Confessions of champions

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
All you can do is cherish the time you have, and hope she becomes someone you can be proud of.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
It's been a while that Keros released Kiyoko and Kinu from the orb, and while it seems that everything is fine now, i can't stop thinking that on the inside, Kinu is severely hurt and i must beg for her forgiveness, and give everything of myself to try and be a good parent to her now (and the other children too if i could interact with them), which is like, the BIGGEST reason my character became a kitsune in the first place. My character (or me actually) just wants to be closer to her family, and to show them how much she loves them and cares for them.

Also, when I started the game, it seems i did enough actions for Kasyrra to have some sort of infatuation towards my character in WC, and now i feel horrible about it because my character has such deep feelings towards her kitsune family, but also thinks that, like certain wraiths, Kasyrra wouldn't do the things she's doing if she had empathy towards others, so she hopes Kas can be saved. But even if something close to that happens, i have no idea how to paint it in my mind, because my character has her family after all, how the hell is she going to deal with Kasyrra's infatuation?? I just keep confusing myself over this and i keep thinking if i should have just not been nice to Kasyrra at all...

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Savin's mentioned that he might write up a post-WC conversation dealing with companions reacting to finding out the sort of relationship the Champion has with Kasyrra if you're on that path, since in all the previous encounters they're absent for one reason or another (unless you sex Kas in the tutorial and admit it to Cait, I guess) which would make for a fun read. And yeah, I'm actually getting into a bit of that with the first of my Champions to have freed Kiyoko, but who's also on that path with Kas. I built them around a gameplay rather than roleplaying hook (I wanted a character with access to high-Corruption scenes and sort of filled the blanks in backwards from that) but I've decided that the existence of Adorable Floof Daughter is acting as something of a morality anchor that's currently keeping them from going completely over the edge into demonic hedonism... but in the long run I'm not sure that's gonna be enough for her to resist the Corruption. We shall see...

Reactions: Caprice Dhusara

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
What saddens me the most, is that, my Champion is past the 100 day mark. I'll definitely do everything again if i have to, but it will take some time...

VynalDerp

Jun 26, 2019
What saddens me the most, is that, my Champion is past the 100 day mark. I'll definitely do everything again if i have to, but it will take some time...
I just passed the 200 day mark.

I blame grinding kids with Kiyoko.

Gotta get them 9 fluffy tails or it just isn't the same.

Reactions: Violyn

This One

May 21, 2020
My champions relationship with Kas feels more like a girl trying to fix the misunderstood sexy lady from the wrong side of the tracks than trying to stop a demon from corrupting the world... at least in my head heh. Her feelings are very much 'I want you so much I can't keep my hands to myself but I can't go along with you fucking up my whole world soooo...'

If a super pure ending where we can get her a new soul and take away her corruption gets added I'm going straight for it. Otherwise I'll be role-playing a tragedy where my champion had to kill someone they love in the end.

Ossa

Sep 6, 2018
I sincerely don't see how anybody can love Kasyrra, good a character as she is. Lust for her, maybe, but love her? She's literally a soul-less, selfish 'I want it all and I want it my way' figure, all take and no give.

Y'know. A Demon.

Reactions: Drazzin and Gooch

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I sincerely don't see how anybody can love Kasyrra, good a character as she is. Lust for her, maybe, but love her? She's literally a soul-less, selfish 'I want it all and I want it my way' figure, all take and no give.

Y'know. A Demon.
You're implying that folks will not still fuck that.
In fandom, if it's hot, they'll fuck it.

Ossa

Sep 6, 2018
That's what I mean; lust for such a figure, sure. But love her, romance her? It's incomprehensible to me, and mildly worrying.

There's my confession.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
I think going for "love" there is a quite an exaggeration. But, roleplaying wise, it's not too hard to imagine someone who has a good and naive enough heart to believe a souless demon could be saved, especially when you end up seeing a different side of Kas in WC,
all she ever wanted was to have children, and since the beginning that was taken from her when she became a demon... i'm also going for a stretch and say that her crimes right now, are not inherently different from the gods' crimes back when they were wraiths
Don't be mistaken, i AM going for a super stretch on saying that imo (i don't even agree with my statement wholeheartedly), but i can it can generate an interesting debate if anyone is interested.

