CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8w-z for CoC 1.0.2)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Nagh that not rambling. Ways to faster recover fatigue outside combat (as many of existing perks mostly work on in combat fatigue recovery) could be added. Probably will be in way of some new perk(s) or other things like building smth or having some npc in camp. mutliattacks are under normal attack paradigm so Iron Man...ummm it may not so perfectly fit to work with them too (or maybe jsut work but at reduced effect compared to normal physical specials so no 50% but 25% cost reduction). Thou archery got their cost reduction the more PC shoot arrows. So maybe similar perk here...

Reactions: Agrok

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Just to be clear, and again I'm still relatively new to this particular mod, but the actually fighting side of things seems relatively generous to the player as far as fatigue build-up due to attacks. Considering how much more powerful multi-attacks are, any added ways to reduce fatigue faster should be kept away from happening during a fight. It would take quite a few fights with continual consecutive uses of fatigue-inducing attacks and abilities to ware my fighter down to dangerous levels. Even using quad-attack, if I was pretty fresh fatigue-wise, big enemies and boss fights still ended often well before I was completely tired out and enemies with lesser level, stats, and HP went down without having to break much of a sweat. The fighting maybe doesn't need much more than it already has, at least from my perspective, but the intermission time in between fights could indeed use some love (obligatory "PUNS, MOTHER F*****!" moment spoken in a Mr. Torgue voice).

Edit: I also just discovered that you can flip through your multi-attack options, including turning them off, DURING a battle. Yep, that helps.

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
You not hypnotize her seven. Just getting soul sens enad then meeting 4 times so she will never show on her own unless you wish it to happen (and use soul sense submenu).

@Sacredferro Well I can work to make costs for use of mutli attacks higher in combat - as for regen I now thinking about make those perks that adds max fatigue in some way increase in equal % regen of fatigue outside of combat. So the base amount will be possible to rise quite much. But not want fall into other extreme when each fight will fill almost fully bar from simply using 2-3 multi attacks and then resting for 4 hours dropping fatigue up to 0 again. Also I suspect some may want it how it's now. Well then maybe some sort of toggle to pick if fatigue menagment will be like now or the way you suggesting.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Oh ok will def fix this really stupid and easy fixable yet overlooked error. Any of their scenes not reset lust or all? Well nvm I will check all to be sure.

TheGreatPotato49

Jul 3, 2016
If the temple of the divines is still being developed I have a suggestion for there to be some conversations between Shouldra and Saphire for these reasons 1.they both have sacrificed their mortal forms but not for power but out of pure necessity Shouldra to save her mind and to get revenge Saphire to protect what she loved. 2. mentioned this in one but they are both immortal beings so they would have just enough similarities to understand each other 3. finally they have enough differences to make just enough conflict to make it interesting. but that is just my opinion and the basic reasons behind my suggestions please consider and give me feedback. do you agree? will my idea crash and burn? or am I too late to suggest this?

Reactions: Liadri

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Liadri is working on Temple so would let her know about your idea. I think she may not see trouble do this as long using Shouldra isn't under protection like Savin content (I'm 50% sure our ghost lady npc isn't under such protection).

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
If the temple of the divines is still being developed I have a suggestion for there to be some conversations between Shouldra and Saphire for these reasons 1.they both have sacrificed their mortal forms but not for power but out of pure necessity Shouldra to save her mind and to get revenge Saphire to protect what she loved. 2. mentioned this in one but they are both immortal beings so they would have just enough similarities to understand each other 3. finally they have enough differences to make just enough conflict to make it interesting. but that is just my opinion and the basic reasons behind my suggestions please consider and give me feedback. do you agree? will my idea crash and burn? or am I too late to suggest this?

I'm actualy interested althrough I would need to toroughly study shouldra behavior first before writting anyting about her.

Furthermore I would need permission from Shouldra creator wich thankfully isn't Savin. Still like forest kitsune it might be a dead end.

Reactions: Ormael

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Once you gain soul apprentice you'll gain a menu for soulforce options while in camp. Cultivation is one of these options, allowing you to trade time for soulforce.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Likely through more stage were planned id think

Alexander09

Jan 30, 2017
Another quick question, is there a way to make the perk Kitsune Thyroid Gland permanent? Since everytime I load a save file it will be lost and I need to spend a perk point to get it back and I also noticed in the perk page there are 6 versions of it appearing in the page so it's likely bugged. I'm using NG+ save where I already have the corrupted and pure Nine-Tails Kitsune so maybe it's related to that.

Edit: Never mind it's already permanent but the perk will still appear in choosing new perks

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
A year ago (well more or less full year I started work on Xianxia back then still named Wuxia mod). So that is a good ocassion to release new build ^^

Xianxia 0.8b

There will be new stages of soul cultivation in future builds (still need flesh out those that are currently added beofre I start push all higher ones) But not worry in code there is next 3-5 stages that will be enabled after testing ad adding stuff their will give (one fo them giving ability to fly but without need of wings so would need work some on making it possible and not glitching game).

seventhsword

May 1, 2016
do we still have the problem of too many permable perks to have them all without getting stuck on the perk perming page

Nyseron

Sep 28, 2016
This game needs some rebalancing. Big time.
Even with the difficulty on XIANXIA I could make a mage that beats Lethice with two or three attacks.
It's also pretty much impossible for me to lose by lust since my max LP is crazy high as an Eromancer.
I even intentionally upped my minimum lust to 50 so I could use black magic whenever I wanted to and that was
such a measly number it didn't harm me at all.

The amount of EXP you get from the golems is pretty insane even for the toughest challenges.
Also I'd recommend the arena cost money. The tougher the golem the more gems you have to pay.

There's a lot of typos too but I'll be making a separate post for that.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Can we use a previous save for the new version?

Works for me. Also, just for future reference, saves between differing versions of Xianxia should be compatible unless expressly stated otherwise. Generally speaking, saves loaded in the same mod it was created with are fine regardless of the version number. You won't likely run into problems until you try to load a save from one build into another build like loading a save from a modded form of CoC such as Revamp into the regular game, though Revamp saves can be loaded into Xianxia safely since Xianxia is based on Revamp anyways.

Anyways, a save from an earlier version of Xianxia will work with any future versions, unless something drastically changes in that new version and Ormael states so.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Alexander09 Mostly as Sacred said. Plus when there is some change I adding similary like Kitteh in Revamp autoupdating for save so as long you use newest mod version your saves will be always fine. ABout autoupdating it mean that sometimes moving one version up will req. update of save so then if someone will try load updated save with lder build for mod some odd things may happen.

@Nyseron Yeah I'm aware of some type riddled places (mostly stuff I added around first public versions) and fact that lust attack allow so easy beat everyone (well not golems but those as you stated giving other issues like been too stable and repeatable source of XP). WOuld keep on adressing over time issues or shortcomming of mod psoted in thread.

@seventhsword Some of odd cases of doubling or mroe versions of perk gaines are fixed with few still lingering. But I slowly working on to fix them all.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
This game needs some rebalancing. Big time.
Even with the difficulty on XIANXIA I could make a mage that beats Lethice with two or three attacks.
It's also pretty much impossible for me to lose by lust since my max LP is crazy high as an Eromancer.
I even intentionally upped my minimum lust to 50 so I could use black magic whenever I wanted to and that was
such a measly number it didn't harm me at all.

The amount of EXP you get from the golems is pretty insane even for the toughest challenges.
Also I'd recommend the arena cost money. The tougher the golem the more gems you have to pay.

There's a lot of typos too but I'll be making a separate post for that.

Main quest is intended to be easy so I'm not surprised you owned Lethice despite the fact we planned to increase her level eventualy.

However keep in mind that, unlike the main quest, side quest such as Temple of the Divine and magic studies will feature almost Souls-like level of difficulty bosses even on normal. Therefore wait and see for Alvina and nightmare bosses as it's very likely you will change your mind about the difficulty.

Serathinian

Sep 19, 2015
I mentioned this before but I don't think Ormael saw my message.
To fix the femboy issue all you need to do is change "Return Female" to "Return Male".
The game won't call me a femboy in the description but it won't fuck up my gender either.
It'll just treat femboys as normal male characters.

(Uma will still call you a femboy though)

Nyseron

Sep 28, 2016
Will there be an app version in the future.
If you have an Android phone then you don't need one.
Just download "SWF Player" (Preferably the Pro version) from the Google Play Store and download the current version of Xianxia. It works perfectly.

I don't know if there's an iPhone equivalent.

Maximus

Sep 27, 2015
If you have an Android phone then you don't need one.
Just download "SWF Player" (Preferably the Pro version) from the Google Play Store and download the current version of Xianxia. It works perfectly.
I don't know if there's an iPhone equivalent.
Yes I know. But I would like an app version so it would be easier to replace then it is to keep on downloading a new swf file every single time.

Magma-Fenrir

Feb 5, 2017
Hello,sorry if this is a long post but, I've been interested in this mod for some time (after having a blast with the revamp version) but haven't actually started to play it, mostly because i feel that going in blind would diminish my experience (Like it did my first time playing vanilla CoC).
Which is why i decided to make an account and ask a few questions before starting my run, and i know i could just look at older post for this information but i'm pretty bad at retaining the info spread throughout the forum, so i rather have most of the answers in one place i can always go back to.
Anyway, I'll ask:

• 1.What basic things should i know beforehand, like the soul forge, items or combat changes, so that i don't go dying every 2 min. from wrong fighting decisions?
  • 2.What new characters are in the Xianxia mod, how to encounter them and their interactions,and are there any changes to the ones from vanilla or revamp for that matter?
  • 3.How exactly does the Fenrir morph work and would it stop me from getting things like the kitsune companion or other morph related benefits?
  • 4.And lastly some what amount of miscellaneous things, important or not are there?
I might be asking a lot, but it would really help me to know the answers to these questions.
Thank you for your time and attention. And thanks to Ormael and every one else who contributes to the mod, keep up the good work ;).