Who is your favorite companion?

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Cait, Kiyoko, and Brienne are my favorite.
Quin is my least favorite because he is kind of boring, but he does have so interesting moments on anti-cult missions.
I like Arona, Atugia, and Ryn well enough.
I'm hoping for something like pavarti for azzy, but I don't know if the devs are going to go for that.
Berwyn feels underdeveloped.

Hopefully all companions get their own quests like mass effect 2. A man can dream can't he.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
I don't know what that is, soooo probably not unless it's by accident :p
Pavarti is a character from the outer worlds who is the only romancable character. The twist is that you don't romance here, but help her in her romance with another character.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I know that Winter City is near the end of act one I'm just saying I'd like to know when I'm in the next act because then I'd feel lost or just dumbfounded by not knowing when and where. Are we in act 2 in Khor'minos? I do like to know when such milestones are reached. How do you know how many acts there are
The main story is divided into Acts, there will be three and we know this because Savin has told us so by implication. That means that for story purposes, Khor'minos content is Act 2 and for gameplay purposes everything that's gated behind the Palace of Ice (like the Glacial Rift and the associated Winter Wolf quest) can also be thought of as Act 2 content by proxy.
Hopefully all companions get their own quests like mass effect 2. A man can dream can't he.
I mean, they've all gotten at least one quest so far except Atugia...

Cait: Cat Call, with tons of content gated behind it including another quest
Brint/Brienne: Mad Cow plus their gear sets kinda count as unnamed mini-quests
Berry: The Mistress is his recruitment quest and B is working on a huge expansion right now
Arona: Right of Conquest's effectively her recruitment quest and she's got her spookyquest for the Spirit Totem set.
Azzy: Land of Milky Honey plus the very short quest to get her Honey Maiden set
Kiyoko: Den of Foxes (mandatory) plus everything connected with Kinu in the Astral Plane
Quin: Quintessentials is his recruitment quest
Ryn: Royal Amnesty, plus the end of Act 1 MSQ is her story as much as the Champ's and Spectre of the Wyld might as well count as a Ryn quest even if it's not formally considered a quest.

drossbots

Sep 29, 2020
I know that Winter City is near the end of act one I'm just saying I'd like to know when I'm in the next act because then I'd feel lost or just dumbfounded by not knowing when and where. Are we in act 2 in Khor'minos? I do like to know when such milestones are reached. How do you know how many acts there are @Shrike675?
Sav said we'd be officially 50% of the way there once we first set foot into cow town. Pretty good progress for like 3 years

Lone Wolf115

The main story is divided into Acts, there will be three and we know this because Savin has told us so by implication. That means that for story purposes, Khor'minos content is Act 2 and for gameplay purposes everything that's gated behind the Palace of Ice (like the Glacial Rift and the associated Winter Wolf quest) can also be thought of as Act 2 content by proxy.

I mean, they've all gotten at least one quest so far except Atugia...

Cait: Cat Call, with tons of content gated behind it including another quest
Brint/Brienne: Mad Cow plus their gear sets kinda count as unnamed mini-quests
Berry: The Mistress is his recruitment quest and B is working on a huge expansion right now
Arona: Right of Conquest's effectively her recruitment quest and she's got her spookyquest for the Spirit Totem set.
Azzy: Land of Milky Honey plus the very short quest to get her Honey Maiden set
Kiyoko: Den of Foxes (mandatory) plus everything connected with Kinu in the Astral Plane
Quin: Quintessentials is his recruitment quest
Ryn: Royal Amnesty, plus the end of Act 1 MSQ is her story as much as the Champ's and Spectre of the Wyld might as well count as a Ryn quest even if it's not formally considered a quest.
Sav said we'd be officially 50% of the way there once we first set foot into cow town. Pretty good progress for like 3 years
Thanks to both of you for the information.

Jul 13, 2021
You would probably tear your hair out just grinding exp to get that far in the first place, considering exp requirements for each subsequent level. And since newer enemies would likely scale, well if you took a peek at Kas during winter city you'd probably guess at what I'm trying to get at here.
We're already in act 2 of 3, so if lvl 20 did exist we'd probably be double the current max.
That makes sense, though I'd rather wait for the Devs to say something before assuming anything though.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Yeah... I can only assume you thought the level cap would be 20 by association of Dungeons&Dragons, which is understandable enough given that DnD is one of the notable inspirations for CoC2's Powers and terminologies, but at the same time... 20th level in DnD is basically firmly in the realm of Deities. 10th level meanwhile, is stepping into the territory of Demi-Gods and. more importantly, Divine Avatars. Which is much closer to the Champion's status.

Last edited:

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
The max level you'll ever be able to reach in this game is 10. We've known this for a long time.

I didn't though:(. This saddens me greatly. Also how are we supposed to beat Kas then come the big climatic showdown? I'd rather avoid another Lethice and her stronghold.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
I didn't though:(. This saddens me greatly. Also how are we supposed to beat Kas then come the big climatic showdown?
Probably the same way most enemies can be brought down just by shaking your assets at them. Course, since I only play on bubble blowing baby story difficulty results may vary.

Reactions: Savin

Lone Wolf115

Probably the same way most enemies can be brought down just by shaking your assets at them. Course, since I only play on bubble blowing baby story difficulty results may vary.
I play the same difficulty because I have console games if I want to challenge my self that and I tease if it's the only way or experimentation in TiTS to see the text difference when they pop a boner or soak their pants and other garments or they do both or the variation of sex scenes.

Jul 13, 2021
Yeah... I can only assume you thought the level cap would be 20 by association of Dungeons&Dragons, which is understandable enough given that DnD is one of the notable inspirations for CoC2's Powers and terminologies, but at the same time... 20th level in DnD is basically firmly in the realm of Deities. 10th level meanwhile, is stepping into the territory of Demi-Gods and. more importantly, Divine Avatars. Which is much closer to the Champion's level.
But I wanna be a Deity though! I'd love to be throwing Meteors at my enemies as I reduce them to ashes, summoning earthquakes that shake the earth's core, and creating thunderstorms so chaotic, the very gods themselves would be blinded by its light as they stare down from the heavens! But alas, I am denied of my legendary power! Curse you Savin!

Lone Wolf115

But I wanna be a Deity though! I'd love to be throwing Meteors at my enemies as I reduce them to ashes, summoning earthquakes that shake the earth's core, and creating thunderstorms so chaotic, the very gods themselves would be blinded by its light as they stare down from the heavens! But alas, I am denied of my legendary power! Curse you Savin!
As they say deal with it. :cool:
Halo 3 - Guilty Spark: But a premature firing will destroy the ark.
Johnson: So deal with it.:cool:
Edit: Then he shoots Johnson in the back and you blow his ass up with your very large and very strong Laser pointer.

Last edited:

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Wasn't one of the reasons for the tease rebalance because ironically, Savin's character teased Kas to death in the winter city?

A lot of the act 2 enemies feel really tough for what their level claims. If 10 is the cap, then I dread act 3. I still never beat Lethice in CoC1 and I cheated. So I really hope the big finale isn't similarly balanced.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Lethice's whole thing had very specific strategies to follow as her fight was in phases. I've only beaten her once (Only cared to go through the story once) but it was not too hard if you were actually prepared with gear and inventory and all.

I doubt we'll have a problem with Kas even with the cap. Being at a Level 10 as the PC doesn't mean she's gonna be completely unbeatable, especially considering the Champ is getting stronger and stronger as the levels go on, as that's the point of her waiting anyways. Plus, there's the instance of her romance path, which I doubt will have a "big climactic showdown" unless you count fucking her brains out to distract her even more from our soul as one. xP

LanWolf

Jul 3, 2017
My favorites would be Brint and Cait, I like their personalities a lot and I have enjoyed the content they have shown so far. Then there would be Etheryn, she's got some interesting dialogues and her quest is cool. Azzyrrah is in a similar situation.

Haven't played with Atugia or Kiyoko yet, so can't say much about them. Berry doesn't catch my attention much. Least favorites would be Quintilus and Arona, I'm not particularly invested in either of them.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Lethice's whole thing had very specific strategies to follow as her fight was in phases. I've only beaten her once (Only cared to go through the story once) but it was not too hard if you were actually prepared with gear and inventory and all.

Well to be fair, if I were a big evil demon queen I'd have the most obnoxiously powerful and unbalanced subordinates attack consecutively too. I've only ever gotten the "oops I accidentally romanced the big baddie" ending because of the difficulty.

I doubt we'll have a problem with Kas even with the cap. Being at a Level 10 as the PC doesn't mean she's gonna be completely unbeatable, especially considering the Champ is getting stronger and stronger as the levels go on, as that's the point of her waiting anyways. Plus, there's the instance of her romance path, which I doubt will have a "big climactic showdown" unless you count fucking her brains out to distract her even more from our soul as one. xP

I know she's mainly op as heck in the winter city because if we beat her that early then the game may as well be over. But at the same time, the current enemy balancing feels seriously in the enemies' favor. Even though at 6 I'm technically over leveled, it feels like like I'm under leveled in practice. The cap being 10 just makes me worried. Because even if Kas isn't allowed to crit every attack, she's still twice the level cap. And unless there's something added, I don't see her being weakened. Maybe there will be a plot thread macguffin to weaken her or maybe there just needs time to properly rebalance. I'm just worried is all. And disappointed my numbers won't go further beyond. Sir Mix-a-Lot may like big butts, but I am more refined. I like big numbers. And on this matter, I cannot lie.

Haven't played with Atugia or Kiyoko yet, so can't say much about them.

Atugia is fun. In combat she's purely defensive so far but it works. She kinda dumb though ngl. Kiyoko is in a weird position. Definitely should see her content yourself. Combat wise, she's good.

Least favorites would be Quintilus and Arona, I'm not particularly invested in either of them.

Arona is the only companion I'd say I hate. Her intro and interactions all paint an extremely negative light. The newer tender scenes came too late to really redeem her. In battle, she's a warrior with a side of warrior and a dash of warrior. Brint/Brienne and Azzy do the same thing with more utility and very varied sets. Aron hits things more good. Quin's main problem, in my disgustingly humble opinion, is that he has the stigma of having been in the cult. The way he acts would've probably been divisive but not major. But add the whole "member of sex based doomsday and world domination cult" background, and recontextualizes his actions and not in a good way. Him only having one set just kind of puts the final nail in the coffin.

Brienne may very well be best girl. I'm sorry Cait but her milky is bigger and amazonian, and she's romantic as hell.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Yeah... I can only assume you thought the level cap would be 20 by association of Dungeons&Dragons, which is understandable enough given that DnD is one of the notable inspirations for CoC2's Powers and terminologies,
May have also been that Kas's level in the Winter City encounter is level 20, and she has a line of dialogue in it which is essentially "You may one day reach my power." Which I guess is a bold-faced lie, given that the peak of our power is going to be half of hers.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
The reason Ryn "feels like a woman" in her lingerie is because she feels femme and sexy. It has nothing to do with how she feels about her dick.

As has been said before, Ryn likes her dick just fine. She would very much like it to be out of its cage, and she has tried many things to get it out of the cage. She believes that, had she been born a woman with ladyparts instead of half-sexed, she would not have had to endure the cage or Alissa's bullying, which would have been nice. Given the choice between being born fully female or fully male, she would have picked the femme option. (Ryn very clearly doesn't want to be a guy, and gets extremely angry at Hethia for calling her a "princeling" in Dog Days.) But she doesn't actually want ladyparts, and she outright panics when Champ suggests that removing her cock would be the best way to go about uncaging her.

This interpretation accords with everything Ryn has ever said in the game, and it's the one that Savin has explicitly said is correct. It's understandable for people to misinterpret what Ryn says to suggest that she wants or will get ladyparts, but it remains a misinterpretation.
Sorry for quoting something from months ago but...If she wants to keep her dick, but also wants to have kids (as she said in one of the date options in winter city) then things get a bit complicated. I mean, for champions that don't have female parts. Either of the two would have to temporarily get female parts for the pregnancy (in this case either Ryn or the champion would become a hermaphrodite). Or adopt. Or have a kid with someone else other than the champion. Don't know if a surrogate mother solution would work for the sperm of two people in the world of CoC2 (maybe with magic?).

Or she would get kids years in the future, maybe when the champion is not in the picture anymore. She did sorta not answer the question when the champion queried her on that. Maybe she's thinking of a solution that doesn't involve him/her.

Last edited:

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Sorry for quoting something from months ago but...If she wants to keep her dick, but also wants to have kids (as she said in one of the date options in winter city) then things get a bit complicated. I mean, for champions that don't have female parts. Either of the two would have to temporarily get female parts for the pregnancy (in this case either Ryn or the champion would become a hermaphrodite). Or adopt. Or have a kid with someone else other than the champion. Don't know if a surrogate mother solution would work for the sperm of two people in the world of CoC2 (maybe with magic?).

Or she would get kids years in the future, maybe when the champion is not in the picture anymore. She did sorta not answer the question when the champion queried her on that. Maybe she's thinking of a solution that doesn't involve him/her.
That's why harems exist. Champ will of course need to be present and involved to bless the union ;)

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016

Either Champ bears Ryn's child, or someone does it in lieu of Champ. Seems pretty simple to me.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah surrogacy seems to be unfortunately forgotten about when it comes to stuff like this. But it is in fact still a viable option. it doesn't have to be desolved to just "Either Champ gets a temp vagina and gets pregnant or Ryn does".
For Champs with dongs I can see El being a good candidate for it, perfect option even.

Lone Wolf115

I for one am looking very forward to mothering Ryn's child, as soon as that cage is off most of my champs are jumping that chance
Same here I have a Lupine Herm for her and El but until then she is for El. This Champ's vag is for Ryn only hoping for virgin content for well obvious is there.