Harem, Dark RPG (VXA) game.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
This thread is for the Harem RPG game, a RPG-VX ACE game for which I'm the lead designer and programmer.

Harem is a dark adult RPG featuring heavy mind control, slavery, bondage and coercion fetishes as well as a spiritual subtext and questions on morality. It is not for the faint hearted or easily offended! Nearly everything that you do in the game would (and should) have you arrested in real life but some of us enjoy the darker fantasies. If you do not, don’t play it. What I hope you find if you do choose to play it is an interesting story jammed full of as many interesting characters as I can think of and then get to watch as you fuck them into slavery.

Current content: Harem c8m6 patreon, c8m5 public.
44 women to find and have sex with. 32 enslavable through early access content.
411 scenes among them (all generated in 3dcg)
8018 images and a similar number of pages of text/dialogue.
40+ hours of gameplay
Custom sprites/faces for each character

Download links:
The newest version of the game is reserved for my patreons. If you want to support ongoing development of Harem, please visit:
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&u=2583450&ty=h

I have been releasing monthly updates, averaging about 10 scenes with 250+ pages of content and images, every month for more than a year now. Every time I release new content to my patrons, I make the old version available to the public, for free!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3KuKjSbH2FhYmNGX1Z0U0Zpemc

RTP download (if this is your first RPG maker ACE game, you'll need to install this)
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages/thankyou-rtp-vx-ace

Contact/Blog:
http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/HaremVXA
haremrpg@gmail.com

Not convinced to try it?
Spoiler free: Your homeland is suffering a curse that has made all the women of the land barren. The plan is to go out a raiding to find fertile women and bring them back in chains to save your kind but there are other forces at play in this land and they have plans of their own. Are you their pawn or the master of your own destiny?

The game isn’t a fixed series of events and events will alter based on your decisions. On either path you are a scoundrel, but will you maintain a shred of honor and respect or throw it all to the wind and revel in your power. None of the characters is static and their personalities evolve with yours over time.

Combat has intentionally been kept fairly light and easy, especially along the main plot. Sidequests will involve more combat for more rewards, including new slaves and many more scenes! I still try to keep the combat grinding to a minimum. Grinding of a sexual sort will continue to be commonplace.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think. Good or bad, bug report or idea, I want to hear it. Feedback is tremendously motivating to me so please post here! Many of the events and H scenes came directly from this thread, I'm always looking for new ideas.

Harem is not a solo project. Full credits are in the game and in a .txt file in the download. License terms are also in a .txt file

Enjoy, any and all feedback is appreciated. Negative is fine as long as it's constructive. Sample images provided below so you can get an idea of what the art and writing style is for the game, as well as introduce you to some of the characters.

Harem is not a solo project. Many other people have helped me create this game
Creator: Ker Editor: HirotonoRei Sprites: Ninjician Writers: t51bwinterized, HirotonoRei
3dcg models: Riven1978 Maps, Scripts : Hunter769 Walkthrough: Ikatashi_Paku CG Script : JBurton
Post process proofing : Way2coOl, ofersai (and many others, but they do hundreds of corrections)
Testing/QA Team: Omnibomb, Hunter769, Doom Panda, ofersai, frozendaisies, Duane W., Kane Chaos

4m4-1.PNG 4m4-2.PNG 4m4-3.PNG 4m4-4.PNG 4m4-5.PNG 4m4-6.PNG 4m4-7.PNG 4m4-8.PNG 4m4-9.PNG 4m4-10.PNG

Last edited:

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Updated version Harem v2c2.2 released

Mostly just fixing a few bugs

-Removed Cindy from base. She wasn't ever going to have content after capture but I had put her there as a trophy but it wasn't a good idea.  She might get promoted back into the game later but don't count on it.
-To fix characters use the 'Check Id Ring' skill under the main character
-Gave Terra the ability to cast spells.
-Removed the magic option from character who couldn't use magic.
-Reorder character reset and join events for item consistency.  There may be excess items when upgrading from an old version.  Sell em or keep em, doesn't matter.
-Fixed various items that were usable when they should not be

The Id Ring functionality will be changing going forward.  It will no longer be an equip-able item, rather something inherent to the main character and usable as a skill rather than an item.  Makes it much simpler from a coding perspective.  The skill will function as a quest guide (assuming I haven't forgotten to update it) and an option to reset your characters.  This won't change their level at all, it resets them to the updated code for them and then relevels them to their old level.  Lets me correct/rebalance the game but not try to force it down the players throats.

