Corruption of Champions 5E: Lethice's Wrath OOC Thread

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Hey TAN, after reading about the Gods, as well as Eledra's backstory, I think Rona would have sought out the Goddess's temples, or one of her clerics.
In an attempt to learn more about Morne and how her clerics operate, to see if the religion would be right for her, maybe she would accompany Eledra on a few travels. Protecting one another, Eledra teaching Rona about the Goddess's teachings, etc.
In this I think Rona would take a 'student' like role, probing Eledra's brain as Eledra teaches her about the Goddess.
Any thoughts? If that doesn't work well let me know, not sure if that would work with Eledra's personality, as she does seem to enjoy her alone time. Rona would basically play the role of a student converting to the new religion, as well as extra protection on the roads.
She would leave Eledra alone when requested, as she enjoys her alone time and tries not to get too close to people.

TheAnnoyingNoob

Sep 6, 2015
That'd be great. Eledra would probably see it as part of her duty and first, and maybe even see Rona as a friend over time.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Starting a google doc to work on such. I’d be happy to work Rona into her history at any point and possibly expand on what the two have done together. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dbj1xD2EaBKU46xf5LGomA6af8pFkGNigdpodArDchA

EDIT: Also I believe I’ll be changing her god of choice. Felt the new one worked better with her.

A cleric of Morne? I like it!~ I was hoping she'd get some love. Yeah, if you want to roll Life Domain with Morne, that'd work. Loving the backstory on Eladra! (Dayglow or Hellstar, either one is a badass name)

View attachment 9412

So... This is the character I'll be playing. Dragonborn barbarian.
Character sheet is... A work in progress. For now. XD

He looks awesome! Seriously guys, I'm really impressed with these pics!

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
Hey, I was just wondering if there's still room for another? I'm a big fan of problem solving and role play, but I know all about combat and the like.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Sure! I'll take on one more.

To anyone viewing this thread who might wish to come in after Chaotic, I apologize but 5 players is as high as I'm willing to go.

TheAnnoyingNoob

Sep 6, 2015
Well now that we have an uneven number, anyone who would want to be connected to/acquainted with Eledra can just poke me and we’ll work something out.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Chaotic, if you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask.

We'll be starting at level 1 and beginning the RP as soon as everyone has their backgrounds/races/classes sorted out and their character sheets PMed to me.

Welcome aboard!

And to all of you, I am honored that you decided to join this game.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
So I'm going through the rules for the barbarian class, and there's something I didn't get. They keep mentioning proficiency. What exactly is that?
Also, what are all the stats we have to make?
Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma, yes?

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
So I'm going through the rules for the barbarian class, and there's something I didn't get. They keep mentioning proficiency. What exactly is that?
Also, what are all the stats we have to make?
Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma, yes?

Correct, Arch. Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma are the 6 stats everyone will be using throughout the game.

Proficiency is a way of showing what your characters are "good" at. What makes them unique.

It determines what armor you can and cannot wear. How effectively you make attack rolls with certain weapons, and how specialized you are in certain tasks compared to others (saving throws, tool proficiencies, skills).

This is reflected by a bonus score that you add to all relevant attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws.

This is called a "proficiency bonus".
At level 1 this starts as a +2, but increaseses as we level up. Everyone has the same proficiency bonus, but it gets applied to different things depending on race, class, and background.

When it says "You are proficient with X", if it's something you would have to roll for, then that's when you add that +2

So for example, you're a Barbarian:

One of your proficiencies is with martial weapons -- a category that your greataxe falls under.

If you wished to make an attack roll with your greataxe, it would be: d20+ strength modifier + proficiency bonus

This reflects your Dragonborn's training with that weapon. You would make a similar roll with STR or CON saving throws and your chosen skills (Athletics for example).

Eladra could pick up that greataxe and use it as well, but since she is Life domain, she is not proficient with martial weapons and can't use that greataxe as effectively (no proficiency bonus).

But she gets her proficiency added to spell attacks and WIS/INT saving throws.

Proficiency is also the reason why Coltshan's fighter is the only person in this party who can wear heavy armor. (Anyone else who might attempt it would get disadvantage on all ability checks, saving throws, attack rolls that involve STR/DEX, and they can't cast spells.)

Or Rona being able to crack an imp's skull bare-handed.

Last edited:

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Ahhh. Got it. So proficiency can be applied to any one thing per level, yes? Like, every time you level up, you can increase the proficiency for something you're good at? But if you put all your proficiency points into... Say... Using your greataxe, wouldn't you be scoring like 15+ every roll of the dice?

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
Proficiency is a flat rate applied to all things you are proficient in, and increases at certain levels. At max level, 20, it's a +6 bonus. You can become proficient in more things as you level up, such as by receiving training or multiclassing, but otherwise can not influence it.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Proficiency is a flat rate applied to all things you are proficient in, and increases at certain levels. At max level, 20, it's a +6 bonus. You can become proficient in more things as you level up, such as by receiving training or multiclassing, but otherwise can not influence it.

Chaotic sums it up very nicely here ^^^

And you won't score a guaranteed 15+ on a roll of the dice every time you use the greataxe. That flat rate that Chaotic mentioned? That, along with your strength modifier, is added to the d20 roll in order to give you a better chance at hitting the enemy.

For example, let's say you wish to perform an attack roll against an Anemone with your greataxe. The monster's Armor Class is 13 and thus requires an roll of 13 or greater in order to damage it.

Attack rolls for the greataxe and weapons that share its category are: 1d20 + STR + proficiency bonus

If your dragonborn's hypothetical STR mod is 3 and your proficiency bonus is 2, that means you get a +5 to all attack rolls with a greataxe. But even with this +5, it's still possible for you to roll a low value like a 6 and end up dealing no damage at all.

Edit: Oh, and one off-topic question I'd like to ask: What's everyone's views on tentacles? Wan, I know you like em~, but what about everyone else? Yay? Nay?

Last edited:

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Excellent!~

Alrighty. While we wait for the rest of the sheets to come in, I'll put this out to give us all a better idea of our starting region:

GpPjhlq.png

Map gets updated as the party uncovers more areas of this world as well as the next (Mareth). ^~^

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
Awesome, well I'm looking forwards to playing this out.

By the way, does anyone want to share a bond with my character? I can pm details with whoever does.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Some bond ideas to toss around for you guys:

Chaotic's character, Gwen-Dara, is a courtier. That puts her in the same sphere of influence as Coltshan's human fighter, who is a noble. You both could say you know each other due to attending the same royal court, being involved in a nasty case of cut-throat political intrigue, ect.

Archangel's character is a monster hunter. As for how he could fit with your characters, he could've been hired by a local lord to slay a monster terrorizing their lands. However, when the dragonborn completed the task, the noble tried to take the credit of apprehending the beast for himself , bringing dishonor to the barbarian's status as a warrior. One of you (or both) could've stepped in and assisted in making the lord's claim out to be false, embarrassing him in front of the rest of the peerage and restoring the dragonborn's honor.

G9glzXH.jpg

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
Well because there's five of us, I'm willing to use both bonds.

Also, here's a ref for my character:
ls2rx9-k7chejk3jDvliVHmfpm9UgtdJRBl7fAUfI_BCl8w7BfILNZigveDuZxCsuNhjSxXEHeOF-rAsHCh2a_enBKCCOm67RpiVgWev4XtFvkTIzfJjUQ7NvFqP_wJ4SvHz1U8PkSllz0v-g5ACJtPlCQ=w232-h633-nc

Last edited:

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Hey if anyone needs help with their character sheet please message me, I'm fairly familiar with 5e.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jrID_VF9YmJumrXdQyGA2-5gQXEcBATa6KrOWPNXQfc/edit?usp=sharing

This is an autofill character sheet that does half the work for you. If you make a copy you'll have your own version. It should help get things done easier.
To switch between different parts of the character sheet, click the tabs on the bottom that say Main Page. Details and Equipment, and Spellcasting to go to their respective pages.

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
Okay, mine and Archangel's characters have a bond, but I'm still willing to double up if needed. Otherwise, I'm ready to play.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Excellent!

Coltshan, you're the only PC without a bond. You and Chaotic's character, Gwen are the two nobles of the party. If you decide that your human character is a local noble of this area, then your bond can be that you know her because you both have established some form of "political alliance" after coming across each other during multiple gatherings, parties, ect.

You aren't quite sure what the girl's true motives are, but one thing's for sure: The both of you wish to have words with a local baron concerning issues that concern both your households. (More details to come in PMs~!)

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Scarves, unfortunately all of our player slots (5/5) are full. My apologies, but at this I don't believe it's within my capabilities to manage any more than 5 players at one time. Even so, I thank you for expressing interest in the RP. :)

You're welcome, Wan! Glad you like it. :)

Announcement for everyone: I'll be making an official in-RP thread and we'll be starting soon!

We'll still be utilizing this thread if there are any questions concerning rolls, rulings, the story itself, ect.

Edit: Second announcement.

Wan brought up a very important topic that I forgot to address: How we'll be handling rolls!

Question for you all: Who here, besides Wan, has a Roll 20 account already set up?

Last edited: