Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
This latest version of the game has the "Female vs. Male Preference" option, disabled.

It was disabled in the previous version as well.

Is this intentional?

Looks like nergantre removed it a while back - he said that NPC's don't use it for anything useful. I don't think that's true; it's used in deciding what transformations/transformative items to buy, and how to use them. Still, nergantre probably had his reasons and I won't undo his changes (yet). If you want to change the value, you can do so in the save file, it's always somewhere at the bottom. The normal values range between 0 and 10, but you can go crazy and put in 999 if you want.

lklklklk

Jun 27, 2016
Thanks a lot man.

I've also noticed that, in the 2 latest versions, I lost the ability to see how much damage/lust each attack causes.

Is there anything I can do about that?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Thanks a lot man.

I've also noticed that, in the 2 latest versions, I lost the ability to see how much damage/lust each attack causes.

Is there anything I can do about that?

Yes there is, you'll want to enable the System Messages option. It used to be enabled by default, but no longer. It is still in the options menu. I checked.

lklklklk

Jun 27, 2016
Yes there is, you'll want to enable the System Messages option. It used to be enabled by default, but no longer. It is still in the options menu. I checked.

Thanks, I didn't know that it was called "System Messages".

I also wanted to say that I really like the game,

Do you have any plans to implement a "Mouth Fetish" in the future?

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
I'm not having any more issues with Eve's trophy. I'm guessing she was simply naked the few times I encountered her before.

The blindfolds are novel, and I quite like them though they don't seem particularly impactful yet (only up to level 23), and they seem to only come into play when I put them on myself. Might be because of the limited positions you/your opponents can put them on the opposition. Is there supposed to be a way to remove a blindfold that you haven't put on yourself? I thought I saw it as an option once, but I can't find it again. Perhaps it only appears when you're in a vulnerable position?

- Spank works on clothed characters. This is fine in function, but it does mention a bare ass.
- You can place a blindfold on someone when you're enthralled and also when you're bound (by tentacles, if it matters).
- There's some move that mentions a lull in the fight when you're blinded, and it uses the player's name ("You're not sure what [PCname] is doing, but it isn't having any effect on you").
- It's probably a bit unnecessary to list both "You are blinded, and cannot see what Cassie is doing," and "your eyesight is blocked by a blindfold," in the main window when blinded. The former, bolded text is probably enough for people who skim.
- When defeating Airi: "Airi's pussy slime filaments turned back into ."
- When using Sedate: "You through a bottle". That should be "throw."

Last edited by a moderator:

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Do you have any plans to implement a "Mouth Fetish" in the future?

Plans? No. But it would be easy to add. It might be as simple as adding "mouth" to a list, but I'll have to look more closely to make sure. It's worth noting that Samantha can achieve similar effects since her improved blowjob gets more powerful if used repeatedly.

Rikis

May 17, 2016
Mara's mind control is finally ready! The details are in the changelog below. This update also incorporates some fixes by Ryplinn and also fixes some bugs spotted by Demon Girl.

You can't talk about addiction if lovers. In MaraTime.java missing something like this:

@Override
    public Optional<String> getAddictionOption() {
        return Global.getPlayer().checkAddiction(AddictionType.MIND_CONTROL) ? Optional.of("Confront about control") : Optional.empty();
    }

And something wrong with UTF-8:

9iiRjuW.png

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_77-b03) Win 7

In GUI.java should be (maybe):

Code:
textPane.setContentType("text/html;charset=UTF-8");

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
I noticed a lot of characters (when they have modified genitals, particularly noticeable with pussies or the lack of them) change gender. It's quite annoying to read his/her mixed up in text. Is it possible to rigidly have a character always referred to as his or her?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I noticed a lot of characters (when they have modified genitals, particularly noticeable with pussies or the lack of them) change gender. It's quite annoying to read his/her mixed up in text. Is it possible to rigidly have a character always referred to as his or her?

Do you want them to stop changing genders or is it just the pronouns?

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Hey guys,

Sorry I've been absent for so long. Work's been pretty rough, and I'm hoping that we'll be reaching a milestone with our current project by some time this week. I'll probably come and pitch in afterwards.

It's nice to see the mod still thriving though :D

Ryplinn

Jun 13, 2016
The pronouns are a good start, that's really the only thing noticeable on my end.

Consistent pronouns are technically possible, but for historical reasons a lot of the writing has been done with female pronouns stated explicitly, instead of using a system that matches pronouns with genitals. Correcting that is the sort of thing that's important, but will take a while.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Consistent pronouns are technically possible, but for historical reasons a lot of the writing has been done with female pronouns stated explicitly, instead of using a system that matches pronouns with genitals. Correcting that is the sort of thing that's important, but will take a while.

Just to put this in perspective, there are 4407 occurrences of the word "her", 3080 of "she", 27 of "hers" and 114 of "herself" in the game. They would mostly have to be replaced by hand, and it might not always be possible without further modifications to the code. For example, the game currently assumes that characters you see moving around are female, but the code responsible for printing the messages describing what they are doing does not have access to the actual character. That could be changed, but similar changes would have to be made for other parts of the code, leading to more potential bugs and costing a lot of time.

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
I'm just wondering if other people have the same problem as me, but...I can't draw vs Maya. I've engineered it to the point where a Spiral Thrust sends both of us to 0 willpower, yet it gives me the win.

Also, I can't imagine what it would be like to code all those changes for male<->female pronouns.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
Just to put this in perspective, there are 4407 occurrences of the word "her", 3080 of "she", 27 of "hers" and 114 of "herself" in the game. They would mostly have to be replaced by hand, and it might not always be possible without further modifications to the code. For example, the game currently assumes that characters you see moving around are female, but the code responsible for printing the messages describing what they are doing does not have access to the actual character. That could be changed, but similar changes would have to be made for other parts of the code, leading to more potential bugs and costing a lot of time.

I am made a custom start where the girls have dicks and they consistently get referred to as "he", despite me even adding the gender thing to the custom start. That's really the crux of things. If they all would be referred to as "she", that'd be fine!

akoss

Sep 12, 2015
Has anyone made a custom male character? It would be nice to have an optional male character for female pcs (or bi male pcs) to interact with, without completely changing the characters we are used to, even when the pronoun and story stuff is fixed.

Ryplinn

Jun 13, 2016
I am made a custom start where the girls have dicks and they consistently get referred to as "he", despite me even adding the gender thing to the custom start. That's really the crux of things. If they all would be referred to as "she", that'd be fine!

Unfortunately, there's no provision currently for non-biological gender identification. Adding this would require the same changes dndw laid out above, falling into the same "important but hard" category.

Because of this, the "startingGender" setting exists mostly to make it easier to, for example, turn Angel into Angelo without having to specify his genitals explicitly. The setting only indirectly affects pronoun choice.

It is true that pronoun choice, where it applies, often is a simplistic "does character have a dick" check, but creating a more sophisticated pronoun system doesn't make sense before replacing the hard-coded pronouns.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015

It's basically a refactoring job where you have to replace all instances of gendered words with function calls to the character's class asking that function to print the correct pronoun.  That usually isn't that difficult, but it is time consuming.  It would also let you do a little more nuanced gender determination that only exists once in the code and only needs to be changed in one place if you want to change the mechanics for it.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
It's basically a refactoring job where you have to replace all instances of gendered words with function calls to the character's class asking that function to print the correct pronoun.  That usually isn't that difficult, but it is time consuming.  It would also let you do a little more nuanced gender determination that only exists once in the code and only needs to be changed in one place if you want to change the mechanics for it.

I'm slowly in the process of doing exactly that, but it isn't a high priority right now.

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
Has anyone made a custom male character? It would be nice to have an optional male character for female pcs (or bi male pcs) to interact with, without completely changing the characters we are used to, even when the pronoun and story stuff is fixed.

There are a few male characters made, although I can't recall who made them. I remember it was on a previous thread. One was a genderbent Samantha, and the other was a sadistic fetish combatant. So a male Eve, basically. You could probably find someone with the character sheets somewhere.

akoss

Sep 12, 2015
There are a few male characters made, although I can't recall who made them. I remember it was on a previous thread. One was a genderbent Samantha, and the other was a sadistic fetish combatant. So a male Eve, basically. You could probably find someone with the character sheets somewhere.

ataraxia made some in this thread. Thanks.

ShadowBlaze94

Sep 9, 2015
Just curious, is there a guide or template for creating custom characters? In the mood to try and spice up my games with something different

Dolarnor

Jul 1, 2016
Just realized there is a new version so I'll have to download that and see the new items.  Some suggestions and observations based on 2.04:

• Angel seems to really enjoy putting on strap-ons then having you remove them repeatedly when she has you enthralled.  This is pretty useless for her as she seldom if ever uses them at least on a male player.  Angel is already one of the tougher opponents, but maybe still she should use the enthralled time-frame a bit better.  I'd suggest no character would normally want to have an enthralled opponent remove their strap-on and Cassie and Angel would rarely want to put them on.
  • Force Strip Self for the player is a full strip of the target.  For the computer players it just forces removal of one item.  I think it should be a full strip on either side, which would also make the computer a bit more challenging.
  • Cassie likes to Lick Ass while riding cowgirl.  I think only Airi could actually perform that maneuver.
  • Masturbate is impossible if being held from behind.  I think logic there needs to be looked at.
  • Angel and Reyka seem to inflict additions very quickly and easily and renew them almost perpetually.  Cassie's almost never happens unless intentionally self inflicted.  Maybe she should put nursing her opponent at a higher priority?
  • There currently seems to be no way to get Holy Water except maybe to enthrall Mara and force her to give it to you if she happens to have it.  Am I missing something?
  • Stamina is very easy to run out of or run your opponents out of at low level, but quickly that becomes almost impossible except when fucking Jewel.  Maybe stamina draining skills should scale more?
  • Jewel overall seems the weakest of the opponents.  Part of that may relate to the above and also she doesn't fight effectively.  She's tough to get away from, but wastes a lot of time on moves that should be low priority.  I did have one round where she decided to go Foot Pump on me and that was tough to get out of, but I think she should focus first on getting the opponent controlled (enthralled, held from behind, on the ground, or pinned) and bound, then naked, and then attack with foot pump/heel grind, face sit, oral pin, fingering, or strap-on.  Also, maybe she should have the option to learn cock control and have that affect her strap-on?  It did not seem very effective last time she managed to catch me and even though she pegged me for many rounds and spiraled twice I ended up winning.  (Spiral probably should only happen if she's at 90% or more of max mojo as the lethargic seem to be a big penalty that can also result in losing future fights).

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
After really early game nobody actually uses strapons- which is strange since the first week every girl was after MC's ass. Eve's whole gimmick is that she's a herm totally geared towards using her dick...but she never does. I tested multiple times, but she only ever uses frottage. If a character uses a turn to put on a strapon (sometimes repeatedly if you strip it off), you'd think their priority would be to use it on you and not be content merely wearing it.

ShadowBlaze94

Sep 9, 2015
I believe that in order to get "Holy Water" you need to have an empty bottle and beat Angel after she's gained Divinity

Dolarnor

Jul 1, 2016
Thanks on the empty bottles. 

Mara's addiction looks interesting and I've seen the initial trigger for it and the morning message about it, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything?  Am I missing something or is it bugged?

(Edit:  Working now, just hadn't been built up enough.)

Found a related bug I think.  After combat with Mara I got a message that seemed to be Airi mind controlling Jewel, but then the game locked.

crimsiden

Jul 4, 2016
Been messing around with Mara addiction too.. Jeez that girl is weak though, it takes special type of effort to get it  going lol

What exactly does the highest level of addiction do? I know it lowers stamina and random  enthralling but is that it ?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Just curious, is there a guide or template for creating custom characters? In the mood to try and spice up my games with something different

There isn't one yet. I've been meaning to make one, but for now you can just look at Samantha and Rosea. I don't think there are any options available that aren't used in those. For traits and body parts you can also look at save files.

Just realized there is a new version so I'll have to download that and see the new items.  Some suggestions and observations based on 2.04:

• Angel seems to really enjoy putting on strap-ons then having you remove them repeatedly when she has you enthralled.  This is pretty useless for her as she seldom if ever uses them at least on a male player.  Angel is already one of the tougher opponents, but maybe still she should use the enthralled time-frame a bit better.  I'd suggest no character would normally want to have an enthralled opponent remove their strap-on and Cassie and Angel would rarely want to put them on.
  • Force Strip Self for the player is a full strip of the target.  For the computer players it just forces removal of one item.  I think it should be a full strip on either side, which would also make the computer a bit more challenging.
  • Cassie likes to Lick Ass while riding cowgirl.  I think only Airi could actually perform that maneuver.
  • Masturbate is impossible if being held from behind.  I think logic there needs to be looked at.
  • Angel and Reyka seem to inflict additions very quickly and easily and renew them almost perpetually.  Cassie's almost never happens unless intentionally self inflicted.  Maybe she should put nursing her opponent at a higher priority?
  • There currently seems to be no way to get Holy Water except maybe to enthrall Mara and force her to give it to you if she happens to have it.  Am I missing something?
  • Stamina is very easy to run out of or run your opponents out of at low level, but quickly that becomes almost impossible except when fucking Jewel.  Maybe stamina draining skills should scale more?
  • Jewel overall seems the weakest of the opponents.  Part of that may relate to the above and also she doesn't fight effectively.  She's tough to get away from, but wastes a lot of time on moves that should be low priority.  I did have one round where she decided to go Foot Pump on me and that was tough to get out of, but I think she should focus first on getting the opponent controlled (enthralled, held from behind, on the ground, or pinned) and bound, then naked, and then attack with foot pump/heel grind, face sit, oral pin, fingering, or strap-on.  Also, maybe she should have the option to learn cock control and have that affect her strap-on?  It did not seem very effective last time she managed to catch me and even though she pegged me for many rounds and spiraled twice I ended up winning.  (Spiral probably should only happen if she's at 90% or more of max mojo as the lethargic seem to be a big penalty that can also result in losing future fights).
  • I haven't seen this myself, but I'll try to make it so that an Enthralled player won't remove strapons and see how it works
  • The player command are older, from before an overhaul of the enthrallment system. I'll play around with it, but I think the NPC part works pretty well now, so maybe I'll nerf the player commands instead.
  • Point taken.
  • The image associated with Behind shows the submissive character on the ground, so masturbation would not be possible. I always imagine their hands are behind their back, but there doesn't seem to be any description to that end. I think I will leave this the way it is.
  • I agree, I'll make Angel's and Reyka's addictions slower. The part about Cassie can probably be solved by tweaking the AI modifiers (data/DefaultAIModifications.json).
  • ShadowBlaze94 is correct on the Holy Water
  • I do think attacking stamina is not really profitable after, say, level 7 or so. I think it would be nice to have 'big' moves use stamina, as well as struggling. That will take a while, though. A simpler solution would be to extend the recovery period at higher levels, or have it scale with the maximum stamina. Something to look into.
  • The AI is currently not really capable of planning ahead, so the best we can do at present is to tweak the AI modifiers. Spiral Thrust can be altered pretty easily, though. I'll make it so it is less likely to be chosen when the user has less mojo.
After really early game nobody actually uses strapons- which is strange since the first week every girl was after MC's ass. Eve's whole gimmick is that she's a herm totally geared towards using her dick...but she never does. I tested multiple times, but she only ever uses frottage. If a character uses a turn to put on a strapon (sometimes repeatedly if you strip it off), you'd think their priority would be to use it on you and not be content merely wearing it.

I don't really have this problem, I find that when they are wearing strapons (or have dicks) and use something like Maneuver or a counter, they are quite likely to peg the player. Regardless, AI modifications are the answer yet again (at least, the best available at present).

Found a related bug I think.  After combat with Mara I got a message that seemed to be Airi mind controlling Jewel, but then the game locked.

Could you send me your log file?

Been messing around with Mara addiction too.. Jeez that girl is weak though, it takes special type of effort to get it  going lol

What exactly does the highest level of addiction do? I know it lowers stamina and random  enthralling but is that it ?

It's just the random enthralling and stamina loss, higher levels just increase both of them.

markomemos

Oct 12, 2015
Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the mod.
Just a bug report: When playing with "Inverted Genders" there's a fairly game-breaking issue with NPCs using Facesit on each other during their automated fights causing a null pointer exception to be thrown. I'm pretty sure this has to do with their lack of female genitalia since this problem does not occur otherwise. Specifically, line 30 of FaceSit.java has "... getSelf().body.getRandomPussy() == PussyPart.feral ? 3.0f : 0" which I suspect is causing the exception. Attached is the log file.

View attachment nightgames_log.txt

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
I've been wondering, since Power-based moves to hit stamina are weak, why not turn them into %max stamina damages, with a base % hit to stamina, affected by Power and by Ki? Perhaps, make Power-based moves hurt for a flat calculation, and make Ki-based moves hurt for a %? That would allow Stamina-specialising persons, like Jewel, to remain competitive middle/late-game by scaling vs higher levels when she gets Ki. At the same time, the high level of Ki needed will mean that other characters can't just start using power moves because they got buffed - without investing in Ki, they don't hurt as hard.

However, seeing as a lot of red moves are power-based, perhaps Ki can add a small % to those moves too. The point is to scale damage, like in (sorry to bring it here) Blade of the Ruined King in LoL, which is used to shred tanks easier.

You can even think about making it Jewel-exclusive by giving a trait to help. Similarly, testosterone can be changed to giving Power proportional to how much Ki you have, instead of giving just extra Power (at least, that's what I think it does.)

That could end up being the basis of jewel's addiction, Ki moves.

I just want to see the characters be a bit more balanced - I had a match with Jewel which displayed her potential - lock ups and stuns with dominance, then make the opponent orgasm. This change would help achieve that by making red moves valuable for her.