What content would you like added?

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Im looking at the planned zones post and, while the centaur stuff itself is optional, it feels like the area itself is technically not optional considering how its probably gonna be the only way to tychis and is the only way to the city of beef.
huh? khor minos is in the foothills dude.

Reactions: wery12345

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Im looking at the planned zones post and, while the centaur stuff itself is optional, it feels like the area itself is technically not optional considering how its probably gonna be the only way to tychis and is the only way to the city of beef.
By all accounts, Tychris is itself an area that the story isn't going to require you to visit, just as the floofhaus is a huge chunk of content that is completely optional if you're just following the main plot. I have to imagine most players will want to see Tychris but it's one of those adjacent areas like the Glacial Rift that you can go to if you want to but you don't need to.

Harvest Valley likewise is an area that you don't have to visit to progress In Her Footsteps. While completing its big quest is a part of unlocking the Champion of Hawkethorne title and several other quests with major content (like Mad Cow, which is essential if you want to turn Brint into Brienne) it's not needed to get into Khor'minos. You can get peaceful access to the Undermountain zone after clearing the Winter City or you can fight your way in whenever you're feeling brave enough. Harvest Valley has naught to do with it.
This is one of the few times when primordial plans have actually changed somewhat.
Oh? Anything you're willing to share at this point?

Reactions: Burnerbro

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
huh? khor minos is in the foothills dude.
Im a fucking dumbass, I confuse those 2 zones CONSTANTLY.

Though I am still wondering if being a god champion is a way to getting into Kor, I always complete winter city, and if im guessing you will literally be able to become a gods champion in all 3 before getting to Kor.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
By all accounts, Tychris is itself an area that the story isn't going to require you to visit,
Correct, entirely optional area unrelated to the MSQ, just like the fox den. And you'll only need to go through Harvest Valley as far as the Caravanserai (like <10 squares) anyway.

Anything you're willing to share at this point?
Not really :)

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
I want more Mara and the rest of the Centaur Caravan! Let them base the caravan out of the wayfort, I'd totally pay to have Mara on retainer...

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
Wsan is hard at work on that right now.
Omg Really!? I am far more excited to hear that than I should be. It's like Christmas came early! (or should that be Khor'istmas?)

Wsan's like the patron saint of smut I didn't know I was into until these games...

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
How about the Adventures also visiting
They're planned to show up in the 'mander bar, which AFAIK isn't implemented yet (though it is written).

The adventurers themselves also haven't been WRITTEN yet, but at the very least the horsegirl will be one of my two small Khor'minos projects once I'm done with the big dungeon I'm just about finished with.

Weerz

Apr 25, 2021
Rapture
They're planned to show up in the 'mander bar, which AFAIK isn't implemented yet (though it is written).

The adventurers themselves also haven't been WRITTEN yet, but at the very least the horsegirl will be one of my two small Khor'minos projects once I'm done with the big dungeon I'm just about finished with.
Sweet! Eh just realised i wrote Adventures instead of Adventurers. Phone must have fixed it.

So lets make it clear. They will staying there and you can have them any time? Just asking because im into that lupine girl. :p please make her the champions full time Lover like Elthara or Liulfr <3

Wait. When she will actually get her upgrade? I remember her 2nd part was also submitted. Enslaving/break ing her/him and pregnancy.
Also might be weird but can her sleeping time be nerfed? Like several hour instead of a whole day?

PeachParfait

Dec 8, 2021
I personally volunteer to solve Nakano's whole "needing to get married" situation by oh so selflessly sacrificing my Champion to the cause :)

He's grumpy and stoic which is immediately one of my types in fictional men and I know one of the bad ends is being married off to him but now I crave an angsty Nakano romance. It'd also just be nice to expand on male content in the game because the focus has mostly been on female characters haha

Last edited:

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
Someone made a thread about gaining perks from challenges, and it kinda got me thinking there was a possible opportunity, not necessarily for stuff like perks/uniques, but for at most a new central npc, or at least a bounty board in each town with room for rewards, and if a npc, possible room for a hunter with a bestiary of all enemies you've sensed/defeated, possibly separated into categories for less clutter like humanoids, constructs, ethereals.

For example, whether a npc is made with contracts, or each town has a bounty board, you can get new quests for specific targets. Not necessarily unique individuals with scenes etc, but unique threats. Stuff like say, wolves that have become tainted and extremely powerful, or possibly normal encounters with a gimmick that make them much more interesting/deadly. It gives room for more content and the ability to push difficulty to the limits without needing as much amounts of writing, while being optional. So people could have the option of either grinding weaker, normal area encounters, or going after the big targets, or both for completionists. It also leaves room for optional "superbosses", or stuff like say, Kass disguising herself as a odd looking common enemy, being a really difficult fight, then having a few lines of dialogue and fleeing.

If a npc isn't a option, then near the middle of each settlement you could have a board where you have a small wanted description, then in a set square on the map the board is for, you can trigger the encounter, once it's done, you head back to the board and receive your reward. Possibly get "bounty hunter" as a title for completing a majority or all of them. I know generally swiggity swoogity is the focus but I feel something like that could help make regions feel more "alive" and like you were helping keep the peace, and also for people who enjoy the combat. At the same time, the rewards could stay like hefty amounts of money, or just rare-ish items as rewards, so people who don't care much for the combat or don't want harder encounters can avoid it no problem.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I feel something like that could help make regions feel more "alive" and like you were helping keep the peace, and also for people who enjoy the combat
One of the things we've been told about the Wayfort expansion is that it's going to have events related to defending your land so something like that's already going to be part of the game even if we don't know the specifics.

As far as a bounty setup, that's functionally 'an NPC and a multi-stage quest' as far as easiest integration into the existing structures of the game goes, having each 'hunt' be a special tile encounter. So someone would need to make the quest-giver and all their text (much more if they're planned to be anything other than a blob who hands out bounties), then the quest log and any associated dialogue for the actual encounters (including companion variations where relevant), then write up relevant descriptions and stats for all the enemies and any new Powers they'd need (and run all that by the people who balance those things) and probably more that I can't think up off the top of my head. So, y'know, a lot of work.

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
One of the things we've been told about the Wayfort expansion is that it's going to have events related to defending your land so something like that's already going to be part of the game even if we don't know the specifics.

As far as a bounty setup, that's functionally 'an NPC and a multi-stage quest' as far as easiest integration into the existing structures of the game goes, having each 'hunt' be a special tile encounter. So someone would need to make the quest-giver and all their text (much more if they're planned to be anything other than a blob who hands out bounties), then the quest log and any associated dialogue for the actual encounters (including companion variations where relevant), then write up relevant descriptions and stats for all the enemies and any new Powers they'd need (and run all that by the people who balance those things) and probably more that I can't think up off the top of my head. So, y'know, a lot of work.
sorry, i dont really know what im talking about i just enjoy the game and wanted to participate with the boys

Reactions: Daft Hellians

Weerz

Apr 25, 2021
Rapture
I think this would be a lot of time to write and implement. Why arent we leave them write the city first? The arena will be some ultra messed up stuff.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Ok but if the bounty board in town is implemented, will we be able have "hmm, fuck" added as option to all dialogue and get an angsty goth sorceress gf?
I mean, the Champ and Co are already in on G's main hustle of laying the monsters we are supposed to be slaying and taking the fools' money as a bonus.

Which would be the second biggest issue after the sheer amount of writing necessary to get a meaningful bounty system up and running: how can the Champ actually deal with the bounties in a meaningful manner without doubling or tripling the amount of murderating that takes place in the game?

I would say that I like the overall idea of getting some bounties and making the random enemy encounters useful for more than straight level and money grinding. It's just that one will need a more specific version of the idea that will fit the overall tone of the game.

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
a tile and more direct interaction with hitoshi would be nice. as it stands, nakano, love him or hate him, he does elicit feelings. currently, if you only go by in game content, hitoshi drifts dangerously close to just "farmer a". nakano feels a lot more "canon" of a choice because of that. n feels "there" and makes you feel like youre living a family dramedy movie as the parents, and your daughters husband just seems like crap, but probably by the end he turns out decent or a work in progress and you have a manly two tap hug. h feels like he sleeps in a closet then leaves just long enough to get blamed for something. could be nice to have him in his own tile near rindo where he works the fields, and has his own missions, probably centered on getting produce and materials to contrast with n's

Reactions: Kesil