What content would you like added?

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
since his parser soup really makes him unappealing
It did kind of confuse me, whenever anyone asks for a transformation or increasingly any content not already on the design doc the response is "That's never going to happen, it's outside the scope of the game, it's to difficult" and then a character gets 10~ variables.

I'm not against it I just thought it was odd. To be fair though it's more often just other players speaking on behalf of the writers/devs telling people their requests aren't going to happen.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
It did kind of confuse me, whenever anyone asks for a transformation or increasingly any content not already on the design doc the response is "That's never going to happen, it's outside the scope of the game, it's to difficult" and then a character gets 10~ variables.

I'm not against it I just thought it was odd. To be fair though it's more often just other players speaking on behalf of the writers/devs telling people their requests aren't going to happen.
I would suggest Berwyn is an example of why that's unlikely to happen for other characters. His expansion adding the variables took over a year to write, was and still is buggy due to the sheer number of code variables, and made adding any further content to him (or even retrofitting past content with the new variants) an utterly miserable slog where for every 10,000 words the author writes, the player gets 1,000 words of content.

Not to mention the, ah, mixed reception all the laborious, backbreaking work got once it was finally implemented.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
Idk why people are so fucking pissed about the very option to have Wynne be trans... you can also just choose for her to be a cis boy, that's possible too.

Personally I find her infinitely more interesting if nothing else in getting the opportunity to pick a new body and just kinda going. you know what? girl time.

That slaps, tbh, thanks B. Sorry people are whiny about it.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
Idk why people are so fucking pissed about the very option to have Wynne be trans... you can also just choose for her to be a cis boy, that's possible too.

Personally I find her infinitely more interesting if nothing else in getting the opportunity to pick a new body and just kinda going. you know what? girl time.

That slaps, tbh, thanks B. Sorry people are whiny about it.
you see, that is far from the problem, the problem is that a part of the scenes that made people like berry got yeeted into oblivion, and that it made it terribly unlikely either berry or wynne are getting anything ever again, unless someone makes a significant cash drop for it

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
thinking of it, a trans girl is also heavily inaccurate, if it was about transitioning I would likely even be into it as I love non cis characters, but no its suddenly transformed because berwyn became juice and the player gets to pick, I feel there is significantly better samples of gender/sex switch, Bri is very non-binary in the whole mad cow quest afterwhile, no issues with having a different name and genitals so long they could be still a warrior, that feels like a significantly smoother transition with the whole bit of scenes after Brint is Brienne, Liufr (my beloved) is an intersex character that needed the resources and a push towards either side and is significantly happier after getting the tfs as they lacked confidence without transitioning to either side.

Gender was never the problem, execution of it and total closure to the point only a 1% of people would want to write for either was.

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
At this point I'm exhausted with Berwyn as a whole. It's impossible to bring them up in either a positive or negative light without this discussion surfacing yet again, with the same points iterated yet again. It's left a rather sour taste in my mouth that carries over to engaging with Berry in the game itself and I didn't even mind the changes.

It's also a bit frustrating cuz B did a legitimately good job with it, especially considering the sheer commitment they had to make to give what we did get and all of that is just ignored.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I mean a lot of people are just unhappy with the whole expansion, so I see no harm in discussing it.

Also, no offense to anyone, but putting in a lot of time into the project shouldn't disqualify it from being looked at in either positive and negative light. Especially since to a lot of Berwyn fans, this whole expansion felt like a character assassination.

Last edited:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
At this point I'm exhausted with Berwyn as a whole. It's impossible to bring them up in either a positive or negative light without this discussion surfacing yet again, with the same points iterated yet again. It's left a rather sour taste in my mouth that carries over to engaging with Berry in the game itself and I didn't even mind the changes.

It's also a bit frustrating cuz B did a legitimately good job with it, especially considering the sheer commitment they had to make to give what we did get and all of that is just ignored.
B is a great writer that did well with what he had to do, which was finish Berwyn. I completely understand why he did what he did, and it almost certainly expanded the audience for Berry while wrapping up his story. That said, Berry didn't really need to have his audience expanded when he was getting taken off the companion board, and regardless of intent and quality, it's easy for people to view the whole transformation thing as taking him away from the niche that loved him (even if that content is still available from pre-quest Berry, if you just don't do it) to give to those who didn't.

The whole "getting squished and reforming based on feelings with magic" is probably the best way to make a character who has previously shown no signs of wanting to transition decide to be a girl. That said, this also means that it took a femboy that seemed to be comfortable as male, and out of nowhere just decided that they could actually just not be. It was likely never intended as a personal attack, but to those with a vested interested in him, this could easily read like one, that they aren't allowed to have their own toys and have to share it with the people who are already widely serviced.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
I would very much like of Ice Rose (boreal Elf TF) would not clear all Wing Flags.

Specifically Dove Wings. So its a bit easier to try for a Valkyrie look-alike set of TFs

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
I mean a lot of people are just unhappy with the whole expansion, so I see no harm in discussing it.
Vocal minority, really. Even at it's peak the amount of people who took issue with it were small in comparison those who liked it or remained indifferent, and even now those same people are the ones that get involved here.

Also, no offense to anyone, but putting in a lot of time into the project shouldn't disqualify it from being looked at in either positive and negative light. Especially since to a lot of Berwyn fans, this whole expansion felt like a character assassination.
I have a BA in a design field, I know all about dumping many hours into a doomed project, and in that regards I agree that time does not equate quality. The favored description amongst professors was "polishing a turd." Doesn't matter how much effort you put into it a turd is still a turd. A bad base leads to a bad finish. The thing I was addressing when pointing out my frustrations is there are more than a few instances where legitimate criticism is thrown to the wind in favor of boiling everything down to a deliberate targeted attack against a portion of the player base, especially when terms like "character assassination" are being thrown around. That's bad faith and unfair to the author, quality of the content be damned. I am not saying that it's the only thing people are doing, but it's certainly been done enough to notice.

