Tavros Content Discussion (General)

K

Krynh

Possibly power beamed via microwave transmission from a Dyson sphere.  In general energy is a non-object in the style of sci-fi that TiTS is built in.

You wouldn't generally have a space station if you've already built a dyson sphere. Dyson swarm maybe.

Nuclear reactions or antimater using tech was meantioned in general thru the game. So it would/should be some highly efficient reactors of this type for smaller scale objects. For larger ones like large ships or stations... well that wasn't not much touched so devs can still come with some wacky weird tech for producing energy for those objects.

Anti-matter or fusion should be more than enough to power a space station. Seeing as the bigger reactor you get the more efficent you can be. 

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
To a point, yes. My understanding of fusion is that its "unlimited" nature is more in reference to its duration and sustainability as opposed to raw output. Like, one IRL fusion reactor wouldn't be able to power the whole planet, but it would be able to power a portion of human society for a great deal of time. 

So, in that sense, I think Tavros would still have an upper limit to what its power grid could support. I dunno about antimatter. I'd imagine output boundaries apply to that, too.

But I could be totally wrong! :D  

Oh, the possibilities I already see...

Surely a mini-sized, portable fusion generator would be possible, yes?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I seen in some submissions meantioning of mini-sized fusion reactors used to power up equipment so nothing is impossible at least when we talk about fusion reactors to power up just a station. As for antimatter it does give most energy out of same mass so it may be unlimited surce as long we can keep adding new portions of antimatter. So in case of antimatter reactor powering Tavros it would be as pointed out matter how high limit for power grind in it to deal with trasmiting all this energy around station.

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
I seen in some submissions meantioning of mini-sized fusion reactors used to power up equipment so nothing is impossible at least when we talk about fusion reactors to power up just a station. As for antimatter it does give most energy out of same mass so it may be unlimited surce as long we can keep adding new portions of antimatter. So in case of antimatter reactor powering Tavros it would be as pointed out matter how high limit for power grind in it to deal with trasmiting all this energy around station.

Mm, the applications...  :smugdog:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Tarvos is powered by a small army of Bruchandus with electric psionics.  They have no-pants Fridays. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Tavros is powered by hundreds of galotians rubbing each other ^^

Heh it's sad PC can't visit reactor floor on Tavros. I bet it would be so mindblowing visit ^^

K

Krynh

Just to be clear, anti-matter and fusion would be unlimited energy, right?

You need energy to make anti-matter in the first place (it hasn't been naturally occuring since the start of the universe). But stick a supercollider near a star with lots of solar panels and you're all good. The problem then is storing it, but then once you use it. You get a lot more energy cheaper than fusion.  

Niteshade

Jul 4, 2016
Um...may I request some spaces in the residential area to use in my project?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Um...may I request some spaces in the residential area to use in my project?
Spaces are added to a zone as required. Write the project first, including any new room descriptions necessary. It will be worked into the space afterward.

Reactions: Niteshade

Niteshade

Jul 4, 2016
Spaces are added to a zone as required. Write the project first, including any new room descriptions necessary. It will be worked into the space afterward.
Kay, thanks

Karackas

Feb 5, 2017
This has probably been done to death, but the Saendra stuff feels like a dead end. Any plans to wrap that up, fix The Phoenix?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
This has probably been done to death, but the Saendra stuff feels like a dead end. Any plans to wrap that up, fix The Phoenix?
It feels like a dead end because it is one. There is one more quest in the works that will wrap up Saendra's content, and there will be multiple possible endings, not all only one of them good.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Women can't get nowhere dese days without havin' a dick.

Reactions: Brock

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well only women from certain sources need dick to be succesful in TiTSverse. Other struggling without one to various degree. But suprising when we cast way all ladies with dicks there is... suprising still many npc's left :p

Reactions: Dreamer Rose

Dreamer Rose

Nov 3, 2016
So I went to Sentient Acquisitions for the first time last night, and the dialogue led me to have a question. Will they have any involvement in the Plantation Quest on Mhen'ga? Because they mentioned that one of the ways they get new acquisitions is by taking natives from new worlds that don't have any UGC protection/rights laws yet.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
So I went to Sentient Acquisitions for the first time last night, and the dialogue led me to have a question. Will they have any involvement in the Plantation Quest on Mhen'ga? Because they mentioned that one of the ways they get new acquisitions is by taking natives from new worlds that don't have any UGC protection/rights laws yet.

