What are your gripes/criticism of TiTs?

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
And that is why I used the clown car cheat.
I literally stopped playing the game for months when this stupid mechanic was implemented until finding out clown car cheat was a thing just recently. The game is literally unplayable without it.
The implementation of this is extra awful because instead of only checking your crew limit when you try to recruit someone, it checks it every time you try to fly and forces you to kick out girls and read through crying anno.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
The spaceship weight and crew changes caught me in the middle of nowhere with the Casstech Z14.. In order to go somewhere and purchase an extra spaceship to use as a spare to get the Sidewinder, I had to dismiss almost everyone but Anno, as I needed her to buy my Steele's items, up and including unique ones (forcing me to use TiTSEd to collect some back).

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
The spaceship weight and crew changes caught me in the middle of nowhere with the Casstech Z14.. In order to go somewhere and purchase an extra spaceship to use as a spare to get the Sidewinder, I had to dismiss almost everyone but Anno, as I needed her to buy my Steele's items, up and including unique ones (forcing me to use TiTSEd to collect some back).

You didn't wanna clowncar?

Like an idiot, I lost the Casstech buying the Clydesdale on Myrellion and stupidly saved over it. And the ship tab on TiTSEd isn't quite working when it comes to ships.... and the public source code has not been updated in a while. XD

Last edited:

BasedBuckNasty

Nov 5, 2017
I always make sure I am back on Tavros before I do my final save/save to file. Considering most of my characters are years old I was fairly wealthy when the expansion hit. I had the funds to play around with and experiment. Though to be fair, I really didn't resume playing until Focalour was introduced. I flew a Aegis MS for quite awhile. I held off on the Sidewinder for awhile. No telling if it gets a boost that is retroactive or not. It probably would since it is a singular and unique vessel. The Clydesdale however, did not. You had to purchase a new one to get the increased equipment slots.
I really wish I could assign Ben/Bess to the nursery/private quarters like cured Rhea instead of removing them forever. This falls under the many instances I have witnessed in which calls for more storage space was frequently asked for. Why do you want to keep a crew member for which no new content may ever come down the pipeline for? Why did you want to keep ten old laser pistols and a scarf?
Anywho, If i could I would have moved the sale of advanced crew quarters to Vahn on Tavros and a +3 hardlight partitioned version or something to Symphia.

Last edited:

dragontamer8740

Nov 9, 2015
- Why would Sera need an expansion? You can't have infinite growth in a finite system. :/
You could grow her out in different directions. It'd be interesting (although I understand 100% why it won't happen) if there were a way to properly befriend her and break through the dom shell without enslaving her and pumping her full of babies. But yes, this is indeed the inherent problem with games like this; all that would have to be written and that requires both motivation and time.
As for Saendra, whenever Savin finds time. I'm betting 2021 or 2022. Or maybe he's already gotten something up his sleeve.
I remember seeing art with the blog posts of possible future directions well over a year ago. Would be interesting to see those returned to. But yeah I'm not super rushed with that, just another example.
- Penny's stuff was likely kept so because it would suck if you lost access to it, and only got a few new scenes in the bargain. Rather see some threesome options with her...
That wasn't considered a problem in CoC - for instance, if you corrupted Amily you got different scenes than regular Amily would get, for instance. Bimbo jojo wouldn't have the normal jojo scenes, either. And there were things that could actually permanently lock out places; like fucking around with Kelt would get you banned from Whitney's farm. The changed characters were treated almost like completely different entities, and I think they were better off for it because they were instead given unique content instead of just a handful of boilerplate lines thrown on the end of the original text. I wouldn't mind if there were more new scenes written up for them, but the problem is they're still 90% the same as before in the end in TiTS.
Then of course there's the ones like Ember in CoC that showed a ton of promise but just never got completed... That still disappoints me. I can see a few characters heading the same general direction here.
[/quote]
- Shekka repairs your ship after its damaged.
Oh, yeah, the game mechanics are reward enough. /s
Not really what I meant. I meant additional pages of content; I like the character.
- Brandy? Yeah, her author isn't writting for TiTS anymore.
A shame. I'd have mentioned BESS/BEN as well but I knew full well that that writer wasn't coming back.
- That one, I have no idea.
Refering to the lack of source code. Now it's been about three and a half months since the last source code drop (more than the quarter year of two weeks or so ago) and still no changes.
I think they really just don't care about it. I hate to come to that conclusion, but it sure feels that way more and more often now. Used to be the source was automatically pushed on public releases but apparently no one's had the time in the entire past year (actually longer than that, I think) to re-automate a git push.
Basically, you want MOAR and DEEPER stuff. I feel you.
Yes, exactly. Instead of (or in addition to) adding new people/places, I'd like to see the existing ones expanded upon.
Also I would like source code.
Now about TiTs gripes:

