"The New Forums Are Shit" Mk 2

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
The new search function is very bad atm.
I tried to search up simple words like mouth f. ex. No results.
Searched up Uveto. Only got the thread. I did not have the "titles only" box checked btw.
For the heck of it I searched up ping. Only got an user by that name.
And I only got 13 results by searching tits. This is heresy :p

You get the gist. Bad search function is bad.

Reactions: Timebomber427

Zavos

May 7, 2016
The shade of orange predominant on this version of the forums irks me for some unknown reason.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Oh god, okay, I finally found it. It was on the top left and I kept looking anywhere but. It's a bit inconsistent though.

In other news I have a 4K screen and this auto width is killing me.

The shade of orange predominant on this version of the forums irks me for some unknown reason.

Look down at the bottom of the page; there should be a row of controls on the left.

The two arrows pointing at each other switches between fluid/fixed width.

The next box along lets you jump to different skin sets (although theres only the default at this UI.X skin).

The next two are more interesting though; the AD styler will let you select whatever the hell colours you want for yourself, and the skin has a couple of built in variants ready to go. If you don't like the colours, then you can change them to what you want.

Reactions: IATIHIA2

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Not sure if it's because I'm using a TV instead of a monitor, or maybe even my scaling options, but now it's a bit too narrow. What's the max width for fixed?

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I'm only seeing toggle witch and UI chooser, not seeing any color picker.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Only the preset skin switch is displayed for me, for some reason. Right after I refresh a page, I can see a glimpse of the other two, but then they just vanish.

Last edited:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I just realized that with the new forums, we can all weild the power of colorful text!

K

Krynh

I just realized that with the new forums, we can all weild the power of colorful text!

Only because that option hasn't been removed yet. "@" tagging does work.
Miss the smugdog smiley though.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Do not fucking abuse it or I'll figure out how to disable it again. This is exactly why I disabled it on IPB in the first place.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Only because that option hasn't been removed yet. "@" tagging does work.
Miss the smugdog smiley though.

I never cared about the old smilies anyway. I do however anticipate this one being used for every promising new game that shows up.:gizz:

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Neat, though as was mentioned, I also miss the default TiTS purple. Will there be any way to increase the post count per page to more than 20? 50 would be nice.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I never cared about the old smilies anyway. I do however anticipate this one being used for every promising new game that shows up.:gizz:

That was in the old smilies pile, it made the switch over like some of the other ones did.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Server should be able to send mails again. Maybe. Who the fuck knows, email a shit.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
That was in the old smilies pile, it made the switch over like some of the other ones did.

Whatever I happened to have in the folder of Discord emotes got setup.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Rainbow text should be limited to people with 2k posts or more. c:

EDIT: Any possibility of lowering the flood limit to, say, 5 seconds for more senior members? It's like, what, 30 seconds right now?

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Oh, we're now on this forum system too. I've seen it quite a bit around the web. Best version off the top of my head has been the Paradox forums.

Only problem I've seen so far that hasn't been mentioned on here yet is that it seems that signatures seem to be disabled by default due to being collapsed. There are two options that both seem to disable them, one is to enable them (in options) and the other collapses them (in style options). Both essentially seem to turn them off, though the second one being on by default hides them.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
So, it turned out that the shiny new editing function everyone including me was so happy about doesn't exist for messages in conversations. What's up with that?

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Look down at the bottom of the page; there should be a row of controls on the left.

The next box along lets you jump to different skin sets (although theres only the default at this UI.X skin).

The next two are more interesting though; the AD styler will let you select whatever the hell colours you want for yourself, and the skin has a couple of built in variants ready to go. If you don't like the colours, then you can change them to what you want.

I can´t find the AD styler...

Tune

Oct 17, 2016
Looks like this is the standard forum style nowadays.
Can't say I dislike it though.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Oh my Zevos know what the double rainbow is ^^

So someone can tell how tagging people work now? Still not a clue and I think seen some people doing it already.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Oh, we're now on this forum system too. I've seen it quite a bit around the web. Best version off the top of my head has been the Paradox forums.

Yep you're right it is the same forum system as the Paradox ones, the emote smilies are the same too! Though the like system reminds me more of the one from the AlternateHistory forums, since the Paradox one has 3 different ratings to give a post (Like, Dislike, and Helpful)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
That Like option makes me feel that forum is slowly integrating with WWFB ^^

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Krynh ok weird now it works but before it didn't. Meh seems it is as before with sometimes not working and sometimes working. Still since forum reformatting it didn;t worked each tme I tried till now ^^ Maybe you unjinxed me :p

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
I can´t find the AD styler...

Me neither. Krynh is probably right, but why did Gedan advocate it to us simple forum folks? Also I do not like the new "titles" (I dunno what else to call em) for post count because mine just reminds me that I am well known for being a stupid jerk. And why are all the smileys so shiny? I don't like that either.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Me neither. Krynh is probably right, but why did Gedan advocate it to us simple forum folks? Also I do not like the new "titles" (I dunno what else to call em) for post count because mine just reminds me that I am well known for being a stupid jerk. And why are all the smileys so shiny? I don't like that either.
I can learn to live with the smileys I guess. But I hope this forum type can be set up with custom "titles". By that I mean the moderators can create basic, when you´ve reached so and so post count get this title. Well known member doesn´t necessarily equal a high post count :p