What're You Playing?

anniebannannie

Dec 15, 2016
Come on, Overwatch is good.

It's good for what it is, but it's not more. It's a basic online hero based shooter. It takes the game-modes of Teamfortress 2, and combines it with the gameplay from a basic moba (Both of which are FREE games), and smashes them together. It's got next to no innovation. And last time I checked it's only online play, which has been a death sentence for nearly every game that tries it(other than MMOs). It seems it rode on the wave of Blizzard fans who were tired of their previous games, and slowly picked up from there. I seriously have NO clue why such a large amount of people still constantly play it and talk about it. The only thing I can think of is people like simple gameplay, and love opening loot boxes.p I have NO clue how it won game of the year at ALL(Gamespot/Spike's VGA). Because it was popular? Where's all those Call of Duty GotYs? Because people played it all year? Again, Where's all those CoD awards? Fallout 3 and NV? Because they think it'd be played for a long time? Again, same as the last 2. There are still running forums for fallout 3/New Vegas, and people are fussing at Activision/IW/TA for not giving them Modern Warfare 4, and World at War 2, and then go back and play those games and it was fairly obvious that those would happen. Dark Souls 3, or Uncharted 4(I don't even like Naughty Dog games, sue me) should have won/win the ones that aren't announced yet.

My biggest issue with it is that it receives FAR more praise than it deserves. Unpopular opinion I know, but I cant stand all the undue praise it gets.

/endrant

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
We all some unpopular opinions regarding games. I played the Overwatch beta and liked it, but I would never pay more than like 10 bucks for it. It's just not got enough bite for me. I wish they had a character-specific story mode, THAT would be awesome.

Reactions: CloudStriker

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Overwatch feels like fpp version of League. And tbh I seen some made fan mod to make LoL with perspective like Overwatch...that was badass ^^

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
But the point...I rwally like my LoL so I not sure if I can move now to Overwatch. Not like I got way too many skins in LoL (about having suprisingly all champs ... well minus Camilla aince I not logged long ago - will not meantion and I could with hex shards get another 5-10 new champs on release day still ^^). So those who not went deep into LoL/Dota 1 or 2/TF2 may be interested into Verwatch but others veterans of other similar games may not feel so hyped up cuz of it.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Just bought Grim Fandango, it's setting and characters are fun...

It's just, these puzzles. Who came up with these? Fill balloons with foam chemicals, shove them down a tube to break a machine, punch holes in a deck of cards and use them on the machine and that somehow gets me a new client, all with absolutely no direction. WHO'S BRAIN CAN FATHOM THIS?!

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Just bought Grim Fandango, it's setting and characters are fun...

It's just, these puzzles. Who came up with these? Fill balloons with foam chemicals, shove them down a tube to break a machine, punch holes in a deck of cards and use them on the machine and that somehow gets me a new client, all with absolutely no direction. WHO'S BRAIN CAN FATHOM THIS?!

220px-Tim_Schafer_2011.jpg

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Just grabbed a ps4 so-
-Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth
-Battleborn :ghost:

Odin Sphere is amazing. I loved the original, and thought this was just a rerelease in HD...Fuck no. Besides a few invasive tutorials and book entries popping up automatically when collected, everything they added is spectacular. And they added a lot. Still haven't finished Gwen's path either.

Digimon is Digimon, and Digimon is awesome. The storyline is surprisingly decent, barring some humorous translation issues and a couple god-awful characters. Gameplay reminds me of Sun/Moon, which is great. Plus I hear Omnimon is in, so I know where I'm aiming.

Battleborn... My sister was insistent that I pick it up so she had someone to co-op the story with. Has character and humour, but the devs made some questionable design choices. Also dead. It was supposed to have an update that unlocked all characters (last attempt at resuscitation?), but turns out that's not actually implemented yet :colbert:.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Just grabbed a ps4 so-
-
Digimon is Digimon, and Digimon is awesome. The storyline is surprisingly decent, barring some humorous translation issues and a couple god-awful characters. Gameplay reminds me of Sun/Moon, which is great. Plus I hear Omnimon is in, so I know where I'm aiming.

Omnimon is in, but is quite difficult to get, as you need to complete a specific side mission to unlock him.

It's to bad you can't get Armegeddomon (I wanted him), although the pre-evolution Infermon is available.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
It's to bad you can't get Armegeddomon (I wanted him), although the pre-evolution Infermon is available.
Armegeddomon was the antagonist in one of the movies too, so it's strange that he was skipped out on. Doubly so since the rest of the Diaboromon line is in, as you mentioned.

Still, I'm surprised at how many are in from the shows. The whole thing's a cascade of nostalgia blasts.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Still, I'm surprised at how many are in from the shows. The whole thing's a cascade of nostalgia blasts.

True.

It's why my team has 2 thirds of the members being from the first Digimon series.

Ironically, I got a friend into getting the game from one of the side missions......which included a Yandere Lilymon.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
That the Lilymon taking selfies quest? Played it yesterday. It was humorous.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
I'm mostly playing Warframe (I know), skyrim remaster (I knoooow) and pokemoon.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
I picked up Slime Rancher during the steam sale.

Really fun game, exceptionally well optimized/made for early-access.

CallistheCalloused

Nov 5, 2015
Well, I WOULD play Space Hulk Deathwing if it didn't crash periodically and have loading times of sometimes over five minutes.
I almost bought that. Then I actually looked at the reviews for it and realized it wasn't anything like I was hoping. It's a 'one play through and done' game not worth that price tag right now. If it had been even semi-dynamic or had some vs to give replayabillity like l4d or something but it seems very.....static. like you'll get basically the same experience every time.

Overwatch feels like fpp version of League. And tbh I seen some made fan mod to make LoL with perspective like Overwatch...that was badass ^^

Normally I'd probably be on board with the overwatch hate train but after waiting and seeing for awhile Blizzard has surprised me by not doing the "Here's a bunch of DLC to pay for" routine. So when you buy Overwatch you get all the stuff, including newly released heros and stages with no additional cost. That's what makes it worth the price tag in the long run. Nothing to unlock or grind for just get in there and gib fools like back in the days of Unreal Tournament. Overwatch is kinda filling that gap left by the unreal games in my opinion.

Also I'm now playing Street Fighter V. Because 20 bucks is a fair price for a decent fighter. Probably going to pick up a few other things soon since i have some spare cash atm just haven't decided what to get yet since I'm picky about getting good value out of my games.

CloudStriker

Nov 10, 2016
Germany
Also I'm now playing Street Fighter V. Because 20 bucks is a fair price for a decent fighter. Probably going to pick up a few other things soon since i have some spare cash atm just haven't decided what to get yet since I'm picky about getting good value out of my games.
Have I told you about our Lord and Savior Torbjörn?