Your Gripes With CoC2

Rudra72

Jun 16, 2022
Long shot, but any odds we'll ever get any bodyswap content in the game?

Ideally not for a bad end, but maybe limited to one or two sex scenes

Writter01

Jul 5, 2022
So, gonna get this off My chest first: I love This Game, The Story, The Characters, The relationships, The sense of urgency I have to save the world. Freaking Amazing.

BUT!... here are my gripes:
1- The Strength/Abilities of my Character: I worked and grinded hard to reach the level cap well before Winter City, I gathered every piece of equipment I felt would be the best for my Warrior.... And I Still feel like I'm no where near as powerful I should be!.
In the original, I trained on the farm for days and when I finally went out, I felt powerful! Undefeatable. Now? I feel my character is battling shackles of some unknown restraint that keeps him from being able to plow through every enemy in less than two turns.

2- Perks:
COC had so many different ways to passively enhance your character, every level had a reward in Attack power, Critic, Spell Enhancement. And now? I'm well past the winter city, Beat the Lumia's quest (Trying not to spoil) and I have like only 5 enhancements.
And there where plenty of opportunities to put them, and even make good references: Just imagine you beat the orcs, you get "Champion of the Horde" Or "Lord of Warcraft" or something.

3- Rewards:
I'll be honest, I'm not a DnD player, so I don't know how that works, But I'm at least are a bit of a RPG Player, I'm A great fan of DIABLO, so when I play this sort of games, I used to having a big battle have an equally BIG reward. BUT...
Most quests left me with items that weren't all that better or even worse than what I already have. Lumia's quest offered me 4 HOLY weapons and armor, And None of them did anything for my Warrior. So it made me feel like It was all just for the sake of the story, which isn't as satisfactory.

4- Abilities and Magic:
Going back to the Original (And I know doing that gets annoying for comparison), You Had: White fire, black Fire, heal, Venom, Flight, sacred palm, Charge weapon, etc, A lot of powers and spells to go alongside the Abilities you gained from transformation and your skills.
You were the master of your art, And could make strategies on the fly, adjusting to the situation on hand.

Now?! If it wasn't for my high level and luck, I would have gotten my ass handed to me cause I faced an enemy that is strong against the abilities I selected to fight an prior enemy!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I got some more gripes with the game along these lines, But those are my biggest gripes. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game, it feels like what COC could have been if it had more development, even with it's mods.

Writter01

Jul 5, 2022
So, gonna get this off My chest first: I love This Game, The Story, The Characters, The relationships, The sense of urgency I have to save the world. Freaking Amazing.

BUT!... here are my gripes:
1- The Strength/Abilities of my Character: I worked and grinded hard to reach the level cap well before Winter City, I gathered every piece of equipment I felt would be the best for my Warrior.... And I Still feel like I'm no where near as powerful I should be!.
In the original, I trained on the farm for days and when I finally went out, I felt powerful! Undefeatable. Now? I feel my character is battling shackles of some unknown restraint that keeps him from being able to plow through every enemy in less than two turns.

2- Perks:
COC had so many different ways to passively enhance your character, every level had a reward in Attack power, Critic, Spell Enhancement. And now? I'm well past the winter city, Beat the Lumia's quest (Trying not to spoil) and I have like only 5 enhancements.
And there where plenty of opportunities to put them, and even make good references: Just imagine you beat the orcs, you get "Champion of the Horde" Or "Lord of Warcraft" or something.

3- Rewards:
I'll be honest, I'm not a DnD player, so I don't know how that works, But I'm at least are a bit of a RPG Player, I'm A great fan of DIABLO, so when I play this sort of games, I used to having a big battle have an equally BIG reward. BUT...
Most quests left me with items that weren't all that better or even worse than what I already have. Lumia's quest offered me 4 HOLY weapons and armor, And None of them did anything for my Warrior. So it made me feel like It was all just for the sake of the story, which isn't as satisfactory.

4- Abilities and Magic:
Going back to the Original (And I know doing that gets annoying for comparison), You Had: White fire, black Fire, heal, Venom, Flight, sacred palm, Charge weapon, etc, A lot of powers and spells to go alongside the Abilities you gained from transformation and your skills.
You were the master of your art, And could make strategies on the flie, adjusting to the situation on hand.

Now?! If it wasn't for my high level and luck, I would have gotten my ass handed to me cause I faced an enemy that is strong against the abilities I selected to fight an prior enemy!

I got some more gripes with the game along these lines, But those are my biggest gripes. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game, it feels like what COC could have been if it had more development, even with it's modd

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
There are way too many characters where the only sex options they have force you to go to sleep such as Kohaku or Ragnild. The companion combat information is lacking especially during battle. Also, the body type generated from thickness and tone is still weird.

emiya.alter

Aug 17, 2022
I need a way to change color of the text.When i turn off the light,the white word and dark background maked my eyes to hurt.

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
the fact you can't change the salamander eye color from gold not matter what way you try annoys me as other salamanders as according to the wiki they can have orange, red, green, and blue even if uncommon and i hope we can change the eye color before the gothmander soulbind is added

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
If the "emotionally cold" aspect of the corrupted champ was consistent it'd make sense but it isn't.
I think the best example of how corruption affects the moral aspect of person behavior was in coc1. When Jojo talks about the fate of his settlement, it's very hard for him and Champ hugs the mouse monk to comfort. Except a Corruptchump will try to paw him while doing so, yeah we're having a moment here and all that, but like, com' on! Booty!
So cuddly and stuff is not particularly forte in Dark Knight's case, hardcore fucking is.

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
I have some other stuff n concepts I'd love to see tackled:
What happens to a Pregnant Mother if she's corrupted and fully becomes a demon? Does she lose the child or does that child go demon as well or does the child die n get replaced by an imp? Dark shit, but interesting no? There's lots of drama to mine there potentially. Plus, we're all adults here, so a little more adult content on a different spectrum from time to time would be a breath of fresh air.

Multicock needs more love, two scenes take advantage of the fact that we have tentacles on hand, the scene with Gwyn n the gem-obsessed Catslut and to a lesser extent the Catharem. If I have tentacles I don't just want Double-P; I want to see Triple-P, the tentacles interacting with my partner's body, frotting while railing their butt or doing a titfuck while indulging that Doubl-P action are good examples, some suspension action. Shit the NPCs get to use their tentacles with more utility than us.

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
you say that but as the others referenced above us, DK does do cuddly stuff.
Yeah, but that only means more content separations/alterations needed, stuff for high corruption must be different, DK Champ basically in one step before full demon, so if there is cuddles, then things should be lewd up, more groping perhaps?
I think it's logical that some hardcore action options aren't available to pure Champs because it's too much for them. It's fair to limit DK in turn, as the romantic stuff and such start to lose their appeal for them, becoming boring.

Last edited:

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Yeah, but that only means more content separations/alterations needed, stuff for high corruption must be different, DK Champ basically in one step before full demon, so if there is cuddles, then things should be lewd up, more groping perhaps?
I think it's logical that some hardcore action options aren't available to pure Champs because it's too much for them. It's fair to limit DK in turn, as the romantic stuff and such start to lose their appeal for them, becoming boring.
I get what you're saying, I do and I would much prefer it that way but it's not consistent enough throughout the game to justify the limit. A good example is the El scene where if you're corrupt enough, you can drink communal cum out of her butt. Makes you think it might set the precedent of that style but no you do straight-up evil acts off the jump unprompted without any benefits and downright detriments, eg. Corrupting the Hive (locks you out of Dragon mace NPC, which doesn't make sense) or Corrupting the Baker at KM.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
eg. Corrupting the Hive (locks you out of Dragon mace NPC, which doesn't make sense) or Corrupting the Baker at KM.
You can use Evelyn to get the Ashe as an alternative, but she is also lockable if you, like me, were being polite and shut the door when you passed her room, not realizing you wouldn't get another chance to ever meet her. Not disagreeing, just throwing my own little gripe into the topic. Where I think it should have had a warning on the option about locking out Evelyn (you don't even know who she is at that time) out forever.