I feel like the story is not moving.
I would like to add this to my list of qualms, paradoxically, at the same time as the lack of development of existing characters.

Actually it might not be completely paradoxical; instead of continuing to make side-planets and add new side-characters they could focus on storyline planets and enhancing the old characters for a few months.
Why do you want to keep a crew member for which no new content may ever come down the pipeline for?
Because Bess is one of my favorite things in the game and I still hope for a second coming.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
That wasn't considered a problem in CoC - for instance, if you corrupted Amily you got different scenes than regular Amily would get, for instance. Bimbo jojo wouldn't have the normal jojo scenes, either. And there were things that could actually permanently lock out places; like fucking around with Kelt would get you banned from Whitney's farm. The changed characters were treated almost like completely different entities, and I think they were better off for it because they were instead given unique content instead of just a handful of boilerplate lines thrown on the end of the original text. I wouldn't mind if there were more new scenes written up for them, but the problem is they're still 90% the same as before in the end in TiTS.
Then of course there's the ones like Ember in CoC that showed a ton of promise but just never got completed... That still disappoints me. I can see a few characters heading the same general direction here.
CoC≠TiTS≠CoC2. Even if there are several people who have worked on each of the three, they all have different core design philosophies. For example, it's been stated that, in CoC, you could have TFs forced on your character without warning, or other such "permanent consequences," without being made aware that it will happen. However, in TiTS and CoC2, the creators wanted to move away from that philosophy. There are far fewer permanent consequences that change your character and other characters in TiTS and CoC2 than CoC, on purpose.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Reactions: Paradox01

TheShepard256

I get a tad irked by the first scene with Anno and Erra when Anno brings her on the ship where if you elect to just watch then Anno pouts. She pulled Erra, she's her lay, they might both be totally game for a threesome, but since it's their first time i'd much prefer to just watch them boink for their first time, otherwise i feel like i'm interfering with a nice pull on Anno's part. Just the ability to say something like "you know what, next time, this time i wanna watch * shit-eating Steele grin *" or "no no, she's your pull, show me what you can do * vouyeristic pervert grin *".

Just for the first time, it wouldn't make much sense to do the same every other time and in those cases the pout would make sense cause then Anno wanting to make it a threesome and not getting her way is waaaaaay more in-character. For the first time, she had no idea Erra knew the cap'n so she already had a game-plan, so Steele opting to watch is still tonnes of fun and not pout-worthy.
Think of it this way: Steele comes in and reveals that [pc.heShe] knows Erra. Since Anno now knows that both she and Erra are fucking Steele, she quickly comes to the conclusion that [pc.heShe]'s willing to fuck both of them at the same time, which in her mind is better than one-on-one sex. So, before Steele can decide whether or not to opt out, Anno's plan changes from a twosome to a threesome; hence, her disappointment at not getting a threesome.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
Syri won't creampie steele even if steele is sterile in the new Syri x Erra scene Syri basically creampies erra after just meeting her but will not creampie steele a lover she's known for a long while.
Screenshot_20200627-2114432.jpg
Same result for the Uveto variant I don't normally complain or try not to but this feels like a slap in the face... Idk if the scene can be swapped to Syri creaming Erra's ass which would be super hot but over all pretty big gripe. I know this isn't Savin's fault I just wish Hugs would have done more research or build up to why Syri would creampie a stranger instead of just doing it after Steele introduces them.
Fingers crossed this might get fixed...

TiTSFan

Jan 25, 2019
I think at this point if someone simply looks at Meadow with desire in their eyes she'll get pregnant.

Reactions: mrttao and Malidica

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
At this stage, Meadow Steele is just one drug cocktail away from developing parthenogenesis.

Soon the galaxy will be awash with Meadow's Starspawn. Like a tide, they shall sweep across every known world in an orgy of fuckin'.

We are doomed.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Hugs stopped writing for TiTS for awhile...

And then he wrote up Syri banging Erra and working on Huskar Erra. On the Discord he's said he likely won't do Erra Quest, but is unsure if the author he picked will be able to write it. :negativeman:

He's still working away on CoC 2, but I have no idea about his future plans for TiTS.

Tubten

Jan 10, 2019
i'm not a fan of how "unused upgrade slots" and "current crew capacity" are one and the same. that buying a shield upgrade or some heavy armor means one less available crewmember. Maybe it's psychological, i see "Unused slots" and i think "Oh! i need to use those!" but then it takes away all my crewmembers, which feels a bit like a kick in the face. "Unused weapon hardpoints" also to some degree, there is some limit to how many you can have.

Beyond that, only gripes i'd have that don't involve unfinished content would just be all the dickgirls. i know they're popular for some reason, just not for me. And you tend to notice things you don't like more then things you do, so while it feels like there are more dickgirls then non, that's probably not the case.

having the option to remove cocks from more NPC's would be nice. Doubt some like Kiro would ever go for it, but i could see removing Amber's or Azra's being possible.

All in all it's just personal preference, nothing huge, still a fun game regardless.

criticAlls

May 4, 2018
i'm not a fan of how "unused upgrade slots" and "current crew capacity" are one and the same. that buying a shield upgrade or some heavy armor means one less available crewmember. Maybe it's psychological, i see "Unused slots" and i think "Oh! i need to use those!" but then it takes away all my crewmembers, which feels a bit like a kick in the face. "Unused weapon hardpoints" also to some degree, there is some limit to how many you can have.

Beyond that, only gripes i'd have that don't involve unfinished content would just be all the dickgirls. i know they're popular for some reason, just not for me. And you tend to notice things you don't like more then things you do, so while it feels like there are more dickgirls then non, that's probably not the case.

having the option to remove cocks from more NPC's would be nice. Doubt some like Kiro would ever go for it, but i could see removing Amber's or Azra's being possible.

All in all it's just personal preference, nothing huge, still a fun game regardless.

Yeah, I agree with you on both accounts. Primarily the first bit, though. When he first unveiled the whole system I know I wasn't the only one that was annoyed by the fact that you had to choose between upgrades and crew members in a game all about dragging along your fuck buddies across the galaxy, and the fact that his "solution" was just to implement a cheat really isn't much of a solution, at least to me.

Speaking of upgrades I believe I even made a post or two about the hard points taking up slots making zero sense because hard points are already freaking built in, they're specialized areas that the designer of the ship already accounted for and, by design, they wouldn't be utilized for literally anything else. This means that, in terms of what the hard points are for, they wouldn't take up "empty slots". At least that's how they used to work, iirc, don't know if they still work that way but based on your comment it seems like they do.

