Tavros Content Discussion (General)

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
While not a planet per se, I do agree that Tavros Station serves the same purpose as one, with the additional benefit of being a home base and hubworld.

Hence, this topic.

Please discuss general content about Tavros Station here.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
No replies in this thread yet... blasphemy ^^

So since we would soon(hopefully) get some expansion for ships would it give huge expansion to dock floor or it wuld be still kept a tiny 2 rooms one? Well any tiny spoilers if it possible on this would be welcomed (looking at those devs that know something on this matter).

Nov 1, 2016
Can't wait for new ship's. But I imagine that there will not be another room added to the hanger deck unless we get more npcs with ship's based there. I mean you can't even board Kiro's ship.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
One thing I wonder about Tanros is how many floors or locations are there? There are 5 we can go to (although 1 is mission exclusive) so I would think there's a lot we haven't seen yet.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
One thing I wonder about Tanros is how many floors or locations are there? There are 5 we can go to (although 1 is mission exclusive) so I would think there's a lot we haven't seen yet.

During the second SaendraQuest you visit the under construction Deck 92(!), so even if they are numbered including all the maintenance levels, that's still a lot of unused space.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
During the second SaendraQuest you visit the under construction Deck 92(!), so even if they are numbered including all the maintenance levels, that's still a lot of unused space.

From what I understand of the SaendraQuest description (it being a rich people shopping level), and from how I understand hotels work (the rich get the top), then I'd guess that the station has about 100ish decks. Which means its goddamn massive, even DeepSpace9 wasn't that big! (It had a confirmed 41 levels, less than half of Tavros!)

Zavos

May 7, 2016
<-- Still waiting vary patiently for Fantasia Foundry.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
<-- Still waiting vary patiently for Fantasia Foundry.

You'll be waiting a while, now that we have a roadmap I took it out of the ready pile until I'm done with the remaining upgrade events.

They will get done eventually, but at the moment my priority is the Reaha expansion.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
You'll be waiting a while, now that we have a roadmap I took it out of the ready pile until I'm done with the remaining upgrade events.

They will get done eventually, but at the moment my priority is the Reaha expansion.

Dang so FF will be postponed for later.

En...you writing something for one of Savin npc o_O For sure it will edns up as S+ grade content. Mind to tell if it was somewhere else meantioned by you/if not if you could meantion it here/is it still mega secret?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015

We got a roadmap?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Space map then.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Hue Hue nice one Zevos. It should be definately be made into item sold on Tavros...like: always take soap with you and so on ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Maybe we could just have it be a list of tips.  Some more ill advised then others. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
We got this joke book on tarkus. So this one could be made as such type of item buyable somewhere on Tavros. With including some more or less serious tips as I think tip: never try fuck recently meet new race of aliens, would be...umm hilarious given how often that happen to PC/other rushers.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
We got this joke book on tarkus. So this one could be made as such type of item buyable somewhere on Tavros. With including some more or less serious tips as I think tip: never try fuck recently meet new race of aliens, would be...umm hilarious given how often that happen to PC/other rushers.

"Don't eat food you find off the ground on alien worlds" would be funny since the only food you do find on the floor is the mhengan mango, which is perfectly safe.

Reactions: TripleKings

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Maybe in silly mode the men'gha mango plants could be replaced with barbaque trees with the consumables from NT

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
We already got one Hitchhiker's Guide reference that I know of.

But which race has the worst poetry?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Having just one reference won't hurt to have another Hugs.

DON'T PANIC

Did you bring your condom?

No - you're fucked

Should be changed reply for no:

No - did you bring at least Sterlix?

No (for Sterlix) - go killyourself or embrace parenthood!

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
So, questionvput of nowhere:  What would power Tavros Station?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It's a space station, so solar panels are viable.  Otherwise I tend to assume things run on nuclear fusion or antimatter reactors.  Possibly power beamed via microwave transmission from a Dyson sphere.  In general energy is a non-object in the style of sci-fi that TiTS is built in.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
It's a space station, so solar panels are viable.  Otherwise I tend to assume things run on nuclear fusion or antimatter reactors.  Possibly power beamed via microwave transmission from a Dyson sphere.  In general energy is a non-object in the style of sci-fi that TiTS is built in.

It's an inconsequential thing but a handwave from the powers-that-be as to where energy comes from in TiTS would be handy, actually.

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
Reason I'm asking is because during the Thraggen Wars, Humanity was already well into space along the Ausari and Anatae.  That was 2800 years ago if I'm reading the timeline Savin showed me right.

Therefore:  What's our energy source now?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Nuclear reactions or antimater using tech was meantioned in general thru the game. So it would/should be some highly efficient reactors of this type for smaller scale objects. For larger ones like large ships or stations... well that wasn't not much touched so devs can still come with some wacky weird tech for producing energy for those objects.