What content would you like added?

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
I mean, to me Quin lacks appeal due to lack of feelings of an actual relationship, same reason that a lot of the female companions don't have appeal to me, but Quin's is especially remarkable due to the fact he just feels empty, I can't say anything about how this mini expac is due the fact I do not pay for coc anymore due a very long lack of Brint content

Aurastrasza

Jul 15, 2018
Hmmmm, while combat effectiveness is important, I do not think it is plays that much of a role in popularity. Like, Berwyn was about as useful as Quinn, or even less so, but he was way more popular.

I think that Quinn still lacks in strong appeal. Brint has his studly dominant yet loving nature and Berwyn had his Josou seme shtick. Quin, for contrast, does not really stand out. Also, if you are a guy interested in guys, having a Bunny boy twink that you can only bottom to probably excludes bunch of potential fans. Combined that with some of his other traits, he does feel unfriendly towards large percentage of gay/bi man. Well, at least to me. And it does somewhat feel like he is more interested in other women/companions compared to champion. Which, to be fair, is in service to his relationship gimmick (which I like) but as of now makes you feel like you are at bottom of totem poll.

Not all male characters are written with gay male playable characters in mind. Some, Garret being the most obvious, are written for female playable characters exclusively. Others have options for both, but you can tell they lean more one way than the other.

Some of those who were complaining about the changes to Berwyn, mentioned the loss of his bad end scene. Which was only available to those who took his dick. And he was a was by far the most obvious twink companion, certainly more so than Quin. I feel there must be an audience for ‘twink using his dick on main character’ around. Whether that is for male or female playable characters.

Now, getting into the specifics details of the characters in question, and that perhaps the specific characteristics of one might appeal more the other is a fair argument. But the overall point still stands.

Last edited:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
I mean, to me Quin lacks appeal due to lack of feelings of an actual relationship, same reason that a lot of the female companions don't have appeal to me, but Quin's is especially remarkable due to the fact he just feels empty, I can't say anything about how this mini expac is due the fact I do not pay for coc anymore due a very long lack of Brint content
Almost like his core relationship material still isn’t in (like dating) or something.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
Almost like his core relationship material still isn’t in (like dating) or something.
I do not have access to coc plans and my one (1) braincell doesn't has enough power to remember things in the forum if I wasn't actively looking for em

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
This kind of goes into a many audiences shtick. Female-leaning, monstergirls can be generally accepted as attractive and there is a certain level of consensus on what makes a monstergirl more or less attractive. Monsterboys on the other hand don't make a strong impression on normies or furries, and there are an array of gay stereotypes that contrast a lot more strongly than their feminine equivilents. Quin's middle of the road in basically every regard other than personality, so he relies on his personality to make an impression ... which isn't distinctive enough to overcome his low screentime, unlike Dane or Berry.
I do not get your point on monsterboy thing. Why would they be less accepted with people that like man compared to your everyday humans? Especially among CoC2 fans.
Hell, personally, I think him being a bunny boy helps far more than it detracts at least with people that I interact with. For what is worth, humans-with-long-ears monster boy race is pretty popular from what I have seen (games like FInal Fantasy 14 have them and, mffff, they hit the spot.) And that is not even taking into consideration his overall looks ignoring his animalistic characteristics: somewhat androgynous face, blemish free skin, lean yet muscular build, nice pair of hips and fine dick.

Speaking of impressions, I think most people got turned off by his personality, personally. Which does try to go for this lovable, horny bastard shtick but stumbles on the way there on couple of occasions. Well, once again, with people that I interact with.

Last edited:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I do not get your point on monsterboy thing. Why would they be less accepted with people that like man compared to your everyday humans? Especially among CoC2 fans.
Hell, personally, I think him being a bunny boy helps far more than it detracts at least with people that I interact with. For what is worth, humans-with-long-ears monster boy race is pretty popular from what I have seen (games like FInal Fantasy 14 have them and, mffff, they hit the spot.) And that is not even taking into consideration his overall looks ignoring his animalistic characteristics: somewhat androgynous face, blemish free skin, lean yet muscular build, nice pair of hips and fine dick.

Speaking of impressions, I think most people got turned off by his personality, personally. Which does try to go for this lovable, horny bastard shtick but stumbles on the way there on couple of occasions. Well, once again, with people that I interact with.
You make a valid point concerning bunny boys, certain prevalent monsterboy types are quite mainstream.

Jan 26, 2022
I liked the Quin content this patch :gedthumbsup:. Him trying to grow and paying the MC back for their trust is an aspect of the character I can get behind. Maybe he can get a quest where he helps out the townspeople to win their trust in a future expansion. That'd be pretty cool.

ps. It's probably been said already, but him thirsting for companions who don't like him back is kinda weird. I hope his companion talk options change overtime to reflect his growth.

Reactions: Popopuli

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
i personally just dont like quinn.....
Well he personally doesn’t like you either!

guys it is a reference to Star Wars, blz
Fair enough. I also feel like dropkicking him sometimes, but I like aspects of his character. Hopefully the author focuses on those aspects.
A ton of folks say they dislike things but don’t say what. If you want stuff added that you like or don’t want that you dislike, you need to give ideas of what that actually is.

Tobey Maguire

Mar 10, 2020
Since we're talking about Quinn I always wondered why there isn't more specific content for bunny PC's?

I see all this sexual lore about bunny people being horny and then there's no content for it like there is for cow/minos, lupine, and cat PCs

I know writing specific race content is hard for multiple reasons so I understand why it won't be added or hasn't been added.
It's just something I think about when doing Quinn content.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Since we're talking about Quinn I always wondered why there isn't more specific content for bunny PC's?

I see all this sexual lore about bunny people being horny and then there's no content for it like there is for cow/minos, lupine, and cat PCs

I know writing specific race content is hard for multiple reasons so I understand why it won't be added or hasn't been added.
It's just something I think about when doing Quinn content.
Because I’m the only one who tries to incorporate the taeleer codex when writing them. And Quin doesn’t have interaction for them

Jan 26, 2022

A ton of folks say they dislike things but don’t say what. If you want stuff added that you like or don’t want that you dislike, you need to give ideas of what that actually is.
I already wrote it in a comment above, but I'll write an overly detailed list.
1. I like that Quin wants to repay the PCs kindness. Him doing his best training to help the team was well written.

2. I want to see Quin become accepted in Hawkethorne, by doing something good for the townsfolk. A small quest, or just some dialogue of Quin trying to help when the PC explores the town would be really cool.

3. I don't like how Quin mainly talks sexually about every companion he can talk about (in talk -> companions), even though the companions don't like him back. Even Cait, who is a sex priest talks more about what she thinks about the companions on a personal level than he does. And Arona is also horny, but she does gives us her personal thoughts afterwards. Quin comes off as shallow and I hope this dialogue changes later in the game.

In conclusion.
  • I wanna see Quin trying to help people to atone.
  • I want his more personal takes on the companions. Less horny and more teasing, but friendly maybe.

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022

he reminds me to much of a dead beat ex of mine..... sorry

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
Personally am not a fan of how his interactions with female Champion paint him like a stereotypical, masculinity-obsessed douchebag -- that simply makes him a person i don't enjoy to hang out with. (Berwyn also suffers from this to some extent, while Brint manages to dodge it by being generally a nice person who doesn't talk shit about other companions behind their backs)

However, i understand this sort of character can have their own fanbase who want exactly this sort of thing, so i don't think it's something that should be changed. Quin just is what he is, for better or worse.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
Personally am not a fan of how his interactions with female Champion paint him like a stereotypical, masculinity-obsessed douchebag -- that simply makes him a person i don't enjoy to hang out with. (Berwyn also suffers from this to some extent, while Brint manages to dodge it by being generally a nice person who doesn't talk shit about other companions behind their backs)

However, i understand this sort of character can have their own fanbase who want exactly this sort of thing, so i don't think it's something that should be changed. Quin just is what he is, for better or worse.
you see, the difference Brint is a nice jock with himbo energy, Berwyn is more tsun I think? I don't really pay much attention to femboys, while Quin is just there and very non related things stuffed into him, it kinda feels like it was undecided what it was wanted of him but since there are plans(tm) who knows lets see

Zavos

May 7, 2016
more tattoos would be cool. Can we event submit those?
Yes, though the exact blurbs needed are... evasive. I've yet to find the styalist's original docs, so I've no idea what the necessary writes for tats are.

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
Yes, though the exact blurbs needed are... evasive. I've yet to find the styalist's original docs, so I've no idea what the necessary writes for tats are.

The save only has one field per tattoo, which then gets inserted in the appearance screen (Tattoo of a BLANK on your arms). So, basically the tattoo line for the parser, the blurb. That should be it. I believe the variation in the "get tattooed scene" only depends on the location. I. E. All arm tattoos should have the same scene.

Reactions: Zavos

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
you see, the difference Brint is a nice jock with himbo energy, Berwyn is more tsun I think? I don't really pay much attention to femboys, while Quin is just there and very non related things stuffed into him, it kinda feels like it was undecided what it was wanted of him but since there are plans(tm) who knows lets see
I always read Quin as a tragic hero with a fatal flow of horniness (well, hero-ish). The running theme in his backstory is his dick getting him into trouble - first with the Talons, then leading him into a cult. Now that he's lost everything not once but twice he's almost Byronic - a charmer, big brain, and passionate, but inside he's the big sad. Jaded, beset by vices, and prone to dramatically brooding whenever he can find the appropriate scenery.

The good news is the new patch gives direction to his character arc. We learn more about the circumstances in which he joined the cult, and convince him to invest himself and believe. The quest and new companion talks reflect a Quin who spends less time drinking and being kind of a jerk, and more time bettering himself to more effectively serve the party and strive towards his goal of stabbing Tollus repeatedly and redeeming the cultists Tollus mindfucked.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
I always read Quin as a tragic hero with a fatal flow of horniness (well, hero-ish). The running theme in his backstory is his dick getting him into trouble - first with the Talons, then leading him into a cult. Now that he's lost everything not once but twice he's almost Byronic - a charmer, big brain, and passionate, but inside he's the big sad. Jaded, beset by vices, and prone to dramatically brooding whenever he can find the appropriate scenery.

The good news is the new patch gives direction to his character arc. We learn more about the circumstances in which he joined the cult, and convince him to invest himself and believe. The quest and new companion talks reflect a Quin who spends less time drinking and being kind of a jerk, and more time bettering himself to more effectively serve the party and strive towards his goal of stabbing Tollus repeatedly and redeeming the cultists Tollus mindfucked.
huh, neat will try it out when the public patch comes

luciel1331

Oct 20, 2021

Huh I never thought to view him in that light. I like the ur character analysis! Haven't finished his quest but glad to get more content of him!

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019

Oh! I am interested. Especially about the cult stuff since that seems like a such a miss mash of contrivences that do Quinn more harm than good. Hope the public patch fixes/addresses some of his base problems.

Last edited:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Oh! I am interested. Especially about the cult stuff since that seems like a such a miss mash of contrivences that do Quinn more harm than good. Hope the public patch fixes/addresses some of his base problems.
Bro do you actually intend to use the word contrivances in such a vague way?

Reactions: Dauntless26

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Yeah, it is there for intrigue.

For I do have couple of major problems with whole "Quinn being a part cult thing" with one of them being that it is such a missed opportunity. But I do not want to unload my whole thesis for why it is till a public patch. Since Zag claims that you addressed some of the complaints, thou I do not know exactly which. And if they are the one that I have a problem with. Besides, I already spoke enough about Quinn and why I think he is not as popular as he could be.
So until it releases, I will just wait and see what direction you decided to take the bunnyboy.