I don't know because I haven't played the game in a coon's age because a while ago I got tired of the story trickle-feed and frequent copious excuses as to why story-related work wasn't done or wasn't getting done and decided it best to just stop playing and keeping up with the game as there's no sense in getting worked up over it and that's one topic that's been brought up and beaten to death so many times that the necromancer bringing it back up just raises slime at this point.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019

I don't agree on the herms front, though that may just be because I like everyone and everything, but I do definitely agree on the upgrades and crew capacity. I straight up won't get any upgrades, because, 1: they're not at all needed in pretty much any battle except maybe the regenerative ones, and 2: I don't want to have to kick a crew member out.

Reactions: Muffin_Softpaws

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Beyond that, only gripes i'd have that don't involve unfinished content would just be all the dickgirls. i know they're popular for some reason, just not for me. And you tend to notice things you don't like more then things you do, so while it feels like there are more dickgirls then non, that's probably not the case. Having the option to remove cocks from more NPC's would be nice. Doubt some like Kiro would ever go for it, but i could see removing Amber's or Azra's being possible.

I also agree with the dickgirls and herms aspect of things. Too much of one thing without the options to do so, don't know why it's always THAT particular fetish that stands out more than the guys with cunts or gay men. Don't misunderstand me, I love hermaphrodites and like the idea of both for more options during sex. But the thing about having the "De-Dicking" option place on certain characters will always go back to the authors outright REFUSING to allow it for many reasons.

SoAndSo and some people in an idea thread express the desire for these characters to remain as they are because of their genitals being a part of who they are and not "she have a dick, let that be the only thing about them" when really the whole character revolves around why they did it in the first place or why they are the way they are. I don't think writers did it for their characters to do the whole dickgirl / herm / futa thing out of spite or powerplay to emasculate players by being forced to accept an in-game universe. It's exploring what society would look like if sex was a large part of an alternative universe and this is how it would look like thousands of years later and they serve a purpose in driving a narrative that reflects that while at the same time fulfill a deep insatiable need that a lot of people can get behind that normal people would consider: off ... to put it lightly.

I would love more pussy only NPCs and more men in the game that aren't classified as feminine herms and transgendered (i'm not against it) because the universe is vast and a lot of it I've yet to explore with things being so new and improved. There's probably more Persistent Characters that i haven't found that suit that niche but the game hasn't caught up with the vast and mass amounts of content already sitting in the Event Submissions waiting to be implemented. So maybe one day we'll have some writers think about the idea of adding that option to feminize the characters that aren't too attached to their genitals as someone else is.

But i'm saying don't get your hopes up too much if that won't come true in any case because there's much that is already in the works that it takes time to get it out fast enough while still being enjoyable by everyone. One day, we might see those radical change we may not. We won't know until more of the game is developed and Event Submissions are slowly chiseled away to open up more content for writers to add to it that fulfill that aching need for more choices.

I'm hungry for more ass, that sweet sweet buff draconian ass :p

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Here's a new one: The Gabilani Chemist's attack that induces Rut (for 20 days!) also increases Taint.

Want to help the Sydian C-Boy get his dick back? You automatically fuck him, too. Absolutely no warning, either.

Last edited:

Rare Pleasure

Jan 16, 2016
Currently my biggest complaint, which admitedly is very minor, is that some specific buttons are too small to constantly press when on mobile. Most notibly the scrollbar and the change bust button. Some form of 'bigger interface' option would be very much apreciated.

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Why doesn't the PC take a shower after having sex with Mirrin? This has always annoyed me. Even when they decide to watch a movie after sex, they just throw on some robes while covered in a dozen gallons of cum.

I'll see if I can write a rough draft for it when I'm doing her expansion and pass it along to her author. I always wanted something for them to do in the showers, but I'll see what can be done about it. It might work for Tavros but New Texas will be iffy because of the whole "privacy" thing. Which is why I'll ask.

AshZE

Jul 18, 2020
Been enjoying the game for the while I've been playing it. The only gripe I'd say I have thus far is the fact Starchild is only an extrameet date. Lemme have more fun with the gas girl :negativeman:

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora