Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
I'm not sure if this is a bug exactly so I didn't make a bug report, but this is annoying as hell and I don't know if it's my settings or something else causing it. When looking at a character sheet via pressing the dots to see their powers, I keep having this issue with my party members, where most of them are invisible and it's impossible to move it, in this image this is Elthara's character sheet during Spectre of the Wyld, now regardless of what I do I can't see anything more than that, pressing that "Fire..." (Fireball presumably) does nothing, so I can't check out her other powers. I wish there was a slider of some sort, or some other way to move powers ahead, as this happens 90 % of the time for me. This is with the windows client, on 1920x1080 resolution which is native for my laptop, just in case it's a screen resolution problem.

Out of bounds.png

Reactions: Melancholy Man

Gabranth

Apr 26, 2023
Finally made an account, after reading the entire thread.

I'll start by saying that I LOVE this game, started playing ~2 years ago, and it's come a long way. So, please, don't take what I'll say as an attack, or anything like that. With that out of the way:

Fox Den, I feel like I could just say those two words and people would get it. Seriously, what's up with that? Only things that might make it bearable are Tetsuya, props to JStar for him, Kohaku, and Rindo.
Hell, it got so bad that now I just don't visit the place, which sucks because I love Kitsune, except those annoying ones in the Frostwood, Kura's good though.

Still Kitsune related:
My beloved Kinu and Kiyoko.
Kinu is the ONLY kid I had in all of FenCo's games, she was so sweet that I couldn't bear to leave her trapped in the orb, something I instantly regretted because of how her stuff is handled once she's free.

So, no more Kiyoko or Kinu for me, which, again, sucks, but maybe that's a "me" problem, although based on what I've read here, might not be a "me" thing.

Moving on:
Evelyn. Bro, I love talking to chars in this game, finding out stuff about them, about the world. Here we have an interesting character, royalty, an effing princess!
Gated behind being a sub, at least at first
(Yeah yeah, I know stuff was added later so she can switch) and not even the kind dom, like Annika (Alypia, love your writing) felt more like a piece of meat than a human being. Yeah yeah, I know some people dig it, but a way to interact with her without being reduced to an onahole would be nice.
If not? Meh, plenty of characters to go around.

What else...
What Etheryn went through is inhumane, my gripe(s) would be that:
1- You can't throw that damn cage in a volcano
2- You can't take your sweet time with Alyssa
3- The whole "Idk if I'll ever look at you the same way" Etheryn says after you Oof Alyssa, feelsbadman. I know she was your only family, but c'mon, not even Kas pulls shit like that.

Onward!
Still no alt way to get the "Redemption" path for Kas. Nope, still behind building the temple, which, I thought, was a good thing. Wrooong. (Great scene between Kas and Mallach, so there's that, at least)

Very, very minor thing:
Liaden and Azzy act like they're together during the High Ground quest, which is odd, since I said NO to getting them together.

That content was... Off. But I'll not get into it, because it's been talked to death lol

I think that's it?
Anyways, all in all, great game, it's come a long way since I first found it.

Savin, my dude, beautiful thing you have here.

TVGuru

Dec 23, 2015
The entire point of the Elthara/PC scene existing is so you can let Ryn blow off her steam, not get fucked by her yourself, and then also still be a participant. There is in fact an entire route through the event where you get what you wanted without having to bottom for her literally ever.
Except not wanting to be a voyeur or sharing Elthara.

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
Holy Ward and other stances like it.

You weave a holy ward around an ally, granting the target a
+20 bonus to Mental, Magical, and Physical Resistances, and regenerating
X Health every turn. When you first enter the stance, the target is healed for ???.

Because you start in stance now you don't get to pick your target with things like Holy Ward. So if you don't get lucky enough for the game to pick the target you want you have to spend a turn retargeting. I feel like this kind of defeats the purpose of the change to starting in stance.

Reactions: YEsManKablaam

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Since the full combat rework is past us that leaves me with some problems on how certain weapons are, so here is how I would want some of them changed:

Sanctified Gladius: Take away 5 points from spell power and armor pen but give it plus 10 ward. My idea behind this is to make this less automatic of a weapon choice for melee, spellblade, and duel wielding in general. Also I gave it ward as no other weapon does and it complements the Dawn Swords plus 10 armor and focus.

Dawn Sword: Axe both versions holy/blight damage by 5 points. My reason is that Dawn Sword feels a little too good for a light weapon and if I could I would only nerf the pure Dawn Sword but we need to be fair.

Guldring: Change damage type from fire to holy or change stat scaling from presence to willpower or Increase it from half to two thirds. This thing needs some help to be more competitive to just how good the Dawn Sword is in general.

Blank Scroll: Plus 5 focus, minus 5 accuracy. It's just a worse Bull Totem currently and giving it some focus would give it a small niche over other off hand catalysts.

Wing of Asira: Add 5 armor pen. This thing needs something no way disarm immunity should relegate it to be shit.

