TiTS Save/Autosave Location

JaronKitsune

Sep 10, 2019
Texas
www.furaffinity.net
So, surprise surprise, I did a bit of work here. But first a bit of backstory.
I only get to play in a sporadic fashion. Large chucks of playing between large chunks of not. In those 'not' chunks, a lot of updates tend to be released. So, when I can play again I usually 'archive' the old version alongside it's saves in case I want to come back to it for whatever reason. That's never been a problem, until now... As far as I can remember, this is the first time that I've downloaded a new version of TiTS after tidying away the old version but for reasons unknown my old saves are still showing in the new version. This is not good for me. I'm OCD and I like my organization, not to mention I don't want old and new saves from different versions gettings mixed together or overwritten (primarily with the case of autosaves). So, I set out on a mission to figure out where those saves are so I can 'archive' them until I'm ready to swap things out should I go back to the older version. And that's where I'm stuck.

Now for the meat. I figured out that TiTS wants to save your Save and Autosave saves to -> This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Users > (Whatever your main account is) > AppData > Roaming > tits

Where in this tits folder the saves are however, I have... No idea... It's 2:14am, I'm exhausted and I have a lot of cleaning to do before Thanksgiving later today. If anyone is crazy enough to look into this now of all times, it'd be insanely appreciated. Otherwise, I guess I'll just wait for the weekend to see if there are any bites.

Last edited:
Reactions: Queen_Step

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
You should be able to just use the in-game Save to File to manually export them to a location of your choosing.

JaronKitsune

Sep 10, 2019
Texas
www.furaffinity.net
You should be able to just use the in-game Save to File to manually export them to a location of your choosing.
Sigh I knew I should have put that disclaimer... No. Because it can't be put back into the Save and Autosave categories which completely defeats my desire and intent in organization. I need to actively be able to SWAP them. One set of Saves/Autosaves for another set. I use Save and Save to File for different things.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
You totally can put it back into save and autosave - load the file, save it normally.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Sigh I knew I should have put that disclaimer... No. Because it can't be put back into the Save and Autosave categories which completely defeats my desire and intent in organization. I need to actively be able to SWAP them. One set of Saves/Autosaves for another set. I use Save and Save to File for different things.
It actually can. Load file, save in desired save slot. Order restored.

JaronKitsune

Sep 10, 2019
Texas
www.furaffinity.net
You totally can put it back into save and autosave - load the file, save it normally.

It actually can. Load file, save in desired save slot. Order restored.
PRETTY sure you can't manually save Autosaves, so... No... Not to mention, if it did work that way, that's WAY too much work when you've got 20 different saves you'd have to load and re-save individually every time you want to swap versions. Expecting a user to do that rather than just copy/move them all at once in FE is ridiculous. So please, you and future repliers, stop stubbornly skirting around the intent of my post. I'm not looking for a workaround, so stop suggesting them.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
You're asking people to do a ton of extra work to fix something that already works for your hyper-specific functionality and then getting mad and snarky about people telling you how you can already get nearly the same functionality.

Reactions: Animefan666

JaronKitsune

Sep 10, 2019
Texas
www.furaffinity.net
You're asking people to do a ton of extra work to fix something that already works for your hyper-specific functionality and then getting mad and snarky about people telling you how you can already get nearly the same functionality.
I've already narrowed it down with a fair bit (hours) of my own research and work. I don't feel like asking people to help narrow it down from there is asking too much.

And maybe the reason I want this info is very specific, but I guarantee you the information, if found, will help many more people besides myself. This isn't just about me.

I get mad and snarky when people ignore the spirit of the request and try to give an ultimately unhelpful answer that's the same as one could find with a quick search for similar issues, which I find disrespectful. This type of reply just seems to satisfy a desire to be 'helpful' without actually being helpful, I.E. minimal effort.

I only expect of others what I would expect of myself. I do my best, when trying to help others, to make sure that the information I'm offering is either not already easily accessible or offers some additional insight that hasn't already been provided by someone else elsewhere. If I can't do that, I move along or ask for further clarification of the topic matter to make a better attempt as assistance.

I'm upset because I see this all the time on not just my own questions, regardless of the topic or where I ask on the internet, but also on posts made by other people who are obviously disappointed with the answers they received. Just because I won't let people get away with that doesn't make me the bad guy.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
If you're gonna be an ass because you're too lazy to do the work, then don't bother asking. Don't sit there and blame me for your OCD.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
Okay, well, I'll go ahead and give you a tip then: No one is going to create this functionality for you. I was trying to help you figure out ways around it, as were other people, but if the only response that you wanted was someone swooping in to do your hyperspecific thing, then I will assure you, that will not happen and do not bother waiting for it.

Reactions: Animefan666

JaronKitsune

Sep 10, 2019
Texas
www.furaffinity.net
If you're gonna be an ass because you're too lazy to do the work, then don't bother asking. Don't sit there and blame me for your OCD.
I already said in my last post that I already DID put in work, several hours worth of searching google for information, searching my drives for keywords and file types, and moving around files to see what happens with and without them. Don't go accusing me of laziness when you're the one that's too proud to admit that you don't want to put in the effort to help, using my frustration with this type of attitude as an excuse to claim I'm in the wrong.

JaronKitsune

Sep 10, 2019
Texas
www.furaffinity.net
Okay, well, I'll go ahead and give you a tip then: No one is going to create this functionality for you. I was trying to help you figure out ways around it, as were other people, but if the only response that you wanted was someone swooping in to do your hyperspecific thing, then I will assure you, that will not happen and do not bother waiting for it.
You don't seem to be on the same page. I'm not asking anyone to create anything. All I want, for me and anyone else who could use the information, is exactly which files are/house the save data. Considering I've already significantly narrowed things down with my own effort, asking the community to help take on the home stretch isn't asking for much. Refusing to help, solely because of my case scenario and me calling out 'lazy help', is selfish and narrow minded. Refusing to help doesn't just 'hurt' me, it hurts the community and any efforts they could put forth with the information I'm pushing for.