Thinking of coming back. Would people like to play?

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
So, I took a break from RPing because of burnout, as well as other reasons, but was recently hit by the urge to play again. So, I'm wondering if anybody here would be interested in a short-ish forum RP? The premise is as follows...

The year is 1944, the closing years of the second world war. As D-day approaches, a more subtle, but possibly far more important operation is about to take place. Strange transmissions have been detected coming from the most remote place on earth... Antarctica. While most of the messages are indecipherable, one matches the enigma coding of the Nazi regime, and simply reads: S.O.S. And so, a group of allied explorers, scientists, and soldiers are tasked with penetrating deep into the antarctic, discovering the source of these transmissions, and stopping whatever plot might have been underway.

Well, that's the basic synopsis. The story that takes place will be a bit of a scifi mashup. Think Hellboy meets Mysterious Island. The RP will be either entirely text based, or a very, very rudimentary dice system, depending on what potential players seem interested in. I'm looking for between three and six players, and will do my best to post at least once every couple of days.

If this seems interesting to you, go ahead and post a character idea, as well as any question or concerns you might have, and any kinks you would like to see/avoid; barring gore and scat, just about anything will be possible in this story.

Hope to hear back from some of you.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Not gonna lie, it kind of is. The RP forum has mostly gone dark except for a few people here and there.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Well, I guess this will be a bit of a last hurrah, if anybody signs up.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Name: Doctor Izz (self-named)

Appearance:

Dr. Izz stands at 5 foot 6 inches tall and weighs 130 lb.

They have a German accent and have a hard to place voice.

In terms of clothing, they tend to prefer making their own.

Personality: An eccentric scientist type, Dr. Izz is an exuberant (if self-centered) figure who loves to talk about their work at every opportunity they can get. They are generally polite, although can get snarky with people they disrespect or don’t like. They also are prone to picking at their bandages and are easily set off by people touching them unexpectedly. This makes them not particularly social.

Skills: Surgery, medicine, tailor

Background: Dr. Izz is a former researcher from the Brandenburg Institute who escaped from Nazis and fled to Britain, where they have become a surgeon.

Last edited:

Scarves

Sep 27, 2016
Id be down to play, just want to clear up. By "Explorers....you mean a guide? or?"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Id be down to play, just want to clear up. By "Explorers....you mean a guide? or?"

Explorers: scientists, outdoorsmen, soldiers, the kind of people who can go into an unknown location, make it known, and then do something about it. Man or woman is fine, we have one scientist already, and this will probably be a pure text based game, so don't worry about stats or anything, just cook up a character, and I'll make them work.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Explorers: scientists, outdoorsmen, soldiers, the kind of people who can go into an unknown location, make it known, and then do something about it. Man or woman is fine, we have one scientist already, and this will probably be a pure text based game, so don't worry about stats or anything, just cook up a character, and I'll make them work.
Hey, Sorry if I was moving too fast by posting that character, unless they were the scientist you were referring to.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
whats the difference in outdoors men and soldier

Outdoors men are trained in getting by in the wild for extended periods of time; soldiers are trained to fight and kill. People who are trained in both are often referred to as rangers, commandos, or simply badasses.

MrPhantom300

Jul 3, 2019
What's sorta the overall theme of this RP? Like my first impression of it is like a horror game and that kinda has me a bit worried

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
What's sorta the overall theme of this RP? Like my first impression of it is like a horror game and that kinda has me a bit worried

It's more classic adventure, and exploration. Think Mysterious Island, or The Lost World.

ashen_one

Jan 20, 2020
I'd be interested in playing a human female to be a part of the exploration effort. What sort of jobs are needed? I'm either thinking some sort of navigator, or a researcher of some type.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
I'd be interested in playing a human female to be a part of the exploration effort. What sort of jobs are needed? I'm either thinking some sort of navigator, or a researcher of some type.

So far we have a medic... that's it. A lot of people are expressing interest in the game, but so far none seem to want to post character ideas, so I'm not sure if this is even going to get off the ground yet, but by all means post whatever you'd like to play.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
So far we have a medic... that's it. A lot of people are expressing interest in the game, but so far none seem to want to post character ideas, so I'm not sure if this is even going to get off the ground yet, but by all means post whatever you'd like to play.
i would like to play as an Italian outdoors men

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
appearance: light brown skin messy hair color black height 5'12 well tone body and average face with a laid back personality