Your Gripes With CoC2

Zeus101

May 5, 2023
After re-reading my post, I gotta admit the way I handled all of that was very immature and stupid, I apologize for all that and to answer your question I don't remember when or where I saw what I'm talking about I remember that scenes like that happened after reading a post on another thread

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Give me more Data.

Can we have the stats of companions gear listed some where in game, we can some what see what their weapons do by looking at the "attack power" but why are their armor stats not displayed on the inventory screen? Can the info on the technical set(the one that is displayed in the inventory) also display their armor stats or would that break the set selector?

Also can we have powers like Echos of Life give proper damage numbers because it was a pain to gather how much it deals and heals, this also goes for Allure and other tease attacks. Some enemies also have random powers that don't state how much damage they do until they take effect such as Aura of Desire while a perk like Horsey Heat will.

On a separate note do we know if there will be another round of combat rebalancing because some power need a major touch up to even be worth a use and this goes double on companions power who drag down the entire sets into being literally never worth a look in some peoples eyes, some powers still talk about Resolve on the card and need to be edited to remove that.

TipMaster

Apr 19, 2019
A good addition would be language options, i know its a text based game with more words than i can count in one day but would be good at the end of the life cycle to get, even if its not portuguese, at least my hermanos in the rest of latin america could apreciate this piece of art.

TipMaster

Apr 19, 2019
Dev's said they didn't want a gear treadmill so that's why is so limited. Also TiTs has so many items that are just outclassed it's kind of amazing, just look at this thread for some examples. With resent updates to TiTs I need to go back and finish up my write ups, there are many more now that I should mention and with the new class and perks too.

Some items in CoC2 are starting to out creep other items now too, I need to figure out which ones but the one that draws my current ire is the Crown of Winter for being too good with too many stats tied to it and a great power too.
I am the only freak who gives the crown to Etheryn every time?

Reactions: Ultra Chad

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You know that you can edit your posts, right? There's no need to post four times in a row...
One word:

Astraea​

I want my milf herm mommy content and i will not resign until i recieve her mommy milkers.
B has plans for this, they're currently gated behind Tychris which is going to be worked on after the main Khor'minos content is done.
A good addition would be language options, i know its a text based game with more words than i can count in one day but would be good at the end of the life cycle to get, even if its not portuguese, at least my hermanos in the rest of latin america could apreciate this piece of art.
The entire parser system is based around English grammar and would have to be redone by hand to make it work with any other language, meaning that every single thing in the game would need to be gone over with a fine-toothed comb to rework it for any language that is not English. This was Balak explaining why it's never happening both from a technical standpoint and how much work it would be to translate all the text, four years ago. The game has gotten immeasurably bigger since then. To give you an idea, this is the patch that was current when Balak said that. Look at the scroll bar and see just how far down the page that is.

TLDR: Translation is never happening.

TipMaster

Apr 19, 2019
You know that you can edit your posts, right? There's no need to post four times in a row...

B has plans for this, they're currently gated behind Tychris which is going to be worked on after the main Khor'minos content is done.

The entire parser system is based around English grammar and would have to be redone by hand to make it work with any other language, meaning that every single thing in the game would need to be gone over with a fine-toothed comb to rework it for any language that is not English. This was Balak explaining why it's never happening both from a technical standpoint and how much work it would be to translate all the text, four years ago. The game has gotten immeasurably bigger since then. To give you an idea, this is the patch that was current when Balak said that. Look at the scroll bar and see just how far down the page that is.

TLDR: Translation is never happening.
Really sorry for the first, i am not familiar with forum culture and function but thank you for reminding me.

Reactions: BungusBub

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Calling her your queen in scenes is nice but the stat line is too good to give up most of the time for any SpellPower user and DawnBreak is too good of a power for any magic user or spellblade to give up, without DawnBreak your SpellPower users are stuck with Vitality Reap as a encounter power for the most part as an AoE or a summon if you invested in Presence.

Since this is the gripes thread we need more magic encounter powers, all we have is Vitality Reap and the item locked DawnBreak and yes I know Grand Finale is a thing but it's single target. Also people say Charmer has the best combo in Allure and Song of Splendor but that's all they have we need more good Charmer Powers.

Reactions: TipMaster

furafurafura

Mar 9, 2023
I'm gonna put this down here since I'm starting a new save;
I get that if stance still gonna be at-will command and not gonna be changed, my bigger gripe though, is Mirror stance being at-will, it feels really iffy

Falken_Moonlight

Jul 18, 2022
Floof land
I think it’s the amount of enemies who have stuns/staggers to break you out of it, there is a fucking lot.
I was going to say that my deflection stance gets disrupted a bit much for something that is supposed to be a counter attack stance but the Jedi did lose their light sabers a lot too…

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I think its the amount of enemies who have stuns/staggers to break you out of it, there is a fucking lot.
But At-Will means you can just turn it back on. If it was anything OTHER than at-will, you'd have to wait (or just not be able to). They weren't complaining about it being a STANCE...

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
This is more a personal gripe than anything, but... Evelyn. Don't get me wrong. Evelyn is a well written character and is hot as hell - my problem is that I feel the champions character wasn't really... written with masculine characters in mind. The submissiveness of the champion is heavily tinged with a feminine quality that I just can't get over - This isn't something I really feel with the other dom ladies in the game like Orlaith, Lyla, the new Rixx, et cetera. With them it just feels submissive, there is no gendered quality to it. It honestly isn't a problem, I just remove Evelyn from my games - though I really wish I didn't have to XD Not expecting a change or anything was just curious if anyone else felt the same way.

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
I think Evelyn is just an exaggerated example of futadom fetish, senseless and merciless as it is. "Submit to me immediately or don't ever show your face to me again!" attitude at the first meeting without even a chance to say a few words to each other first, that's way too fast forward even for this game. It's hard to believe now, but a couple years ago people were seriously discussing the possibility of developing subby content for her, funny isn't it? Don't get me wrong different things for different people, I get that, but such adamantine dommy tops always remain in the "tried it once and forgot forever" category for me.

furafurafura

Mar 9, 2023
Personally because replacing a slot power for something else. I love playing around with Equanimity/Intuition/Ranger, Duelist Stance/Charged Weapon, so to replace this for my build later down the road against a boss(potentially hard too) whose skill I want to steal, I find this iffy
Not a biggie the PC a tank though, since it's not bad for it

TipMaster

Apr 19, 2019
Calling her your queen in scenes is nice but the stat line is too good to give up most of the time for any SpellPower user and DawnBreak is too good of a power for any magic user or spellblade to give up, without DawnBreak your SpellPower users are stuck with Vitality Reap as a encounter power for the most part as an AoE or a summon if you invested in Presence.

Since this is the gripes thread we need more magic encounter powers, all we have is Vitality Reap and the item locked DawnBreak and yes I know Grand Finale is a thing but it's single target. Also people say Charmer has the best combo in Allure and Song of Splendor but that's all they have we need more good Charmer Powers.
Meh, back in the old days we black mages....
Also since i playing with a warrior i dindt feel the need to much.

Reactions: ForeverLurker

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
You're not the only one, but if Champ and Etheryn are in a relationship, Ryn unsubtly suggests that she wants Champ to have the crown as her king/queen consort.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
You're not the only one, but if Champ and Etheryn are in a relationship, Ryn unsubtly suggests that she wants Champ to have the crown as her king/queen consort.
Will it affect anything in any major way if you tell her to keep it?

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
I have a minor UI gripe: Ashe's sleep menu, the new talk post Ice-Demon is the left most button. The left most button should INSTEAD be headrubs. Followed by the sex menu. Followed by lore options.

So someone quickly going through sleep to get back to adventuring can enjoy headrubs before finding a new sack of experience to bother.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
It bothers me that I can't see the Drider Queen cuddle scene, high corruption should not lock you out of those kind of scenes.
Tbh, it makes a lot of sense that it does lock ya out.

Revenant

Dec 28, 2022
Not really since high corruption people like Aileh and even demons like Kasyrra can enjoy cuddling, hugs, etc.

Not to mention all the scenes where the Champion already is doing and enjoying such things regardless of purity or corruption.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Not really since high corruption people like Aileh and even demons like Kasyrra can enjoy cuddling, hugs, etc.

Not to mention all the scenes where the Champion already is doing and enjoying such things regardless of purity or corruption.
PC mechanics don't mean NPCs act the same as them man.
Plus it could just be that corruption wasn't accounted for in writing said scenes which is a sorta different matter than the gating.

Revenant

Dec 28, 2022
PC mechanics don't mean NPCs act the same as them man.
Plus it could just be that corruption wasn't accounted for in writing said scenes which is a sorta different matter than the gating.
What I meant by comparing the PC and some of the npc was to show that there is no lore reason for it since they prove corruption wouldn't stop someone from behaving like that, and as far as I remember corruption as a mechanic never locked any scenes like that one, so there is no real reason to not let us see similar scenes from a corrupted PC considering we can already see a lot of them where at most there was one or two flavour sentences acknowledging corruption.

Tamsee

Mar 2, 2018
On one hand it does limit your content. On the other hand, this is Corruption of Champions, even if the first word doesn't influence as much content as in the first game (I think, nostalgia glasses can be sneaky).

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
It bothers me that I can't see the Drider Queen cuddle scene, high corruption should not lock you out of those kind of scenes
Agreed, it makes no sense considering what the MC and other corrupted characters do. If the "emotionally cold" aspect of the corrupted champ was consistent it'd make sense but it isn't.