Your Gripes With CoC2

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
The big problem is that there aren't any writers that are into gay stuff. Writing things you aren't attracted to is really fucking hard and will affect the quality. So if a writer gets strong-armed into making gay stuff it's going to turn out poor.

I should know. I had no problem writing 70+ pages of mino-men having gay sex. But I got one paragraph into a cunnilingus scene before folding like a wet rag.

But I've seen an uptick in writers wanting to do men, so I think there will be food for m/m enjoyers too.
Yeah, and non of them will have bottoming content. And then people will say how males have no audience... Yeah, I will just stop.

Tarnish

Oct 8, 2015
I think it's important to mention that hindsight is 20/20 and had Brie been planned from the start, wsan would've made the first encounter with brint toggle between either him or brienne as a choice.
Hey, I agree, I’m jusr asking for a one page addition to the Brienne event that has Brint give your character a more explicit “I’m okay with this” than we get right now.

Last edited:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
That locks me out of like… 100+ pages of content, quite a bit of which has nothing to do with getting Brint to commit identity death. For example, Rina lesdomme content.
The stuff Brienne gets which Brint doesn't is honestly the main reason I even do the armor transformation nowadays. Like... you can marry Brint/Brienne individually, but you can't marry the Bri-family all at once with Brint and you can with Brienne. There's character differences, sure, but it's less of a divergent path and more of Brienne getting two hot dogs. If Brint's differences led to him getting more stuff that Brienne doesn't get, beyond just the frost knight set and the base sex scenes, then it would feel like I actually have a reason and a choice.

Reactions: asdfghjwww

Tamsee

Mar 2, 2018
I can only assume the lack of ability to marry the family together with Brint has something to do with incestuous implications? Still feels there are many workarounds though, not to mention the absurdity. I don't ever change Brint into Brienne since it does make me feel like we're a self-serving scumbag by intentionally ignoring the curse, not to mention that Brint has a lot of potential that I hope keeps getting expanded.

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
Oh com on.
Brint is grown ass bull, he could have tried to seek proper help himself if it bothered him so much.
And from the Champ's point of view, without meta knowledge, what was so terrible about it? In world where people are losing themselves in lust, literally cum their souls, growing evry possible sets of genitals and Gods knows what else. And here? A man has a dream about being fucked, well, there's could be worse, moving on.
Also, how do we may know about the three day deadline, maybe it could be years without nothing serious?
And at the end of the day, Brienne is happy and it's our job to make her even happier.
Maybe Brint didn't choose waifu life, but waifu life choose him.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I can only assume the lack of ability to marry the family together with Brint has something to do with incestuous implications?
No, Wsan just couldn't be bothered to add another variable for BriFamily. We can fuck Brienne and Rina together, we marry the family together. Non parental incest is fine and dandy.

So yes, it is just for the sake of time.

Still, if you have Brint, and you play as a femChamp, I would just pretend like they do not exist. Altogether, Rina and Brienne have 4 scenes for femChamp, which is a shame.

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
I honestly don't really get why people have such an issue with the Brint to Brienne transformation. Now, I'll admit, I didn't interact much with Brint, as I was only interested in knowing him platonically, but from my limited interactions with him, and my interactions with Brienne, I got the feeling that the transition from one to the other was believable, reasonable, and not really a problem at all from the perspective of either. Yeah, one is more dominant, the other more submissive, but honestly is that really necessarily such a defining personality or identity trait? For some people maybe, but from the platonic impression I got of Brint, that doesn't seem like a big part of his identity or anything. They both just seem to do whatever feels natural and enjoyable to them with their body when it comes to sex, what that might specifically be doesn't seem like something that bothers them, and while I can't relate to that, I don't see an issue with that either, nor do I think it should be seen as insufficient reason for why Brienne is ok with her transformation.
I'll admit though, I might be missing something, there might be a compelling argument that would change my opinion, but I'm not familiar with it at the moment.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I always saw Brienne transformation as pure brainwashing. Her and Brint do act nothing alike. But, eh, that just makes me wish Brint was more like Brienne. To avoid this whole talk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarnish

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
I always saw Brienne transmission as pure brainwashing. Her and Brienne do act nothing alike. But, eh, that just makes me wish Brint was more like a Brienne. To avoid this whole talk.
I would be interested in learning about an example of them acting differently in the same situation.

Reactions: Alliebutt

Tarnish

Oct 8, 2015
No, Wsan just couldn't be bothered to add another variable for BriFamily. We can fuck Brienne and Rina together, we marry the family together. Non parental incest is fine and dandy.

So yes, it is just for the sake of time.

Still, if you have Brint, and you play as a femChamp, I would just pretend like they do not exist. Altogether, Rina and Brienne have 4 scenes for femChamp, which is a shame.
That honestly strikes me as kinda wrong. Brint is the primary character, he should be the focus for scenes. At the very least, the scenes should be in parity. I get that Wsan’s time is limited, but locking a ton of content behind an optional and arguably unethical decision by the PC feels like a slap in the face.

Reactions: asdfghjwww

Tamsee

Mar 2, 2018
Brint is grown ass bull, he could have tried to seek proper help himself if it bothered him so much.
And from the Champ's point of view, without meta knowledge, what was so terrible about it? In world where people are losing themselves in lust, literally cum their souls, growing evry possible sets of genitals and Gods knows what else. And here? A man has a dream about being fucked, well, there's could be worse, moving on.
Also, how do we may know about the three day deadline, maybe it could be years without nothing serious?
And at the end of the day, Brienne is happy and it's our job to make her even happier.
Maybe Brint didn't choose waifu life, but waifu life choose him.
Went through the process just now to be sure. On his first mention of dreams we literally talk that we should visit Sanders. On his heat moment we also are aware that things are escalating, just we don't know how bad it is. Though if we let Sanders uncurse Brint, we believe his life was just saved. Considering demonic corruption we saw and other stuff, you'd think checking with an expert is the first thing to do. If we don't bother to visit the priest at this point, it is because we want to see the curse progress, not even asking Brint for opinion on the matter.
I will agree that the way it is written, Brint is completely passive about this, but in all fairness so are the other companions most of times. It would be nice if he could express his thoughts so we had a moment of "So you're fine whichever way it goes?" so it doesn't feel like the curse running full course is us abusing his trust.

Edit: Also since my femchamp calmed his heat herself, I was curious to see how Brienne reacts to us being pregnant with her child. Well, at least there is a reaction. But she sure as hell no longer gives champ the care Brint does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Listo and Karakara

Ultra Chad

Aug 22, 2022
I honestly don't really get why people have such an issue with the Brint to Brienne transformation. Now, I'll admit, I didn't interact much with Brint, as I was only interested in knowing him platonically, but from my limited interactions with him, and my interactions with Brienne, I got the feeling that the transition from one to the other was believable, reasonable, and not really a problem at all from the perspective of either. Yeah, one is more dominant, the other more submissive, but honestly is that really necessarily such a defining personality or identity trait? For some people maybe, but from the platonic impression I got of Brint, that doesn't seem like a big part of his identity or anything. They both just seem to do whatever feels natural and enjoyable to them with their body when it comes to sex, what that might specifically be doesn't seem like something that bothers them, and while I can't relate to that, I don't see an issue with that either, nor do I think it should be seen as insufficient reason for why Brienne is ok with her transformation.
I'll admit though, I might be missing something, there might be a compelling argument that would change my opinion, but I'm not familiar with it at the moment.
It reminds me how a group of people was constantly complaining about Wynne existing. It is very annoying.

Tamsee

Mar 2, 2018
Not sure about others, but my issue is with the way Brint's transformation is written, a very 'mea culpa' situation, not Brienne. And hoping he'll get more content in the future. Both him and Brienne.
Far as personality goes, champ observes that Brint is acting more feminine and then submissive, so we can guess the armor has an effect on mind, like these hypnosis corruption scenarios we sometimes see. Otherwise I think the rest of what made Brint Brint stays the same?
Still sad Brienne doesn't princess carry the champ after birth like Brint did, but I guess the code would become spaghetti at that point.

NinjaTacos

Aug 19, 2023
UK
Not sure about others, but my issue is with the way Brint's transformation is written, a very 'mea culpa' situation, not Brienne. And hoping he'll get more content in the future. Both him and Brienne.
Far as personality goes, champ observes that Brint is acting more feminine and then submissive, so we can guess the armor has an effect on mind, like these hypnosis corruption scenarios we sometimes see. Otherwise I think the rest of what made Brint Brint stays the same?
Still sad Brienne doesn't princess carry the champ after birth like Brint did, but I guess the code would become spaghetti at that point.
Yeah, strongly agree with this. I think the Mad Cow quest is a problem. You know something is wrong with your friend, you know someone who can help your friend, you choose not to bring the two together. I think the quest would benefit from having more meaningful time pressure and less certainty, and maybe more complexity, regarding what you can do to help, or if anything needs doing - an air that this problem might get better by itself. Though I get that this might lead some players to not take action and be upset by the outcome. Would a big bold 'These actions will have consequences' warning at the start of the quest compensate?

I also think it makes sense that the armour makes Brienne more submissive, given that it was designed to bring male marefolk (stallionfolk?) out of rut-insanity.

I really like Brint, probably more than Brienne, but tend to feminize him due to the extra content she gets (love the scenes reuniting her with her family, and with dom-Rina; haven't done her marriage content yet as that was added after the last time I got to the end of content), but really more because it's one of the few ways any of your companions get any character growth (whole other issue) - as much as I like Brint, he doesn't change at all any other way. I'd love Brint to have more family content, or for Brienne to be able to put on a strap-on and let her dominant side back out from time to time. Having said that, I can sympathise with the amount of time Wsan has already spent on writing for them, and the desire to get on with something else...

Zegix

Jun 17, 2024
A small gripe I currently have is that the dungeon specifcally built to "preserve" some enemies currently seems to have no content, you can only enter, look at your captives and leave. I had hoped that capturing the units would allow to keep or expand interactions with them. Unless this is being worked on, then please disregard my ignorant complaint.

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
I'm upset that Karithea pyromancy set bonus does not stack with flames within. I mean I understand why it doesn't, but I'm still upset.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
I'm upset that Karithea pyromancy set bonus does not stack with flames within. I mean I understand why it doesn't, but I'm still upset.
It really should. Honestly the 2 set bonus should at least proc on using a fire based power on top of taking fire damage. The set really is limited on use. I also somewhat wish if your spellpower is higher than your sexiness, half of your sexiness stat is added to your spellpower instead as an alternate for the 4 set bonus. Pyromancer should be useful for both charmer or black mage.

Reactions: PalletTown

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
It really should. Honestly the 2 set bonus should at least proc on using a fire based power on top of taking fire damage. The set really is limited on use. I also somewhat wish if your spellpower is higher than your sexiness, half of your sexiness stat is added to your spellpower instead as an alternate for the 4 set bonus. Pyromancer should be useful for both charmer or black mage.
The current bonus is way too overturned for a consistent buff. Now if they lowered the buff to be about 20 bonus dmg but could proc from flames within then it would be really cool.

Bluebird42

Jan 5, 2021
A small gripe I currently have is that the dungeon specifcally built to "preserve" some enemies currently seems to have no content, you can only enter, look at your captives and leave. I had hoped that capturing the units would allow to keep or expand interactions with them. Unless this is being worked on, then please disregard my ignorant complaint.
Dungeon content is planned, yes!