What Content Would You Like Added?

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
And?

Though the goal of something like this would be to give each Race satisfying perks unique to their set of physical traits, a fact of the matter is imbalance and scarcity are integral parts of good game design. 

It's kind of difficult to balance. Some races are more predisposed to have a lot of useful traits. Like dragons, kitsunes or other mythical creatures.

Reactions: Jongeedubs

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
It's HARD to give each race something usefull. And with time there wil be more races so then more perks or other bonuses to add. So Eits is quite right here about balance issues.

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016
It's kind of difficult to balance. Some races are more predisposed to have a lot of useful traits. Like dragons, kitsunes or other mythical creatures.

Off the top of my head:

Ausar

• The Nose Knows - helps to avoid ambushes and other sudden attack, and gives a flat bonus to evasion
  • Pack Mentality - bonus def. against psionic attacks, or gain damage and to-hit bonuses when fighting alongside a partner or drone.
  • Mine! - a (kinda gross) special attack that has you "mark your territory" during combat. Enemies are repulsed by the sight and get a debuff to lust-based attacks for # of rounds. (Females use a squirt gun to achieve the same effect, lol)

Kaithrit

• Feline Grace - same as the cat-based dodging ability in CoC.
  • Caterwaul - special ability that [Disorients] an opponent for # a rounds, giving them a debuff to hitting you.
  • Nine Lives - small %-based chance to not die if knocked out in combat, or small %-based chance to avoid meeting a BAD END

Horse-Morphs

• Stomp - physical special attack that bypasses an opponent's armor.
  • Spirit of the Cimarron - small innate res to psionic and charm abilities, or gain buff to health, evasion and physique for a random # of rounds.
  • Trample - physical special attack that uses Ref, does damage and has a %-chance to knock an opponent down.

Minotaur-Morphs

• Great Rack - gouge an opponent with your horns. Same ability as headbutt (costs slightly more tho), but if player already has Headbutt as a skill it adds a flat damage bonus to it.
  • Seeing Red - enter a berserk state that buffs physique, innate physical def, and health, but lowers evasion and ref. (Maybe force a PC to use nothing but melee attacks for a random # of rounds)
  • Overpowering Musk - enemies take a small amount of lust-based damage every round that your own lust is above 30-40

Now, I'm not saying any of these are super balanced -- or even possible in TiTs, currently -- but I am trying to say that there are viable options for every Race to have an assortment of racial perks and abilities if some thought gets put into the doing of it.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Now, I'm not saying any of these are super balanced -- or even possible in TiTs, currently -- but I am trying to say that there are viable options for every Race to have an assortment of racial perks and abilities if some thought gets put into the doing of it.

First, non-combat perks tend to be forgotten by writers.

Second, some of the perks don't have any reason to be exclusive for a specific race. Like, "The Nose Knows" can be applied to many races, and basically any predatory morph. "Trample" seems like something which should be available to anyone, depending on their mass relatively to target's.

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016
It's HARD to give each race something usefull. And with time there wil be more races so then more perks or other bonuses to add. So Eits is quite right here about balance issues.

Following this logic, one shouldn't write anything but se)( scenes and NPCs since additions to anything else have to take so much of an unknown world into consideration. 

(That isn't meant to be a rude statement, please don't take it that way; but I've gotten and seen more "No, you can't," than "Hey, why don't we brainstorm how..." coming out from the forums, lately.)

First, non-combat perks tend to be forgotten by writers.

Second, some of the perks don't have any reason to be exclusive for a specific race. Like, "The Nose Knows" can be applied to many races, and basically any predatory morph. "Trample" seems like something which should be available to anyone, depending on their mass relatively to target's.

1) Easiest way to combat this is to either make it so people can easily submit one to two sentence additions to scenes so that they take notice of perks like that. (Something similar to Fen's HELP TAGGING SCENES thread or something.)

2) The point shouldn't be that "\/\/ell, logically other races should be able to do this," but more: if you're a fan of being this specific race, this is how the game rewards you for it. Doesn't matter if Horse and Cow-morphs can Trample an enemy -- and of course some ideas I mentioned could be just general perks you get for having specific morphs, like hooves --  what matters is that players don't feel like the changes they assume are purely cosmetic. There has to be a ludic  weight to them as  well as a narrative one.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Following this logic, one shouldn't write anything but se)( scenes and NPCs since additions to anything else have to take so much of an unknown world into consideration. 

(That isn't meant to be a rude statement, please don't take it that way; but I've gotten and seen more "No, you can't," than "Hey, why don't we brainstorm how..." coming out from the forums, lately.)

Nah you not "certain" person I know is intentionaly rude toward me each time I see reply to my posts.

I just oversensitive as already as natural pessimist I see that future when half of forum cry for more perks for X and Y race while other half saying that Z and A races jsut got new perk. ANd devs just...walk pass all of then handing bans from time to time ^^

I WOULD love to see perks like we got in CoC even if it mean some races joining club named "master races" and just brag around rolling my master race Steele. I WOULD love to not care if half of races got no racial perks and that mean only diehards that likes those race esterics would pick those TF.

Ehh that made me fell into gloomy mood (but not cuz of your post epidemico but other stuff I got little control over about TiTS ^^)

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016
Nah you not "certain" person I know is intentionaly rude toward me each time I see reply to my posts.

I just oversensitive as already as natural pessimist I see that future when half of forum cry for more perks for X and Y race while other half saying that Z and A races jsut got new perk. ANd devs just...walk pass all of then handing bans from time to time ^^

I WOULD love to see perks like we got in CoC even if it mean some races joining club named "master races" and just brag around rolling my master race Steele. I WOULD love to not care if half of races got no racial perks and that mean only diehards that likes those race esterics would pick those TF.

Ehh that made me fell into gloomy mood (but not cuz of your post epidemico but other stuff I got little control over about TiTS ^^)

Pregunta: tu primer idioma es espanol, o...?

I get \/\/here both you and Etis are coming from, and I really do understand the frustration some feel that TiTs "isn't everything it could be," right now, but a large part of that is a lack of content creators sticking through with projects or getting caught up doing huge projects that either don't get made or take forever to get made before being slot into the game. I'm sure if more people tackled smaller things, and if the process of creating content were as simple as could be, the game would grow rather quickly.

Yinseng

Jun 22, 2016
Limiters. Condensol isn't a great solution because there's no mechanic to take it as you need it.

Instead limiters should be an accessory to shrink parts as they are needed for certain scenes.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
As far as racial perks go, I believe the devs made that choice to avoid what happened with WoW (and many other games). If a decision has a clear, correct answer, it's a calculation, not a choice. WoW talent trees have decisions that are either right or wrong. The devs didn't want players to feel the need to monster-mash themselves to get the right skills. (despite that being their reasoning though, it's hard to stick to your guns about it when there are already multiple exceptions...) I also believe the entire debate is a moot point since the game's difficulty is made for the lowest common denominator- even intentionally hamstrung characters can plow through everything. This also means racial perks in any form are a superfluous addition.

I've come to terms with TiTS being a smut rpg with the emphasis on smut. Accessibility is more important than difficulty, and that does reduce the worth of these extra systems.

Query: Do you like it when I stroke your dick like this, master?

Ha, I read that in his voice.

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016
As far as racial perks go, I believe the devs made that choice to avoid what happened with WoW (and many other games). If a decision has a clear, correct answer, it's a calculation, not a choice. WoW talent trees have decisions that are either right or wrong.

Then why not make Perks simply rewards you get for not monster-mashing your character? They don't have to be game breaking, just allow your character to do small things unique to the race they've most devoted themselves to.

Reactions: Crablord

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Then why not make Perks simply rewards you get for not monster-mashing your character? They don't have to be game breaking, just allow your character to do small things unique to the race they've most devoted themselves to.

So more along the lines of flavour perks that make pursuing a certain TF path feel like it has meaning? It's true that every exception to the "no racial perks" rule has been this way. They're all useless tbh, but give the impression of being meaningful: That nipple squirt is junk compared to basic teasing, the Myr perks are nothing special, Nukinuts isn't a combat advantage... If people just want that feeling, I don't any counter argument besides it being a system that has no actual impact. From a numbers perspective, it's all meaningless. And from a dev perspective, perhaps it's time better spent elsewhere, since flavour perks add nothing tangible to the game. But, I can't discount the importance of giving these feelings to players.

So yeah, if that's the case, I really don't disagree. But, I'm not the one you need to convince. :p

Reactions: zelda_fan6284

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016
So more along the lines of flavour perks that make pursuing a certain TF path feel like it has meaning? It's true that every exception to the "no racial perks" rule has been this way. They're all useless tbh, but give the impression of being meaningful: That nipple squirt is junk compared to basic teasing, the Myr perks are nothing special, Nukinuts isn't a combat advantage... If people just want that feeling, I don't any counter argument besides it being a system that has no actual impact. From a numbers perspective, it's all meaningless. And from a dev perspective, perhaps it's time better spent elsewhere, since flavour perks add nothing tangible to the game. But, I can't discount the importance of giving these feelings to players.

So yeah, if that's the case, I really don't disagree. But, I'm not the one you need to convince. :p

I mean, I do think part of the issue is the limited scope of combat as it is right now. An obvious correction to this is to increase combat difficulty, and have the usefulness of Racial Perks increased accordingly. Another is to simply make Racial Perks beneficial overall, because--even if I feel your use of the word "Feeling" up there is bit taking the piss--a large part of enjoying a game, the ludic aspect of a game, really is feeling good about the things that happen in it.

The Perks don't have to outclass things people get by choosing to opt-out of them, no; but they could add tangible benefits. Make Myr Venom have a chance to do something like cripple an enemy for a round, and suddenly Myr-morph characters have a slight edge in melee combat. And, yeah: combat in general would have to be more difficult to facilitate the introduction of a bunch of perks like that, additive ones, all these small bonuses, but figuring out the right way to achieve that would ultimately be beneficial to the game, no?

Reactions: zelda_fan6284

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
And, yeah: combat in general would have to be more difficult to facilitate the introduction of a bunch of perks like that, additive ones, all these small bonuses, but figuring out the right way to achieve that would ultimately be beneficial to the game, no?

Even under the current (lack of) difficulty, there are players who complain about it being too hard or unfair. These people; unused to games (or a myriad of more cutting descriptors), likely make up a sizable portion of the playerbase. A lot of people play TiTS not as a game, but as a medium for accessing smut. By increasing the difficulty to allow for new systems to appeal to one group, you push others out. On this forum are a lot of players who sound like they've never played an rpg before. And a lot of players who don't even grasp the concept of irreversible consequences. A lot more than those I'd say love the genre and want deep, thoughtful combat. Fenco is a business. They're doing what they love (I think?), but they need to make a living. Choosing accessibility to the detriment of difficulty and substance is the right choice in that respect. So, whether a fleshed-out perk system and its necessary enablers are ultimately beneficial to the game is dependent on what Fenco's priorities for it are. Again, they're the people you have to convince.

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016
Even under the current (lack of) difficulty, there are players who complain about it being too hard or unfair. These people; unused to games (or a myriad of more cutting descriptors), likely make up a sizable portion of the playerbase. A lot of people play TiTS not as a game, but as a medium for accessing smut. By increasing the difficulty to allow for new systems to appeal to one group, you push others out. On this forum are a lot of players who sound like they've never played an rpg before. And a lot of players who don't even grasp the concept of irreversible consequences. A lot more than those I'd say love the genre and want deep, thoughtful combat. Fenco is a business. They're doing what they love (I think?), but they need to make a living. Choosing accessibility to the detriment of difficulty and substance is the right choice in that respect. So, whether a fleshed-out perk system and its necessary enablers are ultimately beneficial to the game is dependent on what Fenco's priorities for it are. Again, they're the people you have to convince.

True, true. Maybe "Vanilla" TiTs could be easy mode and TiTs: Prepare to Get Fucked Edition could be the hard mode, lol

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
True, true. Maybe "Vanilla" TiTs could be easy mode and TiTs: Prepare to Get Fucked Edition could be the hard mode, lol

lol pretty much. I'd play it. Start as everyone's cock sleeve, but winning means so much more.

WoW is the most popular mmo by far after all. And it got that way by catering to everyone, by catering to no one. That's why it's bland as fuck and convenience based. You can have a game that appeals to a broad audience but is diluted, or have a niche game that appeals to a much, much smaller audience, but whose players absolutely love it. Pick one...

...is what I want to say, but (humorously enough given your post) Dark Souls is an example of the latter that proves you can have your cake and eat it too. Still an exception to the rule though.

cc07b0a1498a3db3cf43025e0a4b65cf-casual-vs-hardcore-gamers.jpg

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Kiss marks are my big thing I'm into that doesn't get noted too much. It could be as simple as just adding mentions of lipstick prints on the PC during a scene or working in something like luststick from CoC.

danon

Mar 9, 2016

You can't just not post the full image ;p https://s32.postimg.org/kk4f3njkl/4f9_1.png 

But to be on topic, it is currently a bit hard to shrink your butt unless you man-up, so maybe further use for uthra sap would be neat.

Currently there is a real lack of a repeatable glory hole scene.

A bit more "corruption" as a game mechanic, at least that was one of my key motivating elements for CoC. Maybe a reputation system that affects random encounters in cities e.g. "Reputation: Exhibitionist", "Reputation: Prostitute" ,... 

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
@danon: I-I can't see anything.

@Nonesuch: Either is a-okay.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
There is gloryhole scene that is repeatable in yet to be added shackled Hand So X-pack.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I will never understand that reasoning.

>Play game
>Don't want to be a furry
>Do want to be best at space magic
>Being a fox-furry has the best space magic skills in the game
>Now you have to pick between something you don't want to be or not being optimal for your build

Zaku

Aug 28, 2015
I will never understand that reasoning.

I can't speak for everyone, but when playing a game where I can transform myself relatively flexibly into an ideal form, I don't like feeling that I have to take one transformation or another so I'm playing it the "right" way. Having (most) transformations be just cosmetic is more my speed, rather than feeling like I have to be an anemone-naga teasing machine to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skeleton Man

Dec 22, 2015
Some sort of Underground wrestling/fight club, or a big galaxy-wide wrestling federation. Where this SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY, you can see Galactic Heavyweight Champion JOHN STEELE defend his title!

But seriously, sexy wrestling/fight club would be awesome. WE NEED TO PUSH DICK GIRLS FOR SUMMERSLAM.