Your Gripes With CoC2

Itachun

Apr 1, 2021
You have probably heard this before, but the writers and general audience are not into really writing male content.

Also, calling girls and fem presenting guys "bitches" does not really bode well when presenting your case.
They call em worse things in game, like sluts and stuff all the time. So I don't see the problem.

Besides, I am merely stating my opinion, so it's pointless to argue.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
It is the way it was phrased. In game, it is mostly used in a playfull manner, not as a deragitoty term. Any deviation from that is said by the bad guys or in rape scenes. Which is how it was presented in the post I was replying to.

Plus, any opinion posted here can be commented on. Not saying that what you are saying is not valid, but unless you are willing to commision some of the writers or write it yourself (like I am doing), guys will ever be but something to spruce up updates rather then main selling point.

Itachun

Apr 1, 2021
It is the way it was phrased. In game, it is mostly used in a playfull manner, not as a deragitoty term. Any deviation from that is said by the bad guys or in rape scenes. Which is how it was presented in the post I was replying to.

Plus, any opinion posted here can be commented on. Not saying that what you are saying is not valid, but unless you are willing to commision some of the writers or write it yourself (like I am doing), guys will ever be but something to spruce up updates rather then main selling point.
Well, it wasn't meant in a bad way when I typed it either.

I would, but I don't even know if my writing would be up to scratch. They have a lot of good writers.
As for commissioning, can you even actually do that?

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra

I would, but I don't even know if my writing would be up to scratch. They have a lot of good writers.
You're entitled to your preferences and I'm not trying to shit on them. I get being frustrated but when you imply that men aren't men because they happen to be feminine that really comes across as judgmental and frankly offensive. This isn't the first time you have done this either. You can express your frustration without shitting on what other people are into or implying that stereotypical manliness is a requirement for being male. That being said, as somebody who's into both kinds of guys I get it and you're right that this game doesn't really give male characters the attention they deserves, especially ones of a more masculine nature. I'm also not speaking in pure numbers here but in how developed they are compared to non male characters to be clear. But that's sort of the nature of this game, most of the main writers aren't into guys and I assume even fewer are into traditionally masculine ones. Much of the player base (and presumably patrons) aren't either and we've been told those who are don't make up enough to justify them putting in that effort. So sadly, the only solutions are hoping community writers pick up the slack (some are, which is good), that you commission (Wsan does commissions for example, whether he's free and will do stuff like that I don't know) or writing it yourself. As shitty as it is to say this, you're probably better off looking for other games for the type of stuff as you want as this game will never fully cater to it. And if you're pissed off at the amount of futa its never going to stop being added to an arguably disproportionate degree as that's what much of the writers and player base want to see.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024

Nidabutt, the user of the forums, hirred Wsan (Brints writer) to write their OC in.

But you do not need to commision any of the main writers. Basically, you commision someone (third party) to submit your commsion inside of the game. As long as the one you hired passes the guidlines and the seel of quality set by the devs, it will get into the game.

Itachun

Apr 1, 2021
Nidabutt, the user of the forums, hirred Wsan (Brints writer) to write their OC in.

But you do not need to commision any of the main writers. Basically, you commision someone (third party) to submit your commsion inside of the game. As long as the one you hired passes the guidlines and the seel of quality set by the devs, it will get into the game.
I see.

Itachun

Apr 1, 2021
You're entitled to your preferences and I'm not trying to shit on them. I get being frustrated but when you imply that men aren't men because they happen to be feminine that really comes across as judgmental and frankly offensive. This isn't the first time you have done this either. You can express your frustration without shitting on what other people are into or implying that stereotypical manliness is a requirement for being male. That being said, as somebody who's into both kinds of guys I get it and you're right that this game doesn't really give male characters the attention they deserves, especially ones of a more masculine nature. I'm also not speaking in pure numbers here but in how developed they are compared to non male characters to be clear. But that's sort of the nature of this game, most of the main writers aren't into guys and I assume even fewer are into traditionally masculine ones. Much of the player base (and presumably patrons) aren't either and we've been told those who are don't make up enough to justify them putting in that effort. So sadly, the only solutions are hoping community writers pick up the slack (some are, which is good), that you commission (Wsan does commissions for example, whether he's free and will do stuff like that I don't know) or writing it yourself. As shitty as it is to say this, you're probably better off looking for other games for the type of stuff as you want as this game will never fully cater to it. And if you're pissed off at the amount of futa its never going to stop being added to an arguably disproportionate degree as that's what much of the writers and player base want to see.
I do have other games, but what I do like about CoC2 is the RPG system. Few games have it.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I am just a little tired of all the main quest/story/family content being for futa's or fems. I get a lot of people like this, but sometimes it seems to go overboard and it just ruins the fun for people who are not as into that kink as the writers seem to be.

Males have very little content, Even Brint, who is a main companion has never really gotten many updated CG's.
Several females get a lot of new art though.

Quin also doesn't have much content as a main companion.
A majority of your companions are all females though and most males in game are story less mobs that nobody cares about.
Try TiTs then.. plenty of males there.

Itachun

Apr 1, 2021
I keep trying to convince my best friend to combine his coding skills with mine, and my writing to make a game.

The pain is real.
Yeah. I admire the Devs for being able to do all that complex stuff.

Once upon a time, me and two friends also wanted to make a game. I was going to be one of the writers.
Our audience would have been more for Gays tho. But without all that abusive stuff they seem to shove into that genre.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Well, if you were going to be one of the writers, why not try dipping your toes into writing some. It does not need to be some outworldy piece of smut fiction. It just needs to be good enough to pass.

Itachun

Apr 1, 2021
Well, if you were going to be one of the writers, why not try dipping your toes into writing some. It does not need to be some outworldy piece of smut fiction. It just needs to be good enough to pass.
To be frank, the current writers are so good it's intimidating.
So I feel I certainly wouldn't meet the cut.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
They are as good as they are because they litteraly have decades of expirience. Do not try writing anything major. Write an one of scene for existing guy. Not only is it good practice, but it is also required before you could start any major project. Make sure you have a permision first.

Itachun

Apr 1, 2021
They are as good as they are because they litteraly have decades of expirience. Do not try writing anything major. Write an one of scene for existing guy. Not only is it good practice, but it is also required before you could start any major project. Make sure you have a permision first.
Well, we're not doing any game anyway. That idea flew out the window.

Another complication for writing the scene for existing characters, is trying to keep them as they are. My view would probably differ from how the characters are meant to be played.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
If any mischaracterization occurs, people are more than willing to point it out.

Lets tie it to gripes -- Nakano in Takahiros introduction acts nothing like he does every other time. There are other times like those where Kiyoko is willing to please another dick in Centuar encounter, and so on. Those things happen, especially in the collective effotr that is CoC2.

Itachun

Apr 1, 2021
If any mischaracterization occurs, people are more than willing to point it out.

Lets tie it to gripes -- Nakano in Takahiros introduction acts nothing like he does every other time. There are other times like those where Kiyoko is willing to please another dick in Centuar encounter, and so on. Those things happen, especially in the collective effotr that is CoC2.
Tru. It's something to think about at least.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
So, I have been going through Takahiro's content for refresher and, hmmm, I do kind of wish he had talking points about rest of the den. Those are some of my favorites pieces of dialogue on basis that it just fleshes out the character with their views on the world and people around them, while also giving more flavor to the recipients.

Last edited:

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
I said it before and I'll say it again, the body type system is broken. I finally figured out how it works. You see depending on your PC's tone, thickness, hips, and butt score, you are assigned the body archetype that is the closest fit. This doesn't work because these archetypes are incredibly narrow and they don't even cover the full spectrum of options for tone and thickness. 100 tone and 100 thickness is not an average body and 20 tone, 5 thickness, 9 hips, and 9 butt is not overweight. This is the one thing that baffles me on why they change it. The TiTs system which COC II originally inherited was far better.

COC II System:
OptionToneThicknessRaw
Butt Rating
Raw
Hip Rating
Raw
Belly Rating
Bodybuilder9525551
Amazonian8055773
Well-built7525552
Average5050333
Thick5065976
Plush4070998
Overweight3085101012
Bear6575888
Slender3020321
Lean5010332
Thin205110

TiTs System:
Thick: 0Thick: 25Thick: 50Thick: 75Thick: 100
Tone: 0scrawnyleantypicalchubbymarshmallow
Tone: 25litheectomorphaverageendomorphplump
Tone: 50sveltefitmedianburlyteddy bear
Tone: 75supermodelswimmermesomorphheavyweighthulk
Tone: 100track runnerathleteweight lifterbody builderstrongman

Charity

May 24, 2020
I said it before and I'll say it again, the body type system is broken. I finally figured out how it works. You see depending on your PC's tone, thickness, hips, and butt score, you are assigned the body archetype that is the closest fit. This doesn't work because these archetypes are incredibly narrow and they don't even cover the full spectrum of options for tone and thickness. 100 tone and 100 thickness is not an average body and 20 tone, 5 thickness, 9 hips, and 9 butt is not overweight. This is the one thing that baffles me on why they change it. The TiTs system which COC II originally inherited was far better.
Holy fuck, thats why it feels so bad now.

Was there given reason why they changed that?

Reactions: PalletTown

ElHombreConQueso

Aug 24, 2024
Too many one-off OC donut steel characters that go absolutely nowhere instead of focusing on a tighter core selection of characters that get continuous content updates, or at least get updated to the point that they feel "finished" before creating similar characters. I'm a big futadom enjoyer, but I'd sacrifice half of the current characters that fit that fetish if it would just give me more Evelyn content.

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
If Armitia is Tira I'm going to be pissed. Unreasonably so. That is so dumb it's not even funny. Unless she's not. Then it is funny, but not really because I can see the punchline coming, so honestly one way or the other I take issue with this character. Wraith rolls worst disguise in ever, asked to leave Savarra and go back to where it belongs.
50 minutes later I'm still annoyed to an increasingly unreasonable degree about this. I guess maybe I thought I was having too good of a day and decided to sour it by remembering the existence of "Armitia". Matter of fact, whenever I feel like I'm being too happy about something I'm just going to come back here and remind myself again. I have a problem for sure, but I don't think it completely invalidates by opinion on this.
While I was typing this, I also remembered another much more reasonable gripe, and that is that the combat basics codex entry is a little outdated. For one, it still treats resolve as a thing that exists. I also wish it would specify what defense spellblade powers like power wave and its kind target. None of what is currently in that entry specifies that particular scenario, only really telling you what weapon attacks and spells do, but nothing of the sort for both.

Last edited:

Blackguard

Jan 16, 2024
On a journey
I find navigating tiles in towns a drag, especially in KM. I would like it if we could open the map and just click on locations to fast travel there.

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
I find navigating tiles in towns a drag, especially in KM. I would like it if we could open the map and just click on locations to fast travel there.
Yeah I second this. It’d be convenient, it doesn’t bother me as much personally, but I’d enjoy it. So long as regular movement through tiles is preserved, of course.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Issue would be you might miss some scenes, possibly important pop ups that are supposed to happen if you just breeze over a tile. Otherwise, they'd have to input code to check pathfinding and see how you might get there and then check if there's any scenes and then stop you there and run the scene (or make you miss a potentially important one), and then you don't even know where you are because you thought you were fast-traveling. It's not that hard to just push the WASD Keys or click the mini-map.

Reactions: Zeus101

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
<Snip snip>
I admit, I don't really understand this gripe. By the time we get to the banquet, it's possible for us to have met up to 5* of the Seven face to face, and that was them being blatant. What's one more godly face-to-face?

*Lumia appears at the end of the first dungeon and has her own dedicated quest and NPC hub. Keros appears if you gain entrance to the Kitsune Den and either follow Kiyoko's questline or do favours for other kitsune. Mallach can be encountered in a dream, or if you do certain things after building his temple Hawkthorne. Nareva has a very small appearance during the Convocation of Mirrors quest. And Sorra has an even smaller one in a dream you can have if you're an oviparous harpy. At this point the only God we haven't met (and probably won't) is Velun.