What are your gripes/criticism of TiTs?

Rikki

Aug 20, 2021
I thought about putting this in the What Content Would You Like To See Added thread, but I guess it could go in here just as well. I imagine this may have been addressed previously, and there may or may not be something in the works to rectify it, but here goes.

Let me first start by saying I am in no way trying to disparage the artwork, or any of the artists talents. As someone who can't even draw decent stick figures, I'm the last person to critique someone else's work.

I would really like to see a new bust for Brynn on New Texas. Shou's depiction of him just does not match or live up to the larger than life description written by Gedan:

"When your mind cuts through the lusty haze induced by the heavy, pheromone-laden air, you’re greeted by the sight of a monstrously huge bull-stud. Even sat low to the floor as he is, almost squatting atop a solid wooden bench, he still towers over you. The subtle motion of muscles rippling under his flesh is the only indication that the centerpiece of the room is actually a living, breathing creature, rather than an exquisitely crafted marble statue capturing an idealised male physique.

The literal giant of a man seems cramped, almost cooped up in such a tiny little space. His presence absolutely dominates the interior of the stall, his scale so massive that everything appears to be only a fraction of its usual size. He looks as though he could easily reach out and touch both walls of the stall at the same time without much trouble, only further magnifying the effect and leaving you subtly uncomfortable. You know the stall is nowhere near as tiny as it feels right now, but you can’t shake the feeling of being slightly claustrophobic because of it. Shit, even the tiny little maintenance ducts meandering their way all over your ship seem bigger than this."

Don't get me wrong; I love Shou's artwork for many other characters: Aurora the batgirl is super adorbs, Chaurmine is super husbando numero uno, Yoma, Prai, Kaede, Kara, Embry are all bae (am I using that right?). Not to mention two of my favorite Masters: Vark and Lund, and best Daddy in the game, Urbolg. And I can't wait until we can get more Zaalt. Along with many others.

But yeah, I would love to see a bigger, beefier, bulgier Brynn sometime in a future update. Hopefully Adjatha has something in the works? Love what they did with Big T.

AfroNick

Feb 10, 2020
I'll throw my two cents in. Personal gripe I have is not being able to have access to the inventory when selecting sex scenes. Having to awkwardly back out or reload a save to use a condensol so that my penis will fit is really annoying. It would be a nice quality of life change.

DJ_Arashi_Rora

Jul 19, 2017
I'll throw my two cents in. Personal gripe I have is not being able to have access to the inventory when selecting sex scenes. Having to awkwardly back out or reload a save to use a condensol so that my penis will fit is really annoying. It would be a nice quality of life change.
That would be something I'd throw money at.

TheGodofAgony

Nov 17, 2021
My biggest gripes are Sera not being able to reach 100% affection either by being fully broken or her actually growing to love you in some fucked up Stockholm Syndrome type of deal or by being freed and chosing to stay your slave on her own (I'm a perfectionist, I like my numbers at either 100 or 0 what can I say :p)

And something else which in my eyes is highly illogical: I'm a ridiculously tall Tauric futa with Maxed willpower, physique and reflexes, why the actual hell can I not overpower my upgraded siegwulfe after Badger is done with her and instead still get dominated and mounted by something half my size...
(don't get me wrong, makes total sense for regular characters but I think there should be a condition that is harder to reach but allows you to overpower her, maybe being a Taur type creature with a minimum body size above that of the siegwulfe and 75% - 100% in some stats to be able to do it...)

Reactions: Daft Hellians

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
Honestly? I don't have any. Sure just being the type of fetishist that I am I'd like to see more involuntary or "involuntary" stuff but I get that isn't what the devs go for so I have learned to enjoy the game without it. Any other complaints I really might have can be addressed by using cheats (namely lack of crew space and too much grinding for money) and since that's a thing, I got no beef.

Big Papa Coyote

Nov 7, 2015
Here's one. We need WAY more descriptive qualifiers for lubricated assholes. Reading 'immaculately lubricated' and 'slime-drooling' six or seven times per anal oriented sex scene gets tedious and really just kinda throws me out of the moment.

Seriously, we don't even need them to be all that fancy. 'Sopping wet', 'soaked/-ing', 'lube leaking', 'moist' (yeah, I know) or 'moistened', 'glistening', 'dewy'.

I'm sure others with a much better lexicon than I can come up with more and better ones.
You should literally submit that. Seems like it'd be easy for the devs to put in the parser.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
That would be something I'd throw money at.
Condensol can be used in combat.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Condensol can be used in combat.
That doesn't really help. Sure, if you remember it, and you know none of the following sex scenes can actually be played with a cock your size, you could try taking it then, but it's easy to forget, and just play the combat. Besides, that doesn't help when you're in the sex menu for a character, whether post-combat or a neutral encounter. It's still not convenient, because the you'll only know that the scenes would be blocked when they get blocked.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
Honestly, one thing that doesn't make sense to me is the fact that Steele is treated as a virgin until he/she has their first sex scene. Its not a big deal or anything but it just sort of seems odd from a character and lore perspective. I mean this is somebody who is very attractive, the child of one of the richest and most famous men in the galaxy, has spent the last several years travelling and working and lives in a universe where people make love at the drop of a hat. And they waited until however old they are at game start to get laid? Its a small thing that can be easily ignored but it does sort of confuse me.

TiTSFan

Jan 25, 2019
Honestly, one thing that doesn't make sense to me is the fact that Steele is treated as a virgin until he/she has their first sex scene. Its not a big deal or anything but it just sort of seems odd from a character and lore perspective. I mean this is somebody who is very attractive, the child of one of the richest and most famous men in the galaxy, has spent the last several years travelling and working and lives in a universe where people make love at the drop of a hat. And they waited until however old they are at game start to get laid? Its a small thing that can be easily ignored but it does sort of confuse me.
Eh, I've come to the conclusion that Vic did something hidden that kept completely disinterested in sex until it was deactivated when they got the nanobots at Vics will reading.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
Eh, I've come to the conclusion that Vic did something hidden that kept completely disinterested in sex until it was deactivated when they got the nanobots at Vics will reading.
That's definitely an interesting headcanon/theory, I could see him doing that as an attempt to keep his kid focused and undistracted by sex until they set off on the planet rush. Although if that were true I know I'd be pretty pissed if I was Steele lol.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Honestly, probably just oughta have some sort of choice in character creation. We know Steele's somewhere in their twenties, so giving an option to start as a virgin or not would be neat, particularly given how fuck-happy all of my Steeles happen to be.

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
I feel the height and weight ratio could be better, my character is 6'5 and I was 150 pounds just because I was lean. I would be a twig at that weight.. I had to ridiculously thicken myself just to get to 185, and at that point the game considers me massive for some reason.

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
The Gabilani Cyborg. Takes a bit of effort to take down, and in the end has nothing for nice characters unless they're willing to slowly shift into mischievous. And the 100 credits one gets from just leaving the fight don't really justify fighting her.
Yeah. She's just an annoyance and delays me in getting to see Nusha faster.

Irmo

Aug 8, 2021
At this point, the only thing that has me really aggravated is the Amara fight. Frankly, in my eyes the group has way too many options to almost completely shut out Steele and Kara. I've had attempts at the fight in which Steele was either blind or stunned or both for almost the entirety of the fight. (Also, if it's possible to shoot blindly, why not teasing? You can put on a show without knowing precisely where the other side is standing relative to you)

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
At this point, the only thing that has me really aggravated is the Amara fight. Frankly, in my eyes the group has way too many options to almost completely shut out Steele and Kara. I've had attempts at the fight in which Steele was either blind or stunned or both for almost the entirety of the fight.
I agree that fight can be verry annoying, especially depending on your Class and Perks.
(Also, if it's possible to shoot blindly, why not teasing? You can put on a show without knowing precisely where the other side is standing relative to you)
Good news: In the JavaScript version, it was recently made possible to Tease while Blinded.
In light of the changes, I think there should be a distinction made between the default Tease attacks and Milk Squirt, Myr Venom and Dick Slap. The latter should use the Attack calculation, but Blind doesn't decrease effectiveness.

Last edited:

Irmo

Aug 8, 2021
I agree that fight can be verry annoying, especially depending on your Class and Perks.
I have a tech and the only thing with which I've been making reasonable headway is Overcharge. But if I spend one round on Deflector Regeneration, so that the shield holds longer and I don't run out of energy, that's a round in which I don't make headway and can be stunned.

Also, the fight is of course being made extra-difficult by the fact that you can't simply leave and change your equipment.

Frankly, I can't think of any other fight in any of the other games that has brought me that close to simply quitting the whole game. Heck, even if I think I never actually managed to win the final fight with Lethice in CoC, at least I know this is the big finale, I've seen most of the game and grinding a bit more might improve my chances (for which I then usually don't have the patience). Here, we're talking about a dungeon boss, and looking at the thread here, there may be yet more frustrating fights in store.

So maybe someone think a bit about the balancing. Even defeating the juggernaut feels hollow if immediately thereafter, you get completely shut out and stomped.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
So maybe someone think a bit about the balancing. Even defeating the juggernaut feels hollow if immediately thereafter, you get completely shut out and stomped.
She actually was nerfed. Her combat logic was changed so she could no longer Stun-lock (supposedly).
If you're a Tech, you can Paralyze her in the first round, then use Deflector Regen. My Tech is Drone Melee, so I used the Vamp Blade on her Shields, but that won't work for you.
Wiki says she's got a 94.5% Immunity to Energy Weapons, which really hurts Overcharge Techs.
Overcharge increases it's damage if you pick Second Shot at level 8 (1.5x -> 2x), so level makes a big difference.
You are keeping Intelligence high, right?
The changes to Tease combat will mean you do more Tease damage to Paralyzed targets, so Paralyzing her, then Teasing is likely to be a more viable strategy, should you play through again in JavaScript.

Requires prep (admittedly):
You can get +40 Max Energy from Queen Irellia before heading to the base. The buff lasts for 2 days, which should be plenty.
You can buy a MK II Shield Booster from Vi for 100 extra Shields.
You should be level 7 by the time you qualify, and can thus buy the FZR Fire Suppression System from Shekka. With a decent Physique (~25 shouldn't take too long at the Ten Ton Gym) and a Crushing melee weapon, you should be able to take her out in a couple of turns.
I wonder how her Energy resistance would interact with a Slut Ray or Bimbolium Emitter?
Edit: Just did a test. At Level 7 and 35 Aim, Overcharging a Bimbolium Emitter does about 21-29 Tease damage/turn.
But I don't want to clutter the thread. If you want to continue the discussion, new thread or PM?

Last edited:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Now that the port has been made public, I... have some gripes. Mostly just about the convenience of seeing things.
I don't like that you can't see the core stats (physique, reflexes, aim, intelligence, willpower, and libido, I don't really care about taint though) without going into the codex and then going into the stats section in the codex. This dislike is slightly strengthened because there's a large block of empty space between what stats are shown when the normal ui is set to stats mode and the six buttons of stuff. It's not too big of a deal, but it's nice information to have (particularly given how things can alter them outside of level-ups, so being able to see them change live would be helpful). It's worse in combat, where there's an even larger blank space below the shields, health, lust, and energy bars, and where enemies can inflict status effects which (I presume) can directly impact the stats, assuming they work like they did in the flash version of TiTS.

I also dislike the lack of tooltips for anything except choices in the 3x5 block, partially because the icons of main menu, masturbation, rest, save/data, inventory, and codex are just icons rather than text (and half of them are pretty unclear about what they're supposed to be). The presence of tooltips when hovering your cursor over something, to explain what it is or even just give it a name, would be nice.

Also, it's annoying that you can't see the stats of equipment without pressing "inspect." You can still compare two pieces of equipment in the same slot, of course, due to the screen showing how things would change if you put an equipment piece on, but still, it's inconvenient to have to press inspect to see the stats. It is particularly annoying given that there's a text box just sitting there already, but it's showing you a description of the thing's appearance and lore rather than game-relevant information, even though it would make more sense the game-relevant info would be on display and lore/descriptive stuff to only be shown when hitting the inspect button, because details like that are what you would expect to come from inspecting something.

Perhaps the smallest of these, but it is mildly inconvenient that, if you hit "drop" and then press the "cancel" button, it completely kicks you out of the inventory screen, rather than just cancelling the dropping and moving you to the normal inventory screen.

Altogether, all of these are essentially just small inconveniences which just make things slightly more annoying than I would like them to be, but at the same time, I think it would probably be best to not have minor annoyances like these. Though, I'd also understand if changing them is not a high priority, there is a lot of work on other aspects that needs to be done.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
It does feel like the UI is prettier, but less informative.
The lack of an easy way to see 'Passive Stats'* is going to make training (Ten Ton Gym, Ramis, etc) much more annoying. I wish there was a way to swap the Active stats and Passive stats display. Or swap the Status Effects with Passive. You don't need to see your 'Active Stats' in town, where you're doing the most training.
*As labeled by the Codex.

Using an item kicks you out of the Inventory. This is fine for healing or 1-off Transformatives like the Treatment or Foxfire, but a lot of TFs are designed with the expectation you'll be using a lot of them. Having to go back into the Inventory (and maybe scroll down) each time is going to become very tedious.

You can't easily compare items in a shop against each other, either. In Flash, you just hovered over the button, but in JavaScript, you have to go back, select the other item and then Compare.

Such is the hazard of optimizing for Mobile, I guess.

Edit: Yes, Codex, I know I have unspent points. I'm saving them for later. You don't have to keep flashing me.

Last edited:

Rylan

Mar 5, 2020
The fact that Mitzi cannot equip outfits that she used to be able to equip...
Jumper Jumpsuit, Rogue's Rags,Reinforced Bodysuit..... I have a list if you want it.
Sad thing is, some of these are do to coding errors, leading me to try and find old versions in order to give her these items.
as it is, Mitzi is coded to accept any item that fits the 'Armor' slot that has a sexiness rating of 5 or more. that used to be fine, but the sexiness system was overhauled, and some stuff was shifted around to reflect this, but Mitzi's code was not updated to incorporate the new flags and code. The Rogue's Rags are the most obvious victim of this, as the sexiness rating was tuned down, but it was given the "Fully Exposed" flag, which sets the hidden sexiness rating to 6(+1 sexiness for each part exposed, which in this case is the maximum +3), but Mitzi will not accept the Rogue's Rags because it is listed the sexiness rating is listed as a 3.
This should be overhauled, along with the new ui apparently

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
The fact that Mitzi cannot equip outfits that she used to be able to equip...
Jumper Jumpsuit, Rogue's Rags,Reinforced Bodysuit..... I have a list if you want it.
This sounds like a valid bug report, to me. The worst they'll do is tell you it's "not a bug". If you do file a report, I'd recommend including the whole list.
That said, it will probably be a low priority, with all the crashes that need to be fixed. You might also hold off until the game is more complete and stable to avoid it being forgotten about. I know I've had reports buried before.

Keet

Jun 15, 2018
Oklahoma
only real gripe so far (beyond the honestly expected crashes with the public build) is that there's no next button to scroll through menus, so a lot of color options are suddenly locked out of customization. for example if I want pink hair I'll have to settle for strawberry blonde bc it doesn't appear on the menu, since it was on another page in the previous build and it looks like the JS version only shows the first one. very annoying if you want specific colors but it's a pretty small gripe honestly.

v.mum

Mar 2, 2018
A gripe I have thus far with the new JS UI is the generally difficulty with stats.

Dont get me wrong, i'm not complaining simply because it's "new" and there's stuff to get used to- theres definitely that, but i'm going to get used to it as i go, so i don't mind. I'll get used to all the new button locations, and the new icons- it'll just take a bit of practice.

My frustration comes down to the visibility of stats and the map. The UI is new and sleek and I do like it- but the reduction in stat visibility feels like a step backward overall. Being able to see more of the map at one time is great! if you make the map big, you can see the Active stats like Health, which is obviously essential for a game centered around battles. But the fact that if i go INTO the stats menu, and it utilizes the empty space to put my Passive stats like Taint and Libido in the display...?

Why...? Why isn't it always like that? Especially if i have no active Status Effects so that entire space is blank? Could you not allow me to cycle that space between status effect and passive stats, like you can cycle small map/active stats? Or, what i Would actually recommend- make the buttons smaller for the navigation & menu controls? Genuinely, i'm not sure why they need to be so big as to take up half of the side bar (unless its an inclusivity thing for the hard-of-seeing but really, make that an optional thing.) That said, while i know that navigation WASD clickable buttons are important especially for optimization for future mobile/ tablet play... If/When Gedan rolls out the click-map-to-navigate controls, there's no reason to have the (ridiculously massive) clickable navigation buttons at the bottom of the side bar. even if its a "tutorial" like thing to show people how to navigate in tits, that's covered in the actual tutorial and easily solvable with a tool tip.

