Corruption of Champions 5E: Lethice's Wrath OOC Thread

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
@TheAnnoyingNoob Awesome! Glad to have ya back!

Currently everyone is in a caravan en route to Rivendare castle. Right now Eladra is safe inside one of the wagons with Eldakar and the restrained female cultist Rona knocked out.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Okay. So I was gone for a whole week. There was a communications blackout in the state of Indian Occupied Kashmir. I'm from the state, so, yeah. I happened to be staying there for the vacations, which got ruined, thanks to this shit. Anyway, it was a mess. Lot of shit happened.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Also, I'm probably going to go missing again till... September? Because I'm now in a region where this site is blocked. Yes. I know. Inconvenient. Don't write me off!

Update: I managed to grab a VPN. All is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vale

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Hey, don't worry about it. What's more important is that you're safe.

Because I'm now in a region where this site is blocked. Yes. I know. Inconvenient

Update: I managed to grab a VPN. All is good.

Nice! >:3

When a government doesn't allow its people to watch a goblin girl get skewered on dragonborn cock, that's when you definitely know there's a big flaw in the system.

But that's okay. 'Cause we're gonna make sure that that VPN subscription was worth every penny!

Reactions: Archangel99

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Where there's free VPN, there's always a way.

Alright everyone, sorry to keep you waiting!

Now what's say we get this RP steam train rollin' again?

Once again our journey goes upward, my friends! To new literary heights!

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Hey, everyone. It really sucks to say this after the above post, but as of today I'll be taking a break to focus on my mental health.

I know you guys were probably looking forward to this gnoll encounter, but I feel it's something I must do.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Kept you guys waiting, huh?

Took some time and I'm feeling much better. Thank you for your patience!

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Thank you so much! Glad to be back!

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Quick question. How many feet does one square represent? Can I reach the ensnared gnolls?

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Each square represents 5ft. Unfortunately from where Kriv is standing he can't make it that far with just regular movement alone. (If you were to move Kriv with his regular 30 ft, he'd would be able to get within 10 ft. of the top-most undead gnoll. You can move through the spaces of allies as long as you don't end your turn there, so Pascal wouldn't be in the way.)

However, if you were to use Dash as an action (doubling your speed to 60 ft), you would indeed be able to reach any of the gnolls present on the map then attack on the next round.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Not everyone gets access to multi-attacks, and I apologize to everyone here for not making that more clear:

See, the reason why Rona can attack twice at such an early level and that's legal is because that is part of a level 1 class feature is available to all monks. With the entire party now being at level 2, she has access to Ki, which allows her to spend a point and throw out three consecutive attacks instead of two if she wanted.

Gnoll Witherlings and Kavra can attack twice because monsters follow slightly different rules compared to PC's, and that's how their stat cards work. Not all monsters I throw at you are or will be able to attack twice, though. For example, the gnoll warrior can't. Kavra's card is mechanically based off of the Gnoll Flesh Gnawer from pg. 152 in Volo's Guide to Monsters, a supplementary book to 5E.

Unfortunately, Barbarians can't get a 2nd attack until level 5.

For Chaotic, while warlocks usually can't get an extra attack like barbarians or monks can, Gwen is a very special case since she's a hexblade. Warlocks get invocations as they level up, and at level 5, Chaotic can choose to go for Thirsting Blade, allowing Gwen to make extra attacks with her pact weapon - same as you with your greataxe and Wan with her fists.

Last edited:

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Bleeeh. Alright then. Also, I forgot we're at level 2. Gotta go see what skills I have now...

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Good news! At level 2, Kriv gets:

Danger Sense

"At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated."

Reckless Attack

"Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn."

Idea: From now on for everyone's convenience, I'll post all relevant material on what features your specific class gains in this thread whenever the party levels up.

Last edited:

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Even better news -- no need to pick! You get both and can use either one whenever there's a situation that calls for it.

Whenever the PHB states that you get a feature, it will explicitly state whether or not you have to choose. If it doesn't, it's safe to assume that you gain all of them.

So right now, all of Kriv's features so far: Rage, Unarmored Defense, Danger Sense, Reckless Attack -- are available for you to use when you see fit.

Like say you want to get advantage on an attack against one of the gnolls -- you can declare something like [Reckless Attack] and I'll know you automatically get advantage on that attack roll against an enemy.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Not right now, but Lisadra's spell will! I should've mentioned earlier, but you have advantage on that attack roll! >:3

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
That's correct!

And this is where party synergy comes into play. While Reckless Attack is tempting, your shining moments as the big damage dealer come when you or other party members create situations where you get advantage without having to make a massive gamble with RA: Restraining enemies, knocking enemies prone, frightening them with spell effects, ect.

With Chaotic and Wan's respective playstyles, I imagine those sorts of opportunities will pop up quite frequently. ;)

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Apologies that this encounter took so long. I've learned some valuable lessons from it, so I thank you all for bearing with me.

In wake of this recent encounter, everyone earns:

258 XP from defeating Kavra's gnoll raiding party as well as rescuing Lisadra, Sindra, and the sprites.

According to my log, everyone should have 310 XP right now from the encounters before that.

310 + 258 = 568 !

Right now we're 332 XP away from level 3!

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Hi, everyone. I just want to let you all know that I'm still alive and this game is still going to be continuing.

Apologies for my tardiness (again). I've been dealing with personal issues in real life concerning a loved one (relates to the mental health issue I mentioned before). But not to worry, I'm currently in counseling.

I'll try to get a post out by the end of tomorrow in the IC thread. Thank you for your patience, guys. And for being my players.

Reactions: Archangel99