[Unreal Engine] [Patreon] Slaves of Rome - adult BDSM 3D Game (Trailer)

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
cJbn5ZL.jpg

Patreon page: www.patreon.com/SlavesOfRome

Hey everyone :). We have been working like crazy and finally publicly launching our page for “Slaves of Rome” - a real-time adult 3D game with AAA graphics (we hope) with strong sex and BDSM elements.

Last edited:

art926

Sep 8, 2015
"You can play both male and female, as it is important for us to make the game LGBTQ+ friendly" - but can you enslave males?...

Reactions: SlavesOfLove

<><

Jun 22, 2017
How does the online market work? Can you play without connecting to it? If all the slaves have a unique backstory and personality, how do you compare slaves? If there's only so many slaves, how do you manage supply and demand so slaves don't become worthless? If people can earn money in-game, how do you keep the market from inflating? (damn online markets are complicated)

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
How does the online market work? Can you play without connecting to it? If all the slaves have a unique backstory and personality, how do you compare slaves? If there's only so many slaves, how do you manage supply and demand so slaves don't become worthless? If people can earn money in-game, how do you keep the market from inflating? (damn online markets are complicated)

Wow. Best questions I was ever asked :D

So... first of all, bare in mind we are still developing it, so as far as the demo and current version goes, the market is still not implemented. But - here is how it's going to work. In order to use the market you'll have to connect to the internet, yes. But, you can also sell the slaves to NPCs, if you want to play more of a "single player". Each slave has a worth, depending on the level and skills (not personality) and how well she's been trained.

As for the on-line market worth plan - the tree skill we have is a pretty complicated one.. I'll attach a pic:

OH86MVz.png

But with this tree, each slaves gets different skills so, you chose which positions she is learning, her endurance (length of sex scenes) and such. The inflation issue is a big one, but comes down to costs in-game. It WILL happen over time, in the on-line market because well.. people will get more money and "advance" as the games is on longer and longer. However, the fact that you can also trade with NPCs, will (hopefully) work as a balancing force of a sort, because if you completely over-price, people will get a slave which is "close enough even if not perfect" from the NPC... I have to admit I can't say how well this correlation will work before QAing it with actual players but... at least, that's the theory :)

<><

Jun 22, 2017
Good that you're already thinking about it, in-game markets are a pain to manage, and I've seen many markets fail because of that. I remember one game where money became so useless that people started using a gun you get once per account for completing the game as currency instead. I think the youtube channel "extra credits" did some videos on how to keep a MMO economy in check, maybe you could use those for some tips for this game?

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
Good that you're already thinking about it, in-game markets are a pain to manage, and I've seen many markets fail because of that. I remember one game where money became so useless that people started using a gun you get once per account for completing the game as currency instead. I think the youtube channel "extra credits" did some videos on how to keep a MMO economy in check, maybe you could use those for some tips for this game?

Yeah, I've been there before. I mentioned on the patreon page I'm actually a professional game developer "by day", so I know my way around game economy in general (although must admit this has never been my strong suit) but I definitely know Extra-Credits and seen all of the episodes.. a few times probably :p

DawnCry

Sep 18, 2016
It would be kind of funny if we were able to train slaves to be a dominatrix or for different fetishes, not everyone wants the usual slave hahaha.

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
It would be kind of funny if we were able to train slaves to be a dominatrix or for different fetishes, not everyone wants the usual slave hahaha.
That's a cool idea :D. I am trying to keep the project scope realistic, so hat we don't end up as one of those games that just keep going for-ever and never release, so.. maybe as a DLC or something :p (I'm kidding :) ). But... you CAN play a female slave trainer and then it's kindaaaa the same general idea.. I think...

DawnCry

Sep 18, 2016
Hmm the idea was more about having the slave dominate the master so basically a bit of content as a sub. I don't think it would be weird because many people have weird fetishes and I'm sure some would find it very hot to be dominated by their own slave.

But meh it's just a general idea that came into my mind. Good luck with the game.

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
Hmm the idea was more about having the slave dominate the master so basically a bit of content as a sub. I don't think it would be weird because many people have weird fetishes and I'm sure some would find it very hot to be dominated by their own slave.

But meh it's just a general idea that came into my mind. Good luck with the game.

Thanks so much man :). And yeah, I don't think it'll be weird at all! A lot of people have been asking for a bdsm game from the submissive perspective for a while and I love the idea, would totally like to go there as well, but trying to balance all my crazy ideas with being realistic and promise something we can actually deliver, which is limited with a small indie team. If the patreon does well and we can expend beyond our current plan (which is ambitions as it is) this is one of the first things on the list of options :).

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
So, m/m content planed? Occasionally, or we can build a harem of males and sale/keep them as whores?)

Totally. m/f, m/m/, f/f/ and f/m. Males can be whores as well... the Romans were very progressive and didn't discriminate ;). However, at the moment (in the demo) only the m/f option is unlocked. But the programming systems for the rest are already in place so it's just a question of time and it's high priority for us.. so.. soon :).

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Totally. m/f, m/m/, f/f/ and f/m. Males can be whores as well... the Romans were very progressive and didn't discriminate ;). However, at the moment (in the demo) only the m/f option is unlocked. But the programming systems for the rest are already in place so it's just a question of time and it's high priority for us.. so.. soon :).

Is funny how ancient civilizations were more progressive than in nowadays.

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
lol true dat!

how strong is the emphasis on the bdsm? say i don't like it, then can i just avoid it altogether?

