Your Gripes With CoC2

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
It is also him wanting to fuck Brienne and Kiyoko that gets to people. And since he is a dude, it is can be seen as a threat

Arona and her "I would collar Brienne if I could" companion talk doesn't get as much, if any, scorn in comparison.

It could also be that we can turn Arona into our bitch, while our only options are to become Quins in some of his scenes. So maybe it is also that. If we only had Dom Arona that doesn't bottom, I think that would be somewhat more comparable.

Last edited:

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I'm neutral on him. He used to be one of my faves until I realized the way Bubbles intended to write him and how I read him were completely different.
Oh. Well, the way I see Quin is that he is just a dude. Maybe with some internilized biphobia and tad to gun-ho with his magic, but a fun one non the less. That simplicity did get muddy (Family legacy, Tollus connections, His statue magic and assasin training) but overall I liked him.

I am not sure how Bubs seen him, but death of the author and all that.

As I said, as long as Birbs delivers with his anal content and I do not need to be his lover to access it (which was apperently something Bubbles wanted to), I will be happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: valk42

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Oh. Well, the way I see Quin is that he is just a dude. A little misoginistyc, with some internilized biphobia and tad to guh-ho with his magic, but a fun one non the less. That simplicity did get muddy (Family legacy, Tollus connections, His statue magic and assasin training) but overall I liked him.

I am not sure how Bubs seen him, but death of the author and all that.
Well, I always saw Quin as a casanova wannabe rather than an actual playboy like Bubbles wanted to portray him. I suppose I just can't imagine Quin being charismatic and wooing someone up. But that's mostly a "me" thing.

Reactions: waterpanther7

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Well, I always saw Quin as a casanova wannabe rather than an actual playboy like Bubbles wanted to portray him. I suppose I just can't imagine Quin being charismatic and wooing someone up. But that's mostly a "me" thing.
I mean he is a playboy with him being a bunny boy. But if that is how Quin was supposed to be sean, I do not see it. As you said, his attempts at flirtation and his general character come off as to dorky. Not that dorks can not be playboyish when time comes, but my man fumbled the bag with Cait of all people.

He is fun to tease though.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
I mean he is a playboy with him being a bunny boy. But if that is how Quin was supposed to be sean, I do not see it. As you said, his attempts at flirtation and his general character come off as to dorky.
I mean, yeah. You want to casualy top him, which Bubble wanted to be a dedicated one-off scene. Inherently contradictary opinions. Which is fine, it's just hard to implement both at the same time.

• Wow
Reactions: Karakara

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I mean, yeah. You want to casualy top him, which Bubble wanted to be a dedicated one-off scene. Inherently contradictary opinions. Which is fine, it's just hard to implement both at the same time.
...what? Why make it an one of scene? What was the logic behind it. That would have made the people with interest in Quin bottoming content like me miffled at least.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
girlfriend is weird

wedding night
...what? That makes even less sense. "Oh, honey, for our special night, how about I be the bottom this time."

-- Hot steamy night proceeds --

"Wow, Quin, that was amazing!"

"Yeah, it was. I know how much this meant for you. And we are not doing it ever again!"

That is silly, I tell you!

Last edited:

D'Angelo

Nov 20, 2020
Oh you have NO idea. This is still one of my favorite posts of all time from this Forum.
I knew which post you were talking about before I clicked the link. That whole thing truly is a gem of this forum.

Simple solution turn Quin into a woman.
Agreed 100%. But I have some sympathy for the male loving players, he is the last man standing, so maybe that would be too much. Still quite funny in my opinion, if you could turn all your companions into girls.

Reactions: SmithEK

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Quin still suffers from the same problem that he always suffers from. He almost works. Quin is a his most interesting when the story leans towards his past as an ex-cult member. However, what little snippets that are available (Getting into the Closet/Winter Wolf) is completely optional. His and Cait's relationship is also a point of interest, but outside of a few scenes it rarely comes up. Quin really needs a quest where his past comes back to haunt him such as cultist demon who was a jilted lover, or maybe Quin had more of a hand in Calla's kidnapping than he let on. Just something.

Additionally, he is just not that great mechanically. His initial set is ok but quickly gets outclassed by Azzy and Cait. And in one of the most baffling decisions of COC II, his new set is a tank that he gets from training with Atugia. WHY? Quin and Atugia has little connection with eachother. Why wouldn't it be something with Quin and Cait? And Quin already has a past as a noble, with the talons, and as a cult member. Why doesn't he have combat sets that reflect that???

That or they could just turn him into a woman. Just saying.

The Quin Conspiracy

Reactions: SmithEK

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Additionally, he is just not that great mechanically. His initial set is ok but quickly gets outclassed by Azzy and Cait. And in one of the most baffling decisions of COC II, his new set is a tank that he gets from training with Atugia. WHY? Quin and Atugia has little connection with eachother. Why wouldn't it be something with Quin and Cait? And Quin already has a past as a noble, with the talons, and as a cult member. Why doesn't he have combat sets that reflect that???
Nah, Hopknight Quin rocks actually. Definitely the best tank after Arena Brint. And I see nothing wrong with the companions just randomly interacting with one another, all companions should have scenes like that tbh. Things like Arona going to Viv because she's afraid of ghosts is super charming, there should be more.

Reactions: Kesil and valk42

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
It also doesn't help his case that he'd use his lust magic on people, without their knowledge, and you kinda just... ignore it?
I remember that this happened once, in a scene which was not written by BubbleLord, and when it was discussed on the forums previously BubbleLord popped in to say that it was out of character or something like that. I may be misremembering though.

TalRasha

Mar 14, 2023
Ok, here goes nothing:
My gripe is the power dynamics is comically one-sided: in this game PC can get brainwashed, mindcontrolled, mindwiped, TF'ed, brutally pounded, asphyxiated, trained, pleasured corrupted, and forced into marriage. PC can do none of these things back. Well, except (independently written) Milly.
My gripe is the corruption continues to be nothing that matters for anybody. I thought back then and still think now, with how poor and nothing corrupted hive is and how still nonexistent corrupted marefolk is. Why would anybody ever pick that? But i have to admit - dark dragonsblood is pretty good. Other corruption things? Meh.
Bear with me a millisec, lads & lassies, i'll try to elaborate. Looking ahead, I'll say: "Yes, i know about "not-my-power-fantasy" take". Yet still:
I'm this guys, who's all about good roots/endings for most games. When I played CoC1 this was my first playthrough. But the second one? CoC1 made it fun to be a corrupted hedonistic sexual behemot that dragged others down to your level with a corrupted sexual energy so radiant that even demons were blinded and, in the end of the day, bow before your line of thinking. Surely Fenoxo team doesn't have to copy corruption 1 to 1. And yet there's like 3 types of corruption in the game, there is all kinds of ways to lower your corruption, very good weapons that work with low corruption, and Ring of Fate that halves your corruption while locking you to at most 99, but! There's nothing really to corrupt you at all.
It can't be TF's as the TF capabilities in this game by nature of being streamlined require less use which corresponds to less corruption. We're not taking tons of TF's that cause corruption, we're taking a few and now we have our PC's appearance.
There aren't many events that would trade an action for corruption. There's nothing like the woods and deepwoods corrupted fauna. There are very, very few items that apply corruption and they're one time only. Additionally the corrupt items are generally…dull. Tarnished, if you will. Like comparing Swordsoul to Deflection or the helmet that requires very high corruption for, still at this point in the game, very middling defensive boosts. In CoC1 you could hang between mid-high corruption and ride the lightning of both worlds with a rather precarious balancing act which is absent here.
In this game the corrupt options overwhelmingly give a worse reward or simply locks me out of content.
There's all kinds of reasons to stay pure and negative reason to be corrupt.
Bear with me another millisec: this whole sheet of text is not about "hurr durr CoC1>CoC2", absolutely fсking not, CoC2 is good, i do like this game. It's all about the possibilities, the inner conflict so to say. What choice should I make if the other side offers nothing? It's like corruption exist somewhere in the background, almost without touching PC. There hasn't been a moment in this game where I would really think: maybe I should let this happen, corrupt him/her/them for this juicy bonus? There is no temptation.
Again, CoC2 is not a bad game, quite the contrary, and I wish the Fenoxo team every success. But you asked about my gripes - there it is.

Aurore

Oct 23, 2020
Brazil
Ok, here goes nothing:
My gripe is the power dynamics is comically one-sided: in this game PC can get brainwashed, mindcontrolled, mindwiped, TF'ed, brutally pounded, asphyxiated, trained, pleasured corrupted, and forced into marriage. PC can do none of these things back. Well, except (independently written) Milly.
My gripe is the corruption continues to be nothing that matters for anybody. I thought back then and still think now, with how poor and nothing corrupted hive is and how still nonexistent corrupted marefolk is. Why would anybody ever pick that? But i have to admit - dark dragonsblood is pretty good. Other corruption things? Meh.
Bear with me a millisec, lads & lassies, i'll try to elaborate. Looking ahead, I'll say: "Yes, i know about "not-my-power-fantasy" take". Yet still:
I'm this guys, who's all about good roots/endings for most games. When I played CoC1 this was my first playthrough. But the second one? CoC1 made it fun to be a corrupted hedonistic sexual behemot that dragged others down to your level with a corrupted sexual energy so radiant that even demons were blinded and, in the end of the day, bow before your line of thinking. Surely Fenoxo team doesn't have to copy corruption 1 to 1. And yet there's like 3 types of corruption in the game, there is all kinds of ways to lower your corruption, very good weapons that work with low corruption, and Ring of Fate that halves your corruption while locking you to at most 99, but! There's nothing really to corrupt you at all.
It can't be TF's as the TF capabilities in this game by nature of being streamlined require less use which corresponds to less corruption. We're not taking tons of TF's that cause corruption, we're taking a few and now we have our PC's appearance.
There aren't many events that would trade an action for corruption. There's nothing like the woods and deepwoods corrupted fauna. There are very, very few items that apply corruption and they're one time only. Additionally the corrupt items are generally…dull. Tarnished, if you will. Like comparing Swordsoul to Deflection or the helmet that requires very high corruption for, still at this point in the game, very middling defensive boosts. In CoC1 you could hang between mid-high corruption and ride the lightning of both worlds with a rather precarious balancing act which is absent here.
In this game the corrupt options overwhelmingly give a worse reward or simply locks me out of content.
There's all kinds of reasons to stay pure and negative reason to be corrupt.
Bear with me another millisec: this whole sheet of text is not about "hurr durr CoC1>CoC2", absolutely fсking not, CoC2 is good, i do like this game. It's all about the possibilities, the inner conflict so to say. What choice should I make if the other side offers nothing? It's like corruption exist somewhere in the background, almost without touching PC. There hasn't been a moment in this game where I would really think: maybe I should let this happen, corrupt him/her/them for this juicy bonus? There is no temptation.
Again, CoC2 is not a bad game, quite the contrary, and I wish the Fenoxo team every success. But you asked about my gripes - there it is.
I agree with everything you said. There really is something missing to attract people to a corrupted route (besides content).

The fun of doing evil in games should be a quicker reward than a pure route, or make the reward more tempting.

And to be honest, I don't think we'll see any of that here. Corrupted content has been left aside for a long time, and I don't see that changing in the future, unfortunately.

Reactions: TalRasha

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
A simple solution like owning or gathering slaves would also do the trick. Either us buying it from market place or catching our own. Breaking them down until they are your willing pleasure concubines.