I honestly have no clue what's going to happen, but i don't think we'll be able to do something about her soul. It's unfortunate, but i don't see a way to "save" her from herself. Going for something like that makes a lot of moral complications for the game, i don't think most people would agree on something like that.

This One

May 21, 2020
That's what I mean; lust for such a figure, sure. But love her, romance her? It's incomprehensible to me, and mildly worrying.

There's my confession.
She doesn't love her... yet, but if the story continues the way it has been with so many hints and the like showing that there is more to her than just 'I'm gonna dick it' then from a role-play point of view it's totally possible.

Violyn got it right, I'm role-playing a character that has a kind heart and naively thinks she can just ignore the darker things Kas says and does in hopes that she can fix her somewhere down the path. And when that doesn't happen as a reader and a player I'll be enjoying the salt from the characters tears as well as my own.

Last edited:

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020

There's my confession.

Oh, father forgive me, for I have sinned. I love Kasyrra. The demoness that will corrupt this world. And I am not sure if it is her corruption that is seeping into my soul, or my soul that is finally complete with her. Got it? Ok thanks, bye!

It is sometimes hard to see how people get sometimes conflicting views reading the same text. I try reasoning my way to an explanation that is in the end a visceral response. Yeah, I love Kasyrra.

Befpre we start, I just also wanna say that I love demons in general. Which is weird, my therapist tells me so, but hang with me: In standard fantasy/DnD, Succubus are these demons that look human, but have a true form. They are incredibly alluring, but can drain the life out of you. Succubus basically works as an allegory for how hetero-society sees LGBTQ in general. They look like humans, but they have a hidden, evil side. And they suck so hard that they can drain your life. "Trust me officer, this trans woman is a succubus. I, a god-fearing man would never out of my own free will have intercourse with her."

Once you interpret the 'sucking your life out' as not something demons can do, but society has invented to justify cruelty, then it starts to work as an allegory. They start to work as a vessel for all the repressed sexual desires you cannot have in a puritan hetero society. Desires that are lurking inside people. They do not 'corrupt' people, they remind people of the desires they repress.

Alright, so that's how far I got with my first therapist. How well does CoC2 Kasyrra fit into it? Not too well, but kinda. Mind you, I haven't gotten to tbe winter city yet. She is written like she has potentially sexual power over the champion. To me, the dream scene hit like a kink-truck, because I found myself experimenting with dom/sub relationships in fantasy. Kasyrra kinda represents this forbidden fantasy, and the text for me really walks a lovely line between "does she corrupt me with the dom-sub stuff, or is it something that was always within me?"

This is a mish-mash of text and subtext, and also a part of projection. Like, I think she does not explicitly want you to as a sub. Kasyrra being a dom is more subtext than text. But that is the beauty of text. If you leave the right holes, the reader fills them with something meaningful. You can counter-argue that in the text of coc2, corruption exists, and corruption is inarguably BAD. Kasyrra is not a good person, so why do I still love her? Honestly, IDK. Maybe it really works for me, because this whole dom-sub thing is not something I wanna have in real life. Kasyrra being a bad person, and a person you should probably not engage with, actively does it for me.

Abd the whole forbidden fruit thing. I am still basically a bratty teenager, so the more it is forbidden, the more I want it.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Kasyrra kinda represents this forbidden fantasy, and the text for me really walks a lovely line between "does she corrupt me with the dom-sub stuff, or is it something that was always within me?"
This is also a fun part of Evelyn's content for me. If you go down that path, she will dom you. It doesn't matter how you envision your Champion or how you play your Champion and it doesn't matter if you've TFed yourself two eighteen inch hurse dongs so you can fuck someone looser than Brint can and have never taken a dick, you're gonna be Evelyn's sub. And the best part is that you're given multiple opportunities to back out before anything kinky happens, so the fact that you get into this relationship is entirely on you.

So like Kas, did Evelyn 'corrupt' you? Or did she just make you realize a part of you that maybe you didn't know existed before you opened that door? :D

Reactions: Forget Me Knot

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
I can't remember where I read it, but one day, no one knows when, there might be content to break in Evelyn and i'm really looking forward to that :p

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
It's been a while that Keros released Kiyoko and Kinu from the orb, and while it seems that everything is fine now, i can't stop thinking that on the inside, Kinu is severely hurt and i must beg for her forgiveness, and give everything of myself to try and be a good parent to her now (and the other children too if i could interact with them), which is like, the BIGGEST reason my character became a kitsune in the first place.