Yes, you can actually avoid it. As you can see in the skill tree, there are "love" and "fear" skill points, so... you can just not use the bdsm elements and as we say "create a true bond with your slaves" and do everything the "nice way"

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

George Harris

Jul 8, 2018
Interesting idea!
I do have a couple of questions though, before I come to patreon :p

1. What's your plan about the game pricing (or is it free to play?)
2. In any case (whether you buy it or not) - will there be in-game purchases? How will that work?
3. how long do you think the production will take? I'm planning to put about 100$, but I don't want it to be for 4 years.........

Good job! keep it up

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
Hey man, happy to try and answer and get you on patreon ;). Some of those questions actually keep poping up, maybe I should add them to the description :).

1. I have to admit, we haven't decided yet. I know this might sound "not serious", but... we'd like to see how much of a difference the patreon page can make for us and how much we can improve. I do believe we'll be somewhere in the 20-35$ mark, but can't "officially" promise.
2. Probably, yes. We try to avoid a "pay to win" situation and indeed, reward patreons with those perks, but some things will be with in-game purchases. But again, probably more cosmetics and as far from pay to win as possible.
3. That would be super amazing! :eek:. It won't be 4 years. As I mentioned on the page, we are all actual "professional" game developer, so we know how to manage scope.. at least that's what we do for a living. I know game developers and time-lines is a painful subject but you know ;). We are working pretty hard to make sure to stay within reasonable scope and not promise what we can't deliver... although after talking to some people on the forums, some awesome crazy ideas poped :p. The plan is to release it within a year - we actually have the time-line on the page, and we plan to stick by it, but I'm adding it here as well :) :

GC5ktnS.png

art926

Sep 8, 2015
Wow, you have the time frame - that's great. I'll consider pledging as soon, as I see a first demo with male slaves)

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
Wow, you have the time frame - that's great. I'll consider pledging as soon, as I see a first demo with male slaves)

Working on it! ;). It'll take a month or two, but it's getting there. Plus.. one of the team programmers is totally into that so... will be hard to avoid even if we wanted to :p (which we totally don't)

George Harris

Jul 8, 2018
Hey man, happy to try and answer and get you on patreon ;). Some of those questions actually keep poping up, maybe I should add them to the description :).

1. I have to admit, we haven't decided yet. I know this might sound "not serious", but... we'd like to see how much of a difference the patreon page can make for us and how much we can improve. I do believe we'll be somewhere in the 20-35$ mark, but can't "officially" promise.
2. Probably, yes. We try to avoid a "pay to win" situation and indeed, reward patreons with those perks, but some things will be with in-game purchases. But again, probably more cosmetics and as far from pay to win as possible.
3. That would be super amazing! :eek:. It won't be 4 years. As I mentioned on the page, we are all actual "professional" game developer, so we know how to manage scope.. at least that's what we do for a living. I know game developers and time-lines is a painful subject but you know ;). We are working pretty hard to make sure to stay within reasonable scope and not promise what we can't deliver... although after talking to some people on the forums, some awesome crazy ideas poped :p. The plan is to release it within a year - we actually have the time-line on the page, and we plan to stick by it, but I'm adding it here as well :) :

GC5ktnS.png

Sounds amazing, gonna follow you guys for sure.
I don't think I've seen too many (or any?) BDSM games, and seeing that right out the bat you're planning on a LGBTQ+ friendly is actually refreshing.
Is the demo ready to play? are you planning to publish more content as you go along?

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
Sounds amazing, gonna follow you guys for sure.
I don't think I've seen too many (or any?) BDSM games, and seeing that right out the bat you're planning on a LGBTQ+ friendly is actually refreshing.
Is the demo ready to play? are you planning to publish more content as you go along?

Yes, it's ready. Brushing out some minor bugs before we release it to patrons at the end of the month, but it's ready. And yes, we plan to post the build every month as it is at the moment, get feedback, fix/improve until we are done and the game is standing.. so, while I'm not sure about the public version yet, the patreon version will be updated every month with more and more content/features.

George Harris

Jul 8, 2018
Sounds like being a patreon might actually be worth it :p
do you guys believe your timeline is realistic in any way? I mean - it seems to require quite a big team...

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
Sounds like being a patreon might actually be worth it :p
do you guys believe your timeline is realistic in any way? I mean - it seems to require quite a big team...

We sure hope to make patreon really fun for our patrons :p. And yep, we sure plan to stick to the time-line. As mentioned, this is not our first project (well... the first adult project, but not our first game) so, we (hope) we know how to manage a scope in a realistic way :).

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
UPDATE: IN-GAME SEX SCENE VIDEO

Hey everyone :) (I'm hoping posting updates here is ok). We have released some video footage of the playable in-game sex scene from the demo on newgrounds, so wanted to share it here as well. Also, wanted to say you guys rock - so many people from the forums joined our patreon in such a short time and been so nice here - so.. you know.. thank you! :) - always happy to hear any feedback you might have :).

Reactions: Offshoree

George Harris

Jul 8, 2018
ha. this game looks even better than I could've hoped. this is seriously all in-game footage???

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
ha. this game looks even better than I could've hoped. this is seriously all in-game footage???

YEP :D - thank man, so awesome to know you think it looks good :D. Hopefully it will still improve a lot, but I'm pretty happy with this.

btw... our patreon just passed passed $1,000 (in about 10 days!) - I know a lot of the backers came from this post, so.. I really don't know what to say... just to say thank you all so so much for the support - this is the best community ever, and we are working very hard not to disappoint. You guys rock. Hard.

TLOU

Jul 7, 2018
wow, nice work with Patreon.. but you guys actually deserve it.. looks like actual work has been put in here!