Your Gripes With CoC2

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I think it is you that has the wrong game good sir, the Lightning McQueen BL erotica rpg is down that hall and to your left.
I would not be surprised if that exists, but I am not going to check it.

And nah, that will happen in a year or two. I wrote it myself, now it just needs to fit into the game. Well, it doesn't involve the aforementioned catboys specifically, but catboys non the less.

A lot of gay and gay (female on male) bonking will happen once I get on the role.

Edit: I just now see that I misspelled it. Well, great.

Last edited:

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Two minor gripes

Calise armor potrait show during the date.

Mentions of Mai's winterstem smoke are in the kitsune shrine room even though she's pregnant.

Reactions: Ultra Chad

Madamisir

Jul 13, 2024
My main gripe rn (unless I somehow missed the relevant options) is that Lady Evergreen's services are terrible for female characters.
Males can just knock on the door, do the 3411 waltz repeatedly and watch as their virility explodes through the roof. You can get to 50 in like 2 and a half days with a breeder start, become a genetic bomb before the end of the first week.
Females have to get knocked up and wait for ages before making another request.
As things are, if you want to be a breeder female, you'd be better off growing a dick, fucking her until you cap out pregnancy speed and then losing it. Admittedly that is a pretty funny thing to do but it feels a bit too gamey. Well, as gamey as doing the 3411 thing I guess, just vastly more inconvenient for no reason.
Plus, treatments that affect pregnancy are locked while you're pregnant, but no male treatments are locked while SHE's pregnant (for obvious reasons).
Sure, you can speed up pregnancies but that's 500 electrum per treatment and it only boosts it to the next stage. Males get everything they want for free and in no time at all, with no downsides.

Thing is, men have it easy because Oxana cheats and has you impregnate her daughters when she's already carrying.
Then why can't we have Brint or Arona stud in our stead while WE're carrying? Seems like fair play to me.
Unless there's lore reasons I am missing and she's only interested in the champ (drenched in magic and all that stuff).

I wouldn't mind dirty solutions to fix the balance, like bad ends for males if you breed her too much in a short timeframe (something like Kelt submission in CoC) but I would prefer if females got a way to deal with her that didn't involve waiting around for a whole month. Just sleeping the pregnancy away is not fun and VERY gamey.

Charity

May 24, 2020
My tiny little bitty gripe is what we cannot have "divinity marks" while becoming Kitsune.

No white pupil, no red marks/brows.
While I might get why from gameplay prespective - almost zero referenses to that (iirc only Tetsuya react on it?), and technically that it would need have 2 new tags for face and eyes, it still sad that Keros not at least give us white pupils to always show lil bit of our status.
But it's Keros newerless. All for shit'n'giggles.

Oh and that Valkirie Powers stronger then Kitsunes and it's not close. Or I just really don't get Kitsunetsuki, cuz Foxfire is outclassed by any at-will. BFB is good, on crit build (with new White Blossom ring oof), but Charge Weapon give holy and free dmg on start of fight.
And sinergy of Valks with Dawnblade and Ring is good af too. (Unique Kitsune weapon for BFB?)

Sorry for rant, even if thread for that.

Lostname475

Apr 3, 2023
My tiny little bitty gripe is what we cannot have "divinity marks" while becoming Kitsune.

No white pupil, no red marks/brows.
While I might get why from gameplay prespective - almost zero referenses to that (iirc only Tetsuya react on it?), and technically that it would need have 2 new tags for face and eyes, it still sad that Keros not at least give us white pupils to always show lil bit of our status.
But it's Keros newerless. All for shit'n'giggles.

Oh and that Valkirie Powers stronger then Kitsunes and it's not close. Or I just really don't get Kitsunetsuki, cuz Foxfire is outclassed by any at-will. BFB is good, on crit build (with new White Blossom ring oof), but Charge Weapon give holy and free dmg on start of fight.
And sinergy of Valks with Dawnblade and Ring is good af too. (Unique Kitsune weapon for BFB?)

Sorry for rant, even if thread for that.
charge weapon isn't a valkyrie power its just white mage

Charity

May 24, 2020
charge weapon isn't a valkyrie power its just white mage
My bad in explaining thing, should specify that it's has "counter" in base powers, like foxfire.
Valks powers feels unique and useful, Floofs only get Kitsunetsuki as something unique and there way better utls still. At least they made it usable without Gem.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
My bad in explaining thing, should specify that it's has "counter" in base powers, like foxfire.
Valks powers feels unique and useful, Floofs only get Kitsunetsuki as something unique and there way better utls still. At least they made it usable without Gem.
Valkyrie powers suck Doo-Doo Ass tho. I'm not going to use: Worse Charge Weapon, worse Group Heal or worse Unbreakable. Also the Charge activation damage isn't inherently good, since you are basicaly signaling to enemies: "I'm a threat, come fucking kill me!".

Reactions: Gabranth

Falken_Moonlight

Jul 18, 2022
Floof land
…since you are basicaly signaling to enemies: "I'm a threat, come fucking kill me!".
This wouldn’t be as bad if the battle wouldn’t end when the champ went down and your companions could either revive you or simply continue fighting (though I think it was a game mechanic limitation?)

Charity

May 24, 2020
Valkyrie powers suck Doo-Doo Ass tho. I'm not going to use: Worse Charge Weapon, worse Group Heal or worse Unbreakable. Also the Charge activation damage isn't inherently good, since you are basicaly signaling to enemies: "I'm a threat, come fucking kill me!".
Being glass canon is fun, for me anyway. With Juice as boon you can gamba damage with dodge.

And "worse Unbreakable"? In that regard? 1 turn less inv? Not reciving 1/2 dmg fo duration?
It has extra attack after 2 turns and extra effects with Guldring (5% HP reg for party) and Dawnsword (+10 Holy dmg), aren't much but it has something unlike Kitsunesuki. 1 whole turn of debuffs that, iirc, can be resisted by some bosses for a price of holding Fox Jewel?
Are "worse Group Heal" is "Celestial Form"? That give shield for all? And lil holy dmg atk on cast. It can prevent some dmg and not waste turn healing too soon.
Also Guldring scale with Presence and CF can scale with it too.

It might be my bias, but in my Valk play I saw their abilities more... flexible? Then Kitsunes. And I love sell my soul for Mofu-Mofu.

Charity

May 24, 2020
This wouldn’t be as bad if the battle wouldn’t end when the champ went down and your companions could either revive you or simply continue fighting (though I think it was a game mechanic limitation?)
Aren't game present chanse of using such abilities after you get downed? But yea, fight being lost right as we drop can be gripe in itself.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I enjoy the little added chalenge of having to keep ourselves alive only. It makes the champ feel more important and it paints the party as relient on us. That is cute.

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
I don't like how if you have a canine penis, some characters don't have a knotting variant during sex like June.

Reactions: Emerald

Charity

May 24, 2020
I don't like how if you have a canine penis, some characters don't have a knotting variant during sex like June.
How about having non canine knotted penis and not trigger any knotting scene?

I will be glad to be corrected on that.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
How about having non canine knotted penis and not trigger any knotting scene?

I will be glad to be corrected on that.
Most of the docs I read just use a [pc.hasKnot] parser, which will trigger such things regardless of the cock you have. I obviously can't speak to all scenes currently in the game (my Champ has one, with a designer demon-cock and another with a human cock , (or at least, human-looking) as far as I know). If any scenes were written that check for canine cocktype instead of strictly for a knot, then I wouldn't see them, but I certainly see many knot scenes that do occur without having a strictly canine cock.

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
We can have non canine knotted dicks... How do those look?
Probably like this.

That's just an unfortunate effect of the writing team as a whole being kind of inconsistent when it comes to acknowledging parers. Fortunately there are enough checks that knots will probably never go the way of manticore tails, but if your "equipment" is anything other than standard then you'll just have to accept that some writers will acknowledge everything you've got down there and others wont.

Charity

May 24, 2020
Most of the docs I read just use a [pc.hasKnot] parser, which will trigger such things regardless of the cock you have. I obviously can't speak to all scenes currently in the game (my Champ has one, with a designer demon-cock and another with a human cock , (or at least, human-looking) as far as I know). If any scenes were written that check for canine cocktype instead of strictly for a knot, then I wouldn't see them, but I certainly see many knot scenes that do occur without having a strictly canine cock.
Thats a start.
Good thing that there seems to be more on knotcheck side.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Thats a start.
Good thing that there seems to be more on knotcheck side.
Like HugLife says, sometimes writers don't always take every parser into consideration. They have their own Champ, and they have a vision of the scene they are writing, and it's hard to write out your vision, while having quantum-shifting bodyparts. When I edit and read through, there's many places where I say, 'Why not do a [pc.cockType equine] here, and if the Champ has a horse/bovine cock, remember that there's a medial ring and mention it as their lover is sliding halfway down their length.' (Sometimes I do it so much I worry the writers think I am trying to make their jobs so much harder).

Mostly it is a [pc.hasKnot] or [pc.hasMagicock] parser I end up suggesting, after that is a reminder to check for tails or wings or things to add to the scene. I don't blame someone, when they have 20+ pages of content, sometimes it's easier to get the scaffolding and framework up and then have someone come in and plug holes or do some decorating. Sometimes it's just little things and parsers no one knows exist, like eyeshadow color or nail color, or they forget that sometimes Champs ejaculate honey and just write 'white' or 'ivory' instead of [pc.cumColor] to account for amber or golden honey.

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
The Picture of the Lupine Ladies that you service in the temple of mallach. One the ladies portrait has the top part of the hair clipped. It's really distracting.

Reactions: MellowNumel

realbenefitcell

Jul 29, 2024
i'd love to have more companions wandering around with me while i explore
i don't mean in combat, a 3 person party is fine there, but for all the different little lines and interactions that companions can have during various events
i'm really bummed out that i can only have a max of 2 people accompany me in my adventures that must also be paired well enough so that when i come across a stronger enemy i dont get wiped

i'd be super happy if i could bring along more people that only exist out of combat, no need to give them healthbars or anything
i just really dislike having to pick between a character who fits my party structure more and a character with whom i want to experience things with

Charity

May 24, 2020
Why does Nina use the word 'man' in every other sentence in her Wayfort dungeon?

It's really distracting... :confused: She sounds like a teenager from the 90s desperately trying to seem cool, and that's all I can think of now.
She drunk af.
And aren't she like that even outside of dungeon?

Soulsderfuchs

May 17, 2022
Why does Nina use the word 'man' in every other sentence in her Wayfort dungeon?

It's really distracting... :confused: She sounds like a teenager from the 90s desperately trying to seem cool, and that's all I can think of now.

Because her character is very much inspired by Dude from Underrail and that's how both characters talk.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland

I mean, I choose to see her as a psychic valley girl. The fact she's constantly sozzling herself helps a lot.
Because her character is very much inspired by Dude from Underrail and that's how both characters talk.
Who names their kid "Dude"? Hell, what even is Underrail? Some weird fangame for Undertale?