And that still doesn't change the fact that it's the same arguments every time and most of us just wanna move on from it and be able to at least mention the character without risking this get resparked for the nth time.

Bback

Aug 8, 2021
How about more summon power?

I know there is new friend talsenne (although she is stuck in level 7 power) and berwyn's stone golem, but I want summon that immune to physical damage. Like wolf spirit.

Maybe fox spirit would be nice. Simillar to wolf, but deals magical (and fire/holy?) damage instead. Unlockable from keros shirine side quest.

Reactions: HavocHive55

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Vocal minority, really. Even at it's peak the amount of people who took issue with it were small in comparison those who liked it or remained indifferent, and even now those same people are the ones that get involved here.

I have a BA in a design field, I know all about dumping many hours into a doomed project, and in that regards I agree that time does not equate quality. The favored description amongst professors was "polishing a turd." Doesn't matter how much effort you put into it a turd is still a turd. A bad base leads to a bad finish. The thing I was addressing when pointing out my frustrations is there are more than a few instances where legitimate criticism is thrown to the wind in favor of boiling everything down to a deliberate targeted attack against a portion of the player base, especially when terms like "character assassination" are being thrown around. That's bad faith and unfair to the author, quality of the content be damned. I am not saying that it's the only thing people are doing, but it's certainly been done enough to notice.

And that still doesn't change the fact that it's the same arguments every time and most of us just wanna move on from it and be able to at least mention the character without risking this get resparked for the nth time.
Sure, but throwing any sort of negative discourse in to the bin because "it is same old same ol'' is just disingenuous to people that are genuinely not happy with how it all turned out.

But if you want some more defined criticism of the expansion, well:
The parsers make it pain in the ass to write for Berwyn which means that one of the goals --making it easier to support him -- failed. It introduced a problem that his past self did not suffer from. Which is how this whole discussion started at first place since someone asked for content of Wynne and Matiha and they got struck down "it would be to hard."
It takes away focus from Berwyn and what made him him and spreads it to thin; especially compared to his past content which I believe is genuinely better written and shows more of that bratty charm than what his expansion self can match.
It removes content, full stop. Especially his pregnancy content.

More personal ones:
When playing as a vagina champ, it does feel little odd that I can not top him by power-bottoming
Matiha is boring and if you have no interest
In her, you do lose on a lot of content.
Sure, s/he is more popular, but counter point -- any guy would be more popular if you could turn him into a girl since that is what most of the audience wants. And popularity really means little to me since that it doesn't really tell you if something is good or bad.
Having a character that I liked be twisted for the sake of masses is not something that I am a fan off.

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
Things do tend to look like "the same old same old" when the same things are being told by the same people to the same people and there's fuck all any of us can do about it.

You are unhappy with how it turned out. We know.

God, now I'M repeating myself.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Those things tend to happen in insulated community such as these forums. We are all guilty of it.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Viv happened and absolutely love her.. alot easier to find now she's parked at the Wayfort. Would love more sex scenes with Viv. I swear I read somewhere she was going to be able to get a dick for a scene.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
It removes content, full stop. Especially his pregnancy content.
You can still access Berry's pregnancy stuff if you don't do the second quest and just keep him at the Wayfort. Doing the quest will remove the content, yeah, but the old content is still sitting there.

Reactions: Dauntless26

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
honestly berry quest 2 was just character assassination with the purpose of giving the main audience two girls to have a threesome with, a very significant part of the forum is interested in girls only and they forget, characters that don't fit their tastes aren't bad, you just want everything to be a girl.

this probably sounds very funny when you have seen my disdain for observer content and it amuses even me
While I'm not into Kiyoko as a companion (or sleeping with her in general) I'll admit that Observer actually writes good stuff, even if the topic he chose to put that talent into isn't for me.

I imagine that the guys who do share his tastes are over the moon though because Floofhaus and related content is really developed. They're the quivalent of that one really long Final Fantasy sidequest you get lost in, emerge from days later and wonder what the big bad has been doing in that time and why the world hasn't ended yet.

Reactions: Majincotton

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
While I'm not into Kiyoko as a companion (or sleeping with her in general) I'll admit that Observer actually writes good stuff, even if the topic he chose to put that talent into isn't for me.

I imagine that the guys who do share his tastes are over the moon though because Floofhaus and related content is really developed. They're the quivalent of that one really long Final Fantasy sidequest you get lost in, emerge from days later and wonder what the big bad has been doing in that time and why the world hasn't ended yet.
I mean, same on that the observer writes good, my disdain is fully and overly based on that the only thing you can actually do for the den is to have a dick

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I would very much like of Ice Rose (boreal Elf TF) would not clear all Wing Flags.

Specifically Dove Wings. So its a bit easier to try for a Valkyrie look-alike set of TFs
Should be able to get it by starting wyld elf with dove wings, TFing frost elf, and then taking another wyld elf TF to get your Mark of the Wyld back. The existing TF item clears wing flags because frost elves, unlike wyld elves, don't naturally have wings - they have to get them from the valkyrie godsworn TF.

Which ought to be available to you in the not-terribly-distant future!

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Wait, the salamanders are immune to physical damage?!
Only Phyria. The flame dancer and flame knight are not immune. Spirit wolf is immune as well.

Edit: To be precise: Phyria and the wolf are not immune to all physical dmg. They have a resistance of 100 vs. penetrating and 100 vs. crushing. Which means they are immune to physical and magical crushing dmg. But something like physical fire dmg can still hurt them.

Last edited: