Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
Did the wayfort repairs through Daliza and I have to admit that having champ bring up to the bailiff, completely unprompted, that the stockades could be put up so that people can fuck and get fucked in public was quite an odd choice for what is supposed to be the pure route.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Why does that matter? Being a pure champ surely doesn't make them any less into fetishes and kinks.
Putting people into the stockades is a pretty harsh thing to do, objectively speaking, but it should be consideredquite lenient compared to great many other period appropriate punishments.

Putting people into the stockades so that others can force themselves onto the prisoner is pretty darn corrupt if you ask me. Even being as sexually liberal as they are, most uncorrupted folks we meet would balk at the idea.

Having an entirely kink-based set of public stockades would be fine, but it would still raise a few eyebrows and be considered quite scandalous by most of the civilized people of the Marches.

Last edited:

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
Why does that matter? Being a pure champ surely doesn't make them any less into fetishes and kinks.
Same reason why champ shouldn't just tell everyone they meet that they are the most beautiful person they've ever met, or proclaim their love after a single meeting, or many other things without the player clicking the button to do just that. It breaks immersion when the character's words don't match what the player wants. I get that it's not easy to cover every possible way a scene can go and that always going for the middle of the road option makes Champ a thoughtless blob but if there are extreme options on the table, then giving the player a choice of which they go for is better than just picking whichever you like and the player has to deal with it.

If this scene had an option whether to bring up the possible use of the stockades to Daliza instead of it being the default and only then it would've been fine.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Did the wayfort repairs through Daliza and I have to admit that having champ bring up to the bailiff, completely unprompted, that the stockades could be put up so that people can fuck and get fucked in public was quite an odd choice for what is supposed to be the pure route.
You may be misreading the scene.
There's a frown on Daliza's part when you reach the stockades — or at least the space where stockades should be — and she shares an awkward look with you.

"I hope you don't think this improper of me, but do you actually plan to put this in place one day?"

"The stockades?" A fair question, but a little hard to imagine when you're staring at a bunch of worthless planks in an otherwise-empty courtyard. "Maybe."

The bailiff sighs and rubs the back of her head, "I'm not inclined towards public humiliation, although I suppose it shows a gentler hand for lesser crimes. So long as passers-by aren't throwing rotten fruit like we're some kind of savages."

{PC bimbo or high libido: "What about fucking?" |else: "What, you didn't just install this for sex like Jael'yn?"}

You might as well have suggested the floor was on fire, by the way Daliza backs away from it. "What do you mean?"

"I don't even mean for punishment, I mean that... for certain people, being able to get fucked in public like that is incredible. [...]"

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Same reason why champ shouldn't just tell everyone they meet that they are the most beautiful person they've ever met, or proclaim their love after a single meeting, or many other things without the player clicking the button to do just that. It breaks immersion when the character's words don't match what the player wants
Yeah, the problem here that most people seem to miss is that the Champ =/= the player. Savin lays it out neatly right here. There are some things that can be done with player input but a lot of things are going to be unprompted, such as the canonically pansexual Champ finding attractive all sexable characters regardless of what you headcanon for them.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Im just mad they took the fucking boulder, I'm with the champ cringing at that evil being committed.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Doesn't the winter city have sex stocks already anyway? Maybe it's a cultural thing. Who are we and Daliza to judge?

Im just mad they took the fucking boulder

As a veteran Resident Evil player, boulders are fucking evil and should be punched to death. Only filthy boulder co-conspirators would mourn those sinister heaps of stone death and QTE's. I hate QTE's. As one should.

Lone Wolf115

Doesn't the winter city have sex stocks already anyway? Maybe it's a cultural thing. Who are we and Daliza to judge?

As a veteran Resident Evil player, boulders are fucking evil and should be punched to death. Only filthy boulder co-conspirators would mourn those sinister heaps of stone death and QTE's. I hate QTE's. As one should.
I mean with the stocks who are we to judge.

Oh yeah those, leave the punching to Chris, and the knife throwing into little evil high pitched gnomes hands to Leon. Always carry a rocket launcher (when it doubt blow it to hell) and avoid those raspy breathing regenerators.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
You may be misreading the scene.
I misread the part after that when Daliza said she won't be accused of shaming anyone's sexual predilections. I thought she was referring to the champ and not the folks who are into exhibitionism. Still find it weird as to why champ would bring up how the stockades were used for a fun time back at the WC while it was a corrupted den of lust and depravity.
Yeah, the problem here that most people seem to miss is that the Champ =/= the player. Savin lays it out neatly right here. There are some things that can be done with player input but a lot of things are going to be unprompted, such as the canonically pansexual Champ finding attractive all sexable characters regardless of what you headcanon for them.
I am well aware of that, thank you. I don't mind the things the champ HAS to be in order for the game to function. More the small things that allow for personalization and help with immersion.

Reactions: Daft Hellians

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
You're being very silly.
I misread the part after that when Daliza said she won't be accused of shaming anyone's sexual predilections. I thought she was referring to the champ and not the folks who are into exhibitionism. Still find it weird as to why champ would bring up how the stockades were used for a fun time back at the WC while it was a corrupted den of lust and depravity.
It's the only example of exhib that's even remotely relevant to this conversation and that could be brought up without doing a bunch of checks for whether Champ's, say, been to Khor'minos. Champ's initial comment isn't 100% clear, but reading the conversation as a whole, neither character is describing corrupt stuff as a particularly good idea.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I do have a problem with Daliza. When she asks you about renovating the Wayfort. She basically asks you "do you want me to explain it to you" and you are given 2 options. To accept her help or to go off on ypur own. Both lead to same dialogue.
Like, why give me an option if nothink changes? Why does this keep repeating?

Reactions: Aurore and Emerald

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I think thats a glitch, but as everyone is on christmas break theres a few of those still floating around post hotfix, like femros headpatting king crimsoning you.

Tuatha

Jul 13, 2021
Having people stuck in transition makes me kind of sad in a world where it's a solved problem. There are multiple characters who seem unhappy to have lost their girlparts but can't gain them back or need to be dedicked to do so, but I feel like in the very very least I should be able to wrangle Kass into fixing that problem if we're romancing. I feel like Ryn and Evelynn would be more than happy to get them for the PC (or maybe not, the characters could be very adverse to the idea!)

irl sucks and has limitations, but this is a sexy kinky fantasy world where these gross awful problems can be fixed and together we can reach the polyamorous futa dogpile utopia that everyone deserves

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I feel like Ryn and Evelynn would be more than happy to get them for the PC (or maybe not, the characters could be very adverse to the idea!)
First off, welcome to the board. Second, you do not want to open the Pandora's Box that is suggesting Ryn should get a vagina. There are only so many ways that Savin can say he has utterly no interest in writing that and there are only so many ways that Ryn can say that she doesn't want a vagina and they've all been said long ago. She's not 'stuck in transition', she's fine with herself the way she was born. It's the way her sister treated her that's the problem, not her body.

Evelyn too is quite happy with her current situation and shows precisely no interest in trying to revert her body back to how it used to be.

In general, TFing characters is deliberately restricted to things that are set up from the start because it means writers only need to account for only so many variables and characters don't devolve into generic sucky garbage.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
The only character you can technically TF yourself is ironically cait, which is to make her a 6ft tall fully half-leothorian, or make her suck mino cock like 25 times to make her T H I C C.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Evelyn too is quite happy with her current situation and shows precisely no interest in trying to revert her body back to how it used to be.
Evelyn grew to love her dick and all the delicious possibilities it opens for spoiling or disciplining her food boys and girls, that much is true. However she is very affirmed in her gender and I don't think that she would be adverse to the idea of growing back her old equipment to compliment the new. So it is mainly an issue of Wsan being busy as all hell and possibly having no interest in returning to Ev's content. Both can potentially be solved through a well funded commission.

Reactions: Tuatha

Tuatha

Jul 13, 2021
First off, welcome to the board. Second, you do not want to open the Pandora's Box that is suggesting Ryn should get a vagina. There are only so many ways that Savin can say he has utterly no interest in writing that and there are only so many ways that Ryn can say that she doesn't want a vagina and they've all been said long ago. She's not 'stuck in transition', she's fine with herself the way she was born. It's the way her sister treated her that's the problem, not her body.

In general, TFing characters is deliberately restricted to things that are set up from the start because it means writers only need to account for only so many variables and characters don't devolve into generic sucky garbage.
Thanks, lurked a long while but mostly been messing around with the games way back to that dice roll body transformation flash where there was one button and it was random as to what you would get / what would multiply.

Sorry if it was a touchy subject (not the fun kind), I may have misunderstood the point of the thread to be venting or not understanding and didn't mean to come off like it was a demand of mine. I'm not one of those people who thinks the PC or any of the characters is mine or anything, all these games are expansive rpgs with many options which can trick people into thinking certain ways about what their ocs can do or push on others, or what other characters can be pushed into.

I guess from these games I'm a lot more used to seeing characters talked into getting male bodyparts or to enhance them, so at first my brain assumes "Ryn's feminine and can be a little subby, this seems like something she'd be ok with being talked into". But it's not my character, I don't really know how they think or where their hard lines are. Maybe because of how her sister treated her, she'll have the confidence to stand up to you and say she's not okay with growing a vagina for you, and that you'll have to bend for her if you're a male pc or just not have children together.
And though traditionally the whole corruption / purity aspect has played with blurring or deleting people's hard lines in the games whether it's changing gender or bending monogamy into full on voyeurism polyamory, I can understand if a writer has a hard barrier for their character.

As far as variables writing goes I can also understand, though at the risk of being too complainy I guess another gripe of mine would be that I personally prefer not a mile wide but inch deep for content, but that's mostly because (in large part due to these games) my ideal scenario is just all my companions in a pregnant lovey dogpile.

Anyway I hope that cleared up my intentions and train of thought a decent amount, and hopefully didn't bring up anything with too dark or spicy a conversation history

Last edited:
Reactions: Burnerbro

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Really dont factor much of CoC1 into CoC2, they are mostly only related by name. Due to mods that plauge the lore of CoC1 trying to refrence anything from it is impossible.

Tuatha

Jul 13, 2021
Really dont factor much of CoC1 into CoC2, they are mostly only related by name. Due to mods that plauge the lore of CoC1 trying to refrence anything from it is impossible.
Having a rough time following that, third party fanfiction ruined canon lore and made it not count? Or have there been too many people counting mods as canon during discussions or getting confused? Either way I didn't mean to have the specifics of it matter, just used an example of the different lines people have being moved .. I mean it's in the title of the series ;)
Hopefully the rest of what I said wasn't derailed by the reference.

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
The latter, mostly.
CoC2 is not a bubble created in a vacuum-it has been developed after previous events and circumstances, up and including CoC's Helspawn, creator rights and mods issues, TiTS' TF elements and how they impact (or not) in a game's code or scenes, the very size of scenes themselves... All those moments have left a mark in the way staff manages its contents, for better or worse.

Last edited:

Kaplah

Jan 14, 2017

At the risk of opening said pandora's box... Where does Ryn say she's opposed to having a vag?

Don't get me wrong, I understand and accept that the devs have no desire to make that content and I have no intention of pushing the idea, I just want to know if there's an instance of Ryn being directly opposed to the vagina or not. I know she doesn't want to lose the dick from her reaction when you suggest removing it to remove the cage but I don't recall anything about being specifically opposed to a vagina. Unless we're going with the idea that since the idea is never brought up it's implied that she has no desire for one. And no, I'm not trying to imply that her potentially not directly saying something means that there's no evidence that she would be opposed to it or anything, my brain's just hooked on the semantics of this.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
At the risk of opening said pandora's box... Where does Ryn say she's opposed to having a vag?

Don't get me wrong, I understand and accept that the devs have no desire to make that content and I have no intention of pushing the idea, I just want to know if there's an instance of Ryn being directly opposed to the vagina or not. I know she doesn't want to lose the dick from her reaction when you suggest removing it to remove the cage but I don't recall anything about being specifically opposed to a vagina. Unless we're going with the idea that since the idea is never brought up it's implied that she has no desire for one. And no, I'm not trying to imply that her potentially not directly saying something means that there's no evidence that she would be opposed to it or anything, my brain's just hooked on the semantics of this.
In The Cage talk post-Winter City,

"How're you coping?" you ask her.

All she can manage for an answer is a helpless shrug. "Not like I have much choice in the matter. Evergreen said alchemy and magic won't help. I can't unlock it, I can't get rid of my dick even if I wanted to. Can't grow a vagina, even if I wanted to. I'm just... stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.