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
Since the full combat rework is past us that leaves me with some problems on how certain weapons are, so here is how I would want some of them changed:

Sanctified Gladius: Take away 5 points from spell power and armor pen but give it plus 10 ward. My idea behind this is to make this less automatic of a weapon choice for melee, spellblade, and duel wielding in general. Also I gave it ward as no other weapon does and it complements the Dawn Swords plus 10 armor and focus.

Dawn Sword: Axe both versions holy/blight damage by 5 points. My reason is that Dawn Sword feels a little too good for a light weapon and if I could I would only nerf the pure Dawn Sword but we need to be fair.

Guldring: Change damage type from fire to holy or change stat scaling from presence to willpower or Increase it from half to two thirds. This thing needs some help to be more competitive to just how good the Dawn Sword is in general.

Blank Scroll: Plus 5 focus, minus 5 accuracy. It's just a worse Bull Totem currently and giving it some focus would give it a small niche over other off hand catalysts.

Wing of Asira: Add 5 armor pen. This thing needs something no way disarm immunity should relegate it to be shit.
The thing about nerfs is that they tend to kill interest in a thing if they change the nature of that thing it was previously known for like, why are you giving SG, an offensive weapon, a defensive buff? It already limits a player because it's for pure boyz but now you're making it less competitive with other choices.

Reactions: Ultra Chad

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I think it should just outright have more damage. 5 extra damage in either of its categories still leaves it lower than a basic knife, but I think that's way better than just 5 armor penetration.

Reactions: Gabranth

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Just in case you don't know: The Wing of Asira prevents the main hand from being disarmed, even when in the offhand. I see it more as a utility piece you keep in the inventory. If you know a enemy can disarm and you have a light weapon in the main hand or dual wield, equip the wing and be safe. It's quite handy against the imp shankers.

Revenant

Dec 28, 2022
If anything corrupted Dawnsword should be stronger considering you can lose it if you forget you have it with you when visiting the valkyries and won't be able to use it again unless you are willing to change your play style or had a recent save, it won't happen though.

Reactions: Ker0k and Yokohama

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Its a legendary lightsaber. If anything make it stronger.
Fine lets remove the light tag. I happy if that happened too, get it out of the light weapon pool.
The thing about nerfs is that they tend to kill interest in a thing if they change the nature of that thing it was previously known for like, why are you giving SG, an offensive weapon, a defensive buff? It already limits a player because it's for pure boyz but now you're making it less competitive with other choices.
I would like to say if your pure its basically the best light weapon other then the Dawn Sword at least to me. I dislike how good the holy damage type is and the holy weapons are in essence one of the major factors for my dislike. I just wish they were more balance to not just be the best weapon for the job bar Grief maker and other ap weapons.
I think it should just outright have more damage. 5 extra damage in either of its categories still leaves it lower than a basic knife, but I think that's way better than just 5 armor penetration.
Yeah more damage is always nice but I assume they gave it low damage to make it not just the thrown gladius or sword, I was going to suggest 10 armor pen but thought it might break the points. Now that I think about it what if it has plus 10 crit effectiveness rather then more damage if you can even add that to a weapon.
Just in case you don't know: The Wing of Asira prevents the main hand from being disarmed, even when in the offhand. I see it more as a utility piece you keep in the inventory. If you know a enemy can disarm and you have a light weapon in the main hand or dual wield, equip the wing and be safe. It's quite handy against the imp shankers.
But is disarm immunity worth 10 points? It really seems like it's a weapon made to fix a problem but it fails in that niche because it's does 30%ish less damage then the Dawn Sword, Gladius, and Petal when you are fighting demons all the time and most enemy's don't have a disarm. Also I did mention it granted disarm immunity didn't I?

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
I would like to say if your pure its basically the best light weapon other then the Dawn Sword at least to me. I dislike how good the holy damage type is and the holy weapons are in essence one of the major factors for my dislike. I just wish they were more balance to not just be the best weapon for the job bar Grief maker and other ap weapons.
I feel that, tho, holy weapon advantage is niche because demon encounters are rare outside of main story encounters so at most you're getting little extra numbers in. I do think the other weapons do need a buff in their unique skills to be competitive.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
But is disarm immunity worth 10 points? It really seems like it's a weapon made to fix a problem but it fails in that niche because it's does 30%ish less damage then the Dawn Sword, Gladius, and Petal when you are fighting demons all the time and most enemy's don't have a disarm.
I agree. It's a utility piece at best.
Also I did mention it granted disarm immunity didn't I?
I explained that again since I completely misunderstood the effect when I tried out the wings of Asira. It took me a long time to realize that the wings prevent other weapons from being disarmed as well. Hence, I'm never sure if other people know that or not.

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Not sure how other people feel, but I feel that their are way too many powers based on spellpower and more should be base on other stats. Particularly sexiness for charmer buffs.

