[0.6.15+] CoC2 Save Editor v64

wolfraider13

Jan 28, 2023
back and forth? how.
Save locally in the downloaded one (the one you want to edit), then load that file in the browser (the place you are going to do the editing). Make sure you close out of the opened downloaded game on your computer or the browser won't be able to locate the game files. after doing your edits save your game, close the browser version and open the downloaded version then load up the save you just did. Again lot of back and forthing when you can just do it all in the browser...I just prefer the downloaded copies cause again I'm old...

Feb 23, 2023
Save locally in the downloaded one (the one you want to edit), then load that file in the browser (the place you are going to do the editing). Make sure you close out of the opened downloaded game on your computer or the browser won't be able to locate the game files. after doing your edits save your game, close the browser version and open the downloaded version then load up the save you just did. Again lot of back and forthing when you can just do it all in the browser...I just prefer the downloaded copies cause again I'm old...
oh, guess u havent read the past messenges. the sav editor doesnt work.

meant that how to turn ah new sav into ah old sav so it kan b used 4 thee editor.

Pol

Feb 24, 2023
Fixed the editor not working for the new save format. Also fixed an issue causing edited saves to bloat in size.
My man, you are a lifesaver.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
The latest update is a bugfix patch that was also public. I have a few scripts that parses the save files and outputs various data. I noticed that the save file format changed with the latest update. The most visible change is the inclusion of a lot of backslashes (\). That has forced me to update my scripts. I haven't used the save editor myself, but I'm guessing that this is what makes things not work.
Are those scripts notepad++ plugins? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that since thats how i do most of my save editing since the thier own plugins don't work anymore.

MyOldName

Sep 3, 2015
Are those scripts notepad++ plugins? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that since thats how i do most of my save editing since the thier own plugins don't work anymore.
No, it's bash scripts.
This script your total number of offspring. Change <path> to the location of the save files.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
kids=0
for a in $(cat "$(\ls -t /<path>/*.coc2|head -1)"|sed 's/\\//g'|tr , \\n|grep NUM_KI.S|sort -t: -k2,2rg -k1,1)
  do echo "$a"
  kids=$((kids+$(echo "$a"|cut -d: -f2)))
done
echo "Total:$kids"
This script is a "countdown timer" for various pregnancies. Again change <preg> accordingly.
Code:
for a in $(cat "$(\ls -t /<path>/*.coc2|head -1)"|sed 's/\\//g'|tr , \\n |grep PREG_TIMER);do output=$(echo $a|cut -d: -f1);printf "%27s" "$output: ";timme=$(($(echo $a|cut -d: -f2)/1440/6));printf "%2d" $timme;echo -n ":";printf "%02d" $(($(echo $a|cut -d: -f2)/6%1440/60));echo -n ":";printf "%02d" $(($(echo $a|cut -d: -f2)/6%(60)));echo -n ' | ';diff=$(cat preg_times|grep $output|cut -d: -f2);printf "%2d" $diff;printf " (%d)\n" "$((diff-timme))";done|sort -b -t: -k2,2 -k3,3 -k4,4 -rg|sort -b -t'(' -k2 -g|egrep --color 'WINGLEADER|PC|WYVERN|$'

Booba

Mar 8, 2023
Is there a save editor for the Patreon version or is it a situation where they update too frequently for any use in trying to keep up?
I don't particularly trust myself to not make a ton of bugs attempting the other method listed.

wolfraider13

Jan 28, 2023
Waits patiently for the next update while also starting yet another new character...

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Also patiently waiting for an update. There's an item from a certain recent quest that storywise my character shouldn't have but i want to edit it into my inventory cause it's mechanic is pretty awesome.

Reactions: wolfraider13

MyOldName

Sep 3, 2015
Also patiently waiting for an update. There's an item from a certain recent quest that storywise my character shouldn't have but i want to edit it into my inventory cause it's mechanic is pretty awesome.
If you're running in a browser you can press <F12> and use the following:
Code:
pc.addItem(ITEMS.<name of item>)
Replace <name of item> with the item you want to get. You will get suggestions when you start typing.

Reactions: Violyn

Tanhy

Apr 12, 2023
If you're running in a browser you can press <F12> and use the following:
Code:
pc.addItem(ITEMS.<name of item>)
Replace <name of item> with the item you want to get. You will get suggestions when you start typing.
What would I need to do if I'm trying to add skills/powers using this method?

erectorz

Aug 8, 2021
idk if this has been requested before but would it be possible to add a tool tip explaining what the powers, equipment etc are? for example hovering over battle axe would tell you the stats of said weapon, or hovering over a flag would give a brief descriptions of what that flag does.

Probably a huge ask but I think it would be very helpful. Regardless thanks for the editor!

end5

Jul 5, 2017
Is there a save editor for the Patreon version or is it a situation where they update too frequently for any use in trying to keep up?
I don't particularly trust myself to not make a ton of bugs attempting the other method listed.
No. Not going to bother.
idk if this has been requested before but would it be possible to add a tool tip explaining what the powers, equipment etc are? for example hovering over battle axe would tell you the stats of said weapon, or hovering over a flag would give a brief descriptions of what that flag does.

Probably a huge ask but I think it would be very helpful. Regardless thanks for the editor!
Unfortunately, that is too big of an ask. I attempted to add some of that before, but creating accurate descriptions and stat calculations would require intimate knowledge of most of the game's design, logic and code.

Reactions: erectorz

erectorz

Aug 8, 2021
No. Not going to bother.

Unfortunately, that is too big of an ask. I attempted to add some of that before, but creating accurate descriptions and stat calculations would require intimate knowledge of most of the game's design, logic and code.
Yeah i figured it would be a lot of work, idk shit about coding but i was hoping there was a slight chance that you could have a program that pulls that information from the game itself, sort of how excel sheets can pull from other sheets if that makes sense? Probably like several thousand reasons why you either can't do that or that would be too much work. Again i know fuck all about coding. either way thanks so much for continuously updating the editor

erectorz

Aug 8, 2021
Is there some kind of manual for this thing?
Depends on what you are trying to do, the basic set up is from coc 2 go to data, save to file than go to the save editor and load that file.

If you want to increase stats go to Character/Effects/Perks/Starting bonuses and edit them as you see fit, I believe the order is Str/Tough/Agl/Cun/Will/Pres. If you edit your stats with The stats page you will have problems when you level up. \

Powers and items are pretty self explanatory just go to their tab and add what you want. But some items are part of companion sets or otherwise unobtainable so I wouldn't fuck around too much with what you don't know. If you want to edit flags good luck i dont shit about that.

DB_Cooper

Dec 23, 2020
Depends on what you are trying to do, the basic set up is from coc 2 go to data, save to file than go to the save editor and load that file.

If you want to increase stats go to Character/Effects/Perks/Starting bonuses and edit them as you see fit, I believe the order is Str/Tough/Agl/Cun/Will/Pres. If you edit your stats with The stats page you will have problems when you level up. \

Powers and items are pretty self explanatory just go to their tab and add what you want. But some items are part of companion sets or otherwise unobtainable so I wouldn't fuck around too much with what you don't know. If you want to edit flags good luck i dont shit about that.
I know how to edit money and inventory. I just recently dared to mess with XP since the Razorcup nerf. I've tried to play with Strength and whatnot, and it doesn't work for me. One time, nothing seemed to happen. The next time I looked to see which ones changed after a couple level changes. After that, if I changed them, I got the increase. The problem was if I leveled again, it broke the leveller. It would show I had -27 to spend, but wouldn't let me click enough to get rid of them.

I'm old, so I well remember how to use save editors. The only problem is this one has a ton of fields and all, but zero kind of sensible labeling so you can identify it. Even if you can figure out what it is, you still don't know how it works. Like, when I edited my stats and it broke the next time I levelled, is that just how the game is coded? Like, unavoidable until you're done levelling, then edit? Knowing that would be awesome, irrespective of whether I'm right or wrong, I just want to know how to have the most fun with the fun toy.

Sorry this is long. I hope I answered everything? Any help you offer is appreciated.

Reactions: Belly97

erectorz

Aug 8, 2021
I know how to edit money and inventory. I just recently dared to mess with XP since the Razorcup nerf. I've tried to play with Strength and whatnot, and it doesn't work for me. One time, nothing seemed to happen. The next time I looked to see which ones changed after a couple level changes. After that, if I changed them, I got the increase. The problem was if I leveled again, it broke the leveller. It would show I had -27 to spend, but wouldn't let me click enough to get rid of them.

