Corruption of Champions 5E: Lethice's Wrath OOC Thread

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Greetings, everyone!

I would like to run a D&D 5E Adventure based on the Corruption of Champions game we all know and love. Below are some specifics:

Place for the game to be hosted?: Right here on the RP forums.

System: Dungeon's & Dragons 5th Edition (PHB + Xanathar's + SCAG+ UA)

Classes: All PHB classes are available. UA and Homebrew classes are accepted on a case-by-case basis. Multi-Classing is available.

Races: Dwarves, Halflings, Aarakocra, and Gnomes are unavailable as choices for starting races. All other PHB races are available. Volo's and UA races are available on a case-by-case basis.

Scheduling: Still to be determined. Currently a full-time college student approaching finals, so my hours are becoming more flexible.

Setting?: The game will take place in a homebrew setting with elements of Mareth that will be trickled in as time goes on. Magical items are rare and the wilderness untamed. Expect a heroic-styled medieval fantasy.

Type of Game: One-shot adventure.

I emphasize adventure/one-shot and not a "campaign" because I am a relatively new GM still honing my skills. However, if the game is met with positive reception, I am willing to look into organizing a full-fledged campaign and asking all players to continue playing their characters.

Depending on the party's preference, we'll be starting at level 1.

MAXIMUM PLAYERS: 5/5

• A dynamic corruption system that goes from 1-100, influencing what sort of items and abilities players might be able to acquire.
  • Transformative System
  • Several Additional Races (Lupines, Lapines, Catfolk, Minotaurs, Centaurs, Rodezans)

For further details on the above features, please consult this document here: https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LY3A607t8hY1saO9vW9

For all parties interested, there are several questions I would like you to answer for me that will aid in tailoring your experience:

What 'type' of game would you like to be run?

Of course, there's going to be smut of the highest order in the game. No doubt about that.

But moreover, what is your play[-style like mostly? Do you prefer the intrigue of the noble courts? Manipulating those around you with a silver tongue and a quick wit? Or do you enjoy that boiling in your blood as you stand against the demonic horde with naught but a sword, armor, and a stubborn will to survive?

Scheduling

We all have a lot of stuff going on in each of our lives with work, college, ect. and I wish to accommodate that as much as possible with play-by-post.

How available might you be per week?

Also, what time zone do you live in?

I run on U.S. Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5) and with college finals coming ever closer for me, that means more time devoted to D&D.

Kinks

A big one here. What turns you on and what turns you off? The majority answers to these questions will influence what sort of Monsters/NPCs the party will encounter during the adventure.

I'd like to say that most of my kinks are compatible with others:

-Futas

-Tentacles

-Traps

-Bondage

-Excessive Cum

-Breast Milk

-Anal Sex

Only things I might say no to are:

-Scat

-Excessive Gore

(Edit: Edited some typos in the document. 'Tis what I deserve for posting this so late into the night >_<)

(Edit 2: More specifics. Spoilers to cut down on that oppressive wall of text.)

Last edited:

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Hi there! Been a long time player here. I can do both styles mentioned above, so I'm good for either. Probably going to decide on which kind of character later.

I'm available pretty much every day of the week. I can spare like 10-15 minutes for a post every day unless it's super hectic. But if you're on at the same time, even better. I can go for a couple of hours if I have nothing to study.

As for kinks, all my major ones line up with yours, so that's good, I suppose. :p

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Hi, Archangel!

I've been following Draanok and the rest of the gang's adventures in Return to Mareth for quite some time. In fact, Ecna's game that's part of what inspired me to make this. Watching him and Castella grind each other's gears over religion is absolutely amusing xD

Honored to have you aboard!

For the game itself, it's gonna be hosted right here on the forums itself.

After we get the whole party together, I'd like each player to establish at least one bond with another character in the group that answers how you might know each other.

Are you companions from a past adventure? Relatives? Fuck-buddies? Ect.

If there are any questions you or anyone else might have about the game/setting, I'll be glad to answer. :)

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
I'm glad someone finds it amusing. Heh.

Anyway, let me see who the other players are when they show up. If they join I'd be happy to work something out with them.

Coltshan

Jul 21, 2018
Game Type: I'd like some politics, gathering the support of lords and kings alongside many other onorthodox allies to unite and push the tide of corruption back.

Schedule: I'm available most of the and i reside near the east coast u.s.

Kinks: Femdom,rape, musk,power bottom, impregnation, twink, s/m

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Great! I was wondering when politics would come up.

The setting includes squabbles among the nations in the backdrop as the demonic forces encroach upon the world. I'm glad that you would like to see that brought into the forefront and addressed, Coltshan.

In fact -- we can get you into politics right out of the starting gate depending on your character's background and race.

Tell me what race/background you'd be interested in playing (if there's one you're interested in that isn't in that document, let me know and we can work something out) and that'll go a long way as we collaborate on establishing your character's station in the world's political realm as well. Who knows? Perhaps they might already be familiar one of the lords in this world. Under what sort of government would you say your character was brought up in?

Archangel, I'd like to collaborate with you and the rest of the party as well based on what your individual interests are. When you played Draanok his class was a rogue, correct? If you'd like to play a rogue once more, I'm open to ideas about a Thieves' Guild and the like that your character might be connected to.

Coltshan

Jul 21, 2018
I was thinking of beiing a human who is a noble/royal. A sort of defacto champion for the realm as the corruption has already claimed famous and powerful champions alike.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Ah, I see. And as a result of their plights, your character feels a certain obligation to spread awareness of this to other lords, ladies, and kings who are to caught up in their petty squabbles to recognize the greater threat that looms over the land. I like it.

One of these former champions who fell to the corruption -- did your character have any outstanding relationship with them by any chance?

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
I like it! Makes sense why they'd have a vested interest in halting the corruption more than others.

Alrighty, what class would you be interested in playing? Same question goes to you, Archangel, as well as race.

TheAnnoyingNoob

Sep 6, 2015
My schedule’s starting to open up as my semester ends and I enjoyed my time with Coltshan before my schedule made me bail (sorry about that Colt), so sign me up!

Type of Game: Anything goes, as long as it’s not too puzzle/riddle heavy.

Schedule: I’m theoretically available most of the day EST, though my work schedule shifts around weekly.

Kinks: I’ll take anything you can throw at me! I tend to lean towards the Sub end of the spectrum though, and am fine with furry/anthro characters but would prefer to avoid delving too deep into related TFs.

Last edited:

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Understood, Noob. Overbearing puzzles and riddles are definitely something I wanna avoid in this game.

Coltshan, AnnoyingNoob, I'm honored to have you both aboard as well!

With you two coming in, we now have a full party. Thank you so much for entering this game!

The 4th player, WannabeAdventurer, will be joining us soon.

When they do , I would like you all to elaborate on your character's backstory (Doesn't have to be long at all. A single paragraph at best) and create a bond with one other character in the party that answers the question: How do you both know each other?

For now, please select your races, backgrounds, and classes, and roll your characters. We will be beginning this adventure at level 3.

Those of you who prefer Drive, I found an automated character sheet for your convenience. Enjoy!:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TVjNzPUma9I3UBmPIqzR-hsJs/edit#gid=1750226729

(Go to File > Make a Copy > Then go to My Drive and it should be there ready to edit)

In addition, I'm also uploading a fillable character sheet for those who prefer PDF formats.

When you're done, I would like all of you to please PM me your completed character sheets. If anyone requires any assistance with their sheets, let me know and I'll be glad to provide it. :)

For races (remember, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Halflings are unavailable) and backgrounds, you can choose from from either the 5E PHB or this document I posted earlier:

https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LY3A607t8hY1saO9vW9

If there is a race you'd like to play that is not listed on the PHB that's from other content like Volo's, PM me the race.

All class content from PHB and Xanathar's are available. For content from UA or other sources, PM me the details for that class, please.

After that's done, you have 3 options for stats:

• Roll 4d6, drop lowest
  • Point Buy
62370458b919ffaed4a1cccfb015500c
RtyQjuS.png
  • Or Standard Array: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8

Attachments

• CharacterSheet_3Pgs_ Complete.pdf
    347.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

TheAnnoyingNoob

Sep 6, 2015
I’m thinking Human Barbarian/rogue or a tiefling/felstari of some sort if anyone has an opinion. Could go for a cleric if no one else ends up with any healing.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He was a rogue at first, then switched to warrior to balance the party out a bit.

I wouldn't mind playing a rogue again, but I've started liking the barbarian class quite a bit. (Minus the fact that they can't fucking read. XD)

Anyway. I'm fine with playing either class. What do you think would fit best in the RP?

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Both rogues and barbarians would be equally great for the setting!

Barbarians - People of all races might grow tired of the bureaucracy that everyday civilization might saddle them with. Taxations, wars, adhering to the whims of the nobility ect, so its very possible that tribes might open up on the untamed frontier. If we make a tribe, perhaps they might hold some mystical secret that we might have need of in the future? I'd be glad to collaborate with you guys on placing your tribes in the story if you like.

In fact, some might see the coming of demons as a breath of fresh air! Imagine it -- no more rigid laws chaining you down. It's just you, your axe, a bunch of demons and the only law of the nature being who ends up falling into the grass and reamed into submission by the victor. A fitting place for a barbarian, wouldn't you agree? xD

Rogues - Also fits within the RP. With the coming of demons, there might be many a profit to be made within the thieves guilds all across the land with items dubbed "illegal and unholy" by various governments and religions (sometimes both at the same time) dotted all across the land.

If you'd like to be a rogue, again feel free to pitch to me ideas on what your organization might be all about as well as some important contacts you might have bonds with. In fact (and I regret not adding this to that race in the document), catfolk rogues could be members of what western nations might call 'knighthood orders' of sorts. I'd be willing to flavor this in with letting people playing as members of that order being able to choose Religion as one of their skills. Example below:

apAl8lp.jpg

Noob, what Domain would you like to play as for your cleric? I'd be willing to let you create your own deity if you like.

Last edited:

TheAnnoyingNoob

Sep 6, 2015
Been thinking Life, but Death could be a go-to as well. Any gods with those domains specific to the setting?

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Yup!

Iona:
  • Domain: Life, Fertility, Passion, Harvest
  • Alignment: Chaotic Good
Description: To this day there are mixed perceptions on the clergy of Iona. Where some would see them as a congregation dedicated to replacing woe with happiness and loneliness with companionship -- others would see them as opportunistic, cum-starved hedonists preying on the desires of the masses. Regardless of what side of the fence one might fall under, all would agree that they would feel this divine embrace as they copulate with one of her devotees. This warmth that they had been craving for now swimming deep inside them, a storm of a emotions running through their bodies as they approach ever closer towards orgasm. One could only wonder why Iona's churches witness such high attendance rates -- and the beds of spouses sometimes absent a partner.

Iona is depicted as a woman with orange hair like the sunlight. She wears a warm grin that would unfurl even the hardest of hearts along with transluscent, ornate robes revealing a svelte alabaster figure underneath. Though if they were to look into that amber gaze, they would see a flicker of this raw, carnal desire within them.

Zolonah:

• Domain: Death, Stars, and Travel
  • Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Description: Every night, Zolona is said to release the twinkling lights of friends and loved ones long since past from her embrace. Across the dark expanse these lights place themselves, and those still among the living need only look up to see them arranged like a map of sorts, guiding them towards their next destination -- whether it be in this world, or across the planes.

The Goddess teaches that souls are flames that burn within us all. When the time comes for the mortal souls to depart, comfort those in mourning, reminding them that the flame does not wither away, but only takes up new form with the night's coming.

The avatar of Zolona is often described as a woman with pale skin and a winged, gray cloak that billows on the wind along with her locks of silvery hair. Many horse-riders have claimed to have seen her in the late hours before sunrise. Some have tried to catch her -- all have failed.

TheAnnoyingNoob

Sep 6, 2015
A Tiefling/Felstari Cleric of Iona would be interesting, if that fits. Someone who wants to suppress their urges out of fear they might go too far, but knows they need to find a balance.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Yeah, that'll fit! A Felstari in search of bettering themselves through the faith. Makes a lot of sense that they'd be a cleric.

Really happy you asked about the gods, by the way. For a moment there I was thinking that they'd be of less importance due to a lack of "divine" classes.

But who knows? Someone might decide to decide to become an adherent of Huln.

Oh, one important question to ask all of you:

Is there anyone here here who is adamant about maintaining their character's virginity in the game?

I know, it sounds like a strange question given what we're all here for -- but virgin playthroughs were a thing in CoC, so I just wanna cover my bases. It's relevant to what I'm planning for you all. ;)

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Hmmm... I think I'll pick a Dragonborn barbarian. Partly because I've already gotten used to playing a Barbarian, and partly because I already have a reference picture for him. Heh.

What else do I need to do now? I've mostly only used D&D 3.5's system, so I'm going to need a bit of handholding to get through this part.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Hmmm... I think I'll pick a Dragonborn barbarian. Partly because I've already gotten used to playing a Barbarian, and partly because I already have a reference picture for him. Heh.

What else do I need to do now? I've mostly only used D&D 3.5's system, so I'm going to need a bit of handholding to get through this part.

Sure thing, Arch!
According to the information I gathered, here are some things you might find different between the systems:

• Prestige Classes are no longer a thing: Specialization is done through subclasses that you select around level 3.
  • Cantrips are Unlimited
  • Feats aren't as important: You no longer get a feat at 1st level (unless you go Variant Human). Every 4 levels (4, 8, 12, 16, 19), you get a choice between either increasing your ability scores or selecting a feat: http://jsigvard.com/dnd/Feats.html
  • No Separate Will/Fortitude/Reflex: All saving throws are directly tied to ability score modifiers and proficiency provided by your class.
  • No XP Costs for Spells
  • Advantage/Disadvantage: In certain situations, you might be asked to roll 2d20 and either take the higher (advantage) or lower value (disadvantage) depending on what's going
There's a few more differences that you might discover as we play, and I'll point them out to you as they come up.

So far you've selected your class and your race. Next you can:

• Choose your character's background. You can choose one that's from the PHB like in this link, or you can customize your own: http://gdnd.wikidot.com/backgrounds
  • Generate your character's stats using the 4d6 drop 1 method, standard array, or point buy. Then you place those 6 stats (STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA) onto your character sheet (Dragonborn receive an amazing +2 STR and +1 CHA, so you're gonna have a great time with grappling, seduction, and intimidating >:3).
This might sound weird, but after you put down the stats, those double-digit numbers don't matter as much as the modifiers that they provide:

cnCUUOC.png

Modifiers are what you add to

Let's say your STR is 16, so you get a +3 modifier. From here on out, you add that +3 to all relevant skills that fall under the STR stat ( Athletics). You apply this same principle to all of your stats and your respective skills.

You also have a proficiency modifier that's +2, but you only add this to skills that your background, race, or class provide. So if your class and background states that you are proficient in Athletics, you would add that +2 proficiency to get a whopping +5!

Desire to know more intensifies
I’ll take all the divine info you’d care to give us if you have the time/inclination

Sure! I'll send individual PM's you and anyone else who is interested details about the gods. Or, if the gods pique everyone's interest in particular, I can always just post them here.

I just don't want to end up bombarding anyone in this party with exposition/information that they didn't ask for at this particular stage of things.

By the way, everyone -- I know in the above statement I said that we would be starting out at level 3, but there is something I would like us all to discuss in PM's before said decision is truly set in stone. I will send a group PM to you all shortly.

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Hi everyone! Sorry I'm so late to the party, studies have been very...work intensive. So I'm Wan, my kinks mostly align with what people have mentioned. I don't like gore/scat/watersports but other than that I'm mostly open to anything.

I am playing a Rodezen Monk named Rona Siris. She is a bit uptight in demeanor, lives a very humble life, has a loose vow of celibacy. (Which I intend on being broken during the course of the adventure :p )

She spent most of her life training her body and mind with her Order. Though when the Corruption began to spread, and people were taken from her Warren, she set out to find the source of the corruption. She grew up in her Order in their underground temple, dedicating her life to the pursuit of knowledge, seeking to find ways to unlock her people's true potential. Now her goal is to find the people taken from her village and return them safely, and to stop the people who had taken them.

I'm up for any bonds with other players, let me know if anyone has any ideas. She is good at heart, and will help any in need, even if their morals do not align with hers.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Hey, Wan! Good to see ya here!

Loving the name!~

TAN, what would you say to your cleric forming a bond with Rona? Both your backstories seem to be pretty similar when it comes to staving off lust. Celibates (for now ;)) ought to stick together, right?

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Awesome, thanks TAN! Any idea where they may have encountered one another? Is your cleric mobile or does she have sort of a home temple/base? If it's the latter I could see Rona seeking aid while on her travels and the two meeting like that. Would love to know as much as I can about your cleric's whole deal. Mannerisms, her 'base of operations', etc.

TheAnnoyingNoob

Sep 6, 2015
Awesome, thanks TAN! Any idea where they may have encountered one another? Is your cleric mobile or does she have sort of a home temple/base? If it's the latter I could see Rona seeking aid while on her travels and the two meeting like that. Would love to know as much as I can about your cleric's whole deal. Mannerisms, her 'base of operations', etc.
Starting a google doc to work on such. I’d be happy to work Rona into her history at any point and possibly expand on what the two have done together. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dbj1xD2EaBKU46xf5LGomA6af8pFkGNigdpodArDchA

EDIT: Also I believe I’ll be changing her god of choice. Felt the new one worked better with her.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
PicsArt_07-01-02.23.27.jpg

So... This is the character I'll be playing. Dragonborn barbarian.
Character sheet is... A work in progress. For now. XD