Base game
http://www.filefactory.com/file/4oogutmgw3xn/Harem_v2c2.2.exe
http://rg.to/file/06caf543fd1c8cdf6742b540c70d86b2/Harem_v2c2.2.exe.html
With RTP
http://www.filefactory.com/file/6fsl2gtnmm5r/Harem_v2c2.2%20+%20RTP.exe

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Harem Chapter 3 released!  v2c3m0.

We've completed the rewrite of the Mountain Glory content and everything is ready to go!  My Patreons have been enjoying it for the last week but now it's time that everyone gets to play it.  Many thanks to them and the support they gave.

Base game, requires RTP installed separately.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5sq4lcz7iklt/v2c3m0.exe

http://rapidgator.net/file/f7079e1ef5d2f362d3b3809a5d4f344c/v2c3m0.exe.html

Game w/ RTP, requires no other installation but significantly larger

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5blg1jhv81vf/v2c3m0%2BRTP.exe

http://rapidgator.net/file/71b5f1a3eeb58e9e9fcf28e949fd9724/v2c3m0_RTP.exe.html

Additional links on blog

[SIZE=11pt]http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/[/SIZE]

I do have a Patreon page up and running.  If you enjoyed the new content and wish to support further development, any donation will help out a great deal!

Content Additions

2 new slaves for the base

Hints on 2 more slaves

Mountain Glory subzone open for exploration and primary questing

Sidequest line (Celeean Swords) open in Eleen

19 new in game scenes, 3 more non-canon scenes

329 pages of text (per Word)

308 new images

And all that to add about an hour to each route!

Credit to the people who helped out with their time!

Copy Editor and Sanity Checker -HirotonoRei

Testing - Hunter769, DoomPanda, Avikash, Matt, Omnibomb, Gegrafsd and Sacr3d

Even if you don't feel like or can't donate via Patreon, your feedback is still critical to the development of Harem.  Let me know what you thought.  What you liked and what you didn't like.  What you'd like more of, what I should focus more on and even what you thought I spent too much time on.  The quality control I get from negative feedback is critical and the morale boost I get from positive feedback moreso.

atar

Oct 16, 2015
any chance you can throw up a mediafire, mega, or dropbox link? Both of those hosts you have are kinda... sketchy...

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
any chance you can throw up a mediafire, mega, or dropbox link? Both of those hosts you have are kinda... sketchy...

You could find a Google Drive link in the blog of the game, but as his hosts make him a little money, I won't post it here.

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
I noticed that some of the text in chapter 2 is now not showing up and I'm wondering if anyone else is having that issue or if it's just me

ker

Dec 11, 2015

Yep, go to my blog, click on downloads and you'll find a google drive link.  For the reason that lostone2 mentioned.

I noticed that some of the text in chapter 2 is now not showing up and I'm wondering if anyone else is having that issue or if it's just me

Press alt for text hide.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
I've sent out v2c3m1 for the Patrons today! Included in the new content:

-3 sidequest lines to show more of the history of the world and characters, as well as gold and loot! And sex. Because of course there has to be sex
smile.gif

-More Cecilia interactions
-Huge script addition which should change the look and feel of the game.
-In theory, old saves should be completely compatible.

Public Release of v2c3m1 will be March 27th

SpikeEye

Aug 27, 2015
So I take it Hongfire is a no-go? Either way, it's good to see you didn't decide to just drop it.

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
I had read elsewhere that he plans to release the public version the last Friday of the month:

I've decided to alter the public release dates a bit. I will be releasing each update on the Friday of the last weekend of every month, so v2c3m1 will come out on the 25th, not the 27th. I want to give you all weekend to play it before the end of the month.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Harem v2c3m1 is released to the public! (Version 2, Chapter 3, Minor Release 1)

Base game, requires RTP installed separately.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/66ejipzco8jf/v2c3m1.2%20base.exe
http://rg.to/file/f69b6928f4b96b8781b599d0f1dad21d/v2c3m1.2_base.exe.html

Game w/ RTP, requires no other installation but significantly larger
http://www.filefactory.com/file/7inn9hap6rb5/v2c3m1.2%20%2B%20RTP.exe
http://rg.to/file/8652f9e83c46869f4542508a692df0e5/v2c3m1.2___RTP.exe.html

I do have a Patreon page up and running.  If you enjoyed the new content and wish to support further development, any donation will help out a great deal!

Content additions:
1 new slave and 1 future conquest introduced
3 new sidequest lines to show you more of the history of the world and characters, as well as gold and phat lootz! And the sex. Of course there’s sex at the end of 2 of them (Fenja and Phoebe).
More Cecilia Interactions
Huge script addition to the game which should give it a very different look and feel.
In theory, old saves should be fully compatible.
6 new scenes in game
80 images
123 pages of text

OLD SAVES MUST BE UPDATED TO THE NEW SCRIPT ENGINE: This will happen automatically the first time you step into the world map and it can be done manually by using the main characters id ring skill and choosing character reset.  The game will crash if you try to look at the TP mode before this happens.  It is not a bug, please do not report it as such.

So I take it Hongfire is a no-go? Either way, it's good to see you didn't decide to just drop it.

What about hongfire?  I still post in the thread the regularly.

I had read elsewhere that he plans to release the public version the last Friday of the month:

You might be right about that ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

SpikeEye

Aug 27, 2015
What about hongfire?  I still post in the thread the regularly.

To be fair, it's been a while since last I visited HF. It's been even longer since I checked your thread there. I just assumed you stopped it there to start it here, but it seems you're just telling more people about your game, which is nice.  Here's hoping you have many more years of success!

ker

Dec 11, 2015
We’re just finishing up on 3m2 and I’m confident enough to pin down some release dates to it.  If everything goes as expected, I’ll release 3m2 to tier 2+ patrons on April 5th and then out to the public on April 22nd.

Please keep in mind that all release dates are projected.  I’m fairly confident in these ones, but unexpected things can and do happen.  They are not set in stone.

What 3m2 is going to add:

3 more sidequest lines

-Phoebe will have another quest for you, this time sending you underneath the Castra Corson and more into its history.  Involves Terra heavily, Fiona lightly.

-Fiona has another quest for you, independent of Phoebe’s.  And if you can attract her interest, she might even join you for a dinner.  Which will not end well.

-Gregory has a quest to send you west, into new lands.  You’ll meet some hardy harvesters.  And take one of them for your own, after doing some quests for her.  And meet someone new.

The resort in the fishing village is now open and Sarah would love to visit.  Even if she doesn’t know everything that goes on there.

Added the library to Castra Corson and put Phoebe and Terra into it.  Your chambers are now your own.

Restructured the way you interact with your slaves in base, making it easier to choose if you want to do their quest or interact with them.  Also added in a ‘quickie’ mode.  Not a scene, but you can call on your slaves at will now.

Added Fenja and Cindy to the base.  They won’t have any interactions but you’ll see them at least.

Restructured the replay scene mode to show what scenes you still have to unlock.

Various bug fixes, like getting the items from the Fenja questline.  They will be retroactive so you won’t have to redo that line.

Made it clear that the inn in Eowen is not actually for sale.  I might revisit that concept later, but it’s not part of content currently.

As always, I love any support and feedback I get on Harem.  If you want to donate to fund development of the game, make sure that you put in your pledges before the end of the month.  Patreon only runs the pledges at the end of the month, and if you don’t get in your pledge before the end of the month you’ll have to wait until next month to get the early release or additional content.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Say in the latest update with that mission with the ORC.  When you pop the orc chief you're supposed to get his axe right? I didn't get one.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Known bug, will be retroactively corrected with 3m2.

k.  Say. I gotta question. When is Terra gonna hit her stride? And Donna.   They're kinda falling behind for Donna and outright sucking for Terra.   Donna's heals are strong and can group target but you've made Angelica basic move fairly power heal over time and tp cheap.  She also has offensive abilities well an offensive ability that while weak as sin poisons.  Donna's lack offensive magic is kinda holding her back when Angelica is also Tougher. 

And Terra's flame is just kinda weak. I mean is it a typo on mage gear or cause of the Humanist reversed , because those absolutely tiny bonuses to magic are negligible in the extreme, and really cripples her offensive ability.  I mean I often see angelica beating in zombie face for more than she can burn them. 

I mean I've been updating  a save. Have I missed a lot of talk skills or something?  It's just kinda painful using her and barrier really doesn't begin to justify her versus the S and S doom combo. Which is only getting betting as her bardic cycle updates and the Tp flows like water . 

ker

Dec 11, 2015
k.  Say. I gotta question. When is Terra gonna hit her stride? And Donna.   They're kinda falling behind for Donna and outright sucking for Terra.   Donna's heals are strong and can group target but you've made Angelica basic move fairly power heal over time and tp cheap.  She also has offensive abilities well an offensive ability that while weak as sin poisons.  Donna's lack offensive magic is kinda holding her back when Angelica is also Tougher. 

And Terra's flame is just kinda weak. I mean is it a typo on mage gear or cause of the Humanist reversed , because those absolutely tiny bonuses to magic are negligible in the extreme, and really cripples her offensive ability.  I mean I often see angelica beating in zombie face for more than she can burn them. 

I mean I've been updating  a save. Have I missed a lot of talk skills or something?  It's just kinda painful using her and barrier really doesn't begin to justify her versus the S and S doom combo. Which is only getting betting as her bardic cycle updates and the Tp flows like water . 

It's probably going to be a bit cyclical in terms of balance.  When I started 3m1 development Angelica was nearly useless so I buffed her, probably beyond Donna's abilities.  I'll try to give both Terra and Donna a bump this time.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
So more reports.  Been playing with the Tp styles now that I notice they unlocked.  They're a wee bit unbalanced. It's painful to say.   Comrade is really really strong. the reward is useful and it occurs often.  Even Ralph in Tank mode gets more out of it than Stoic. Though that may be because Provoke is weak. 

Also Fiona. Is her being a gouging bitch on purpose.  Becuase the shops sell circlets at literally a third of her prices with the same stats. And the only unique things her robe and pendant are really rediculously expensive for excedingly moderate gains. 

I'm kinda regretting buying it.  I mean ten thousand gold for 10 points of defence to both stats? I just feel kinda gypped.  I mean for less than a third of that I can get an Axe that out powers a two handed flaming greatsword of a master necromancer from a bygone age. 

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
I'm attempting to write a walkthrough for the game while a wait for the updates to be released and I want it to be as complete as possible if anyone finds a scene that's hard to get or they don't know what they did to get it send me an Email at pack_kyle@hotmail.com be sure to put  the subject as Harem Game or similar to those lines and I'll try to get it put in to my walkthrough. but till then this is what I have so far.

View attachment Harem V2 Walkthrough.rtf

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
On that note I do have a question. I know that in V1 there were slaves unique to either the light or dark path and there was no middle route. Do you intend to put path specific slave in V2 as well and if so is there a way to get them regardless of your path? I'm a bit of a game possibility collector so not being able to get all the slaves has always aggravated me in V1.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Dude, you are awesome!  Thank you.  On divergent slaves there is two currently planned, Rhea and Alena same as v1.  It's likely that sometime in chapter 6 the player will get the chance to swing back around and grab the other, but that's a very long way off.  I'm going to send you an e-mail with what I've created for a walkthrough which is just barebones mechanical, but covers all current content including sidequests.

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
Got Your E-mail ker. I'm writing my walkthrough while playing the game so it can be a little long winded at times but I'll be sure to fix my typos and add content where it is needed. I'll also try to include a list of all the items, weapons, and armors in the game along with their stats. I realize this is a work in progress game so thins are bound to change and I'll try to keep things as current as possible but there may be things that life throws in my way.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
No problem.  Hit me up for answers whenever you need something clarified.

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
I'd like to state that I put my email here to take requests and to listen to suggestions about the walk through I have written. I don't mind helping the harem community but the main purpose to me getting my email out to everyone was for the walkthrough first and foremost. Again I don't mind helping but I'd prefer if emails were restricted to my walkthrough. Thanks for understanding.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
So more reports.  Been playing with the Tp styles now that I notice they unlocked.  They're a wee bit unbalanced. It's painful to say.   Comrade is really really strong. the reward is useful and it occurs often.  Even Ralph in Tank mode gets more out of it than Stoic. Though that may be because Provoke is weak. 

Also Fiona. Is her being a gouging bitch on purpose.  Becuase the shops sell circlets at literally a third of her prices with the same stats. And the only unique things her robe and pendant are really rediculously expensive for excedingly moderate gains. 

I'm kinda regretting buying it.  I mean ten thousand gold for 10 points of defence to both stats? I just feel kinda gypped.  I mean for less than a third of that I can get an Axe that out powers a two handed flaming greatsword of a master necromancer from a bygone age. 

Sorry that I didn't respond to this earlier:

Stoic is getting buffed in 3m2.  As is Provoke.  And don't hesitate to give me combat feedback, I'm not good at balancing it and need the feedback.

Yes, Fiona is a gouging bitch on purpose.  But ultimately the only way to progress her storyline will be to buy her items.  Don't spend a huge amount right now though.  While the code to track your spend is in 3m1, there isn't much there.  3m2 will have an event happen at 10k gold spent.  And it will develop slowly, so I don't know what the final necessary spend will be in the end.  I'm currently think that she might join somewhere around 5m2 but that might get pushed back to 6m3.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
I have sent out v2c3m2 to my Patrons today, thank you for the ongoing support!  Public release for it will be on the 22nd.

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
To everyone who's wanting a walkthrough. Ker has decided to add the walkthrough I have written directly with the game. It's will be in a folder labeled "Walkthroughs". I'll have to be sure to stay on top of any updates with Harem and keep the walkthrough as clear as possible. I'll spend some time to start the game again so I can give a more congruent product rather than the one that has the rather jumpy style I've written so far.

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
So I found a serious glitch in the game I already messaged the harem support about it but as I have little to no coding experience and knowledge I  have no idea why it accrued but it did.