Z14 and Talon Rogue size

Tacit

Creator
Jul 5, 2016
Hello, I do drafting for work and while I was doing some warm up drawings I decided to draw the Z14 and Talon Rogue to (what I think could be) scale.

There weren't many references available, but using what I had (and my judgement) the Z14 came in at around 98 feet (30 meters) long and Talon Rogue at around 185 feet (56 meters) long. This isn't anything official, just a fan work. I also added (to scale) the Millennium Falcon and a six-foot tall stick figure for comparison. Tell me what you think.

compare.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
98 feet sounds a bit large for what i've always heard of as a total rustbucket of a spaceship that is frequently compared to a space camper van that I think was in spaceballs.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
There still to be enough space to have all needed things to fly so maybe this 98 feet shouldn't be lowered too much like more than half. 60-65 feet maybe would be more to make it look like this space camper. Or well since it's jsut 3 people ship and supposed to be really small making PC want change it asap it may be actualy some like 40-50 feet long only...

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
I need a ship like the Eclipse Planet Killers from Babylon 5. They are 4000-6000m long and they are sentient. ^.^

Can't wait to be able to get new ships and have some customization to it as well.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Shido For such long and sentient ships we may need to wait till moemnt game will be entering "true endgame".

For incoming hopefully soon space combat+new ships I think we would only get max ships few times larger than Z14 like somewhere around maybe max 1500-2000 feet.

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
@Ormael Probably but ship's that are sentient can be easily possible for even ships of the smallest sizes. I just want a really big ship that is sentient enough to control itself and even have a trust/distrust system to determine on how much the ship is willing to do for it's captain. :D

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
@Ormael Probably but ship's that are sentient can be easily possible for even ships of the smallest sizes. I just want a really big ship that is sentient enough to control itself and even have a trust/distrust system to determine on how much the ship is willing to do for it's captain. :D

Maybe Hand So will become the ship´s sentience?

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
@shadefalcon

That is one way to do it and I figured a long time ago that she would either be used with some robotic/synth form or as a ship.

The ship type sentience I want is a true life form. Not sure if I can explain it all that well. The best reference I can think of is Gomtuu from Star Trek. It's born as a ship and bonds with the crew and residents of inside of it. It functions like a ship but is fully sentient. It has emotions, grows old, and even  becomes lonely when it is left alone.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Shido Or similar to Gomtuu maybe Leviathians ships form Farscape would be similar. Thou I thin of all leviatans PC will not want to see ones like Moya but one like Talyn ;)

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
@Shido Or similar to Gomtuu maybe Leviathians ships form Farscape would be similar. Thou I thin of all leviatans PC will not want to see ones like Moya but one like Talyn ;)

Sadly never seen Farscape. From what I just read on it they are similar. The only difference is Leviathans are Bio-Ships. They were created and not born. Though either or both would work for me. I would prefer to raise a ship from birth. ^.^

Tacit

Creator
Jul 5, 2016
98 feet sounds a bit large for what i've always heard of as a total rustbucket of a spaceship that is frequently compared to a space camper van that I think was in spaceballs.

Well, you also got to consider all the things that need to be on board for it to be a self-sustained spacecraft (especially for an adventurer):

• fuel
  • a power plant
  • engines
  • propellant
  • life support equipment + spare atmosphere
  • food and water
  • spare parts
  • sensors (passive and/or active)
  • communications and navigation equipment
  • landing gear
  • weapons (and magazines if weapons use physical munitions)
  • radiators/heat sinks/thermal control
  • maneuvering thrusters
  • Light Drive device
  • shield generator(s)
  • batteries/emergency power
  • armor, if applicable
  • space for wires, pipes, plumbing, ducts, etc.
  • computer core
  • artificial gravity generator(s)
  • waste management/recycling
  • radiation shielding
  • and the hull and physical structure itself

And you're probably going to want a backup for the important stuff. As for the crew spaces:

• cockpit
  • crew cabins (sounds like each follower gets their own cabin,regardless of ship size)
  • common area
  • galley
  • head/shower
  • airlock
  • cargo hold/storage
  • and passageways to connect those areas together

After shoving all that (and anything else I might have forgot) inside, it's probably going to be cramped.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Sadly never seen Farscape. From what I just read on it they are similar. The only difference is Leviathans are Bio-Ships. They were created and not born. Though either or both would work for me. I would prefer to raise a ship from birth. ^.^

Well their were bio-enginered ships that are both partial inorganic and organic. But in curent time that Farscape taking time most of new leviatans... are born not made anymore by that ancient race. Even Moya been female leviatan that given birth at the end of 1st season to Talyn which was modfied by one of race in that series universe bio warship. Since normaly leviatans was just huge transport ships without any weapon inbuild into their bodies. Ofc Talyn was leviatan crossed with warship and come with already few weapon system build into it body (and he was much like male leviatan).

Moya and Talyn :D A little sad Talyn in the end died during seried but at least it was badass death by starting starbust INSIDE other ship :parrot: I really wished to see if he had chance to fully grown that said to be even larger than typical leviatan due to been hybrid.

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
Well their were bio-enginered ships that are both partial inorganic and organic. But in curent time that Farscape taking time most of new leviatans... are born not made anymore by that ancient race. Even Moya been female leviatan that given birth at the end of 1st season to Talyn which was modfied by one of race in that series universe bio warship. Since normaly leviatans was just huge transport ships without any weapon inbuild into their bodies. Ofc Talyn was leviatan crossed with warship and come with already few weapon system build into it body (and he was much like male leviatan).

Moya and Talyn :D A little sad Talyn in the end died during seried but at least it was badass death by starting starbust INSIDE other ship :parrot: I really wished to see if he had chance to fully grown that said to be even larger than typical leviatan due to been hybrid.

That sounds awesome. The way I thought of ships like Gomtuu were born and formed is by visual aspect. They see other ships and as they grow older and change they take on forms and weapons of ships they see. A fanfic I tried writing had a ship able to actively go invisible  at any given time and would destroy others ships by attaching itself to the vessels and slowly over charge the engines to destroy said vessel. The residual energy from the explosion is absorbed and the ship can willingly take on aspects of the destroyed ship to upgrade itself.  The ship ended up killing itself in the end because the Captain of the ship was abusing it and only using it to further his own gains. After making the ship absorb a supernova that ship went on to use all that energy to destroy an entire galaxy. 13 planets full of civilians were killed and the ship became so angry and depressed that it flew right into a sun killing itself and the crew.

Even just talking about it makes me want to go back and maybe working on a fanfic like that again.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Shido Well not maybe Moya like but Talyn like ship hpefully may appear some later on. It wuld be too good to be accesable at current state of just 30% of main plot planets added to the game. That stage could probably account just for reaching end of early game when we looking at planned length of the game.

jarllee97

Jun 13, 2016
Just wanted to note that the halls, rooms and anywhere Steele goes would have to account for races of various sizes, while a ship in earths fleet has a 9 foot ceiling so people can walk about comfortably, a leithan ship would need a considerably higher ceillng to account for their sizes. Since our Steele can reach up to 13 feet (so far) she would need an estimated 16 foot ceiling to fit comfortably with out stooping, that would mean each floor has 16 feet of living space, then additional space for electrical wires, ventilation, water pipes, and insulation, so lets say four feet of that above and below each floor. Then an estimated 2-3 feet of armour and radiation plating on the out side of the ship. And lets say 1 foot of additional systems.

That means if the Z-14 is only one floor it'll still have to be 31 feet (give or take) to account for the various races, or morphs of Steele that would be on board at some point. So in the end, junker or not, it's a big goddamned ship

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I say we space magic handwave it and just assume that all ships are yuuuge.

So needs the room for activities.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@jarllee97 Ohh wasn't PC max height cap just 11 feet not 13? I had ipression it wasn't so huge cap and it probably may been Leithan PC as not many TF can make pc grow taller.

jarllee97

Jun 13, 2016
@jarllee97 Ohh wasn't PC max height cap just 11 feet not 13? I had ipression it wasn't so huge cap and it probably may been Leithan PC as not many TF can make pc grow taller.

You can get 13 through a bit of a loophole, so 11 feet is max with tf items but if you're already 11 feet then use the armour costume on the party planet you can reach 13

I realized I didn't get to tell you how nice these drafts are. 

Correct size estimates or not, they're pretty good drafts :)  

Same here, I love the art

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@jarllee97 Aye this lil "cheat" is ther eindeed. But typicaly writers are writing with keeping in mind that PC will not try get this 13 feet but stick just to merely 11.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
@jarllee97 Aye this lil "cheat" is ther eindeed. But typicaly writers are writing with keeping in mind that PC will not try get this 13 feet but stick just to merely 11.

And like 1% of the players actually are 11 feet tall, so like how taurs are ignored by writers sometimes I would assume most writers won't be catering to the 10 feet+ crowd all that much.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well yeah there aren't many people going for this cap limit. So some writers can write for ex. over 11 feet npc that will always treat PC as shorter (well I think that may be jsut Irelia with such thing so far added). But all extremies are not well covered by writers. Taurs, nagas, super tall, super mega cocked/titted, max multicocks are all quite under the norm for scenes variations for them.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Well yeah there aren't many people going for this cap limit. So some writers can write for ex. over 11 feet npc that will always treat PC as shorter (well I think that may be jsut Irelia with such thing so far added). But all extremies are not well covered by writers. Taurs, nagas, super tall, super mega cocked/titted, max multicocks are all quite under the norm for scenes variations for them.

Irellia has size variables?

*Cracks fingers

Time to do some "experiments".

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@shadefalcon She was written with talking to PC like he or she was always smaller than herself. Why do you think she so accidentaly is over 11 feet? (I think in past it was said she was so huge to make this talk about how PC is so smal be always true. But ofc with this little way to get 13 it's...not anymore so accurate) So I not sure if she will have slight different talk when PC is near 11 or near 4 feet tall -_-'

Tacit

Creator
Jul 5, 2016
Sweeeeeet.  :thumbsup:
I realized I didn't get to tell you how nice these drafts are. 

Correct size estimates or not, they're pretty good drafts :)  
Same here, I love the art

Thank you, that means a lot to me.

I got some free time so I decided to also do Kiro's ship Blade and the Black Void frigate Black Rose. Blade came in at around 2218 feet (676 meters) long and Black Rose at around 630 feet (192 meters). Again, these are my own estimates and may not be canon.

And since I had extra space, I added a scale silhouette of a Nimitz-class carrier.

compare2.png

jarllee97

Jun 13, 2016
Thank you, that means a lot to me.

I got some free time so I decided to also do Kiro's ship Blade and the Black Void frigate Black Rose. Blade came in at around 2218 feet (676 meters) long and Black Rose at around 630 feet (192 meters). Again, these are my own estimates and may not be canon.

And since I had extra space, I added a scale silhouette of a Nimitz-class carrier.

View attachment 5301

If pirates had ships that were this sexy I would let them take my shit with out a fight.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016

View attachment 5301

That's pretty daunting, and cool.