Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py - Version 0.2.42]

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
The newest version on the front page (0.2.03) now has QWE-ASD map navigation. :)

Thanks man. it will make this more enjoyable.

Great job so far guys, also I was wondering. Who else will we be able to capture and 'train' since the dungeons are there for something.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Great job so far guys, also I was wondering. Who else will we be able to capture and 'train' since the dungeons are there for something.

The other five heroes definitely. Probably will be more as well, DM and I will just have to play with the balancing first before we can make any decisions though.

Oct 25, 2016
Jeeeeeeeeesus H Christ the art in this thing is gorgeous. Easily AAA quality.
I'm personally not so fond of the storyline, but the excellent writing and fantastic visuals still sucked me in.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Jeeeeeeeeesus H Christ the art in this thing is gorgeous. Easily AAA quality.
I'm personally not so fond of the storyline, but the excellent writing and fantastic visuals still sucked me in.

Thanks, I'm really proud of the artists I've been lucky enough to get to work on the game, I think they all do a great job. :)

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Since I know there's a lot of goblin fans around these parts, I thought I'd share our latest character, arriving in the next version release, Cla-Min. She's being written by DM, who I'm sure most of you know also wrote Lumi the alchemist. :)

1210602113152344203.jpg

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Since I know there's a lot of goblin fans around these parts, I thought I'd share our latest character, arriving in the next version release, Cla-Min. She's being written by DM, who I'm sure most of you know also wrote Lumi the alchemist. :)

1210602113152344203.jpg

........This is a character I am looking forward to.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark

1210602113152344203.jpg

Oh my, she's just so cute.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
That's good. I look forward to playing it and reviewing it. I've been wanting do something like this for a while now.

Will you also, post a changelog of what has been altered?

Last edited:

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Will you also, post a changelog of what has been altered?

Sure, here's what the release notes say:

- You can now play until the end of week 12
- Over 20 new events
- Building (throne room) and research (library) now available starting in week 4
- 6 new characters added (3 of which are optional)
- 2 new sex scenes (one MxM, and the game's first FxF)
- 3 CGs added to the Andras x Alexia scene
- Fancy new map GUI
- Placeholder river tiles replaced with proper ones

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Sure, here's what the release notes say:

Whoa, I'll really be looking forward to this release then. Seems like a lot of content has been added. As for the new characters has anything been added for them besides recruiting them?

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Whoa, I'll really be looking forward to this release then. Seems like a lot of content has been added. As for the new characters has anything been added for them besides recruiting them?
Some of them are used in a few scenes. None of them have sex scenes right now.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Some of them are used in a few scenes. None of them have sex scenes right now.
Okay, but there is content for them. Like conversations and such? Okay. I'm more interested in the story progression and seeing that the story doesn't veer off.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Okay, but there is content for them. Like conversations and such? Okay. I'm more interested in the story progression and seeing that the story doesn't veer off.
Right now they're used as supporting characters during other scenes. For example, one of the new scenes is Rowan talking to Cla-Min (the goblin above) about goblins in general and current events.

The plan is currently to keep the story fairly decentralized. Lots of small stories going on with a little bit of main story tying things together. You're set a task by the twins which you have to accomplish, but where you go and what you deal with to accomplish that task is up to you. Think of it a bit like an RPG where you're given a month to earn exp and gold from side quests and then have to do a major fixed story quest at the end of the month. Repeat a few more times before the game ends. I can't really give specifics since we don't know exactly how the game is going to end up working yet, nor am I in charge of the final decisions.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Seems like a lot of content has been added.

With DM being on board, and most of the major systems now being implemented, this release is more indicative of what content addition will be like in future versions. There are still going to be months later in development when we have to focus on adding the remaining planned features (job system, battle system, etc.), but for the most part we'll be adding a bunch of new events and scenes every month from now on.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Wait, I thought that a battle system wasn't going to be implemented?

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Oh, okay. Like stage by stage decisions?

Bit early to say, but I'd like to make it a something like a tactical card game. You'd have a list of units you could use for attack or defence devised from the characters, monsters, and battalions you have recruited over the course of the game, and the enemy would have their own, representing the kingdoms forces and heroes. Each turn you'd choose which to use; some would do more damage against others, some would counter, etc. Haven't put a lot of development work into it as it will be a while before it is needed, but we'll see.

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016

1210602113152344203.jpg
I have a question if you don't mind me asking, well 2... well 3 if you count this one!
Will there be dragons in the future?
If the above answer is yes, will they be actual sentient beings or just the bestial kind? -fingers cross for the hyper-intelligent killing machine that you don't want to piss off-

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
I have a question if you don't mind me asking, well 2... well 3 if you count this one!
Will there be dragons in the future?
If the above answer is yes, will they be actual sentient beings or just the bestial kind? -fingers cross for the hyper-intelligent killing machine that you don't want to piss off-

There will be dragons, and there will be both kinds. The older ones, born before their god, Araug, was corrupted by chaos, will be intelligent, while the younger ones will be bestial.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
A tactical card game. Kinda reminds me of Witcher 3's Gwent in a way.
Though that's not a bad idea.
Dragon's huh? I'm going to assume they'll be some content for those with a dragon fetish then?

So what are your plans for the story so far have you thought out how it's going to progress to the end, or are you kinda making it up as you go? Sometimes when I make a story I plan out keypoints in the story, and I'll make it up as I go to progress to each keypoint.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
So what are your plans for the story so far have you thought out how it's going to progress to the end, or are you kinda making it up as you go? Sometimes when I make a story I plan out keypoints in the story, and I'll make it up as I go to progress to each keypoint.
The main story stuff is related to the main goals you're set, as well as the scenes when you complete one mission and are given another. The first ones are very structured and will have story events tied to the tasks, while the plan is for the later ones to be to do one of several options (recruit a new race or infiltrate some of the capital cities).

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
There will be dragons, and there will be both kinds. The older ones, born before their god, Araug, was corrupted by chaos, will be intelligent, while the younger ones will be bestial.
I Araung a dragon god? I just need to know if i need to update my list of dragon gods.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
New version is now available in the first post, enjoy. :)

Well the new system is interessting, but I have some questions x_x

First, is it normal that the the Alexia/Andra scene is skipped? (I activated Nice Time for Roo scenes..)
Then, when I have to chose what to research I can't see the names of the topics, is this a bug or a problem with my system?

Lastly, I find it strange that the new sex-scenes are not unlocked in the replay mode (even if they do't have CGs yet..)

Anyways, even with these problems I have to say that I'm enjoying it ^_^

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Well the new system is interessting, but I have some questions x_x

First, is it normal that the the Alexia/Andra scene is skipped? (I activated Nice Time for Roo scenes..)
Then, when I have to chose what to research I can't see the names of the topics, is this a bug or a problem with my system?

Lastly, I find it strange that the new sex-scenes are not unlocked in the replay mode (even if they do't have CGs yet..)

Anyways, even with these problems I have to say that I'm enjoying it ^_^
1) Did you go to visit Alexia? If you did, you have to have had sex with one of the twins and tell her about it in order to trigger the Alexia/Andras scene.

2) Can you post a screenshot?

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
1) Did you go to visit Alexia? If you did, you have to have had sex with one of the twins and tell her about it in order to trigger the Alexia/Andras scene.

2) Can you post a screenshot?

Ah, I will try that again ^^'

and I have added the screen-shot =)

Attachments

• research.jpg
    research.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 38