Your Gripes With CoC2

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Honestly, Jen is probably the NPC I wanted to like the most in the game's early days but I just can't get there. The fact that ANY attempts to have sex with her lead to her branding you an EVIL EVIL MAN (WOMAN?) forever more after just makes her annoying and not worth it. Like if there was a point you could reach where you don't have to force yourself on her and can just clap her cheeks consenually, she'd be way better.

Edit: I'll be honest, the new pregnancies for Wynne and Matiha really disappointed me. There's no new [Talk] options about their pregnancies, no accounting for how far along they are (I didn't even realise I got Wynne pregnant, that's how little I noticed), no differences to their extant sex scenes and only one new one which is is good, but not really enough. Having no artwork or even mention of their bellies didn't help either.

Last edited:

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Honestly, Jen is probably the NPC I wanted to like the most in the game's early days but I just can't get there. The fact that ANY attempts to have sex with her lead to her branding you an EVIL EVIL MAN (WOMAN?) forever more after just makes her annoying and not worth it. Like if there was a point you could reach where you don't have to force yourself on her and can just clap her cheeks consenually, she'd be way better.
Unfortunately the consensual Jen scene probably ain't gonna happen while Leofric is still around. Because apparently, he's the kind of person she's in love with and is saving herself for.

TVGuru

Dec 23, 2015
So there is no actual birth scene for Kohaku right? I can't seem to find it. Even with me hanging out in the Den I get nothing. If you're going to limit how many kids we can have with a NPC, then atleast don't cut out one of the most important events. PC doesn't even react to the kid already being born when we visit. Just feels like a huge disconnect.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
The longest suffering victim of this though is Gwyn. I have no idea how old her content is and she STILL just phases to not pregnant at some point and no acknowledgement is made of it. There's probably a few other victims of this but in general I'd expect pregnancy content to have:
  • finding out they're pregnant
  • progression (pregnancy talk, appearance changes, portrait changes, new sex scenes and/or changes to old sex scenes)
  • giving birth (were you there or not, if they're a named child then the giving of the name)
  • aftermath (talks about children, miscellaneous appearances from the kids, appearance change)

The naming thing is def the most optional because there's various cases where it doesn't apply or wouldn't work. Like sure there's multiple named Kiyoko kits but man, 5 different naming and birth scenes for one character would be overkill. Same goes for large numbers of children being born at once or scenarios where we couldn't be there like Zhara (is Mitra being born a requirement for getting Zhara into the Wayfort? I actually don't know.) There's also an optional "unlocking preg content" step, and certain characters don't have talk options but on the whole I'd say that's my expectation of preg content. Honestly in most cases I think that bar is satisfied, the exceptions are just particularly notable because of that.

Reactions: valkyr42

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I just don't see the point in the pregnancies that literally have no content besides the general pregnancy dialogue. I'd rather have 1 special kid instead of thousands of nobodies. Kind of disappointing that the champ doesn't get to birth a special kid though.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
The longest suffering victim of this though is Gwyn. I have no idea how old her content is and she STILL just phases to not pregnant at some point and no acknowledgement is made of it. There's probably a few other victims of this but in general I'd expect pregnancy content to have:
Oh yeah, I remember getting her pregnant and thought it was weird that nobody said anything about her children running around.

Reactions: Furiae

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I mean, yeah, but special kids are effectively new NPCs.
They're a ton of work.
I understand taking the "mass produced" over "specific design" approach.
Then why bother? Just don't do pregnancy content unless the writer wants to do a one off kid.

Reactions: valkyr42

Gabranth

Apr 26, 2023
Then why bother? Just don't do pregnancy content unless the writer wants to do a one off kid.
You know, this makes me think:
Bear with me, pls:
So, writers (blessed their hearts) don't have the time to write a unique kid for each girl that gets pregnant, so they just skip pregnancy altogether.
Some people would complain, sure.
But enough to make a difference?
Would we notice the lack of preg content?

I'd gladly sacrifice all pregnancies just to get the main storyline to advance.
(I don't like pregnancy)

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
You know, this makes me think:
Bear with me, pls:
So, writers (blessed their hearts) don't have the time to write a unique kid for each girl that gets pregnant, so they just skip pregnancy altogether.
Some people would complain, sure.
But enough to make a difference?
Would we notice the lack of preg content?

I'd gladly sacrifice all pregnancies just to get the main storyline to advance.
(I don't like pregnancy)
Fair enough.. me too if it meant more Kas content.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
So there is no actual birth scene for Kohaku right? I can't seem to find it. Even with me hanging out in the Den I get nothing. If you're going to limit how many kids we can have with a NPC, then atleast don't cut out one of the most important events. PC doesn't even react to the kid already being born when we visit. Just feels like a huge disconnect.
Wait, is that seriously how it is?
What..
Well that's super fucking disappointing as someone who wanted this content for her. :/

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
but special kids are effectively new NPCs.
The problem with special kids is less the time investment and more... they're little. You can't do all that much with them, so they aren't very interesting to write for. Kids like Kinu that grow up quick enough to be their own NPCs require some narrative twists, and we can't do that for every NPC or it'd devalue the ones we have.

ForeverLurker

Feb 9, 2022
The problem with special kids is less the time investment and more... they're little. You can't do all that much with them, so they aren't very interesting to write for. Kids like Kinu that grow up quick enough to be their own NPCs require some narrative twists, and we can't do that for every NPC or it'd devalue the ones we have.
If only we could see the other many fox kids lol I need more floof kid interactions other than kinu Observer.

Gabranth

Apr 26, 2023
YEah this, also there is a decent handful on unique pregnancy's now? Like not on the par of Kinu but.
Freja (Aileh's daughter)
Fluffsneks (Vatia's kids)
Mitra(?) (Zhara's(harpy) daughter)
I think that's it. The ones I've experienced, anyways

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
<snip snip>
I've been going over a dozen good ways to respond to this for a week, but suffice it to say, my assumption is that the explanation for anything that doesn't make conventional sense in this game can be boiled down to either fetishes (i.e. why are all the cow girls constantly lactating even if they've never had kids? Because lactation/breastfeeding fetishes. And so on) or it makes sense from a story or character perspective, i.e. defeating Kasyrra falls to us because that's the central narrative through line and all the drama and pathos they wring from it if she's our lover doesn't work if it's some random NPC whom Kasy maybe met once, if ever.
  • finding out they're pregnant
  • progression (pregnancy talk, appearance changes, portrait changes, new sex scenes and/or changes to old sex scenes)
  • giving birth (were you there or not, if they're a named child then the giving of the name)
  • aftermath (talks about children, miscellaneous appearances from the kids, appearance change)
Gwyn is probably one of the first impregnable NPCs so pretty old. Also given this lady pushed out octoplets I don't think a smaller litter would slow her down. The birth in general is destined to be left out because most people don't find birth arousing, and I imagine a lot of writers don't want to write it.
The naming thing is def the most optional because there's various cases where it doesn't apply or wouldn't work. Like sure there's multiple named Kiyoko kits but man, 5 different naming and birth scenes for one character would be overkill. Same goes for large numbers of children being born at once or scenarios where we couldn't be there like Zhara (is Mitra being born a requirement for getting Zhara into the Wayfort? I actually don't know.) There's also an optional "unlocking preg content" step, and certain characters don't have talk options but on the whole I'd say that's my expectation of preg content. Honestly in most cases I think that bar is satisfied, the exceptions are just particularly notable because of that.
Mitra is not a requirement but for some reason there's a mega glitch that conjures her out of thin air if you've never fathered Zhara's chicks. It can happen even if you don't have a penis. I know because I checked it.
I just don't see the point in the pregnancies that literally have no content besides the general pregnancy dialogue. I'd rather have 1 special kid instead of thousands of nobodies. Kind of disappointing that the champ doesn't get to birth a special kid though.
I get the frustration, but a sizable part of the pregnancy fetish (speaking as someone who has one) is not about having the kid per sé. It's about the mother's changing body, and the intimacy of it, and the sense of anticipation of having a baby together. Also pregnancy may not be the most widespread fetish but it definitely has one of the most vocal fandoms. Heck why else would Mayternity be a thing?

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Gwyn is probably one of the first impregnable NPCs so pretty old. Also given this lady pushed out octoplets I don't think a smaller litter would slow her down. The birth in general is destined to be left out because most people don't find birth arousing, and I imagine a lot of writers don't want to write it.

My bad I should've been more specific, I mean the kinda "waiting outside the room for the news" sorta thing where you get to walk in and see them holding the baby after the fact not the actual giving birth bit. Basically just the acknowledgement that you made sure to show up so they wouldn't be alone. Cat harem is an example of this I think, you're called in after the fact to see the harem holding their babies.