Wings of Asira needs a buff

desmosome

Jun 23, 2020
I've come back after a long break and was looking into new unique light weapons that can go with the C. Petal.

The Corrupted Dawnsword is pretty nice, although the holy version looks much better with a better element and skill. The dragon mace would be nice with a light affix. These are not throwing weapons though, and I've long been looking for a throwable unique weapon to dual wield with the petal.

That brings me to Wings of Asira. The description is really cool, and the process of getting it was a choice between 4 uniques after a significant main story quest. I don't understand why it has such shit damage that is weaker than literally any other weapon. Yea, holy is a good element, but that's not gonna offset the pitiful base damage. The disarm immunity is a situationally useful effect, but it's certainly not anything exceptional that will come into play in most fights.

It seems like the item design philosophy is to absolutely be against power creep. I'm on board with that for sure. That said, new uniques should at least be somewhere in the ballpark of older uniques. The best designs would be side grades with interesting effects or very slight upgrades, but Wings of Asira is just too weak to use as your primary offhand choice. You could say the special effect is powerful, but is it really a better effect than something like C. Petal? Even after the rework, 50 AP when critting is awesome.

Unique weapons should at least be close to mundane weapons in terms of stats, and then have the special effect on top of that. As is, I would rather use a flame dagger on the offhand.

On a side note, I think special effects that provide combat powers that need to be equipped is rather lackluster. Those slots are extremely limited and 99% of the time, any power you get from the equipment is not gonna be better than whatever else you were using before. That just makes those special effects worthless (except for roleplaying).

Reactions: waterpanther7

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
The Wings of Asira are throwing daggers. Pure power isn't the point. It's a weapon suitable for rogues, which depend on chip/crit damage. Every future weapon isn't supposed to be an upgrade of a previous weapon.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
The Wings of Asira are throwing daggers. Pure power isn't the point. It's a weapon suitable for rogues, which depend on chip/crit damage. Every future weapon isn't supposed to be an upgrade of a previous weapon.
Yeah, sure, it's not going to hit super hard, but the Wing of Asira has garbage damage. Every weapon with less than 30 total damage currently either has high armor penetration (club and light hammer) or an innate bleed special effect (kunai and trident) except for Asira. This lets them effectively havve a higher potential damage than their specific damage number implies. The Wing of Asira's special effect is just immunity to disarmed, and while that is very useful when you encounter an enemy that can disarm you, this means the Wing is basically just scrap metal in any other fight. Like, just compared to the plain dagger, Asira has 33% less damage, no armor penetration, no crit, and the only universal upside is higher accuracy. Higher accuracy is good, but I'm completely certain that, even if you're comparing their performance in the offhand, anybody who hasn't left their agility at the minimum (Which is not anybody using this weapon) would see way better dps with an ordinary dagger.

Keyloada

May 21, 2023
When you consider the limited options people have for light weapons, the wing of asira doesn't justify being wielded. It would almost be better if it was a catalyst or something.

If instead, the daggers gave attack power evasion and accuracy, but weren't light weapons, it would at least serve a purpose and you could wield it with weapons designed for one handed combat. As it stands, because attack power scales off of the base damage of the weapon, there is almost no reason to wield the daggers aside from aesthetic.

I wield them for the aesthetic, but I wish they did something unique and omnipresent. Contrary to what someone else on the thread said, I'd even perfer if it gave me access to a skill or something. Disarm immunity is really really niche, and I don't feel like it justifies the lackluster damage.

desmosome

Jun 23, 2020
If it would be buffed, my ideas would be something like this.

10/15 damage, but give it something like 25 armor pen which would fit its description well.

or just give it comparable damage output to other throwing weapons like 20/15.

Last edited: