Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Smith & Wes-tan amirite

Its more actual guns that get anthropomorphized than manufactures. So as far as S&W goes I'd be lusting after 929-chan, so I guess Kyuni-Q? Upotte did naming something like that for Ichiyan, Ichihachi, and Ichiroku [M14, AR18, and M16 respectively]. The closest I've come to that was naming my PTR91 "Petra." Tomo [IZ-433] and Eva [M57 Tokarev] are more esoteric in nature.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
Woo got a shotgun reloading press, with goodies, for free from my aunt.
The bad news is it's all set up for 20ga and I've got a 12 D:
Between this and the box of 20ga shells I got because someone mixed them in with the 12ga -_- looks like it may be time to start looking for another shotty.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Woo got a shotgun reloading press, with goodies, for free from my aunt.
The bad news is it's all set up for 20ga and I've got a 12 D:
Between this and the box of 20ga shells I got because someone mixed them in with the 12ga -_- looks like it may be time to start looking for another shotty.

If I win a 20ga in that contest I'm praying I win I'll sell it to you for cheap, especially since I'll be needing money for ammo and safes.

On a serious note, I'm forever almost buying 20ga ammo when I buy range stuff in stores. Hell, at the gun range they gave me 20ga for THEIR 12ga Mossberg Persuader I was renting!

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
If I win a 20ga in that contest I'm praying I win I'll sell it to you for cheap, especially since I'll be needing money for ammo and safes.

On a serious note, I'm forever almost buying 20ga ammo when I buy range stuff in stores. Hell, at the gun range they gave me 20ga for THEIR 12ga Mossberg Persuader I was renting!
Can't say no to cheap guns :D

This is the first time I've done it D: was in a rush getting ready to head up north and do some mudding and shooting, didn't even double check.
XD Reminds me of the guy trying to sell me some 45acp when I was looking for 45 long colt. Ended up saying screw it, and just got some .410, that's all I put through my derringer now.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Can't say no to cheap guns :D

This is the first time I've done it D: was in a rush getting ready to head up north and do some mudding and shooting, didn't even double check.
XD Reminds me of the guy trying to sell me some 45acp when I was looking for 45 long colt. Ended up saying screw it, and just got some .410, that's all I put through my derringer now.

I'd love one of those Bond Arms .410s.

The 20ga that is in one of the prizes is some super pricey custom break-action one shot dealy.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
I'd love one of those Bond Arms .410s.

The 20ga that is in one of the prizes is some super pricey custom break-action one shot dealy.

Aww man, it's good fun, every time I take it to the range I get people asking about. I usually end up convincing some people to shoot it, and watching their reactions is always fun.
That's the kind of shotgun I was gonna look for :eek:
I was gonna look for something less fancy though, like an H&R off armslist XD

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Aww man, it's good fun, every time I take it to the range I get people asking about. I usually end up convincing some people to shoot it, and watching their reactions is always fun.
That's the kind of shotgun I was gonna look for :eek:
I was gonna look for something less fancy though, like an H&R off armslist XD

Pray I win then! XD

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Fen tweeted he just got a SIG P320 and I just learned the army adopted it early this year to replace the Beretta M9. News to me.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
The trigger group makes me think of the Sccy pistols, but they're hammer fired.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Its true you're out of place without a gun, but its more because everyone deer hunts.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
Yep, seems like most everyone goes. I need to remember to actually get a license so I can go this year.
That was the original reason I bought a shotgun, and I still haven't gone -_-

I remember telling an Aussie friend I knew what Australia was like because I saw Mad Max. He said something about it not being a documentary. So I told him Robocop got Detroit right, so I figured Mad Max probably got Australia right.

Reactions: TayJK and RanmaChan

SOU6900

Aug 6, 2017
North Carolina
My first two choices would have to be my Mossberg 12 gauge just because its the only gun that I actually own, and my dad's 356 revolver because it demands respect just by looking at it and it's retired law enforcement too. Other than that I would like to get my hands on a 1911 and a Ma Deuce.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Atlantic had semi-auto M2s in .50BMG and .308win for a while.

I just found a P226 in .357sig and I'm ~REALLY~ tempted by it. If EAA doesn't import more steel framed 10mm Witnesses and no one buy that Sig it might become my EDC instead.

SOU6900

Aug 6, 2017
North Carolina
Semi-auto M2s sound cool but I would rather rock n roll with a full auto. Something tells me though that I'll have to join the military if I want to play with one.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Semi-auto M2s sound cool but I would rather rock n roll with a full auto. Something tells me though that I'll have to join the military if I want to play with one.

Or pay 10s of thousands of dollars for a transferable one. I know Thompsons were going for like 23k several years ago, never looked up what an M2 would be.

SOU6900

Aug 6, 2017
North Carolina
Probably wouldn't be worth it for me even if I had that kind of money because I'd more than likely be in the federal pen for having one that was full auto.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
...Or just buy a transferable one, like I just said...

SOU6900

Aug 6, 2017
North Carolina
Now that I think about it though I think there's a place in Kentucky where you can play with full auto guns and do it legally. If there really is such a place then they probably did just you said.

Aug 13, 2017
I'm going to buy a Handgun one of these days. Though I've been saying that for a long time now. Very indecisive about what one I want. Think I finally have it narrowed down-ish to either a Baretta or a 1911. I just really like the way they look and am a big fan of aesthetics. I need to go in a store one of these days and ask to at least get a feel for them to see if one fits my hand better than the other. Sometimes still kind of up in the air about buying a revolver instead.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I'm going to buy a Handgun one of these days. Though I've been saying that for a long time now. Very indecisive about what one I want. Think I finally have it narrowed down-ish to either a Beretta or a 1911. I just really like the way they look and am a big fan of aesthetics. I need to go in a store one of these days and ask to at least get a feel for them to see if one fits my hand better than the other. Sometimes still kind of up in the air about buying a revolver instead.

Yeah, I'd say feel it out. I personally find the 1911 to be one of the most intuitive to aim and this easiest to shoot pistols around. If you don't plan to shoot a lot and mostly plan to just carry it or stash it for an emergency revolvers are a lot easier to maintain. Nothing really saying if you plan to shoot a lot a revolver is worse than a semi auto, more that for someone who isn't looking to make this a major hobby a revolver is a better choice.

SOU6900

Aug 6, 2017
North Carolina
I remember seeing a nice looking 308 pistol a while back at a gun store that got flooded out last year by Hurricane Matthew. Was a nice looking gun with its Olive Drab coloring. Wish I had the money to buy it.

Aug 13, 2017
Yeah, I'd say feel it out. I personally find the 1911 to be one of the most intuitive to aim and this easiest to shoot pistols around. If you don't plan to shoot a lot and mostly plan to just carry it or stash it for an emergency revolvers are a lot easier to maintain. Nothing really saying if you plan to shoot a lot a revolver is worse than a semi auto, more that for someone who isn't looking to make this a major hobby a revolver is a better choice.
Yea, it's why I'm kind of torn between what type of gun I want. I want one mostly just because I've always wanted one. Maybe go to the range every once in a while, maybe carry sometimes, home defense. I do like that Revolvers are easy to maintain and what not, and I don't mind more Modern Revolvers aesthetically. I do really like the look of the Smith and Wesson Model 686 Plus 3-5-7 Magnum Series. I also like the look of the Performance Center Model 686 Competitor 6" with Weighted Barrel. Think it looks futuristic and nifty, kind of expensive though. Like I said earlier have a hard time trying to decide what I want.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
One of the best ways to choose a gun, is to get out and handle a few of them. Get an idea for what fits in your hand best, and what you like as far as weight of the gun.
Even better is if you can shoot whatever you're looking at buying before you actually buy.
I'd say the 1911 is a good choice. They point shoot fairly easily, while a bit heavy it can be concealed, and its easy to find parts like night sights.
As for revolvers. I'd stay under 6" barrel if you plan to carry. Just for ease of concealment. I'd also vote for a Chiappa Rhino, just because I love shooting mine.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Yeah, you don't want to go past 4 inches for an EDC revolver unless you're going to open carry. If by some miracle I win the NRA raffle I'd open carry that 929 every chance I got. Or the short-barreled Redhawk in .480 Ruger.