A list of unrelated questions

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Is cloning a thing in the TiTs universe? What about lab growing people?
Cloning has been performed in real life, and considering TiTS's mastery of genetics and cellular biology it's reasonable to assume they've managed to resolve all the technical issues with it. As for lab-grown people, that'd require some form of artificial womb; I'm not sure if those exist in TiTS, but it'd be more fun (and possibly healthier for the ones being grown) to get people to be surrogate parents instead. I've no idea how prevalent either of them are, though, or how useful they'd actually be.
You'd think organ cloning would be a thing, but maybe not? Paige's new eyes are 'synthetic', but use her DNA as a base. Liliana's arm is 'regenerated'. Might depend on specific definitions and the details of the procedures.

Gene modding means you can give anyone whatever physical capabilities you want, generally*. All you'd get is controlling childhood education, which might be useful if you're unethical enough. I don't think we've seen cloning, but I also don't think it can be ruled out. That said, there are certainly designer babies (Captain Steele is one!), and that doesn't seem very far off from full cloning. Maybe the technology exists, but people don't usually bother.

*Except extra arms. That's for special people (like Dane).

TheShepard256

You'd think organ cloning would be a thing, but maybe not? Paige's new eyes are 'synthetic', but use her DNA as a base. Liliana's arm is 'regenerated'. Might depend on specific definitions and the details of the procedures.
From when Paige talks about her options for replacement eyes, it's explicitly stated that synthetic eyes are biological and come from her DNA, so that would technically be considered cloning. Speaking of biological synthetics, we know synthetic foods exist in TiTS (Kaede orders a synth-steak on Uveto Station), and IRL we're already capable of producing limited amounts of meat in a lab without it having ever been attached to an animal. I'd say both Paige's new eyes and synthetic foods are likely cloned (or near enough), just without the rest of the creature attached.

As for Liliana's arm, that was one injection and it grew back immediately, so it's more regeneration than cloning.
That said, there are certainly designer babies (Captain Steele is one!), and that doesn't seem very far off from full cloning.
I disagree. Cloning is making an individual (or parts of an individual) based off the genetic code of a single already-existing individual; designer babies are individuals who, at their earliest stages of development, are genetically modified to have specific traits. While there is some overlap in the knowledge required to make each of them work, and they're not mutually exclusive, I think they're distinct enough to be considered separate concepts and mastery of one does not imply mastery of the other.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
So with Colenso's "rumors" including him thinking up some horny precursors I kind of want to know: did the writer of that lean on what our scientists have guessed about xenobiology in writing it?

It's more of a send up of the fact that almost all the galaxy's races are not just sexually compatible but sexually attractive to one another as well. Horny precursors is the only thing that could remotely explain that. Unfortunately Word of Fen is that it's false.

Also, is his name related to that of Father Colenso by any chance?

The boring answer is that it's the name of a road I used to live near that I happened to like! You've sent me down a fascinating wiki hole though.

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
It's more of a send up of the fact that almost all the galaxy's races are not just sexually compatible but sexually attractive to one another as well. Horny precursors is the only thing that could remotely explain that. Unfortunately Word of Fen is that it's false.
It's a theory I've also heard repeated on the hard-SF site Atomic Rockets for the existence of humanoids, more or less, and it certainly makes sense. Though I guess chance had a better day in the TiTS universe than ours when ensuring that life-forms from all worlds could get it on!

The boring answer is that it's the name of a road I used to live near that I happened to like! You've sent me down a fascinating wiki hole though.
Wow! It's mundane to be sure but interesting. The only other thing besides the Father himself I know to be named Colenso on this planet is a town in South Africa!

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Not only that, but many species resemble or have parts that resemble Earth animals. Ausar, Kaithrit, Laquines, Essyra, Milodan. Korgonne and Kui-Tan not only resemble a general category, but a specific species. The list goes on. Much weirder species exist, though. Janeria, for one, and the Tove probably count. Frostwyrm is definitely not Humanoid, but might not be that weird.

It's a theory I've also heard repeated on the hard-SF site Atomic Rockets for the existence of humanoids, more or less, and it certainly makes sense. Though I guess chance had a better day in the TiTS universe than ours when ensuring that life-forms from all worlds could get it on!
It pairs particularly well with the 'Ausar found and learned how to replicate the Gates, not invented them' rumor. Which was probably the intent.

