[Submitted] Rainbow Snakes (Snake TF item)

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
After the Slyveren have found their way into the game and have been nothing but lovely (and with Wsan saying them getting a TF on their own is unlikely) I decided to try my hand at an item! Since this is my first submission, I'm gonna need help with the editing and making it as presentable as possible!

Edit: It's submitted now, as you can gleam from the title. I tried to account for every contingency and added a few small things here and there, but I mainly wanted the TF to be short and sweet, since it's not really a kinky item per se. Let's see what happens.

Rainbow Snakes Doc

Last edited:

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
disappointed by the fact they arent gummies shaped like snakes

MosAnted

Aug 11, 2018
Not sure the Serpent's Grace perk is going to fly since Fen & Co have been very clear they don't want stat or combat advantages tied to TFs. Also snakes should have a vulnerability to cold rather than resistance.

Is it meant to be a Slyveren specific TF or more like a general Snake one? 'Cuz Slyverens have two legs, so in that case the naga body would be out of place IMO.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Not sure the Serpent's Grace perk is going to fly since Fen & Co have been very clear they don't want stat or combat advantages tied to TFs. Also snakes should have a vulnerability to cold rather than resistance.

Is it meant to be a Slyveren specific TF or more like a general Snake one? 'Cuz Slyverens have two legs, so in that case the naga body would be out of place IMO.

Okay, from top to bottom: My reasoning with Serpent's Grace was that, unless it changed in a document I couldn't access, Ovinium (Sheep TF)'s "Wooly" perk gives minus 10% to reflexes and Minus 10% to damage from kinetic attacks, which does sound like a combat bonus to me, one that was approved. I can always change that though, so I'll mark it up on the doc.

As for the cold, I wasn't sure how to put it, so I took "minimum resistance" over "vulnerability", but I'll also mark it up on the doc.

As for the final point, yeah, it's meant to be a general snake TF. Preacher seems to have stopped working on theirs, so I thought to give this a shot myself. And I'm confident it's possible to make a pseudo-Slyveren with this since I don't intend to have things like Slyvanol fairy markings/vanae markings be overwritten by this TF's skin transformation.

Edit: I made some changes to the document concerning the Serpent's Grace perk. They're as follows:

- potentially gives a bonus to heat resistance (whether this becomes useful or not is entirely up to Fenoxo and Friends)
- gives a small boost to tease attacks (in a similar vein to pheromone cloud)
- takes higher damage from cold environments and cold-based attacks (I was thinking of Uveto mainly, but then I remembered ice-based weapons do exist in the game).

Last edited:

MosAnted

Aug 11, 2018
Okay, from top to bottom: My reasoning with Serpent's Grace was that, unless it changed in a document I couldn't access, Ovinium (Sheep TF)'s "Wooly" perk gives minus 10% to reflexes and Minus 10% to damage from kinetic attacks, which does sound like a combat bonus to me, one that was approved. I can always change that though, so I'll mark it up on the doc.

Well this is not as important anymore since you changed it, but I'm pretty certain all of those were removed and the only effect left on the Wooly perk was the ability to survive in Uveto's cold. I can't be 100% certain since i can't for the life of me understand the game mechanics code even after poking at it for a while though, but I remember reading that a while ago.

Edit: Found it in one of the changelogs:

• New Ewe now has a version of the “Wooly” perk implemented. It’s pretty much entirely cosmetic, but there you have it.

A possible suggestion for Serpent's Grace, or maybe as a separate perk, maybe add something like Catnip's Flexibility that enables autofellatio regardless of the length of your cock? Snakes are pretty flexible after all. As for the rest It looks good I think, I'm not sure exactly how the game handles the boost from Pheromone Cloud et al, since there's a "pheromone" lust damage type and a "tease" one, you might want to specify it's the latter, if that makes sense (just in the case of using it against pheromone resistant enemies)

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
A possible suggestion for Serpent's Grace, or maybe as a separate perk, maybe add something like Catnip's Flexibility that enables autofellatio regardless of the length of your cock? Snakes are pretty flexible after all. As for the rest It looks good I think, I'm not sure exactly how the game handles the boost from Pheromone Cloud et al, since there's a "pheromone" lust damage type and a "tease" one, you might want to specify it's the latter, if that makes sense (just in the case of using it against pheromone resistant enemies)

Mhh, that sounds like a good idea, actually. On that note, I was considering giving a deepthroat bonus instead, but I'm not sure how I should handle that, considering I probably won't have any stats or parsers to refer to for guidance.

I might just make a comment to have this TF be compatible with the potential future deepthroat TF Wsan is considering and give the flexibility perk you mentioned instead. Autofellatio (maybe autocunnilingus? I have no idea if anyone considered writing that but it'd be there.)

Jongeedubs

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, as has been pointed out, combat perks aren't generally accepted.

Beyond that, the fact that it just leaves a naga body alone instead of specifically giving you a snake-naga body might pose a problem in the future if any other naga body mods get added to the game - unlikely, but possible.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Beyond that, the fact that it just leaves a naga body alone instead of specifically giving you a snake-naga body might pose a problem in the future if any other naga body mods get added to the game - unlikely, but possible.