Life for life. Something of equivalent exchange has to be given up; the price of restoring your family to the world of the material is the loss of your life with them.

Narratively, it allows you to see the final effects of your influence on your daughter's development.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
I understand that, it's a really nice way of putting it too btw, but trying to think as my character, it still hurts so much.

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
So like Kas, did Evelyn 'corrupt' you? Or did she just make you realize a part of you that maybe you didn't know existed before you opened that door? :D

I think I already wrote in this exact thread: Gorgeous Evelyn kinks me the &*%# out.

Just...

Anyways, where was I?

Ah yes, I really love Evelyn because all the dom/sub thing comes across a lot more concensual than good ol' Sera. You could also read CoC2 as a representation of healthy and unhealthy relationships. Evelyn likes you, cares for your well-being, and does not want to hurt you even in a Dom/Sub context. The dream sequence of Kasyrra can also imply that she is messing with your brain. Being in a place of power over you and actively exploiting it for her own sake, not for yours.

Anyways. CoC2 is fucking art. In every sense of the sentence.

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Confession - I'm keeping my main Champion as human for as long as possible just to see what happens when you become Lumia's Champion.

Lumia: "Champion, for your service and pledging yourself to me, I am granting you the honour of becoming one of my Valkyries, human looking warriors who...." <looks at my male, human warrior> ".....did you already pledge yourself to me?"
My Champion with a big shit-eating grin on his face: "Nope. Human born and bred."
Lumia: ".....Fuck it, I'm transferring you to Tira. She can deal with this shit."

I know that would never happen, but it makes me smile.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
LOL. Apparently her valkyries are 'chesty winged amazon elves' so a full human wouldn't quite fit either way, but that's a great mental image.

My female (well, herm) Warrior has been going for that look since before Savin talked about the TF so if a scene like you're imagining ever played out, I'd probably get it too. xD

The goddess looks you up and down, her gaze piercing through to your very soul.
Lumia: Fuck, you already have the build and the chest! Fine, fine, I, Lumia, Goddess of Light, give you these fancy wings and pointy ears. Keep up the good work.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Lmao, i feel like you guys have been had hahaha
My Champion wouldn't even care about the look, she'd do it because mortal avatar of Lumia's will to smite evil in Savarra? Oh fuck yes! :D

Given that the whole roleplaying 'hook' I used for this particular champ was 'hero-worshipping minor noble who refused an arranged marriage and got told to put up or shut up with her idealism' the idea of a post-ending return home as a literal valkyrie, married to royalty and having saved Savarra from a demon is pretty much everything the character wanted out of their life. Actually, the valkyrie part is optional but would be the cherry on top, so if the offer's on the table she'll take it.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Sometimes I think about making a noble character, but then I remember that the barbarian exists. Human barbarian character history is for taking shit up to eleven. From "aw, that's cool!" to "maximum bad":

"Maybe my songs will play well on the frontier!"
"Maybe I can bring the light of the Living Gods to the frontier!"
"Meh, got bored of being eighth in line to everything."
"Meh, got bored of taking orders."
"Meh, got bored of being alone in the forest."
"Meh, the academic job market sucks."
"I argued with my boss."
"I got caught in bed with the wrong person."
"I'm trying to get away from the depths of poverty and violent crime."

[...]

*thousand-yard stare* "Every single person I know and love was brutally massacred."

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
The eighth son?! Are you kidding me?!
Hey, its hard to find entertainment when you live in a post-collapse-remnants of an empire. There's a lot of cold evenings that you have to fill up the time... And a lot of warm evenings... And mornings... And afternoons... And after meals... And before meals...

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Mmmm, fighting pregnant Brienne for top rights is exclusive to high strength builds. It makes sense, but it's still a bummer.
Drink some rye beer to maximize strength to do the scene. If i'm not mistaken, you need a bit of cunning to win against kinu in shogi (i think it's this one), and i'd just drink honey mead to help with that ^^