"The New Forums Are Shit" Mk 2

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Okay, let's do this shit alll over again.

Gonna probably aim toward this for the apperance (I actually think thats the skin that Darknest is using these days too...) as the basis to save myself time.

Need to sort mail out.

I haven't looked through a lot of the old posts, but I assume some things will have gone a bit sideways. Multiple-question polls for one, and I assume the Q&A style forum will have bombed itself.

Good news tho; the post editor is a lot less shit, also there's a preview button.

Reactions: Tune and Ormael

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
We at least are able to delete posts we don't like now, so that's at least good.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
So do we still have some way to mark selected subforum marked as read just like was it before? Generaly new forum looks... different so it would req. some time to get used to this. Let hope it will be truly step in the right direction made by Gedan ^^

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
So do we still have some way to mark selected subforum marked as read just like was it before? Generaly new forum looks... different so it would req. some time to get used to this. Let hope it will be truly step in the right direction made by Gedan ^^

There's a small blue dot next to each thread which one hasn't read. It disappears if all posts have been read, and reappears for new posts.

And it looks like the creators, administrators, etc, need to regain their profile colours again (e.g. red for administrators).

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well the custom ranks for everyone was moved without trouble at least. Still need to see what would be effect of adding Like option ^^

@Gedan probably will make some unhappy or happy but I got to ask out of curiousity: would getting warning points works as before with them been perm?

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Custom group styling is better supported, I just have to set it up rather than it being a total hackjob.

Warning points maybe got brought over, idk. I'm more concerned with having a bunch of other shit that doesn't piss me off tho.

Case in point: I can let everybody have signatures now, because theres an option to force signatures to be collapsed by default!!!!

Reactions: Krynh and Ormael

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Also the style editor isn't a total crock of shit holy fuck.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ok another derpy question ^^
I notice button "mark forums read" so does it mean it will mark as read whole forum or jsut specific subforums? I not wanna yet mark whole forum by accident since before I get used to new style I would be forced to check many threads last reply date to find threads I yet want to read -_-'

PS. Nice work on making our forum prittier Gedan :catte:

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I think it works based on your current view of the forum. Maybe.

:yes:

Reactions: Wsan

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Hm...
The good: BBCode!
The bad: No way to config timestamps on posts.
The ugly: Orange on gray? My eyes are gonna bleed...

Mightykitten

Oct 12, 2015
Xenforo is good and well every forum has it cons (but thank you for keeping the data!)

Hm...
The good: BBCode!
The bad: No way to config timestamps on posts.
The ugly: Orange on gray? My eyes are gonna bleed...

You can use the default theme (WHITE WHITE TOO WHITE, WAIT TOO BRIGHT)

500a012ca1bb82f7fa16d0c735c19cdb.gif

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Not a huge fan of the color. This will probably take some time getting used to.

The like system is also pretty dangerous. Now I will actually realize when my jokes are bad...

And I miss the old ranks :(

Last edited:

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Praise the code dragon! I can finally delete quote boxes on mobile! Heh that alone makes this change a vast improvement to me.

Reactions: Archangel99

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
The like system is also pretty dangerous. Now I will actually realize when my jokes are bad...
To be fair, there's no "Dislike" button, so that's a plus, isn't it?

However, on the flip side, some of these emoticon conversions look worse, in my opinion.

Except this one: :toot:. I don't think this one even existed on the old forum.

Now I just need that suicide smiley and my life will be complete for that moment.

Reactions: xalienxgamerx

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Sooo any of you know if tagging system working in some form still? So far I think old way with using @ seems to not be working or I doing something wrong now :/

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Don't work yourself to death, and remember to get some sleep!!!
All work and no play-
Sorry, that is too old of a reference... T .T

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I am having problems with "Your Content". For some reason, the search ignores everything I posted except the messages I have typed on this new forum incarnation so far. Hell, all the contents are somehow those messages now.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Oh gods a new forum layout, the horror! :confused:

I hate change, and this is gonna take some time before I become accustomed to it. The orange on black is a bit off though, doesn't work as well as it would on say a Cerberus cruiser. The new like system and ability to get sigs is interesting, though hopefully it doesn't lead to troubles later on. At least the old-new forum setup lasted a year and then some.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
nd mark forum read
geddy pls

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Oh god, okay, I finally found it. It was on the top left and I kept looking anywhere but. It's a bit inconsistent though.

In other news I have a 4K screen and this auto width is killing me.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Yeah. Even Floozer was complaining about the lack of the bling notification sound. I never had it since I use a phone, but I could understand the feeling.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Indeed mark as read is weird. One need to get in specific subforum to mark it as read instead of doing it from outside this subforum. Well few more days wil be Geddy doing her best to not crash whole forum and yet trying to please vocal and complaining part of forum...or ignoring this part complains :D

Welp still feel odd without way to tag people in posts (quoting or replying will either way forum make whole post put inot quote marks -_-').