General Firearms Thread

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I'm a huge gun nerd, as someone who normally quits things they aren't good at actually being motivated to work on my aim and stuff has been pretty constructive.

The first gun I never bought was a Saiga 12 variant so I made an account on a forum about them [which FenForum 2 uses the same model as so that move was amusing]. However I must say the folks on there are typically not people I could hold a casual conversation with... So lets see if we can talk about guns on here!

From when I made this thread on FenForums 1 I know to not expect a ton of y'all actually owning guns [that thread was mostly me, Savin, and Kaiser talking about our guns and JimT remarking how sapient Wombats like himself don't understand free people owning firearms] I'll start the thread off with the question of "if you could have any existing firearm what one would you want?"

My answer changes a lot, usually I'd probably say a PSL but at this particular moment I'd say an M2 Carbine. Something about a wood stocked full-auto .30 Carbine rifle just seems really cool to me.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I've always wanted to play around with a P90.

I have too, the FN Five-seveN was one of the guns that got me into shooting in the first place and I've always wanted one. Its kinda odd that the PS90 and Five-seveN cost pretty much the same on the civilian market.

Reactions: A79

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
I have a Remington 770 in .30-06 and a 9mm Stoeger Cougar 8000 which is a Beretta M9 clone. I've had the rifle for 3 years and the pistol for 1, and I've never shot either haha. There's literally nowhere in my county I can shoot my rifle as .30-06 is too high caliber for an indoor range and outdoor ranges aren't allowed. I've been really busy lately, but one of my friends has been asking me to go to the range to shoot the pistol so it's just a matter of finding time. Only thing I've shot is my dad's shotgun while pheasant hunting a couple years back.

Reactions: A79 and JDeko

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I have a Remington 770 in .30-06 and a 9mm Stoeger Cougar 8000 which is a Beretta M9 clone. I've had the rifle for 3 years and the pistol for 1, and I've never shot either haha. There's literally nowhere in my county I can shoot my rifle as .30-06 is too high caliber for an indoor range and outdoor ranges aren't allowed. I've been really busy lately, but one of my friends has been asking me to go to the range to shoot the pistol so it's just a matter of finding time. Only thing I've shot is my dad's shotgun while pheasant hunting a couple years back.

When I bought Petra [my PTR91 HK G3 clone, I name all 3 of my guns and human OCs for them] I asked at my range I go to if their bullet traps can handle .308win and the guy told me "they can stop .50bmg, the other people in the room wouldn't appreciate you shooting one, but the plates will stop it."

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
When I bought Petra [my PTR91 HK G3 clone, I name all 3 of my guns and human OCs for them] I asked at my range I go to if their bullet traps can handle .308win and the guy told me "they can stop .50bmg, the other people in the room wouldn't appreciate you shooting one, but the plates will stop it."
The plates might be able to stop it, idk, but the ranges' policy doesn't allow it. I'd have to drive to the more rural areas where they actually have outdoor ranges. Unlucky.

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
I'll add the Winchester M1892 to my previous entry. That thing looks like it would be really fun.

Reactions: JDeko

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I was going to add to my post to say, and this could technically "exist" if I got a demo conversion kit, a full-auto 5.45 Tavor. With my Saiga I already have an AK-shaped gun but have no bullpups. Someone at the range I go to have a registered .308 Galil which I was drooling over, but at least at this time I'd rather diversify my firearms than get another 7.62x51mm

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
Yeah, I was going to add to my post to say, and this could technically "exist" if I got a demo conversion kit, a full-auto 5.45 Tavor. With my Saiga I already have an AK-shaped gun but have no bullpups. Someone at the range I go to have a registered .308 Galil which I was drooling over, but at least at this time I'd rather diversify my firearms than get another 7.62x51mm

The Galil is the primary rifle for the Israeli military, right? I'll have to go look it up real quick.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
The Galil is the primary rifle for the Israeli military, right? I'll have to go look it up real quick.

Was, they replaced it with the Tavor.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I'd rather have an actual FN FNC. Between Upotte and Jormungand I've seen enough anime where it was heavily featured to kind of want one. Hell, part of my getting the PTR91 over a FAL clone was based on characters in Upotte [along with cost and the general idiosyncrasies of the G3 design that all appealed to me.]

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
I'd rather have an actual FN FNC. Between Upotte and Jormungand I've seen enough anime where it was heavily featured to kind of want one. Hell, part of my getting the PTR91 over a FAL clone was based on characters in Upotte [along with cost and the general idiosyncrasies of the G3 design that all appealed to me.]

Upotte has somehow slipped past me. Off to Kissanime to see what I missed.

Edit: Okay, I actually have run across Upotte before. It's just been languishing in my watch list.

Reactions: JDeko

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Id loved to collect firearms but most are just too expensive and/or illegal.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Id loved to collect firearms but most are just too expensive and/or illegal.

You not live in 'Merica? [Note: California, Chicago, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Hawaii don't count as "America" for these purposes.]

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
You not live in 'Merica? [Note: California, Chicago, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Hawaii don't count as "America" for these purposes.]

Mostly restricted in my state but was raised in TX if its any consolation.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Mostly restricted in my state but was raised in TX if its any consolation.

My condolences. Michigan [where I live] is pretty alright with guns, hopefully we'll get constitutional carry soon...

If money/restrictions weren't an issue what would you want?

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
My condolences. Michigan [where I live] is pretty alright with guns, hopefully we'll get constitutional carry soon...

If money/restrictions weren't an issue what would you want?

Ah man... too many to list but here are the major one. AKM, M16A1, M16A4, M4A1, G36, MP5A3, P90, UMP45, Desert Eagle .50AE, SPAS-12, M4 Super 90,
MSG-90, Arctic Warfare Magnum, and M82A1. Unrealistic I know for most. Would probably need one of the more restricted Federal Firearms Licenses from the ATF to get these but those very expensive, lots of bureaucracy, a clean background check, and need to be buddies with a sheriff, chief of police, or judge to get them to sign off on it.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I'm kind of obsessed with the Smith & Wesson Model 929 currently. If by some miracle [my chances look worse that Yasu's of not getting chucked off a cliff by Natsuhi] I win the NRA 21 gun sweepstakes that'd be the one I'd be most excited about. Maybe the .480 Ruger Redhawk as well. Either would be awesome to open carry [and good if I needed them whilst doing so too].

lighterfluid

Apr 27, 2016
You lot are making me jealous with your money and reasonable laws. But someday, I will own a Webley-Fosbery. Also an AUG. And an SRM 1216. And a Bizon. And a VSS.

I like unusual designs and operation flashpoint, k?

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I'd love a VSS, but I'd still rather have a PSL even though my G3 basically does anything a PSL does in a more convenient platform.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
...And now I'm obsessed with the Smith & Wesson Model 929...

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
<3 guns
If I could have any gun, atm I'd go for a VG 1-5. I have a soft spot for guns with a weird actions. Plus it'd fit in with my other war rifles.
For the time being though, I've got an AR that still needs parts, and it's getting pretty difficult to feed what I've got, so no new guns for me anytime soon. D:

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I pray every night I'll win one of the NRA giveaway jackpots and get 21-40+ guns, but I have no idea what I'd do with all of them. One having to buy even 10mm, 9mm, and .480 Ruger [the 3 I'm most excited about] would be doubling my ammo stores plus it'd take away from shooting my Raifus I've created characters for [and have smut drawn of].

Still trying to get my Saiga running 100% as well. Last range trip Tomo was ejecting shells across the room but her LRBHO was tripping after every shot a couple times. I'm hoping the mag just needs to get some burrs worn down. At least her 4 round mag runs flawlessly.

<3 guns
If I could have any gun, atm I'd go for a VG 1-5. I have a soft spot for guns with a weird actions. Plus it'd fit in with my other war rifles.
For the time being though, I've got an AR that still needs parts, and it's getting pretty difficult to feed what I've got, so no new guns for me anytime soon. D:

What do you have so far?

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
What do you have so far?
As far as war rifles?
I've got a Russian 91-30 dated 1943. A German Kar98k, was shipped off to the Yugos post war, so no idea on date or anything. Then there's the Enfield an SMLE mk1*** but some monster cut it up pretty good before I got it T-T Also picked up a Nagant 1895 before my C&R license ran out, it's an awesome little revolver.
Then we're into the army of other assorted guns. A Mossberg 500, 1911, a Rhino, an sks dressed up in a bullpup stock, a Bond Arms in .45 and 45lc/.410, a cpx-2, and a Savage Rascal.
Keeping up on ammo gets a little ridiculous sometimes. Reloading has taken some of that pressure off, makes it easy to keep my Rhino spitting fire, and my 1911 in it's holster XD

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
As far as war rifles?
I've got a Russian 91-30 dated 1943. A German Kar98k, was shipped off to the Yugos post war, so no idea on date or anything. Then there's the Enfield an SMLE mk1*** but some monster cut it up pretty good before I got it T-T Also picked up a Nagant 1895 before my C&R license ran out, it's an awesome little revolver.
Then we're into the army of other assorted guns. A Mossberg 500, 1911, a Rhino, an sks dressed up in a bullpup stock, a Bond Arms in .45 and 45lc/.410, a cpx-2, and a Savage Rascal.
Keeping up on ammo gets a little ridiculous sometimes. Reloading has taken some of that pressure off, makes it easy to keep my Rhino spitting fire, and my 1911 in it's holster XD

Yeah, I fear for the day that 7.62x25mm isn't being factory produced anymore