If you want a crazy theory that makes some actual sense: Humans (and possibly Hominids) originated as Chimp-Pig hybrids that backcrossed and bred true. Humans are actually very similar to pigs, biochemically speaking. For example: diseases crossover fairly easily and it's the reason many products use pigs as a substitute for human testing. If true, it gives a whole new spin on the prohibition on eating pork.

Does anyone know how Fen picks his projects? I'm looking forward to recruitable Dane, but that's been sitting on the backburner for years. He seems to be on a Follower streak lately, though.

Last edited:

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
It pairs particularly well with the 'Ausar found and learned how to replicate the Gates, not invented them' rumor. Which was probably the intent.

They do seem to fit together like jigsaw pieces. The horny precursors would want to make sure their living sex toys can get to each other (and them) for the pan-galactic shagfest before they turn to dust. Though I guess that, given how Fenoxo's already shut down the idea of precursor bioengineering, the possibility of the ausar repeating the exploits of the post-Protean species in Mass Effect might already be on the kibosh too.

And that is a mildly disturbing hypothesis. But it doesn't seem to have received much investigation from anyone besides the media and its own proponent in the past eight years. Hopefully that changes.

A

Athena

I'm pretty sure the similarities between pigs and chimps are better explained by convergent evolution based on similarities in their diet and original forested habitat, on top of the fact that humans have been domesticating them for thousands of years, selecting for superficial traits that better suit our needs.

Not to mention the amount of differences in terms of genetics, sexual anatomy, and breeding behaviour that would make the chances and success of a chimp-pig hybrid so statistically insignificant that I think it's easy to see why no one would bother investigating the idea further. While it's fun to fantasize about traveling to exotic lands and mating with anything capable of giving consent, it's worth remembering real life is often far more disappointing.

Also also...maybe most credible scientist aren't willing to give serious consideration to outlandished theories littered with blatantly faked gifs? Just a thought...

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
Fair call. I'm not the best at sorting out bullshit when it shows up and tend to dither. On the bright side I did find this article from an actual scientist, PZ Myers, on the matter of that hypothesis and he completely blew what he calls MFAP (Monkey [well Chimpanzee] Fucked A Pig) out of the water. Which is exactly the kind of response from someone in the scientific community not motivated to play up the hypothesis's potential I was looking for!
https://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/07/02/the-mfap-hypothesis-for-the-origins-of-homo-sapiens
I'm glad to say we can put MFAP to bed every bit as surely as Inner Circle breeding and Humphard Incorporated.

Reactions: Athena

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
This word in Hana's explanation of how she got her eyepatch:

haleogentic.

What does this mean? Is it a misspelling of anything?

I looked up "haleogenetic" on Google but got nothing.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
This word in Hana's explanation of how she got her eyepatch:

What does this mean? Is it a misspelling of anything?

I looked up "haleogenetic" on Google but got nothing.
Maybe a typo of "paleogenetic"?

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
Maybe, I don't know, but that just raises another question since "paleogenetic" appears to have a more common meaning relating to paleogenetics.

MountChar

Apr 15, 2021
Can anyone explain to me what the "God of Gifts" (or something like that) event was all about? I enjoyed the scene but it basically came out of nowhere, and I don't know if it was supposed to do anything (or how I triggered the emails at all). I couldn't find it in the wiki so maybe I got the name wrong?

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
Can anyone explain to me what the "God of Gifts" (or something like that) event was all about? I enjoyed the scene but it basically came out of nowhere, and I don't know if it was supposed to do anything (or how I triggered the emails at all). I couldn't find it in the wiki so maybe I got the name wrong?
It's random and happens way too often.

MountChar

Apr 15, 2021
Ah, okay!

Another question: Do Twink-ease do nothing if you're pregnant? I've been trying to make my Steele more masculine without losing his vag but frequently it doesn't do anything except make him shorter.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Another question: Do Twink-ease do nothing if you're pregnant? I've been trying to make my Steele more masculine without losing his vag but frequently it doesn't do anything except make him shorter.
Pregnancy does affect some TFs but AFAIK, Twink-ease is not one. See the link below for the exact (as of 8 March 2021) details of how Twink-ease works.

Twink-ease - Trials in Tainted Space Wiki (smutosaur.us)

Do you already have the "Perma-cute" Perk? How many times have you used it? How many times have you save-scummed its use? You just might have the disfavor of the RNG gods.

Also, if you're trying to make your Steele more masculine, think about where you're starting from.

Reactions: MountChar

MountChar

Apr 15, 2021
Pregnancy does affect some TFs but AFAIK, Twink-ease is not one. See the link below for the exact (as of 8 March 2021) details of how Twink-ease works.

Twink-ease - Trials in Tainted Space Wiki (smutosaur.us)

Do you already have the "Perma-cute" Perk? How many times have you used it? How many times have you save-scummed its use? You just might have the disfavor of the RNG gods.

Also, if you're trying to make your Steele more masculine, think about where you're starting from.

Never mind, I got it to work, just had to use ManUp first. Thanks anyway!!!

Still don't have Perma-cute but I think I'm close to getting it!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Paradox01

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
It's random and happens way too often.
I just got it today while my main PC was landing on Myrellion, in fact.

So does running wingman with Kiro always lead to your character getting this kind of interaction?
You pass a good hour more hanging out with your new friend before letting the night wind down. Across from you, the plain friend looks a little worried, and she complains about her missing her friend, sorry she let her get picked up by a stranger. Apparently she had come along to help rein in her sluttier friend’s escapades and had failed. You console her by telling her that your friend is just as bad before asking for her number.

It isn’t until she’s long gone that you realize it’s a fake.
Is it just me getting bad rolls? Or is it location/relationship-based? First noticed it on Tavros, then it happened on Myrellion and now Uveto too. My PC I'm playing currently embarrassed Kiro in front of Kally when invited to Canadia with her and since then I've always been getting those two paragraphs when selecting the wingman option with Kiro's interactions. She's usually also got some stuffy balls when I do it so that could influence it as well, idk.

TheShepard256

So does running wingman with Kiro always lead to your character getting this kind of interaction?
Is it just me getting bad rolls? Or is it location/relationship-based? First noticed it on Tavros, then it happened on Myrellion and now Uveto too. My PC I'm playing currently embarrassed Kiro in front of Kally when invited to Canadia with her and since then I've always been getting those two paragraphs when selecting the wingman option with Kiro's interactions. She's usually also got some stuffy balls when I do it so that could influence it as well, idk.
It depends on Steele's personality. Mischievous Steeles get this variant; Hard Steeles start out with a slap-to-the-face-worthy pickup line and end up ditching her, while Nice Steeles wind up talking about music with her for nearly three hours and get a slow stat gain of 1 to Intelligence because of it.

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
Oh! Didn't know that. But it makes sense. I don't think I've gotten it as my nice PCs and my current main is a mischievous one, that clears it all up.

Mar 11, 2021
Since Reptilium requires a Lizan score of 6 or more to give you Oviposition(according to the Wiki), does anyone know if going under that score would make you lose the perk? Trying to decide whether or not to go through the trouble, since I like the perk idea, but don't want to be/stay full anthro

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Since Reptilium requires a Lizan score of 6 or more to give you Oviposition(according to the Wiki), does anyone know if going under that score would make you lose the perk? Trying to decide whether or not to go through the trouble, since I like the perk idea, but don't want to be/stay full anthro
The Wiki doesn't list any means of removal.
You could always use 'urta' (infinite item use) to test it, then load your actual save.

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
anyone know how long sylvie's pregnancy lasts?

I know it's not much but I got a PC pregnant by her a while back in the game and it's definitely more than 114 days at least. I'd say maybe 4 to 5 months without speed mods? At a minimum. I'd have to get pregnant again to see the full length.

TheShepard256

Looking through the public source code, there appears to be no way to remove the Oviposition perk; as such, you'll keep the perk if you go under the appropriate racial score required to obtain it in the first place (Amber Seed can grant it with avian score >= 4).

Reactions: Yami no Tenchi

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Reactions: Athena
Mar 11, 2021
Is there a way to increase prostate size? I want to have internal testis/no balls, but also have a decent cum amount. Not massive, but more than 100MLs without having to start as herm

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
Sorry if it's been asked before but does destroying Tarkus lock you out of Azra's sex scenes?