Give Drones a separate equip slot

Rare Pleasure

Jan 16, 2016
Edit: I have gotten an offical statement from Fen.
Adding a drone slot would require every player to have a drone/pet equipped at all times
Not happening
Well, this thread now serves no perpose. gg.

Drones, mounts and tamed animals (such as the Siegwolfe or Kor'diiak Bear) should be given a new dedicated equip slot and no longer be equipped in the Accessory slot.

Currently, unless your specifically using a drone based tech build, using equable items such as the Fenris attack drone is basically a waste of the highly valuable Accessory slot causing them to be complete waste of what could easily be a fun part of the game, further more it really makes no sense that, for example, wearing a fire resistant cloak prevents you from having a robot stand along side you.

Simply put, I believe that giving players the ability to equip drones along side accessories, rather then instead of, would benefit the game by giving the player more choice and variance in setup.

Last edited:

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Drones, mounts and tamed animals (such as the Siegwolfe or Kor'diiak Bear) should be given a new dedicated equip slot and no longer be equipped in the Accessory slot.

Currently, unless your specifically using a drone based tech build, using equable items such as the Fenris attack drone is basically a waste of the highly valuable Accessory slot causing them to be complete waste of what could easily be a fun part of the game, further more it really makes no sense that, for example, wearing a fire resistant cloak prevents you from having a robot stand along side you.

Simply put, I believe that giving players the ability to equip drones along side accessories, rather then instead of, would benefit the game by giving the player more choice and variance in setup.

I've said the same before in another post in a different thread, but I went and said that we should revamp the Accessories slot to hold more than just the drone because it doesn't make sense. Honestly it doesn't make sense how you can't have flash goggles and a myr great coat, or have the scarf and the myr coat to have more warmth on uveto.

Personally I believe that there should be an accessories section when you click on the button and it should allow you to wear certain things in certain spots, like if you have an explorer's cloak or jet back it goes to torso, scarf goes to head and drone is in the item spot to take with you, the item spot could also be used for things like Allure or leashes or other things, it could also help organize some accessories.

But I don't think it's gonna happen because it would take some time and coding and maybe even needing to recode certain things, I do understand what you mean though, it seems really dumb that if you have sigwulfe and want to warm on uveto you gotta make the choice of freezing or protection, and I'd rather not take Tfs to change myself to be warmer.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
You're not wrong, but that would mean everyone gets a drone, Techs just have stronger drones. Besides, I actually don't have anything better to put there.

Reactions: Jongeedubs

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
You're not wrong, but that would mean everyone gets a drone, Techs just have stronger drones. Besides, I actually don't have anything better to put there.
since the drones are garbage most of the time unless you spec into it with tech i doubt anyone would waste a drone slot.
i'd expect the other two classes to be able to put something else there.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
since the drones are garbage most of the time unless you spec into it with tech i doubt anyone would waste a drone slot.
i'd expect the other two classes to be able to put something else there.
Then it'd be a "Class Slot" and not a "Drone Slot", and I'm not entirely sure how that'd work.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
That's kinda why I said we should have an over haul or re haul of the slot to open up a menu of what you could put in each place.

Head- items for stuff like scarves and goggles and hats

Body- Items like Myr great coat, cloaks, and trench coats

Other- for stuff like Drones, gadgets, and other items.

Then it's not just a slot specifily for just the drones but an open spot for a drone and other items. If not that take the lazy route and have it be similar to the hover board when the drone is in your inventory and since it's there and not on the ship it's gonna give you back up, only shit thing would come from it is that you have Tam wolf and Sig wolf in your inventory fighting for who gets to attack.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
@river_song25 italics and bold work better at emphasing words than uppercase. All caps is the textual equivalent of yelling something, is uncalled for in most situations, and will be read as really condescending, regardless of your intentions for using them.
Besides, aren't you sligtly off-topic ? We're talking about equipment slots

On topic:
What if everyone got 1 (or more) accessory slots, and drone Techs got an additional drone slot ? Would that make Techs too strong in comparison with other classes ?

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I don't play drone techs because they kinda suck right now. Being given an additional accessory slot would only make drone techs marginally better. I'd rather spam gravidic disrupters behind the safety of 360-point shields with my shield tech than depend on a drone that goes down the moment I lose my shields.

Last edited:

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I thought that if you had TamWolf or Siegewulfe that they would continue to fight even with your shields down and that only the starter drone goes down with your shields, I could be wrong though.
The damage per turn of fully upgraded TamWolf and non-bimbo Siegewulf aren't that great. They also don't give you the bonus to shields that the starter drone does.

Last edited:

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Kase is intended to do this after the ship update
Coincidence?

TiTs_Steele_Kase.png

I could’ve sworn that they gave you a bigger boost to shields than the starter drone but I guess I’m wrong?

Nope, you lose the bonus when you replace the starter drone. All this talk of drones has given me an itch to try out a ranged drone tech. Will report back with results lol

Last edited:

OldHickory

Jun 27, 2018
I mean, if it were possible to have my behemoth of a mercenary be flanked by a robotic attack dog and still have either the Myr Greatcoat or aim eyepiece equipped would be pretty sick.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Coincidence?

Nope, you lose the bonus when you replace the starter drone. All this talk of drones has given me an itch to try out a ranged drone tech. Will report back with results lol
I actually really like that. Also, my affinity for melee combat aside, Ranged Tech is not as good as Melee Tech.

Oh, on-topic, just a second accessory slot would be good too, for everyone, but then you'd have to stop overlapping equipment.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I actually really like that. Also, my affinity for melee combat aside, Ranged Tech is not as good as Melee Tech.

Oh, on-topic, just a second accessory slot would be good too, for everyone, but then you'd have to stop overlapping equipment.
It's hard to decide between the Lash cannon and the custom shock gloves.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Alright I thought of something. What about when you get to level 10 you get the ability to hold an extra accessory but one more only so people don't consider it over powered or too strong at the start or have it be at lvl15 or something.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Fen has long said "No" to this idea. He doesn't really like anybody but techs having drones as it is.
Then make it a class slot and techs would be able to slap drones in there while smugglers get programmable grenades for slapping status effects on targets and mercs can get physical shields or some sort of upgrade kit to apply to their weapons/armor for bonuses.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Then make it a class slot and techs would be able to slap drones in there while smugglers get programmable grenades for slapping status effects on targets and mercs can get physical shields or some sort of upgrade kit to apply to their weapons/armor for bonuses.

Totally agree. Now convince Fen.