[Unreal Engine] [Patreon] Slaves of Rome - adult BDSM 3D Game (Trailer)

logan.scodini

Dec 3, 2015
Sorry, I'm still a little bit skeptical. Is there anywhere I can see more 'complete' gameplay footage? I want to know this is really not just an RPG maker in disguise..

Actually, this demo is an asset flip (
).

You can find the original demo here: http://www.qt-ent.com/rome-fantasy-pack/

--
Note: I'd usually never meddle in creators threads, but you sound like a good guy who deserves to know where his money is going.

Still, don't let that discourage you from supporting game makers; good artists need your support.

romeall.jpg

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
Actually, this demo is an asset flip (
).

You can find the original demo here: http://www.qt-ent.com/rome-fantasy-pack/

--
Note: I'd usually never meddle in creators threads, but you sound like a good guy who deserves to know where his money is going.

Still, don't let that discourage you from supporting game makers; good artists need your support.

View attachment 7342

Hey :) - Firstly, yes, we use the Rome Fantasy, and it's really amazing and well made. That being said, there are two points that I think would be fair to notice: Firstly, as stated, we just begun development a few weeks ago and while it's a prototype, rather base it on some assets we can buy (which is also why there are offered for sale in the first place). Second, and most important point is that there are also a lot of original assets there already (like characters, other environments, other items etc'. I honestly don't know where the line between an asset flip game and an actual "normal" game is, and I sure hope we don't cross it - I actually quite dislike that side of game development - BUT, it does make sense to buy assets (as long as it's done in the legal way) to help the development.. it saves time, money and lets you focus on the actual mechanics and game development.. very few indie games have 100% assets non of which are bought. And yet, obviously, it has a limit to it, and at some point just "sucks".. I really don't know where this line is, and again, sure hope we didn't cross it, and even if we have a bit at the current state, that there is no doubt we didn't when we get further in the development and change more are more assets to original (and as mentioned, there are already quite a few of those). So... hoping it can explain :)

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
Sorry, I'm still a little bit skeptical. Is there anywhere I can see more 'complete' gameplay footage? I want to know this is really not just an RPG maker in disguise..

You have no idea how much I know what you are talking about :). It's not RPGmaker, but Unreal Engine, as stated in the title :). You can also see some game play in those links:

Game-play 1: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/713946
Game-play 2: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/714085

George Harris

Jul 8, 2018
to be honest.. I'm kinda bought even with that 'asset flipping'... I mean - it seems like these guys know what they're actually doing and I can't really blame them for using assets like this.. building this environment would've taken weeks or months for a team..
good job guys. seriously.

Reactions: SlavesOfLove

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
to be honest.. I'm kinda bought even with that 'asset flipping'... I mean - it seems like these guys know what they're actually doing and I can't really blame them for using assets like this.. building this environment would've taken weeks or months for a team..
good job guys. seriously.

We love building assets! But yes, there is a certain balance and when you see something that fits really well into the game, I (personally) believe it's ok to buy it.. as long as it's all really about making a good game. But I also guess that line is different for different people.

And thanks man, really appreciate that :) - I hope we will deliver! :). Have you seen the recent videos we posted?

Dec 11, 2016
My first thought upon seeing the picture with the 'asset flip' mention...

TheSexinati275: "This is totally the subura... it has all the hallmarks of being a subura... filthy capite censi!"

My second thought. "Needs more phallic symbols, or must I jizz on the eye of Envy myself, folks!" :gizz:

Hell, I'll probably try this game. I won't be bottoming for another male, however, and Cunnilingus is right out! because I am a man of Virtus! :p

(As you can tell, I'll probably be roleplaying 'Late-Republican style', before peoples Viri went down the drain, and before Theophilus was performing oral sex against the city wall like a dog!)

Last edited:

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
My first thought upon seeing the picture with the 'asset flip' mention...

TheJackinati275: "This is totally the subura... it has all the hallmarks of being a subura... filthy capite censi!"

My second thought. "Needs more phallic symbols, or must I jizz on the eye of Envy myself, folks!" :gizz:

Hell, I'll probably try this game. I won't be bottoming for another male, however, and Cunnilingus is right out! because I am a man of Virtus! :p

(As you can tell, I'll probably be roleplaying 'Late-Republican style', before peoples Viri went down the drain, and before Theophilus was performing oral sex against the city wall like a dog!)

Dude... wow... best comment ever :D :D :D

Reactions: TheSexinati275

TLOU

Jul 7, 2018
The more the better! :D

4XdpCie.jpg

:p

TLOU

Jul 7, 2018
This picture, in the context of the game is somehow really disturbing.. even to someone like me! :D

Haha LOL

It's from the show Hannibal. Also a great thing that doesn't get enough recognition!
I must say I really like this project!! I wanna help with it! How can I do that? :allears:

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
Haha LOL

It's from the show Hannibal. Also a great thing that doesn't get enough recognition!
I must say I really like this project!! I wanna help with it! How can I do that? :allears:

Apart from joining Patreon you mean? :p - mmm... honestly, knowing you like it is super helpful. Might sound stupid, but it really is. I would be also super happy for people to be active, engage us and tell us what they think about the build and give us feedback we could use and improve.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
I'm just waiting for m/m to be implemented before I try your game. Hopefully you will take the time to announce when that's added.

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
I'm just waiting for m/m to be implemented before I try your game. Hopefully you will take the time to announce when that's added.

(Sorry for the late reply)

We are working on it :). We won't have it in the build releasing tomorrow, but I hope (and like 90% sure) that it will already be an option in the next one.

Dec 11, 2016
I too, shall wait anxiously for M/M content.

"Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!" From the graffiti found at the brothel of Innulus and Papilio, from Pompeii

TLOU

Jul 7, 2018
I too, shall wait anxiously for M/M content.

"Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!" From the graffiti found at the brothel of Innulus and Papilio, from Pompeii

me too, and also - wow xD

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
It is an actual quote carved into the walls of Pompeii. The destruction of the city left quite a lot very well preserved, including the (mostly lewd) graffiti all over all the city's walls.

SlavesOfLove

Jun 7, 2017
It is an actual quote carved into the walls of Pompeii. The destruction of the city left quite a lot very well preserved, including the (mostly lewd) graffiti all over all the city's walls.

That's.. wow... that's amazing.. I didn't know that.

I am so making this in the game... coming in next build :eek: :D

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
That's.. wow... that's amazing.. I didn't know that.

I am so making this in the game... coming in next build :eek: :D

If you're curious, there's a fairly complete list of the various graffiti quotes that have been translated that's pretty easy to find via google. It's definitely worth a look.

George Harris

Jul 8, 2018
If you're curious, there's a fairly complete list of the various graffiti quotes that have been translated that's pretty easy to find via google. It's definitely worth a look.

THANK YOU! never saw it before, this is freaking amazing!

kingofbrocoli

Sep 24, 2017
Short rundown of this master piece
unreal 4 engine trainer game based in ancient Rome with 5 minutes of content. There seems to be 3 possible sex scenes but 2 are locked behind a 15$ patron version. During this experience the game ran like shit (that could be me tho).
I don´t really care if this is an asset flip but come on.