Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py - Version 0.2.42]

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Well, if she doesn't start innocent, there won't be anywhere to go for those who want to make her less so. ;)

@Hizor - Like I said, main issue is that is has completely borked the galleries. Instead of showing a 3x3 grid, it is currently just showing one CG in a random place, so trying to sort that out.

In a sense there is a lot of content (a whole training system), but not much otherwise as that has been taking up all my time. It has caused me to realize I need a bit of help for when I have to spend all my time on other aspects of the game though, so I'm bringing in a second writer from around these parts to help out. :)

Yron Vol

Aug 26, 2016
While things have been a bit quiet, work is still continuing. Here's a little teaser of the coding going on at the mo. :)

I have to say I look forward to playing around with this part of the game. Some questions:
- Do you have to commit to one character to "train" or can you mess around with mutiple? (I understand funding is a limitiation initially, but game-design wise I'm curious)
- How will acquiring new clothing work? Will the character need specific stats to wear them?
- Will all characters work with the same stats or will some have specific trees (for lack of a better word)?

Anyway, great stuff. Look forward to your next release.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Answers in corresponding order :) -

- You can mess around with multiple. Basically you visit them, and schedule what they will do for the week, so you can visit as many or as few as you like. Hoping to also have some interconnectivity between characters when scheduling, ie if they work together, they build affinity, something like that, but still thinking on that front as we've talked about elsewhere. 

- Mix of different ways, you'll be able to buy outfits from stores (using funds raised via slave training, not player gold, and perhaps for harder to acquire outfits, extra materials that must be acquired elsewhere), you'll obtain some through quests, achievements, and there will be stat based ones, but they will be unlocked by reaching that stat (maintaining it won't be required).

- Definitely going to be unique stats for other core NPCs, as well as different jobs, and other things to distinguish them from each other. 

Yron Vol

Aug 26, 2016
Answers in corresponding order :) -

- You can mess around with multiple. Basically you visit them, and schedule what they will do for the week, so you can visit as many or as few as you like. Hoping to also have some interconnectivity between characters when scheduling, ie if they work together, they build affinity, something like that, but still thinking on that front as we've talked about elsewhere. 

- Mix of different ways, you'll be able to buy outfits from stores (using funds raised via slave training, not player gold, and perhaps for harder to acquire outfits, extra materials that must be acquired elsewhere), you'll obtain some through quests, achievements, and there will be stat based ones, but they will be unlocked by reaching that stat (maintaining it won't be required).

- Definitely going to be unique stats for other core NPCs, as well as different jobs, and other things to distinguish them from each other. 

Thanks for the answers, it a;; sounds good to me. I especially like the unique stats, as it would be pretty boring if you had to play the same game with everyone (not to mention it flattens the characters). How many characters are you planning to work with initially?

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
How many characters are you planning to work with initially?

Ideally, six; Alexia, plus the five other heroes that were in Rowan's party when he defeated the last Demon Lord.

Some general news - There'll be a new public release in three to four weeks that'll serve as an introduction to the castle and how it works, which will also feature new characters, and the beginning of Alexia's training. I also brought Dark Master on board to help out a bit, and at the moment we are working together to try and make the event phase a bit more interactive, so you'll be seeing some news on that soon.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
I'll just stick to testing & reviewing then. ^.^ 

And updating the various posts on different forums when you release new versions. 

I'll be looking forward to the new version then.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
I think I'll wait till there's a male to train.  I just don't have any interest in turning chicks into depraved sex fiends, sadly.  Still, for those of you who are into the females, I am interested in just how depraved you can get them so I know what to look forward to with the dudes.

Wolfboy

Oct 11, 2016
I think I'll wait till there's a male to train.  I just don't have any interest in turning chicks into depraved sex fiends.

You could turn me into a sex craved fiend. ;)

Also hello I saw this game on futanari palace and decided to go looking for more info on it and found this site. I saw that it was going to have more M/M so i wanted to follow it further. Keep up the good work man

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
You could turn me into a sex craved fiend. ;)

Also hello I saw this game on futanari palace and decided to go looking for more info on it and found this site. I saw that it was going to have more M/M so i wanted to follow it further. Keep up the good work man

Tempting, but I'm a bottom, so I'm mostly interested in being turned into one, lol.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Hows the game coming along? 

Anything to share with us? What have you been working on recently?

SideNote: I'm also starting work on a game using Ren'py as well. Going to be a while before you hear anything about it however. 

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Hows the game coming along? 

Anything to share with us? What have you been working on recently?

DM is currently working on coding the map, while I'm finishing up the dialogue for the next release. Have attached some of the tiles I've gotten back so far that'll be used for the world.

Happy to hear you are working on your own thing, look forward to hearing about it when you are ready. :)

Tiles wip.png

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
I really like the idea of using Icons for roaming around that will be very nice as opposed to the whole explore random thing.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Been keeping track of your posts on patreon, and it seems you've gotten a long way so far.
So is a version release in sight or are you going to wait till you have more content or finish the castle system?

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Been keeping track of your posts on patreon, and it seems you've gotten a long way so far.
So is a version release in sight or are you going to wait till you have more content or finish the castle system?

Getting there now. Hoping to have the new version out to the backers in two weeks.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
So, a public release in about 4 weeks then?
I'll definitely be looking forward to that. ^.^

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
So, a public release in about 4 weeks then?
I'll definitely be looking forward to that. ^.^

That's what I am aiming for, and it will be the largest release yet. In addition to the map and castle systems, there's a bunch of new story scenes, as well an introduction to capturing villages, and one (possibly two) new sex scenes (although art for these won't be added until a later date due to budget).

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Great! can't wait to see all the new stuff! Can you tell us what has been added to the next version?
Has the castle been finished?

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Hey Hiz,

I'll post the release notes below to give you an idea, but in regards to the castle - all the coding has been done but we decided to keep the features behind the scenes until the tutorial is ready. The next release (which hopefully will be done in a month or so) will have introductory scenes for the building function, the new research system, and introduce the player to the castle's shopkeeper.

- New map exploration system added.

- Castle management completely overhauled to improve the strategy elements.

- A number of new scenes added to introduce the player to the castle and explain their role in the game.

- Two new sex scenes.

- Three new world events.

- Slave training has moved to the bonus menu to be developed later as a subgame.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Okay guys, link for new version is up in the first post. You'll have to start a new game, as old saves will most likely crash the game. Enjoy. :)

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
This release is the first one that includes my writing. I think almost all of the new written content is mine.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Sweet I'll be sure to look out for grammar and spelling errors then as I play test it. XD
I should have a review by the end of the day.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
The writing was good with no errors that I saw. Very well done.
I see the Nice Time for Roo found its way in and that was interesting to say the least, will it be added on to?
As for the reunion scene after Rowan climbs was really good. Liked that a CG was made for that, but when Andras walked in did he not notice the broken window?

The exploration system was better than what I was expecting very well done, though I do suggest mapping the movement's to the arrow keys or WASD.
The choice at the village was a good one and really builds up anger for the two twins.
It was short but a very good update that shows just how much better this game will become. Keep it up.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
The writing was good with no errors that I saw. Very well done.
I see the Nice Time for Roo found its way in and that was interesting to say the least, will it be added on to?
As for the reunion scene after Rowan climbs was really good. Liked that a CG was made for that, but when Andras walked in did he not notice the broken window?

The exploration system was better than what I was expecting very well done, though I do suggest mapping the movement's to the arrow keys or WASD.
The choice at the village was a good one and really builds up anger for the two twins.
It was short but a very good update that shows just how much better this game will become. Keep it up.
Thanks. I already did some cleanup work, but I suspect there will be a lot more to do. The game's past tense is really messing with me.

There are plans for more Nice Time for Roo, though I can't really say more than that right now.

Rowan only broke the lock on the window, you wouldn't notice that unless you tried to use the lock or closely inspected the window.

Since the game is currently controlled with the mouse, that's the main thing that the map controls need to work with. If there is going to be a keyboard option, you're probably looking at qweasd for controls, as you have 6 directional movement.

Glad to hear you liked the design for the choices and way I've been taking the story.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
So have you been put completely in charge of story?
Yeah, Qweasd would need to be mapped. I know you can program the keyboard mapping in Ren'py since I too also use the engine.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
So have you been put completely in charge of story?
Yeah, Qweasd would need to be mapped. I know you can program the keyboard mapping in Ren'py since I too also use the engine.
I'm primarily contracted to do the writing. I'm not in charge, just doing all of it. I also designed and coded the new map system, though I'm probably not going to do much design and coding going forward except for new large and complicated systems.

Chris_

Dec 7, 2016
It has an interesting story and a nice writing. But before playing I thought that the direction that the protagonist would follow would be different, I believed he would become something like a demon hunter and evil forces or something.
And that by his experiences and the loss of his wife palas hands of the demons, would have hardened his heart and goodness ... but anyhow it is an admirable drama. I like, congrats for the good work.