Embry X-Pack Wish List

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I think, though, you meant to say would the parents raise the NPC's kids. I actually meant to say the NPC in question would raise said kid.

Yeah, except that kind of makes people who are with Embry feel like there's another true love out there for her, which is a total downer.

Yep, the first one was a derp on my part, but at least now we know more about how you envision Embry's parents. And I must say, I wouldn't have expected such high level of responsibility from some random Texan/rusher/Rask.

It's up to you, of course, but I can't think of why having an option to help Embry find someone else would be a downer. PC may want to be just friends with her, or decide that they can't live up to her monogamous expectations and that helping her find another good person would be for the best. Alternatively, they could decide to try really hard to convert her to polyamory and start her relationship with one of their other love interests.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
PC may want to be just friends with her, or decide that they can't live up to her monogamous expectations and that helping her find another good person would be for the best.

Unsure if you know or not that you can state you're polyamorous to her and her being completely fine and still loving you. If not, then yeah, what I just said. If so, then there's no fear of not living up to expectations.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Unsure if you know or not that you can state you're polyamorous to her and her being completely fine and still loving you. If not, then yeah, what I just said. If so, then there's no fear of not living up to expectations.

I'm aware, since I've tried all of her options avaliable in the current public build, and polyamory is the answer I chose to stick with on my main save file. However I personally felt that at that point she's too hang up you and will pretend/try to be okay with everything just to be with you. Even if that's totally not what Jim intended or what most people get from that scene, my other points still stand.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Personally, I'd ask 'how is it fair for Steele to get multiple true loves and Embry to be restricted to only one?' Even that assumes that Embry/whoever actually have a romance, rather than just a one-time fling or a 'friends with benefits' relationship. Also, I'm sure some female Steeles would like the option to get a sperm donor, rather than having to graft a dick on. 

Is it really such a chore to grow a dick for a day? Though I suppose there could be some kind of Deus ex Machina fempregnation syringe for knocking Embry up with female Steele's DNA.

I was planning to make the prerequisite for having Embry as a ship companion being that you've finished the romance and transition paths. It's literally twice the amount of writing and coding to have every onboard scenario have a 'Friends Embry' (Let's call her Frienbry!) variant. I mean, for every pregnancy message, I'd have to have a non lovey-dovey version, or make the dialogue really generic so it could go both ways. I've been there, man. The Bess War, 2014, Tarkus Surface. I saw things.

As for Embry having other OTPs, I'm still frowny face over Garrus and Tali. ;_; MY OTP.

However I personally felt that at that point she's too hang up you and will pretend/try to be okay with everything just to be with you. 

I plead the fifth.

Eva

Sep 14, 2015
Is it really such a chore to grow a dick for a day?

Ask Saendra. Alternately, ask Embry if she'd like to have to be a guy for a day, even if she could for-sure change back into a girl afterwards. Gender is weird

Quote said:
I personally felt that at that point she's too hang up you and will pretend/try to be okay with everything just to be with you. 
 If this is actually the case, it'd be nice to have some options later on - either trying to help her with adjusting to having a poly partner, or becoming exclusive with her. 

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Double-Ended dildo funtimes

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015

Ask Saendra. Alternately, ask Embry if she'd like to have to be a guy for a day, even if she could for-sure change back into a girl afterwards. Gender is weird

If this is actually the case, it'd be nice to have some options later on - either trying to help her with adjusting to having a poly partner, or becoming exclusive with her. 
Can't just "for a day" with her. The whole point of the transition "quest" was that you had to give her butt-tons of money for expensive treatments because her species is stupidly resistant to any genetic change. Also, it's very mean, rude, and hurtful to suggest even temporarily reversing herself to a state she was uncomfortable with.

On off-hand, though, there's a way for her not to lose her penis if you say you don't mind it. This is completely her choice, though, and you don't pressure her or even say you want to keep it. It's an off-hand remark and she runs with it.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Can't just "for a day" with her. The whole point of the transition "quest" was that you had to give her butt-tons of money for expensive treatments because her species is stupidly resistant to any genetic change. Also, it's very mean, rude, and hurtful to suggest even temporarily reversing herself to a state she was uncomfortable with.

Simii having ridiculous levels of gene-moding resistance is a major plot point and possibly one of the reasons they are 'behind the times', so to speak. However Embry being super uncomfortable with having a penis isn't a given. She is adamant about her gender, but chooses to let her penis be if it's to PC's liking. I'm not sure if she'll ever be comfortable with using it on anybody, but if she will at some point... Dad Embry, anyone?

Edit: Saen ends up liking her new equipment if she ever gets it, and convincing her is a matter of trust, so maybe not the best example. But since we are talking primarily about the players, having a neutral option can be quite useful.

Eva

Sep 14, 2015
It's very mean, rude, and hurtful to suggest even temporarily reversing herself to a state she was uncomfortable with.

And for some Steeles, recommending that they 'just graft on a dick for a day' is equally mean, rude and hurtful. That's exactly the point that I'm making, here.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Simii having ridiculous levels of gene-moding tolerance is a major plot point and possibly one of the reasons they are 'behind the times', so to speak. However Embry being super uncomfortable with having a penis isn't a given. She is adamant about her gender, but chooses to let her penis be if it's to PC's liking. I'm not sure if she'll ever be comfortable with using it on anybody, but if she will at some point... Dad Embry, anyone?