Afier

Sep 4, 2015
Not sure how other people feel, but I feel that their are way too many powers based on spellpower and more should be base on other stats. Particularly sexiness for charmer buffs.
That's due to the tag system if I understand it correctly. Any action that is a "Tease" benefits from sexiness, any action that is a "Spell" benefits from spellpower, and anything that is tagged "Weapon" uses attack power. Which is where the spellblade comes from, there are a lot of Weapon Spell abilities, but not a lot of Teases.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
What is the difference? Generally asking as I have no idea what a himbo is.
A himbo is a term for men who are big, muscular and stupid, but also incorrigibly kind and good-natured. Kronk is one example, another would be Raphael from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Basically think a lovable dumb jock. It's not inherently sexual, but it does lend itself to sexual fantasies.

A bimboy... is just a male version of a bimbo. Think the Faux Cow version of the Treatment. (Aka the "femboy with anal and oral fixations, a major exhibitionism fetish, a massive ass and a small cock but absurdly big balls" version.)

Last edited:

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
A himbo is a term for men who are big, muscular and stupid, but also incorrigibly kind and good-natured. Kronk is one example, another would be Raphael from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Basically think a lovable dumb jock. It's not inherently sexual, but it does lend itself to sexual fantasies

A bimboy... is just a male version of a bimbo. Think the Faux Cow version of the Treatment. (Aka the "femboy with anal and oral fixations, a major exhibitionism fetish, a massive ass and a small cock but absurdly big balls" version.)
I personally don't get the appeal of bimbos or bimboys. Although, I do like the idea of a female Kronk for some reason. I wonder if there's such a thing as a female himbo.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I personally don't get the appeal of bimbos or bimboys.
Hey that's fine. It's subjective. It's not my favourite fetish, but I don't hate it either. Basically I think people just really like the idea of someone who's a cheerful ditz and really horny all the time. Though I have also seen some darker stuff that bends towards mindbreak fetish but that's not what I'm into.
Although, I do like the idea of a female Kronk for some reason. I wonder if there's such a thing as a female himbo.
I don't know if there's an official term for it, but yeah. Effie from Fire Emblem Fates is an example.

Reactions: Kesil

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Personally I like Bimbo in this game primarily because the dialogue changes (especially when combined with Silly Mode) becomes frequently hilarious or extremely sweet, especially dialogue by Aly, SKoW and a couple of others that do it really well. It's also handy because Bimbo personality completely overrides Dark Knight personality, meaning you can just completely ignore the Corruption stat in terms of what dialogue or the like you will get, it will even override the Dawnsword quest and give you a pure Dawnsword at 100 Corruption if you are a Bimbo. As long as you don't care about using a very few items like Sanctified Gladius, this means you can pretty much sex up anyone with zero consequences of any kind... just like a bimbo. Contrast that with COC1 where the only reason I got it was because it made the Tease attacks slightly better, and I got rid of the mental issues as soon as I could.

Oct 16, 2018
A himbo is a term for men who are big, muscular and stupid, but also incorrigibly kind and good-natured. Kronk is one example, another would be Raphael from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Basically think a lovable dumb jock. It's not inherently sexual, but it does lend itself to sexual fantasies

Bimboys can have HUGE bimbo boobies too! Bustyboy is like, a super good thing to mesh with bimboy!

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Hey that's fine. It's subjective. It's not my favourite fetish, but I don't hate it either. Basically I think people just really like the idea of someone who's a cheerful ditz and really horny all the time.
Plus they're extremely rare in the fetish spaces so there's not a lot of material for them to "get" in comparison to their female counterparts. Honestly tho, nobody says a cheerful dizty boy can't exist (obviously :U). Even if it isn't my wheelhouse either Ig I'm more into the boi vers. because of having something different in the trope for a change. (Just ditch the huge lips I see on them and Bimbos and keep the pink lipstick and I'm good)

Though I have also seen some darker stuff that bends towards mindbreak fetish but that's not what I'm into.
Yeeeaaah same, me neither, maybe it's why I don't humor Bimboys too much myself. x.x

Bimboys can have HUGE bimbo boobies too! Bustyboy is like, a super good thing to mesh with bimboy!
While that is true, people will see tits and either assume the dude's a girl and probably be pissy he's a feminine busty lad instead of lady, or try to make him into a girl because feminization be it forced or otherwise is still a thing in the fandom.

(Don't get me wrong tho I was interested in Bustyboys for a time, and have seen some and wouldn't mind someone breaking the formula because it'd break the stereotype in a big way (Although you'll need to get me to trust that they'll actually be boys instead of girls like I see with most "traps" in Fengames since otherwise it's just a normal bimbo if you get me), but alas, outside of the smaller femboy tits, NPCs with big ones and dicks are usually always girls because that's how it roll RIP. Might be good to ease people that are into the Bimboy niche to take it easy so to speak and start slow, ya know, unless those that want that will throw it up in submissions.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kesil
Status
Not open for further replies.