CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8w-z for CoC 1.0.2)

Serathinian

Sep 19, 2015
Does the "Enlightened Nine-tails" just increase fatigue recovery? Considering how hard it is to become a Nine-tails that's pretty disappointing.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Does the "Enlightened Nine-tails" just increase fatigue recovery? Considering how hard it is to become a Nine-tails that's pretty disappointing.

Both nine tails perks also grant two special attacks, a special offense that is worse then whitefire, and a crowd control move.  The corrupted nine tails cc is actually vary good, and is worth throwing in with blind during tough battles.  Having both nine tails perks and Hoshi no Tama allows you to use a fused foxfire attack, which is far less worse then whitefire then either parent attacks. 

Sadly, even fused foxfire falls well behind whitefire as int goes higher. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ormael

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Both nine tails perks also grant two special attacks, a special offense that is worse then whitefire, and a crowd control move.  The corrupted nine tails cc is actually vary good, and is worth throwing in with blind during tough battles.  Having both nine tails perks and Hoshi no Tama allows you to use a fused foxfire attack, which is far less worse then whitefire then either parent attacks. 

Sadly, even fused foxfire falls well behind whitefire as int goes higher. 

We planning to revise foxfire in the future so to make it an effective complement to whitefire witheout making whitefire useless. I proposed several time before to make it a DOT similar to the burn status from pokemon. Truthfully we need damage over time effect in CoC.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
We planning to revise foxfire in the future so to make it an effective complement to whitefire witheout making whitefire useless. I proposed several time before to make it a DOT similar to the burn status from pokemon. Truthfully we need damage over time effect in CoC.

Is it possible you could revise illusion as well?  At the moment, its far worse then terrify.  Methinks it should become a buff or something. 

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Is it possible you could revise illusion as well?  At the moment, its far worse then terrify.  Methinks it should become a buff or something. 

Likely it will be part of 0.7f

ExperiencPoints

Oct 9, 2016
Will guns be placed in the ranged weapon slot as well? Will there be more than just the flintlock (or are there already more and I'm dumb).

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Serathinian

Minimum lust been issue. Here what can bring it up and to what value depending on other perks existing or not:
Bibmo/Bro/Futa Body perk or Bimbo Champagne status effect
+40
(if min lust >= 20) +20
(if min lust >= 40) +10
Omnibus Gift perk
+35
(if min lust >= 20) +20
(if min lust >= 40) +10
Nymphomania perk
+30
(if min lust >= 20) +15
(if min lust >= 40) +10
Anemone Arousal (status effect gained during fight with anemone)
+30
(if min lust >= 20) +20
(if min lust >= 40) +10
Hot Bloded perk
+35
(if min lust >= 20) +20
(if min lust >= 40) +10
Lipstick Adapted perk
+5
(if min lust < 50) +10
Also one of the piercing rising min lust (Crimstone)
One of rings similary (Crimstone)
Status Effect Infested rising min lust to 50 it it below 50
Shouldra if not sexed for too long temporaly rising by 20 then another 30
Having oviposter with more than 20 eggs +10 and if 40+ eggs then anther +10
If PC wearing tentacle bark armor rising to min 20 if it was below that
For Lusty Maiden Armor min lust rise to 30 if below

So there is already a few ways to rise min lust. PLus for now I not touched cap for maximum min lust so atm no matter what of those above things PC got it will never break min 95 lust. As Liadri said with currently in my mod been able to reach quite high max lust I reconsidering rising this cap or totaly removing it. Even by removing if PC bought correct perks will never have min lust higher than max lust (I mean even in NG ax lust may be somewhere around 1k and at higherst tier of NG that still giving new perks and etc. it may as well hit some around 6k).

I hope this list would help you get easy 33+ lust for been always ready for sex scenes.

Hmm ever thought about putting in Asura? Or a Asura like being?

SInce it's mod that got many things taken form eastern ligh novels about gods, immortals and heroes Asura in some form would be added somewhere down the line of denveloping mod. It's still one of 0.7 version. Still some way left till 1.0 build.

Will guns be placed in the ranged weapon slot as well? Will there be more than just the flintlock (or are there already more and I'm dumb).

Yes when last one build with number starting with 0.7e come out all currently range weapons would be converted to be used in range slot. Probably wiard staffs will be lil special case since one perk would technicaly make them range weapons from melee ones.

@Liadri During fight with Lethice PC can using one fo fire attacks put fire dot on her or her minions that are used as break between two phases of fighting with her. But there is also actualy one fire DoT ingame :p Immolination spell from Arain necklaces got added dot effect (somehow wanted make those spells arian allowing use been lil more usefull even before I would be doing rebalancing/revamping all combat specials).

@Zevos Naturaly Fox Fires will be weaker especialy with higher int due to forumla used to calculate fox fire and whitefire dmg. Till time I will go check up for all specials will not try touch much fox fire. But I do changed for now for next build that only having both 9-tail perks will allow PC use Fusion Fox Fire (ofc without Hoshi perk it will be 3x weaker) but it's as you wanted to not make getting it so hard yet I kept it higher dmg with Hoshi perk added.

Reactions: Agrok

ExperiencPoints

Oct 9, 2016
So what will be the difference between guns and bows? Right now the only difference I can see is that the flintlock needs to be reloaded which takes a turn. This makes it inferior to any bow in the mod. Also how will reloading work with the triple shot perk (for example, the flintlock has 4 shots before it needs to reload, which takes a turn. So if I shoot 3 shots the first turn, during the second turn do I: a) fire one shot then wait next turn to reload? b) fire one shot then reload then fire another shot? c) fire one shot than reload then stop? d) another combination that I don't know about.) Will there be gun specific perks? Maybe something about reloading? Sorry about all the questions, now that ranged weapons will be more viable, I REAAALLLY want to be able to do like a pirate character, and pirates don't use bows.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well plain speaking for next one build diff would be that bow would provide many cool thing to do while guns and other range weapons will need to wait for their turn (that will not take longer than 1-2 more builds). I want for now be sure range combat works well with bows and then in next step make all other range weapons having some benefits too (archery expansion still was planned with changed to bow/crossbow attacks in mind). So flintlock pistol would be changed how it work in 0.7e2 as I predicting.

So for now till I would change it will be still shotting once for 4 turns then needing one turn to reload. On other hand bows...would be able to do much more than current one three shoots per turn. I may do something to somehow make it less painfull to need reload pistol during fight. Current using pistol not using fatigue so maybe will replace it with costing some fatigue to represent PC reloading it each time but not req. due to this wasting turn to reload. Or keep ammo system but make automatic action between turns using fatigue. Still some time for me to settle how to solve this and if you got ideas how you may want it to work you can always post them. Some poeple can tell here that I do sometimes suggestiong from feedback using without almost any changed in mod.

As for pirates no worry I would make sure to give flinlock pistol feel like PC is mighty pirate. Heck there is already planned pirate demons gang to fight with and even...certain female pirate that is suppose to be blamant joke on some famous movie pirate ^^

ExperiencPoints

Oct 9, 2016
I know about Roxanne, she's a lot of fun (and so nice after that little drinking game). Maybe to balance guns you could have each shot add some fatigue (justified by dealing with the recoil) and have all the guns give more fatigue than the minimum for bows. Say the flintlock gives 7 fatigue per shot, maybe a blunderbuss gives 30 fatigue per shot but you get a lot more damage. Course the numbers would need to be changed but I think I'm getting the point across. Also, here's an idea for a preset character (pirate themed, obviously):

Strength: 9

Toughness: 20

Speed: 35

Intelligence: 13

Starts with the Scout history perk. A flintlock and medium backpack (for treasure hoarding).

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Actually, i sort of like the idea of Foxfire as a DoT.  At this point, i'm really feeling it will never be as good as whitefire even with Hoshi no Tama, so lets just put it in its own category.  Arian's talisman is cute, but the only function on it i ever actually used was the lust reduction one from Kitteh's mod. 

Methinks i'm also gona make a gdoc of all my random equipment ideas and put it up here when it gets substantial. 

Also, any chance we can get heal as a camp action in the near future? 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@ExperiencPoints Atm base cost for bow shoot iw 25 fatigue multiplied by amount of shoot arrows in turn *minor spoiler alert* which min at start it can cost even up to 125 fatigue to use bow *end of spoiler* But after enough shoot arrow cost will be dropping by 20% down to 20% orginal value aka 5/25. for other range weapon if their will end up with per turn cost of fatigue to use them cost would be probably balanced around base of bow shooting. At least I fell it would be easiest to look how good other range weapons are copared to bow shooting.

@Zevos Ya I know there are some more options on talizman in Revamp than in Xianxia. Probably would look intot it in near(far away) future.

With gdoc on all randomn ideas you got I will gladly accept this link ^^

Ummm heal in camp...does it been in 0.7e1 feel enough satisfactory for you?

ExperiencPoints

Oct 9, 2016
I should probably specify that the guns wouldn't be affected by the bow shooting perk. The amount of fatigue would remain constant, just like how guns wouldn't be affected by bow skill level (Will that still be a thing?) I don't know if this is possible, but for the multi shot perks, you could also make each shot cost more fatigue and less accurate (greater chance to miss or be dodged) by a percentage (guns only, full auto and rapid fire is never accurate after all).

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Increase of cost and lowering accuracy for pistols/guns shoot. Well it would be then a little bit similar to current system bow shoting have. But with not making bow shooting perk affecting guns I can agree. With early game could fast pss by I think some other people may still want pistols/guns been not much lagging behing other range weapons in temr us usefulness. Maybe not dmg but alt east been still vialable to use insted of bow/crossbow.

arrows.jpg

ExperiencPoints

Oct 9, 2016
Course I would love guns to be just as viable as bows and crossbows. But personally its more for character role play, I really like pirates right now for some in-explainable reason. Maybe have guns have more armor penetration? Or maybe more base damage but less of a bonus from speed than the bow or crossbow?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Honestly it would in the depend how I write code for them. As for sure their will have some slight different code than bows/crossbows. When 0.7e1 come out you could for sake of comparision make archer chara to see what would be getting archer PC's to decide what suggestion for direction for PC using guns/pistols should take.

Pirates theme is interesting in itself and seeing some more npc ingame use it in some way for sure shouldn't hurt.

Akon

Sep 11, 2016
I have a suggestion regarding camp healing. It can be done by increasing healig properties of meditation. For example, meditation can heal you for 10% of max HP, also 10% of fatigue and possible some soulforce, with having both related percs doubling that amount (Jojo perk, and history perk). It will make meditation and religious history far more usefull. Also, healer history can grant you medicine perk (not related to meditation, just a suggestion).

And sorry for my (probably) bad English.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I not gonna look at your english but what thoughts you writing down.

It could be possible to connect effects of getting in camp healing and meditation that would then remade into almost/all secondary resource bars (hp, lust, fatigue, soulforce) been regenerated. Nowadays history perk of Religious is slight fallin behind effects of others been even less than little affecting game as their all was supposed to work.

@Zevos Atm made kind of Heal use in camp using part of combat heal code (making direclty game use heal code would led to making game in background load whole combat code file in background so cut off few things to make it less complicated (no getting bonuses for speel power bonus or lowering cost of spell but each incamp used spell count to reducing spell costs as general but msg about lowering cost will trigger when PC enter next combat). As Akon said maybe I would look also into somehow add some sort of healing into meditation. Plus HoT soulskill may be possible made into one of heal options in camp actions menu similary to heal spell.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Arcane Arsenal

Here is the link to the gdoc where all my randomest equipment ideas are.  I'll probably add further ideas there.  As you can see, its pretty much all mage equipment. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Zevos not forget to think about something for arcane archers...and let call them for now soul archers (similar to arcane but instead of spells their mix soulskills with archery moves - not yet settled on name for this one perks line).

Looked briefly due to been dead tired after whole day but already got feeling I may use more than just few of those equip ideas ^^

Zavos

May 7, 2016
not forget to think about something for arcane archers...and let call them for now soul archers (similar to arcane but instead of spells their mix soulskills with archery moves - not yet settled on name for this one perks line).

This gave me an idea .  Put a concept for a mage/scout weapon into the Arcane Arsenal doc.  Maybe we could make mage/scout its own job after archery and soularrow has had its time in the sun.  Methinks we could turn mage/scout into a very steampunk job: artificer. 

Yes, i have a steampunk fixation.  Steampunk is instant awesome.  But it might not be right for CoC.  If Ormael wants it dropped, it gets dropped.  I'll probably hop onto another idea in a few hours anyways. 

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Spellslingners? Well yea I guess thats possible in some way. 

Checked over your gear list and I'm quite interested myself.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Spike razor Hey ther Spike. What's up? Was it you who was keep pondering when Evangeline affection will stop been locked at 3% or was it other peron?

@Zevos Would try make short summary of my thought on each item you wrote down there ^^

Inquisitor’s Tome - interesting thing and I thing quite well fitting. Looks like way to include Blob Mage perk like effect. May ends up too OP or not....only testing could show it.

Rune Sword, Wizard's Pole, Arcane Bangles: Looks fine for me so their may be added soon even if for testing at first.

Puritas, Element of Purity/Depravatio, Element of Corruption: That cost reduction/spellpower increase is 'x and y' or 'x or y'?

Ascensus, Element of Ascension: This staff would be attained by combining two above or as seperate item not needing other two to be made?

D. Bark Robes: How would minimum lust affect this armor perk effect? Would it still lower to 0 or jsut to current min lust value?

T. Bark Robes: Similary question on perk effect. Without any perk min lust for blakc magic is 50. After few perk it would drop to 30. So perk would essential working as rising lust to 50 or 30 if it's below. WIth a few ways to rise min lust it ay become less usefull since PC may have all time enough lust to use black spells.

F. Bark Robes: once again I mostly worried how would eprk working with possibility it effect my became marginal.

S.Silk Undershirt and Eldritch Ribbon: not see any issue here so their may be easy and fast added for testing if their fine or need some tuning.

Locatio, the Prototype: Interesting idea for weapon. Not sure if the tools req. isn't too strick locking access to this gun until PC can visit D3.

Harquebus, Vari Sword: I can feel Steampunk/Ayo Tech vibre from this ones ^^

Other stuff form gdoc seems like lil more concept ideas but still seems resonable ones. Well would for now not say much since this section may still change.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Puritas, Element of Purity/Depravatio, Element of Corruption: That cost reduction/spellpower increase is 'x and y' or 'x or y'?

Ascensus, Element of Ascension: This staff would be attained by combining two above or as seperate item not needing other two to be made?

D. Bark Robes: How would minimum lust affect this armor perk effect? Would it still lower to 0 or jsut to current min lust value?

T. Bark Robes: Similary question on perk effect. Without any perk min lust for blakc magic is 50. After few perk it would drop to 30. So perk would essential working as rising lust to 50 or 30 if it's below. WIth a few ways to rise min lust it ay become less usefull since PC may have all time enough lust to use black spells.

F. Bark Robes: once again I mostly worried how would eprk working with possibility it effect my became marginal.

The staff special bonuses are meant to come after all other bonuses/cost reductions.  This could allow small bonuses to become reasonably strong, and otherwise scale really well with the PC's moxie. 

Ascensus requires Puritas and T. Bark or Depravito and D. Bark.  Same thing for F. Bark Robes requiring barks and other robes.  These are vary powerful items that require great effort across multiple lives to complete. 

D. Bark Robes: Lower it to the min.  If you're planning ahead or carrying it through multiple lives, you'll account for it in your build.  For T. Bark Robes, if current lust is bellow black magic threshold, lust equals black magic threshold.  + tentacle molestation message

I'll probably jot down more ideas in the gdoc going forward.  I have lots of random ideas, now i have somewhere for them all to go. 

Edit: Keep in mind that the stuff in the gdoc is purely conceptual.  Feel free to adjust things as you see fit if you want to use these ideas. 

ExperiencPoints

Oct 9, 2016
So, how will charged weapon work with the range weapons revamp? Will it encompass both weapons? Just melee weapons? Or do you choose which one to buff?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Zevos So for those weapons/armors that got combined effects would be effect of getting both items and then somehow crafting/fusing them into one? For staffs I see it's 'x and y' option.

@ExperiencPoints Charge weapon will charge...only melee weapons. But will include perk for archery perk line to allow affect it range weapons attacks too. Will may be ot exactly the same value of buffing thou like for melee one weapons.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
So for those weapons/armors that got combined effects would be effect of getting both items and then somehow crafting/fusing them into one? For staffs I see it's 'x and y' option.

The concept is if you wish to craft Ascensus, the ultimate weapon, you'll need to craft the pure and corrupt versions as intermediaries.  Both fused bark items require that you create a pure or corrupt item using the associated bark, then on a subsequent life to complete the fused item you need to have Rath combine the attuned bark item with the bark of the opposite attunement.   My main theme for Ascensus and F. Bark Robes is purity/corruption duality.  Thats also a theme i strive for during most of my CoC mages.  Purity bias, of course, but what is the darkside without something enticing to offer? 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Zevos How would going to next one life req. for crafting those items? Techinicaly Rath doing that work and all he need is both items so technically I see jsut 2 lives are enough. Or I too derp to see some other reason why PC need to wait for the third life but here I expecting you know the answer.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Make purity/corrupt bark item, put it into the sky pearl, next life get the other bark, give bark plus bark item to Rath for fused bark item. 

One thing i want to really see is limited resources for high level items, getting only one of a special crafting item in one life, and needing to go through several lives to assemble a set.  Marae's bark and inquisitor's are two examples of one-per-life stuff.  I feel like one-per-life opportunities justify handing PC unusually powerful equipment, providing a meaningful choice, as well as justifying replaying content on subsequent playthroughs to expand the arsenal. 

W. Staff + D. Bark = Puritas;  W. Staff + T. Bark = Depravito;  Puritas + T. Bark = Ascensus; Depravito + D. Bark = Ascensus

Why W. Staff?   They're carved from Marae's roots.  Rather then doing all this complicated alchemical stuff to turn sections of bark into a weapon, you're merging Marae's power w/ Marae's powers.