Didn't say "super" uncomfortable, just uncomfortable enough to want to be in another body. But on topic of tolerance and penis giving, would the Synth Sheath work on a simii?

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015

Point taken. Probably why I'll go with the Deus Ex solution.

Yeah, that uncomfortableness is bound to come up with characters like Anno on the ship, as mentioned earlier. Being okay in theory is one thing. Being 100% okay in practice is another thing entirely.

... Dad Embry, anyone?

You tryin' to kill me?

Eva

Sep 14, 2015
Yeah, that uncomfortableness is bound to come up with characters like Anno on the ship, as mentioned earlier. Being okay in theory is one thing. Being 100% okay in practice is another thing entirely.

The course of true love never did run smooth. Hopefully with enough work it'll all turn out for the best. 

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
 But on topic of tolerance and penis giving, would the Synth Sheath work on a simii?

Probably not since it, at least on some level, uses genetic manipulation to prevent major side-effects.

You tryin' to kill me?

...No? Just fling ideas around looking at what'll stick. Sorry if this particular idea was especially bad for some reason.

The course of true love never did run smooth. Hopefully with enough work it'll all turn out for the best. 

Amen.

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Oh-kay...gotta rethink this whole thing. Spess babies aren't allowed on spess ships, says Fenfen. My bad. Shoulda seen that one coming.

Pregophile friendly Embry only works if she stays on Space Station. Buuuut a lot of the other content only works with Ship Companion Embutts. Back to the drawing board!

E: Bouncing back. Already got a solution figured. 

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Public use + chastity/orgasm denial, hnnng.

Do your belts come with very weak vibrators?

@easykiln below me: Yeah have you planned any maid play?

easykiln

Sep 10, 2015
oh i forgot. please let me make embry my maid. I am poor because unemployed rn but i can probably cover the bust fee?

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Oh-kay...gotta rethink this whole thing. Spess babies aren't allowed on spess ships, says Fenfen. My bad. Shoulda seen that one coming.

Pregophile friendly Embry only works if she stays on Space Station. Buuuut a lot of the other content only works with Ship Companion Embutts. Back to the drawing board!

E: Bouncing back. Already got a solution figured. 

I would imagine that for the first couple of ships having kids on it would be impractical since you'd be tripping over children all day. I mean the first ship only has space for 3 people, not 3 people and 4 children! The Capital ship I can see having like a nursery on board for temporary child storage, but that's the only ship with that ability likely (And even then I doubt Fen would add that to the ship).

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Gotta rethink this whole thing. Kids aren't allowed on spess ships, apparently, which makes up a large part of my planned Embruh content. >_>

Is it because of the future space content and space raids that practically put your children in danger the reason that Fen doesn't want kids on the ship, or is it simply to much shit and variables to code for that to work?

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Is it because of the future space content and space raids that practically put your children in danger the reason that Fen doesn't want kids on the ship, or is it simply to much shit and variables to code for that to work?

Yes.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Just work on pregnancy stuff last.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Please do a double-dildo scene, that was one of my favorite scenes in CoC [with Rubi] and I'd love to get it to such fun with spess primate waifu.

Dormane

Sep 2, 2015
About the no-kids on space ship thing, maybe move her to a apartment on tavros after she gives birth? Steele could even spend credits on how nice/big the apartment would be + the option of moving her to nicer apartment later. Steele could even spend the night at her place. It would also give an opportunity for the embry other-father thing, as it makes more sense for johns to becoming to embry's place and not onto steele's ship. The only problem is that some players would be upset they cant have both embry as a shipmate + preg content.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
About the no-kids on space ship thing, maybe move her to a apartment on tavros after she gives birth? Steele could even spend credits on how nice/big the apartment would be + the option of moving her to nicer apartment later. Steele could even spend the night at her place. It would also give an opportunity for the embry other-father thing, as it makes more sense for johns to becoming to embry's place and not onto steele's ship. The only problem is that some players would be upset they cant have both embry as a shipmate + preg content.

Someone would need to write the residential floor for tavros first.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Considering all the rooms Jim made for Mhenga I dont think Jim would have a problem if he was given permission from Fenoxo.

I think it would more matter of actualy putting needed code to give acces to more than 2 floors at Tavros (well 3 if we count temporal Saen Quest case). Well even now merchant floor isn't so as it have totaly non merchant places too. So after new floor show up it's possible some places will be moved.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
I think it would more matter of actualy putting needed code to give acces to more than 2 floors at Tavros (well 3 if we count temporal Saen Quest case). Well even now merchant floor isn't so as it have totaly non merchant places too. So after new floor show up it's possible some places will be moved.

And probably give the merchant actual schedules, rather than staying at their shops, selling products, awake for 24 hours a day.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
While that would be more realistic, it would also be irritating as hell.  It's already annoying when Xenogen on Mhen'ga does it, though I suppose that also sets precedence.