I'm old, so I well remember how to use save editors. The only problem is this one has a ton of fields and all, but zero kind of sensible labeling so you can identify it. Even if you can figure out what it is, you still don't know how it works. Like, when I edited my stats and it broke the next time I levelled, is that just how the game is coded? Like, unavoidable until you're done levelling, then edit? Knowing that would be awesome, irrespective of whether I'm right or wrong, I just want to know how to have the most fun with the fun toy.

Sorry this is long. I hope I answered everything? Any help you offer is appreciated.
Like I mentioned in the previous post. if you edit stats with the stat mod under character you will run into that bug, i have no idea why but you do. So what you need to do is go to Character/Effects/Perks then scroll down to Starting bonuses and modifying those values. there will be values 1-6 and they correlate to Str/Tough/Agl/Cun/Will/Pres. I.e. if you put value 2 as 7 you will have 7 bonus toughness.

DB_Cooper

Dec 23, 2020
Like I mentioned in the previous post. if you edit stats with the stat mod under character you will run into that bug, i have no idea why but you do. So what you need to do is go to Character/Effects/Perks then scroll down to Starting bonuses and modifying those values. there will be values 1-6 and they correlate to Str/Tough/Agl/Cun/Will/Pres. I.e. if you put value 2 as 7 you will have 7 bonus toughness.
I saw your post about that, and it still bugged out as soon as I had to jump a level. This was easier before they stupidly nerfed the razorcup.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Is it possible to edit the tags on a weapon with the editor or with console commands? I remember seeing a thread about someone editing the tags on Ashelander to make her light so they could dual wield and they noted that doing so still didn't allow the use of dual wield powers. I don't really care about that limitation though since I've never used Eviscerate anyway so it'd be really cool if I could add the light tag.

Reactions: JohnDoe6

PsychosCreed

Aug 26, 2023
Anybody having trouble on the github save editor? When I go to thr save editor to load my save it says files are empty and when I go to my files on my phone its there. I tried moving it to my Google drive but it's grayed out. I've never had this problem before, I'm on Android btw.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Anybody having trouble on the github save editor? When I go to thr save editor to load my save it says files are empty and when I go to my files on my phone its there. I tried moving it to my Google drive but it's grayed out. I've never had this problem before, I'm on Android btw.
Works for me on Android. On the greyed out part, try a third-party file app. I use File Manager+ to get around that.

PsychosCreed

Aug 26, 2023
Works for me on Android. On the greyed out part, try a third-party file app. I use File Manager+ to get around that.
Like I've used the save editor for years but I woke up two days ago and my files say empty when trying to load a save. I'll give your idea a shot, hopefully it works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230827_213023_Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20230827_213023_Files.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1000021374.jpg
    1000021374.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 10

cmao222

Oct 1, 2023
Not sure if you are working on an update for the save editor to 0.6.21, but as of currently it is not working. Thank you regardless for the editor!

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
Not sure if you are working on an update for the save editor to 0.6.21, but as of currently it is not working. Thank you regardless for the editor!
Could you specify in what way its not working? I just booted it up myself on a fresh save and things seem to work fine.

cmao222

Oct 1, 2023
Could you specify in what way its not working? I just booted it up myself on a fresh save and things seem to work fine.
Not sure if it's a client issue or not, but I try to open up a save file I have downloaded and it does not load the game. It goes back to the main screen and freezes.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
Not sure if it's a client issue or not, but I try to open up a save file I have downloaded and it does not load the game. It goes back to the main screen and freezes.
Have you tried opening up other saves? If you've only attempted to open up one specific save each time and its not working its more likely that its the save file that broke and not the editor.

cmao222

Oct 1, 2023
Have you tried opening up other saves? If you've only attempted to open up one specific save each time and its not working its more likely that its the save file that broke and not the editor.
Yes, I've opened up two saves and both caused the same problem. To be fair, it is reasonable that both saves are broken. I'll make a new save, edit that one, and see if it's just a problem with those two saves. Will update with results.