What Content Would You Like Added?

Zarkrai

Sep 30, 2021
A recruitment event for Salacious Sally and the Slyveren Pirate since they seem like the only Slyveren characters that would be possible to recruit based on their situations.

Azrael1

Mar 30, 2022
I don't know if this has been asked before or if it something that is not to be asked about, but I was curious if they will ever make it where you can get the characters from the dr po quest as crew mates such as the twins.

I had the thought that there could be two variations of getting them as crew mates. The first method is if you get kiro back by buying her from po, following this you can revisit po and buy the other dolls of your choice. The second method occurs if you defeat po to get kiro back, I don't know where you could get them from, but I am thinking of either tavros in the same place you meet reaha, or perhaps tarkus or maybe theres even the option to bring the onto the ship following the defeat of po. depending on the path you take they could have different personalities or you could do something that could help them.

Additional note: By help I mean help them break through some of the brainwashing. Also while they are part of the crew, perhaps there could be unique scenes either with you or other crew mates.
I forgot to mention. So i know that with the dolls from kiros quest such as the twins for example, whatever scene you pick with them will result in changes to the players body as well as increasing taint. So I was thinking, if the dolls can be recruited maybe something there can be a dialogue option that enables or disables changes when doing scenes with them.

Esti

Apr 18, 2024
Using Hand So as a AI for your ship and a whole sequence of events surrounding it. Creating hardlight body for her which could function withing the ship (like that of Saendra's Valeria, but in hardlight). Her reactions on your crewmembers, special scenes with them and even relationships with them (I'm thinking about Olympia if Hand So could become Sidewinters AI). Maybe you could form a relationship with her yourself and even link her to droids you are using. Maybe even BDSM relationship) And I think that it would nicely play into Phaedra's overall theme with Kiha's AI's if nothing else.

Reactions: unspiek

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Using Hand So as a AI for your ship and a whole sequence of events surrounding it. Creating hardlight body for her which could function withing the ship (like that of Saendra's Valeria, but in hardlight). Her reactions on your crewmembers, special scenes with them and even relationships with them (I'm thinking about Olympia if Hand So could become Sidewinters AI). Maybe you could form a relationship with her yourself and even link her to droids you are using. Maybe even BDSM relationship) And I think that it would nicely play into Phaedra's overall theme with Kiha's AI's if nothing else.
There were plans for Hand So to become your Ship's AI a while back, but Nonesuch has been so busy lately that it's been left on the backburner since forever.

Veilwolf

Sep 6, 2018
Somewhere In The U.S Wasteland
I'm Itching to help Sandra get revenge on Miriam Bragga May be an epic ship fight that lets you Take the Black Rose as a Reward for defeating Miriam and A unique dialog with Sandra After Showing up on Tavros With the Black Rose. A new sexible Prisoner added only if you spared Miriam After taking her ship. I have kinda been itching of something like this for a while. Giving a Unique option while piloting the Black Rose making Space fights are optional as other spacers piss themselves in fear of the infamous dreadnaught.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Saendra feels like another character sadly left to rot.
She does, after her "Fools rush in" quest her content hits a brick wall, and it really feels like more was supposed to be added. But I guess Savin moved on from her considering there hasn't been any additional content for her since.

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
She does, after her "Fools rush in" quest her content hits a brick wall, and it really feels like more was supposed to be added. But I guess Savin moved on from her considering there hasn't been any additional content for her since.
Savin is a busy guy, so it makes sense. He's got a ton going on in CoC2, so I frankly don't think most stuff in TiTs is a primary concern of his. I might be wrong on that front since I don't know the guy or have ever really communicated with him outside of brief interactions on the forum, but I couldn't really blame him for prioritizing his own game over TiTs if it came down to it. Generally speaking, this game hasn't really moved a lot in most cases since Fenoxo stepped back from the project, which makes sense since it was his game at the end of the day. Frankly most 'indie' games would've died had they lost their lead head behind the project, so while it does at times feel like the game is on LS, it's at least still seeing updates to side content. Then again, I'm sure some particularly disgruntled people in the fanbase would argue it's only being kept on LS for the sake of the Patreon, which I know for a fact is a sentiment that's heavily shared on F95 (Then again, take anything on F95 with a grain of salt) but I know nothing about the BTS of the game and its development team, so who can really say.

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
Can you eleborate on this? It's the first time I hear about Fen stepping back from TiTs. How? Why?
Pretty sure it happened ages ago at this point, and it is exactly as I say it is. It seems like Savin is the front runner for TiTs at this point, and months ago he posted about the main story progress still taking a while longer. To my knowledge, which take it with a grain of salt since I don't frequent the forums as much as I used to, let alone the Discord at all, there's been little to nothing more said about it since.

TheShepard256

Can you eleborate on this? It's the first time I hear about Fen stepping back from TiTs. How? Why?
Fenoxo got burnt out on writing smut a while ago, stepped back to a more directorial role, and pretty much appointed Savin as his replacement as lead writer. He's recently gotten back into writing smut (e.g. the gabilani pirate), but not to the same degree as his previous work.
Speaking of Savin:
I'm Itching to help Sandra get revenge on Miriam Bragga
Saendra feels like another character sadly left to rot.
Savin is a busy guy, so it makes sense. He's got a ton going on in CoC2, so I frankly don't think most stuff in TiTs is a primary concern of his.
He's actually been working on the finale for Saendra's questline, and yes, a showdown with Bragga is part of that. It's mostly complete last I heard, but the upcoming main story train dungeon on Phaedra took priority for a while - I think that's pretty much done writing-wise, so he should finish SaendraQuest3 soon.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I'm moooooost of the way done with Saendra's quest, which is the last big non-plot-expansion I have planned for TiTS. I don't work a lot on TiTS these days, but it's my focus when I do.
It seems like Savin is the front runner for TiTs at this point
I've been Mister Get Out and Push Uphill to Get the Game Finished, but no.

Fen's still very much here, he just doesn't do (much) writing anymore. He's still doing code stuff for the game every week.

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
I've been Mister Get Out and Push Uphill to Get the Game Finished, but no.

Fen's still very much here, he just doesn't do (much) writing anymore. He's still doing code stuff for the game every week.

I'm by no means a game dev, and know absolutely nothing about coding. But would it be wrong to assume that the majority of the brunt of the work on actually finishing the game at this point, is writing on the main story and the bigger side content quests? Sure coding is obviously as important in terms of building the game into a well... Game, but isn't the main thing that has halted the main story since the engine switch been the writing itself? Coding still requires the writing to be done, in order to turn it into gameplay after all? My impression of the situation around the lack of main story content, has been that there weren't enough people working on the writing on the main story, at least based on a post you made quite a while back that implied that there were only one person at the time working on the writing.

I'll be the first to admit that I very well could've interpreted that post incorrectly, but it was the vibe I got from it back when I originally read it. Hence why I might've misunderstood Fen's role in active development, since I assumed he used to primarily work on writing the main story in the same way you do for CoC2, which made it a logical conclusion that the main story development has slowed to a crawl as a result of him stepping back from writing. If I've completely misunderstood the situation, then I obviously apologize for that since it was never my intention to misrepresent what was happening behind the scenes, since I only had the information I've been able to glean from previous posts here and the update page to base my assumption on.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I'm moooooost of the way done with Saendra's quest, which is the last big non-plot-expansion I have planned for TiTS. I don't work a lot on TiTS these days, but it's my focus when I do.
I suppose the good news of putting it off for so long is the rewards are likely to be relevant in the late/end game.

Is repairing the Broken Psi-Amp is still planned, (a small expansion)?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
the majority of the brunt of the work on actually finishing the game at this point, is writing on the main story and the bigger side content quests? ... My impression of the situation around the lack of main story content, has been that there weren't enough people working on the writing on the main story, at least based on a post you made quite a while back that implied that there were only one person at the time working on the writing.
Sort of correct. And that workload is basically all on me. :/

Desperately wish we had more staff writers.

but isn't the main thing that has halted the main story since the engine switch been the writing itself?
Well, the next segment of the MSQ has been done writing-wise since November and has been held up in code, so in this case, no. That's an unusual case, though, usually when anything important gets written it gets chunked out into code pretty darn quick.

since I assumed he used to primarily work on writing the main story in the same way you do for CoC2, which made it a logical conclusion that the main story development has slowed to a crawl as a result of him stepping back from writing.
In terms of the MSQ, Fen wrote:
-The game's intro
-The Cuz encounter on Mhen'ga
-The Cuz encounter on Tarkus, after Stellar Tether, plus Kaska (I did the rest of that quest)
-Cuz's bits and the Nyrena Princess for MyrellionQuest (I did the rest of that quest)
-Cuz's bits for Zheng Shi (Will and I wrote the Shock Hopper and stuff). ZS was a great project, lots of cooperation.
-Feruze's encounter on the skyway on Dhaal. I wrote the party quest and the dungeon (with a lot of help from outside writers)

The upcoming MSQ on Phaedra is all me from the narrative side, with a lot of help from Will and other community writers to backfill the sex scenes.

So... no, not really. I took over writing for Cuz on Dhaal, but I've lead all the MSQ dungeons since Tarkus except for Zheng Shi which I'd credit to the whole team more or less equally.

I suppose the good news of putting it off for so long is the rewards are likely to be relevant in the late/end game.
Probably not, honestly. While I don't touch any mechanical stuff for TiTS anymore (year like 10 of asking Fen to provide documentation on the combat systems for writers, ree) there's nothing actually gating the quest after Fools Rush In other than it just.... existing. It'd be weird if a level... 6?... quest lead directly into a level 12 quest lol. So I imagine it'll be aimed at like level 7-8 maybe. Whatever's FRI's level + 1.

Is repairing the Broken Psi-Amp is still planned, (a small expansion)?
It'd be cool if it was but it probably won't be written by me. Anybody's welcome to pick it up.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
(year like 10 of asking Fen to provide documentation on the combat systems for writers, ree)
What kind of combat documentation would be useful?

there's nothing actually gating the quest after Fools Rush In other than it just.... existing.
I got the impression her ship is in pretty bad shape. Unless she's taking Steele's ship to wherever the treasure is.
Edit: Looking through the quest dialogue again, it seems like she thinks her ship is in good enough shape to leave, though that's not reflected in her Talk topics.

It'd be cool if it was but it probably won't be written by me. Anybody's welcome to pick it up.
I thought you said it was on your To-Do list at one point. If it's up for grabs (and likely won't be added if a community writer doesn't), it might be a good idea to publicize that.

Was it ever decided what the Broken Psi-Amp would do?

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
What kind of combat documentation would be useful?
How the game's core mechanics work, what all the stats actually do, a list of status effects and what they do, all the current abilities in the game and what they do... stuff that could be used to put encounters together without just guesswork.

I thought you said it was on your To-Do list at one point.
Probably! My to-do list has been truncated to SaenQuest and the MSQ however.

Was it ever decided what the Broken Psi-Amp would do?
Nope. It was created many many years before any documentation on psionics existed.

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
How the game's core mechanics work, what all the stats actually do, a list of status effects and what they do, all the current abilities in the game and what they do... stuff that could be used to put encounters together without just guesswork.
It's a shame JS doesn't have something like Doxygen - as you write the code, you put information into specially formatted comments, and then Doxygen extracts that information, the information about function calls and parameters from the actual source, and creates a document with call trees, function documentation, class documentation, etc.
I use it heavily in my professional life, and it makes creating the kind of documentation you want much better (assuming programmers are disciplined enough to actually supply the comments - but that's what DARTs are for.)

(DART - Developer Attitude Readjustment Tool, a tool in the same family as the LART, but heavier since developers really should know better).

I am curious - when you say "Coding is taking time" - is it really software architecture type work, or just "take this block of text make a bunch of write() calls out of it"?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I am curious - when you say "Coding is taking time" - is it really software architecture type work, or just "take this block of text make a bunch of write() calls out of it"?
In this case it's "the person doing the coding had a bunch of shit come up" unfortunately XD

Generally speaking most coders point to my work as being extremely expedient to code.

peepeepoopoo

Sep 9, 2022
Buttplugs that I can shove up Steele's asshole and have them walk around with said buttplug(s). Like a slot in the inventory or something or just and item that I can use. I just noticed that there are no buttplugs at all and I really think that it would be easy to write. Btw it's not that I don't want to write it, it's that I just don't think it's a good idea for me to write it because of how bad I am at writing.