I'm not exactly clear what you mean, but I made a change according to the input I gleamed from this.

Going into Rainbow Snakes with a naga lower body will leave the lower body untransformed specifically and treat the remainder of the PC transformation the same as if they'd been a centaur/deertaur/chakat/Leithan/multilegged monstrosity going in.

Jongeedubs

Aug 5, 2018
I was trying to say that leaving a naga body untransformed might cause problems in the future if a non-snake naga body ever gets implemented, however unlikely that is to happen.

Last edited:

TFMaster

I was trying to say that leaving a naga body untransformed might cause problems in the future if a non-snake naga body ever gets implemented, however unlikely that is to happen.

Didn’t they already add a non-snake nags body? I could’ve sworn that I heard somewhere that they changed the SharkBites TF to give you a shark naga body of you had a snake one, then again it could’ve just been a concept that I heard somewhere and it wasn’t ever implemented.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Didn’t they already add a non-snake nags body? I could’ve sworn that I heard somewhere that they changed the SharkBites TF to give you a shark naga body of you had a snake one, then again it could’ve just been a concept that I heard somewhere and it wasn’t ever implemented.

I went poking around a bit. I'm not 100% certain, but I think you're referring to the ChumChews thread for a shark TF. Considering Shark Bites are in the game already, I'm not sure how much of a future that one has (but the OP did toss around the idea of a sharkmaid/shark-naga), so who knows?

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
It was a sea serpent variation that came from using the shark tf with a snek lower body, if I remember right. Though honestly it seems pretty hard to imagine a non-snake naga body outside of something like, I dunno a worm or slug body.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Considering we're dealing with aliens here, I wouldn't be surprised to see a worm/slug/centipede/millipede alien TF down the line, at some point. Not with how many bug aliens we've seen so far (Zil, Mothrine, Bothrioc, Nyrea (I think?), Queen of the Deep, both Myr variants...)

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
...sydian, saeri, siel, spinarran, wetraxxel... Not a bad selection for creepy crawlies.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Made some more edits to the document here and there. I'd appreciate to get some more feedback on the writing itself before I take the leap and officially submit this.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
No, I didn't put that in because the item comes with hair loss except for cobra-types where the hair provides the mass to form the cobra hood. It's not one of those chance-based TFs, after all, but a guaranteed "You'll be [x type of snek] after using it once.
Well, maybe there can be like an upgraded version? A sort of "limited time offer". That would be sweet!

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Can you add tail transformation variants to convert tailcunts and tailcocks to snek versions?

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Well, maybe there can be like an upgraded version? A sort of "limited time offer". That would be sweet!

Let's see how this fares first! There's always a chance to make an altered version later on, like the two Ovir TFs in the game.

Can you add tail transformation variants to convert tailcunts and tailcocks to snek versions?

Do you mean special scenes that acknowledge those specific tails? Because I generalized it as "any tail that isn't snek" in the doc and I'd rather be clear on it before I make a last-minute change to an already submitted thing, if I'll do such a thing at all at this stage.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Do you mean special scenes that acknowledge those specific tails? Because I generalized it as "any tail that isn't snek" in the doc and I'd rather be clear on it before I make a last-minute change to an already submitted thing, if I'll do such a thing at all at this stage.
I mean converting genitails into skek-flavored genitals. Existing versions already exist on Catnip and Foxfire for converting cockvine and cuntsnake tails into fully functional feline and vulpine versions.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
I mean converting genitails into skek-flavored genitals. Existing versions already exist on Catnip and Foxfire for converting cockvine and cuntsnake tails into fully functional feline and vulpine versions.

Ah, they do? I never used either of those TFs or tail genitalia, so I didn't know. Tell you what: I won't add it to this TF, BUT if this makes the cut, I'll prepare a second item that's also snek-themed, but more for fun. That way, I can give the options for snake hair and tail gential transformations in a different fashion. Just those two things won't be enough to make for a compelling item though, so it'd have to do more, or serve a specific function like targeted transformations in a similar fashion to Reducto for instance.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Let's see how this fares first! There's always a chance to make an altered version later on, like the two Ovir TFs in the game.
Fingers crosssed! Hopefully we can make it so that we get the hood and the snake hair. God, that would be so fucking amazing.

Last edited:

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Fingers crosssed! Hopefully we can make it so that we get the hood and the snake hair. God, that would be so fucking amazing.

That's kinda impossible since either of those would take the hair type slot, not hair style. Y'know, in case you wanted to tie your (maybe) future snake hair into several styles that don't involve cutting, like ponytails or pigtails.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
That's kinda impossible since either of those would take the hair type slot, not hair style. Y'know, in case you wanted to tie your (maybe) future snake hair into several styles that don't involve cutting, like ponytails or pigtails.
Maybe have it be like a sort of combo? Make 2 variants; hair with hood, and hair without.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Just trying to picture that results in an ungodly mess. I'm gonna have to veto that.
Hold on! I got a few images;

latest

Actually, this is all I got. I know of another one, but fuck me if I know where it is.

Reactions: Noxxie