Maybe they'll add it where it retriggers or throw in another royal option for removing the spear later, but at least you aren't completely locked out for corrupting the hive.

Reactions: Arai and SomeNobody

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Evelyn has always been sort of off that the only option to interact with her is sex-based, and a particular submissive form of sex at that.
Other characters in the game its possible to interact with them platonically instead of being removed from the game when you don't suck their cock.

Melon_ear

Jul 27, 2022
started a new playthrough and heres a new years list of gripes i hope get fixed or nixed in the new year

-arona and azzy need to be fought too many times to start their quests, its just tedious. arona takes like 10 if you dont fuck her, make it like 4, azzy takes 3-4 1v1s which can drag, make it 1 or make it so if you talked to her and beat the alraune she automatically asks for help at like level 4

-add valkyrie interactions to orc and hive quest, like bypassing fighting hretha the lumian priestess or cleansing the core at the end of hive quest without sanders. it would be cute and funny and cool

-abstract all of the building materials into money, so instead of needing 20, 40, and 60 of them for the wayfort just make it so its all equivalent in money, even if you know where to get them, hatsumomo is a random encounter and ambra does not always have metal, its just tedious

-if you try to refuse evergreens offer with cait she offers to help if you get her bag back, make it an organic way to get the location without metagaming and an organic way for people who didnt take the kiyoko amulet to meet the kitsune. current option ends on hostile terms and makes no sense to have the champ come back and ask if she needs help with anything, also i have a bad feeling that dealing with evergreen will be gated behind meeting with the kitsune

-add a button to skip the gweyr questline, its not like theres any choices to make in there and its such a slog that it takes me as long to get through it as it does to get to it from game start and has killed most of my old playthroughs when i decide i dont actually feel like going through it again. at the very least make it so that the password shit is automatic and not so i have to copy paste it into the thing, its just tedious. i hate the quest on both a mechanical and a narrative level

-make viv meetable without the rapey dream, iirc its only mentioned in her half a page introduction and the dream talk option which can just be disabled if youve not seen the dream

-make berry tower quest start after youve talked to him at the frosthound, helping him the first time and then i wake up at level 6 and there is a giant lizard asking for him and the ending where he confesses come off strange

-make garret and garth argue after you already talk to garret, its annoying

-remove the reagents tab in alchemy and just make alchemising cost 13 ec, its super annoying trying to make something and then having to tab out to buy the things you need for what you want.

-add fast travel points to starts of areas to the points of interest youve visited, cuts down on travelling through tedious random encounters and makes it easier to get to the npcs you like that are way out in the sticks without peppering the marches with tons of supposedly uber dangerous portals

-make it so the 1 button in random encounters is never the fuck button, with the old forest kitsune if you dont have trail rations, elf boy, the kitsune in the frostwood, the witch outfit loot. just a way to get through the game without having to worry about reloading a save for bullshit reasons

this list is not exhaustive but i am exhausted coming up with it

Kamara Devile

Dec 31, 2023
That "Unbeatable" Enemy you fight as Kinu (Raphael) is beatable without cheats. Very hard but beatable. I just needed to use items and not use Kinu's skill that heals her (I could never get it to hit him). But I would add content in case if a player beats him instead of making him harder. This is because as long as his health can reach zero, someone will find a way to beat him. Plus, if it is a scripted fight, then just skip the fight all together and describe how the fight goes down. It's just going to feel rigged and unsatisfying if there is code making him unkillable. In case if you were wondering how close it was, I got into the double digits at one point but ended the fight at 102 health (healed with Winterstems).

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
You can use Evelyn to get the Ashe as an alternative, but she is also lockable if you, like me, were being polite and shut the door when you passed her room, not realizing you wouldn't get another chance to ever meet her. Not disagreeing, just throwing my own little gripe into the topic. Where I think it should have had a warning on the option about locking out Evelyn (you don't even know who she is at that time) out forever.

Maybe they'll add it where it retriggers or throw in another royal option for removing the spear later, but at least you aren't completely locked out for corrupting the hive.
Yeah, they should give you a hint, but to give credit where it's due Wsan did overcorrect by putting in bold what his later dickgirl content involves and having the champ openly drool over their dicks, to my chagrin but you can't cry that you didn't know. I don't mess with Eve in general, so I'm automatically locked out of DragMace on Evil runs, which I don't mind, but if that's the case, it should make sense because there are obvious holes in the logic and plot of the situation.
Why can't Bimbo Azzy or the Queen just pull the spear for you and then lock it away in their armory at your request? The spear only cares if they're royals and Ashe is easily convinced everything is fine given how easily she gives Eve access.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, they should give you a hint, but to give credit where it's due Wsan did overcorrect by putting in bold what his later dickgirl content involves and having the champ openly drool over their dicks, to my chagrin but you can't cry that you didn't know. I don't mess with Eve in general, so I'm automatically locked out of DragMace on Evil runs, which I don't mind, but if that's the case, it should make sense because there are obvious holes in the logic and plot of the situation.
Why can't Bimbo Azzy or the Queen just pull the spear for you and then lock it away in their armory at your request? The spear only cares if they're royals and Ashe is easily convinced everything is fine given how easily she gives Eve access.
Honestly surprised we can't use Kiyoko or Etheryn as they are both royals as well. Don't recall if we get ingame reason why not though. Honestly both would even fit, we know Etheryn can uses spears as she uses one in her Queen Raiment set - and Kiyoko is literally the one who teaches Kinu how to use a spear in the first place.

CroqueMonsieur

Jul 17, 2023
Honestly surprised we can't use Kiyoko or Etheryn as they are both royals as well. Don't recall if we get ingame reason why not though.

There's an in-game explanation for Etheryn; it's Ashe herself who refuses to let Ryn be the one who takes the spear. Stated reason being that the amazon spear is a weapon "destined for conquest" and Ashe would "rather die" than let one of Princess Iveryn's descendants take the weapon.

As for Kiyoko, if i remember correctly, Kiyoko is nobility but not royalty. So i imagine she is automatically disqualified by the picky spear.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
There's an in-game explanation for Etheryn; it's Ashe herself who refuses to let Ryn be the one who takes the spear. Stated reason being that the amazon spear is a weapon "destined for conquest" and Ashe would "rather die" than let one of Princess Iveryn's descendants take the weapon.

As for Kiyoko, if i remember correctly, Kiyoko is nobility but not royalty. So i imagine she is automatically disqualified by the picky spear.
Ah yes I remember something now along those lines. I wonder if we'll get additional options once we have Tychris and the rest of Khor'minos.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
What I want to know is why the Noble origin Champ isn't granted Ashelander's power

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
What I want to know is why the Noble origin Champ isn't granted Ashelander's power
Savin with a shocked look of disbelief on his face: "W-what?! You want those cool, fucking awesome draconic powers all to yourself?! Maybe you want to turn into a dragon, too?! What do you think this game is, your sick personal power fantasy or something? Baka! Pervert!!! *Really hard SLAP

BadxHero

Nov 18, 2015
My gripe is how Kitsune pregnancies change their physiologies permanently, it makes me avoid Rindo and Kohaku's pregnancy content and all of Kiyoko's(though this is not the sole reason) since I like small breasts and it triggers me a bit that now I'd have less characters with said trait.

Savarra has enough hope and dreams let me keep some justice.:negativeman:
I mean, pregnancy regularly changes the bodies of those who go through it. So....

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I mean, pregnancy regularly changes the bodies of those who go through it. So....
Isn't that if you have frequent pregnancies? And even then, that's a generalization.
Plus these are games where the characters go literally back to looking normal after pregnancy without big changes to their body, I think the gripe is reasonable especially regarding the very VERY few smaller-breasted women in this game.

Reactions: valkyr42