[Edit: as pointed out by the following comment, you need the "go upstairs" button for future mobile play ability. Still, I stand by my statement to make the buttons smaller.]

I think the side bar buttons are a poor utilization of space, particularly the navigation buttons, and i think their existence is a draw back that prevents players from seeing stats that genuinely matter during gameplay.

all that said and done: I still LOVE the UI and i support the transition! It looks great, and it offers so many new things- but i think it needs some utilization changes. The interactive busts and the new inventory are all great- but if i cant see my core stats in a game kind of dependent on them, there's an... issue for core gameplay.

OH! and a much less serious (far more minor) gripe: I miss Gats/OldGats busts. they were my favorites :<

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
only real gripe so far (beyond the honestly expected crashes with the public build) is that there's no next button to scroll through menus, so a lot of color options are suddenly locked out of customization...
This got reported as a bug, in the context of Lip Tease. There was talk of making it scroll, but that was beyond lowercase_donkey's expertise. It might have gotten buried, though.
I think the side bar buttons are a poor utilization of space, particularly the navigation buttons, and i think their existence is a draw back that prevents players from seeing stats that genuinely matter during gameplay.
I'm 99% certain a lot of the gripes with the UI stem from an attempt to make it more Mobile-friendly.
You'd need to move the buttons over to the space underneath the main window. The 'go up stairs' button is still necessary, even on PC. You can't go up the stairs to the Tavros Apartment without it. It shares a hotkey with Masturbate and Masturbate has a higher priority, so you can't actually go up stairs with the hotkey.

Reactions: MellowNumel

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
OH! and a much less (far more minor) gripe: I miss Gats/OldGats busts. they were my favorites :<
That's not a minor one for me, as I vastly prefer them when it comes to de-oversexualise busts. :(

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
OH! and a much less (far more minor) gripe: I miss Gats/OldGats busts. they were my favorites :<
The Bust situation is a bit bungled up in the JS Port, as it seems that not 100% of the busts that the flash version had were ported over and/or are being shown, or are avalable to be chosen.

A number of npcs/enemies does have Gats busts. But not all.
Conversely, not every npc/enemy has its most recent bust. For ecample, in my case, Captain Khorgan defaulted to her Gats bust for me, when in reality the game should be showing her Adjatha bust. The Adjatha bust wasn't even available to choose.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Also, it's annoying that you can't see the stats of equipment without pressing "inspect." You can still compare two pieces of equipment in the same slot, of course, due to the screen showing how things would change if you put an equipment piece on, but still, it's inconvenient to have to press inspect to see the stats. It is particularly annoying given that there's a text box just sitting there already, but it's showing you a description of the thing's appearance and lore rather than game-relevant information, even though it would make more sense the game-relevant info would be on display and lore/descriptive stuff to only be shown when hitting the inspect button, because details like that are what you would expect to come from inspecting something.
Worst part about this bit is that there's so much wasted space that could easily be used for it, particularly in a shop. I get that having hover-y tooltips isn't mobile friendly, but even considering that, surely you could have used some of this space to display the stats, without needing a whole new dedicated box/screen?
1643502129025.png
It feels like, space-wise and appearance-wise, there should be no issue with displaying "resolve: 2 sexiness: 1 special flags: swimwear" or something of the sort, since that's basically all that changes when you hit the compare button in the shop.
1643502274855.png
Descriptions can be important, sure, but here you have even more free space than in the inventory, and it's all going to waste while also making the process more inconvenient. And I still think there's more than enough free space in the inventory screen to make the item display box display the full array of information, but if space is somehow at such a premium that that would not be possible, then why not just not have the avatar move from its normal spot to the inventory screen? I understand why it'd move for a closer look with the appearance screen, since you're trying to have a detailed look at your character, but the inventory is about equipment and items.
1643502638587.png
I could understand moving the image to the inventory screen if equipping and unequipping things caused the reactive bust to change appearance, but that, as far as I am aware, would simply be way too much work due to how many items there are and how the reactive bust is mostly just a blob to help understand the general shape of your character. And as it is, the JS port made it so that using transformatives kicks you out of the inventory, so it's not like you can even really watch how you're changing from the inventory either. So why is the picture here? Is it just because some other rpgs put your character's image in the center of the equipment? It doesn't really feel like it fits for this game, nor would it fit for the other games of its kind, particularly given how your equipment has no actual effect on your blob's appearance, to my knowledge.