Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Born male, don't think of myself as either male or female

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Born female, don't think of myself as either male or female

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

KWJ

Jan 21, 2017
Born male, wants to remain such, but I also want some slight touches of female features, just because they feel good.

I want female as a partner, wants equal relationship, but also with some kinky reversal like pegging - dickgirls are better in that respect.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Since the old thread had upwards of over 100 votes over the course of maybe a year, this poll is likely going to remain open for as long as the forums exist and will slowly accumulate votes during that time. Check it out every few months or so if you're interested in the results.

Fyora

Sep 9, 2017
I was born with only female parts, and prefer to be treated as female because it matches my parts (I've been bullied a lot by people suggesting I was actually male/intersex/trans), but I don't think of myself as male or female.

I was raised to believe that nothing is exclusively & inherently the realm of men or women and my own interests/mannerisms/etc are an equal balance of stereotypically masculine and stereotypically feminine. I'm also in a weird spot because I can put on a dress and look like a man but wear men's clothes and look unquestioningly like a woman. (It's not as fun as it might sound.)

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Gender nonsense never has been seemed logical to me. In real world, we have two sexes (three, if you count the few cases of true hermaphroditism) and two genders: masculine and femenine, period. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender.

That said, I'm proud to be a male that identifies himself as a male, but as far as the poll goes, seems like most of us are...

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
That said, I'm proud to be a male that identifies himself as a male, but as far as the poll goes, seems like most of us are...
That probably comes with the nature of Fen's games. Males are simply more likely to be interested in them and participate in the forums.

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
Was born male and while I think of myself as a guy, I don't really consider it an important part of who I am. Like, if I was suddenly transformed into a woman, I probably wouldn't think of myself differently or do much different than I do now.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Was born male and while I think of myself as a guy, I don't really consider it an important part of who I am. Like, if I was suddenly transformed into a woman, I probably wouldn't think of myself differently or do much different than I do now.

+1

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
Well shit this is something I personally have a major issue with. I'm male born but I like people to perceive me as a girl, so I usually say I'm a femboy or a trap. But Irl that's way too complicated to tell people so I just tell them I'm transgender female and leave it at that. Plus I prefer she/her pronouns so like try telling someone you're a femboy but you want female pronouns. They likely wont understand.
My issue is, does that make me trans female or like some non-binary type of thing? Like if someone asks me what I am what's the right way to respond? I put down born male, female identifying on the poll but should I have put down born male but not either? Do other people even care? I just don't like feeling like I might be lying or misleading people.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Well shit this is something I personally have a major issue with. I'm male born but I like people to perceive me as a girl, so I usually say I'm a femboy or a trap. But Irl that's way too complicated to tell people so I just tell them I'm transgender female and leave it at that. Plus I prefer she/her pronouns so like try telling someone you're a femboy but you want female pronouns. They likely wont understand.
My issue is, does that make me trans female or like some non-binary type of thing? Like if someone asks me what I am what's the right way to respond? I put down born male, female identifying on the poll but should I have put down born male but not either? Do other people even care? I just don't like feeling like I might be lying or misleading people.
Don't worry about being as accurate as you can be, just pick what feels the most right to you. If you want to be addressed as a 'she' then I think born male and think of self as female is the most likely correct answer, since it sounds like you do associate yourself with the female gender. That doesn't necessarily mean you're fully transgender, there are different shades of this.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015

I so feel your pain there...

Don't worry about being as accurate as you can be, just pick what feels the most right to you. If you want to be addressed as a 'she' then I think born male and think of self as female is the most likely correct answer, since it sounds like you do associate yourself with the female gender. That doesn't necessarily mean you're fully transgender, there are different shades of this.

But people can be so mean...

Reactions: Glassboy

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
You could also be genderfluid (you id as at least 2 genders, but only one at a time), bigender (at least 2 genders at the same time), demigender, and lots of other options not featured in the poll, but yeah, in the end what's most important is what you're comfortable identifying as. It's also completely fine not to know precisely what you are -- god knows I don't half the time.

There will always be idiots to tell you can't id as one thing or another because they're close minded morons anyway, so don't pay too much attention to what others think.

Besides, you don't have to come out to anyone if you don't feel it's safe to do so (and by safe I mean the physical, emotional and psychological definitions of the word)

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
You could also be genderfluid (you id as at least 2 genders, but only one at a time), bigender (at least 2 genders at the same time), demigender, and lots of other options not featured in the poll, but yeah, in the end what's most important is what you're comfortable identifying as. It's also completely fine not to know precisely what you are -- god knows I don't half the time.

There will always be idiots to tell you can't id as one thing or another because they're close minded morons anyway, so don't pay too much attention to what others think.

Besides, you don't have to come out to anyone if you don't feel it's safe to do so (and by safe I mean the physical, emotional and psychological definitions of the word)
Those options are sort of covered by the last two options of not considering yourself specifically one or the other. You can think of them as being the "other" answer, it's what you'd pick if you don't feel any of the other answers fit you. I didn't elaborate further on them because it isn't practical to list off dozens of different possible interpretations. Adding two more examples, you might reject the gender description entirely or maybe think of yourself as a third gender completely separate from the other two. That stuff is beyond the scope of this poll.

The focus is really on birth sex vs gender. It gives a good idea on what kinds of people play the game, since you're asking about both the low level architecture of your minds (sex) and what your outlook on the world is (gender). Since the game has such a focus on transformations, we see a lot of people who have opposing outlooks with their birth sex, far more than would be expected in a normal population. The game also has a predominantly male born audience, ~80%. These are very interesting details you can learn about the community from an anonymous poll like this.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Those options are sort of covered by the last two options of not considering yourself specifically one or the other. You can think of them as being the "other" answer, it's what you'd pick if you don't feel any of the other answers fit you
I respectfully disagree, as it seems (to me) these two last options are specifically for nonbinary and agender people (who id as neither men or women). But then, I see your point about not being able to exhaustively list ALL genders in the poll.

On a side note, maybe it'd be worth it to add 2 or 3 options for intersex people? You never know

the low level architecture of your minds (sex) and what your outlook on the world is (gender)
Science has said that there's no notable difference between "male" and "female" brains. One's sex has pretty much nothing to do with one's mind; and gender is something you are, so I'm not sure what you mean here?

The game also has a predominantly male born audience, ~80%
More like 63.3% as of the date this post was composed, and according to this poll

These are very interesting details you can learn about the community from an anonymous poll like this
Indeed, it's interesting to see that according to this poll:
  • roughly 1/4 of the game's audience is non-cisgender (which, while not the majority, still seems like a pretty big percentage? there are twice as many non cis people than cis women)
  • of the people who id as female, the cis/trans ratio is 50/50
  • the group with the smaller numbers are trans men (which would imply that the game does something that really appeals to cis men but a lot less to trans men)

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Ironically, this sentiment that's meant to make you seem like a cis male only makes me think you're genderfluid. Since you're able to make such a gender transition should your sex change.

Or you're just trying to be funny. :iiam:

Reactions: ShySquare

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I respectfully disagree, as it seems (to me) these two last options are specifically for nonbinary and agender people (who id as neither men or women). But then, I see your point about not being able to exhaustively list ALL genders in the poll.

On a side note, maybe it'd be worth it to add 2 or 3 options for intersex people? You never know
My intention was to say, "you don't identify as exactly one of the two." I apologize if the wording was vague. I can't really change the poll at this point, unless I was starting the poll over entirely. I'd rather not do so, given that we have a large number of votes already.

Science has said that there's no notable difference between "male" and "female" brains. One's sex has pretty much nothing to do with one's mind; and gender is something you are, so I'm not sure what you mean here?
A quick online search turns up several different papers concluding that there are different tendencies between male and female brains. Certain regions are more likely to be bigger in some than others and there are very clear measurable differences in reaction times. On the other hand, there is no discernible difference with intelligence or how we use our brains to think (similar conclusion that your linked paper found). Declaring there to be no difference between the brains of males and females does not seem to be correct.

More like 63.3% as of the date this post was composed, and according to this poll
The statement was in regards to those who were born men only, ignoring gender entirely. At the time of this post that's 66/80 = 82.5%, around 80%. These numbers must be relevant in some way, so it does not make sense to discount them.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Its more of adaptability for the impossible, IF i suddenly changed i wouldn't be like "Oh no what am i gonna do" If im stuck that way im stuck that way. nothing about me would change but my physical features everything inside would be the same. Id still be into women, I'd eat ribs like a wild animal and game when I have any free time avalible

as for how i view others its more or less just accepting it to avoid causing unneeded problems

I'm fairly certain my first reaction in that situation would be several loud expletives. But I've grown up around women and I'm well aware of how convenient it is to have usable pockets and pee standing up. Especially on long road trips.

A quick online search turns up several different papers concluding that there are different tendencies between male and female brains. Certain regions are more likely to be bigger in some than others and there are very clear measurable differences in reaction times. On the other hand, there is no discernible difference with intelligence or how we use our brains to think (similar conclusion that your linked paper found). Declaring there to be no difference between the brains of males and females does not seem to be correct.

If it's the same "study" I'm thinking of, the woman in charge had a very clear goal when she went into it. She published the results a few weeks after the Damore fiasco and strongly pushed the idea that there is no inherent difference between the sexes. Especially when it comes to scholastic/career interests like Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.:siren:

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
Thank you all for being so cool with talking to me about my gender or whatever. That's something that's always bothered me but I was afraid to bring it up.

So would it be right for me to say that I'm female identifying (she/her pronouns and stereotypically feminine) but to describe myself physically as a femboy (male genitals but otherwise feminine appearance?)
And I guess being on forums that are mostly about sex I like being clear about my body.

FluffyTails

Jul 7, 2017
I'm a dude, the weirdest awkwardly girly dude that can't even explain himself in history. But hey at least I live up to my families libido.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015

It would be so happy if were so easy ignore others...
But sadly is hard to not pay atention to media who tells you how you MUST feel
borrar despues.jpg

Its more of adaptability for the impossible, IF i suddenly changed i wouldn't be like "Oh no what am i gonna do" If im stuck that way im stuck that way. nothing about me would change but my physical features everything inside would be the same. Id still be into women, I'd eat ribs like a wild animal and game when I have any free time avalible

as for how i view others its more or less just accepting it to avoid causing unneeded problems

Oh how I wish more people think like this.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
At first I'd be more preoccupied with how the hell am I gonna explain this to friends ive known for years and my parents who gave birth to me, along with the mandatory "body check". As for clothes, I'd defiantly stray away from bottoms with nonexistent or way too small pockets, there is just no way

We can start a new trend of women wearing men's pants sister. Cause that's the only way we'd get real pockets in this scenario.

SarenSoran

Apr 18, 2017
Austria
Thank you all for being so cool with talking to me about my gender or whatever. That's something that's always bothered me but I was afraid to bring it up.

So would it be right for me to say that I'm female identifying (she/her pronouns and stereotypically feminine) but to describe myself physically as a femboy (male genitals but otherwise feminine appearance?)
And I guess being on forums that are mostly about sex I like being clear about my body.
hm... neat, don't know what to say but i think in this forum here you'd be hard pressed to find a bigot what with the nature of the game and all
sooooo, good for you ;)

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
borrar-despues-jpg.5235
Are there really people who are that petty that they'd waste their money on advertising their shitty one-sided opinions like that? Like who do you really think is going to change their mind about trans-issues when you're being so condescending?
And then doing it outside of a gay bar too? That's just asking for an ass-kicking.

hm... neat, don't know what to say but i think in this forum here you'd be hard pressed to find a bigot what with the nature of the game and all
sooooo, good for you ;)
I wouldn't call anyone a bigot, I just worry too much people might find my ott self-reflection annoying. :p

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Are there really people who are that petty that they'd waste their money on advertising their shitty one-sided opinions like that? Like who do you really think is going to change their mind about trans-issues when you're being so condescending?
And then doing it outside of a gay bar too? That's just asking for an ass-kicking.

I wouldn't call anyone a bigot, I just worry too much people might find my ott self-reflection annoying. :p

It's worse than that, it's a ultramegacatholic fundation, even are paid by public money from spain government.
And thinking my taxes go to them I want it or not.
The worse thing is the "speech freedom" shit, from a nation which exist something like the "ley mordaza" which you cannot complain in social media about your rulers politics, all very hypocrite.
EDIT: and even using "science" being the same people who says climatic change is a myth...

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I'm sorry, but I think that you're misunderstanding the goals of the bus. It attemps to concientize about how too liberal governments (specially on Spain and Germany) are trying to force sex-education programs in children too young to understand them. The fact that those new programs are LGBT-focused add to the issue, since parents see that as an attack against their children.

HazteOir has been with their bus for a long while, not only on Spain, but on New York, South America, Mexico and recently, Germany. Mexico conservative majority welcomed the bus as soon as it arrived (HazteOir is partially financed by the mexican association El Yunque). That aside, I haven't known of any member of the LGBT community that has been harmed for the bus activities, while on the other hand, many buses have been attacked or vandalized.

This is a delicate issue, but in the end, I think that those parents and other people deserve the same amount of free speech than the LGBT lobby, as long as none of the parties harm the other group. And actually, I kinda support the bus message, since teaching sex-related things to children so young feels...wrong. Quite ironic since, as a homosexual man, I should support the LGBT groups, but sadly, after all that I've seen, that's not the case.

Luckily for us, the world seems a much safer place for homosexual people than in the XIX century, but instead of forcing pro-LGBT laws on heterosexual people, like some radical-liberal parties are proposing, the goals of the community should be seeking for the safety of homosexual minorities that are actually being prosecuted or outright murdered, like those on the Middle East, southern Asia and Central Africa. Harassing the conservative-heterosexual side of our relatively-civilized society is only going to backfire, and doing that while ignoring the pleas of the people the really need this support it's a bit hypocritical.

That was too long of a rant, but in the end, I think that we shouldn't label anyone as a bigot only because they haven't a liberal mindset. As long as they're not hostile, each side ideas are equally valuable.

Last edited: