[COMPLETED] Glassix - 1.0

TPain177

Oct 27, 2016
I could use some help. Has anyone gotten the new releases to work on a Mac. I've been trying everything I can think of and the farthest I've gotten is the opening screen, followed by the Skip Day One. After clicking either choice I get a black screen.

Is there a file naming issue or something I can fix.

This game looks great and I really want to try it. Any help is appreciated.

TheShocker

Oct 17, 2016
For the narrative, indeed, being a dev, it's not really my cup of tea. However, a few players offered some help on this side and I'll update the texts in future versions.

For music, I'm not sure. If you have some suggestions on what kind of music would fit the game, I could check but again, not my cup of tea on this part

Good to hear some players are jumping in to help. I've done some writing in the past but never sex content, it sounds like you've got it covered. As for music... that's difficult now that you ask. I'm thinking something like the beat to "How deep is your love" by Calvin Harris (the mid to late song beat not the beginning). Something upbeat but not overly so. Hope that helps.

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
I could use some help. Has anyone gotten the new releases to work on a Mac. I've been trying everything I can think of and the farthest I've gotten is the opening screen, followed by the Skip Day One. After clicking either choice I get a black screen.

Is there a file naming issue or something I can fix.

This game looks great and I really want to try it. Any help is appreciated.

There is no mac release for The latest versions due to problems with file name and I didn't have time to check about this further. Only for windows at the moment.

TPain177

Oct 27, 2016
So the issue is with the file names. Is it just a matter of changing the letters from UPPER to lower? If so, I will try to fix it and let you know how that works.

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
Well, actually, another reason I'm not checking Linux and Mac problems right now is because of the size of the game which increase by around 100Mo each version. I have limited space online as well as a crappy connection which makes it a hassle to handle 3 different version for the same game at the moment. I'd need to export the game to Mac format then upload it to make it public. I could create a zip and share the images data between each version however I did try this solution a few version ago and let me tell you : players DO NOT READ explanations even when you write them explicitly. So that'll have to wait until the game is finished.

TPain177

Oct 27, 2016
Oh I dont think you need to worry about it, there's plenty of people that can take the time to figure it out on their own. I think my problem is I'm running an older Mac OSX and the NWjs version is not up to date, and not allowing me to run the game.

I thank you for your help and for making this game exist, you put a lot of time and effort into it!

TPain177

Oct 27, 2016
Still cannot get it to load anything past the start screen. Picking either to skip day 1 Yes or No goes to black screen. No idea what the code is looking for after that.

I'm still trying, hopefully if I can figure it out you won't have to worry about it once you're done.

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
Just thought I'd mention, the download link for Vampire Revenge Rebirth is broken

There aren't any link for VRR since it's not out yet. VRR is the sequel of VR which is only available for patrons so the link is private. Where did you find the dead link ?

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
Yup.. The link to the demo Gaweb posted on Hongfire is broken. If you navigate to his patron page, there is no demo posted as far as I can see. So I'm assuming the demo was pulled because he's working on it?

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
Well actually, I changed plans due to the success of the patreon campaign. At the beginning, I was just planning to gather funds to hire an artist to upgrade the graphics of my first game, Vampire Revenge. This upgrade was supposed to be named, Vampire Revenge Rebirth and include a few more features. However seeing the backing on Patreon, I decided to make a sequel to the game instead of just upgrading it. So the update is now known as Vampire Revenge and I'm currently working on VRR from scratch with a new, and better artist. The game will have some similarities with VR regarding playing a vampire, capturing and training girls but the interface will change with a complete castle builder system and a deeper maze exploration system with skills and equipment.

However it's going slowly due to being more complex and also because I'm spending half of my working time on Glassix.

And thanks for the link, I forgot about it. I've updated the topic and removed the link to avoid confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pmf026

Naas

Feb 1, 2016
Is it just me or is the Hospital Office unavailable in the latest build?

poiuygtyu

Mar 26, 2016
I noticed a small bug. If you have someone following you and you do a quick trip to school, after class the person following you doesn't show up but the line about them having to go play. Maybe they should be dismissed before the trip?1.PNG

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
Hi all,

Download : MEGA DROPBOX

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to expand the town even more but due to the time it takes to add just 1 zone, I decided to leave it for another time.

An important change for this version is the travel interface which has changed to simple text. You can toggle the travel menu by clicking the new "Travel" icon located in the top right menu (the first one).

What's new ?

• Travel UI changed
  • Sex commands now change depending on the furniture available in the current room (currently only bed and chair)
  • 2 new sex commands : Sitting front (require chair) and Laying side (require bed)
  • Night sex option is now functional
  • 1 new girl fully playable (except night sex option) : Okimi, the junior teacher
  • Town expanded :
    • Eastside : Conbini & Bathhouse
    • Westside : Library
    • School : Gym, Cafeteria, Computer room & Teachers office
    • Northside : Museum, Entertainment park, Airport
    • Subway : New stations
    • Countryside (Accessible from Northside only) : Village & Onsen
  • French translation done up to v0.8 + all events for Okimi

About the new girl :
  • Okimi has been created by a CarpeNoctem from the Fenoxo forums who offered to help since I was quite busy with game features. He also happens to be the french translator and works quite fast on both sides.
    All events and dialogues for this girl are his own (I'm planning to add a proper credit menu in future versions). I reviewed the texts but some errors might have slipped through so let me know if you see any.
    A big thanks to him for his help !

About the town expansion :
  • You might wonder what's the point to expand the town. For v0.9, it's basically pointless... You can't do anything new in those new zones. Why did I expand so fast then ? Simply because expanding is a long process and doing it in one go makes it easier for me. It'll be much faster for me to add new houses and appartments for new girls later on. Moreover, it also gives players hints to what kind of girl and play they'll be bale to expect in the future as well as gives some ideas as what kind of part time job you'll be able to do with the hero and finally, what kind of dating venue you'll have access to.
    Again, it takes a lot of time to expand the town, more than I thought it would and I didn't even have time to finish Southside... However I prefered to do it later otherside it would have delayed v0.9 by a couple more days... Since it's not used yet, I decided to release v0.9 without it. Northside will give you plenty of ideas anyway and I also added a Countryside to add more diversity to the game.

What I couldn't do :
  • The 3P commands with Rin & Ayumi and some new 3P commands with doll moded girls. Unfortunately, I've been caught in the town expansion and had to delay those new scenes for next time. I know a lot of you are waiting for it, it'll come a bit later. Sorry about that.

What's next ?
I have a lot of plans for Glassix as you can see with the town expansion :
  • Affection tweaks to make it slower to gain normally, but faster with gift and dates
  • Dating feature : Girl will have different interest (Culture, fun, relaxation, study) and bringing them to the good spot will improve her affection, for example bring her to the onsen if she wants to relax, or to the entertainment park if she wants fun.
  • Artificial intelligence for girls to make them act semi-randomly and depending on a few stats (like hunger and bladder) and interests.
  • Money system with several ways to earn it (part-time jobs, pimp the girls...) and spend it (gift for girl, buy tickets to access special venues like entertainment park or museum)
  • Gifts : Each girl will have different tastes in gifts (such as candy, dolls, cloth, underwear, toys...)
  • More town expansion : Southside, Police station, Aquatic park, Beach, Office, Church, Concert venue and more...
  • Karma feature : Your action will be increase or decrease your karma, changing the accessible endings of the game
  • Suspicion feature : Your action might increase suspicion which might trigger game over if you go overboard without Lily's approval
  • Swimsuit outfit for all girls : With the beach coming soon, the swimsuit outfit will be fully playable like the casual, working and bath outfits. This process has already been started in v0.9.
  • New girls : You can guess them from the new locations. Thanks to CarpeNoctem's help, you should be able to expect new girls much faster ! The PE teacher is already in progress with PE cloth and school swimsuits for students.
  • More furnitures : Couch, Desk, Table etc... and more unique one such as stockades or wooden horse in hidden locations...
  • More sex commands and events in general, obviously ! For this part, I'm aiming to have each furniture have at least 1 handjob/boobjob/blowjob and 2 penetration poses (front and back). Some furnitures will have unique positions (Such a 69 for beds)

Whoa, that's a lot ! It'll take a really long time at this pace but we'll reach that anyway :)

What's for v0.10 ?
  • I'll focus to finish the town expansion and with CarpeNoctem's help, I should be able to add the new PE school events as well as review the school planning in general to split it in half.
    A few more commands based on furniture should be added (table and desk) as well as more options for the other already present furnitures.
    I'm also planning to start a few tests with the AI for girls to have them act depending on their personal interests and move around town room by room instead of teleporting. This should improve a lot the simulation feeling in Glassix and add some randomness.

That's all for the moment !

Thanks for your time !

Reactions: Kunisada Hatakeyama

Bakkis

Aug 17, 2016
Thanks for the update. The new interface takes a little time yo get used to but I like it. There are some problem with chrashes though. The screen suddenly goes black and I have to go to task manager to end the program. This has happend a few times now and in different places when I click on a command or icon.

pmf026

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow, Russia
www.youtube.com
new travel UI is horrible, very difficult to navigate. please, bring back the old one.
bug found. Mitsuko level 3 event not triggering, they discussing change of location and then you're in the forest...alone

update: Not only level 3 events, but also level 2 events won't trigger :-(
and the game starts running very slow the more you playing

Last edited:

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
Thank you all for your feedback.

Voted by the vast majority, the previous travel UI will be brought back in v0.10 :p First time I got so many replies at once ahah :)

Anyway here is a small patch to correct critical bugs with event follow-up as well as Okimi bugged obedience level 3.

Download this patch only if you have already downloaded yesterday's v0.9. Just overwrite the files in the game folder :

PATCH ONLY : MEGA DROPBOX

If you haven't download the 1.05Gb file, then you'll need to download the full version there :

FULL GAME : MEGA DROPBOX

The other bugs mentioned will be corrected for v0.10.

Thanks for your support !

CarpeNoctem

Jul 5, 2016
Thank you all for your feedback.

Voted by the vast majority, the previous travel UI will be brought back in v0.10 :p First time I got so many replies at once ahah :)

Oups... I have spent the last two hours working on a suggestion about the travel UI. You can forget it.
I sent you some modifications to correct some "text display" bugs... but I see I am already too late for the patch. Aaaargh.

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
Hi again,

Another patch and hopefulyl the last for this version 0.9.

It corrects the random text problems which happened when triggering daily girl events.

It also include a full french translation for v0.9 thanks to CarpeNoctem quick work.

Again, you can just download the patch file if you already have v0.9 (with previous patch or without) and simply overwrite the content.

PATCH 2 ONLY : MEGA DROPBOX

Or the full v0.9 if not :

FULL VERSION : MEGA DROPBOX

The rest will be corrected in v0.10 if no other game breaking bug is found.

Thanks for your feedback and support !

pmf026

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow, Russia
www.youtube.com
in both v0.9 and 0.9 patched
Southside bug (unfinished section?): From school go to train station -> downtown -> exit -> change lane -> go southside -> exit -> Blank screen / Crash.

continuity bug: Rin still hints about Naomi coming back from work at 6pm, when Naomi is level 3.

Sneak-in bug?: When you sneak into someone's room (at night), had sex, leave the room, if you go back to that room the person is awake and fully clothed as if nothing happened. (in v0.8 they're in bed, sleeping)

Last edited:

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
I used 0.9 with the first patch and got all ladies to obedience level 3. I would get them up to one number (ie. 9, 24, 49) before the trigger, get them to follow me and talk to them and/or do a small action to get them to drop the hint. Once I got the hint, I would un-follow and then proceed. I never had a bug and I wonder if it's because I always got the hints first. Did not encounter any bugs at all. Just a few text glitches but no bugs.
I did notice after every sneak-in event, the girl acted as I woke her up. Is that intentional?

James Thom

Nov 9, 2016
In 0.9 there is no way to board a subway to either Eastside or Westside. You can still walk to both though. I can get either Saiko or Okimi to level 3 but, not both.