"The New Forums Are Shit" Mk 2

K

Krynh

what happened to the post counts? Seems like everyone lost about 70 or so.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I still don't get it.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Back to dem rails.

The activity report on the pop-up is borked: it displays as 1 hour - the actual time.
The one on actual profile pages works fine.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well naturaly when some thread is removed all posts and likes from those can vanish.
@Krynh Also it shows Misty thread was popular place to talk :D

On forum...well maybe I just not getting it but notification of like new post made in meantime or smth like that are wierd. Sometimes I see that notifications and sometimes not. Does it have something with forum just checking at the moment I start to type new post checking?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Also, alerts no longer have an audio cue, and aren't tied into the Google notification system like they were before. Add that to the fact that they're also hit-and-miss in terms of actually updating on their own, and I'm forced to constantly refresh the page to see any activity whatsoever.

I actually find this considerably more comfortable, as someone who sometimes has people walk in unannounced and would rather not have a Google alert about "New posts in "What cumrag would you bang???"." pop up in the middle of discussion because of a quickly-minimized tab.

Bab

Dec 13, 2016
USA
Can anyone tell me where to look for RP on these forums? Or do you just post in the RP section and hope?

I'm not just here for that, I swear..

Also, suggestion - ruleset for RP-related things and a subforum for looking for RP. This is really confusing.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Can anyone tell me where to look for RP on these forums? Or do you just post in the RP section and hope?

I'm not just here for that, I swear..

Also, suggestion - ruleset for RP-related things and a subforum for looking for RP. This is really confusing.
The RP subforum is located under the "Helldump" section of the forum, here

Charlie

Feb 15, 2016
Auraxis, Amerish
I noticed in the rules there was a "no shitposting" rulerino. But if the thread's called Unironic Shitposting is it still against the law? I'd assume not, I just want some dank "maymays". My addiction to memes is like my addiction to coffee, if you will.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Charlie Heh where have you been when Meme Wars was in it best period then? xD

Also yeah we got rules but some bend it long ago to their whims (not talking about devs that can do it at any time).

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah no I don't want people deleting polls.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Oxford American Dictionary said:
ORIGIN
late Middle English (also in the sense ‘grotesque figure’): from Old French marmouset ‘grotesque image,’ of unknown ultimate origin.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Looks like there are still issues with signatures. They're currently set to be collapsed by default, but there's no option to expand them on the forums. They only way to make them visible is to disable that option.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I don't remember disabling or enabling anything and they're expanded by default with no option to collapse them.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
My signatures were collapsed by default from the beginning, with an option to expand by clicking it.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
This is what I see on my end with collapsed signatures either enabled or disabled, with no apparent way to open them in the collapsed state without disabling the option:

xluVANt.png

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Something very strange seems to be happening for me with signatures. Mine is missing the expand button, but others are not. I can't seem to figure out what the cause for this is.

EDIT: Strangely, it seems that the signature must be enclosed in some sort of tag to appear. I've now managed to get it working.

adev

Apr 27, 2017
The forum butchers long urls posted in normal text as it is converted to clickable links

eg
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OXOIndustries/TiTS-Public/a46648516cae99e8509c524839c78db72a2f3d71/assets/images/npcs/cheshire/Syri.png

is auto converted to

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/O...2a2f3d71/assets/images/npcs/cheshire/Syri.png

note that both link text and target url is changed which frankly sucks ...

Edit: Of course now I can't replicate the issue - but it happened to my custom bust faq post and i have seen other posts suffering from this before

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
Not sure where to put this, but am I the only one getting certificate issues? Can't access the main blog thingy, and I had to add an exception for the forums. Is this only on my end?

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
yup privacy errors on google with fucked up certificates, both the blog and the forums are tagged as not secure, but in the case of blog i can't access it at all

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
...is there some way to ignore a thread or sub forum?
At the far right of every category header bar, there's a "-" sign. Click it and the category disappears and the "-" changes to a "+". Even after you've closed the forum's tab and reload the forum in a new tab, the category stays hidden.

As for threads, once you reply to one, you are officially "Watching" it. At the top right of every thread (same line as the page listing) are the words, "Unwatch Thread".