While not directly related to Plantation Quest, they are semi-related to Mhen'ga since there were plans for more of the space moths to show up their capturing natives as a random event. Which you could ignore or interupt if you wanted to. Though I'm not sure what happened to that event, guess it got lost in the cracks.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
SA are brokers *supposedly* operating fully within the boundaries of U.G.C. laws. So it's unlikely that they are ever directly involved any abductions. However, @Nonesuch has a document for a project that is basically PC bumping into a tarratch 'recruitment team' on Mhen'ga. I see no obvious roadblocks for it to eventually making it into the game.

As for the Plantation quest, Prof. Darnock really pushes the narrative of megacorp's protection being the only reliable way for Mhen'ga to quickly become safe from slavers. And tbf, the 'angry natives win' scenario will most likely result in a major setback to the planet's sapient species acquiring full UGC protection. However, Darnock is full of shit, so there obv. is a better way to deal with the situation than going with his plans. Don't want to spoil too much tho.

Dreamer Rose

Nov 3, 2016
Is there an easier way of getting the Sm. Blue Eggs than either Assisting Shelly or taking Ovilium and praying to the RNG gods? It takes forever to get the amount I want, and while I don't mind getting regular small eggs as they restore health, I would like to avoid getting so many of the others. Not that I think they're bad or anything, I just prioritize the blue ones more.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Is there an easier way of getting the Sm. Blue Eggs than either Assisting Shelly or taking Ovilium and praying to the RNG gods? It takes forever to get the amount I want, and while I don't mind getting regular small eggs as they restore health, I would like to avoid getting so many of the others. Not that I think they're bad or anything, I just prioritize the blue ones more.
If you want to stay within the bounds of the game, no, there is no way to get specific eggs faster. If you really want those eggs you can use the save editor to get them, or just edit the relevant stat directly. https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/titsed-a-save-editor.2809/

betatester

Jul 17, 2017
Though about a plan vs Riya (feel free to use). The place depends where Riya actually is located
1) find a genetic sample, recruit a human or do it yourself if you can to sleep with her.
2) since terran treat is a Steele Inc product, Uveto Researcher can develop, with enough money, a new version not working on Riya. Optional: A new Terran Treat that can be used on a specific body part, could be handy.
3) convince the local bartender to add transformative item in Riya food. You give transformatives to the bartender and the stock is used at the rate of one each day
4) when Human score is low enough Riya is transformed in an alien (and evenually depending on what you're using can lose her dick in the process)
5) Riya is confronted to racists acts against her, Steele can help her.
6) Eventually, she becomes a better person
7) Optional: Steele can convince Riya that as an important person in Steele tech he can solve her problem and remove Riya inhibitor from the formula. She regains her appearance.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Though about a plan vs Riya (feel free to use). The place depends where Riya actually is located
1) find a genetic sample, recruit a human or do it yourself if you can to sleep with her.
2) since terran treat is a Steele Inc product, Uveto Researcher can develop, with enough money, a new version not working on Riya. Optional: A new Terran Treat that can be used on a specific body part, could be handy.
3) convince the local bartender to add transformative item in Riya food. You give transformatives to the bartender and the stock is used at the rate of one each day
4) when Human score is low enough Riya is transformed in an alien (and evenually depending on what you're using can lose her dick in the process)
5) Riya is confronted to racists acts against her, Steele can help her.
6) Eventually, she becomes a better person
7) Optional: Steele can convince Riya that as an important person in Steele tech he can solve her problem and remove Riya inhibitor from the formula. She regains her appearance.
That a lot of effort and energy invested for getting back at what essencially ammounts to a mall cop at first glance. Also Riya isn't really an racist, just rl shitposting asshole.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
I had no idea were to ask this question? So here it is will Celise get any actual talk scenes? She seems like a girl with a ton of lore on Victor.
The only way I thought this could happen is if she got a Goo core from Roz if you steal it and give it to Celsie and give her a big boost in smarts. Sorry if this has already been asked and I did not look hard enough.