[Submitted] Makius, the Venarian Doctor Crewmember

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Do you have an idea where i can get a copy of the events doc? If not I can use the old document but that one is harder to work with.
Also is a pull request on git sufficient, or do I have to submit it somewhere else? All threads I've found are about contributing writing not coding.

Yeah it would be a pull request. I'll DM you the document we have on our Trello; i assume that's the finished one.

Edit: That's the same doc AFAICT. :/

Reactions: <><

<><

Jun 22, 2017
Yeah it would be a pull request. I'll DM you the document we have on our Trello; i assume that's the finished one.

Edit: That's the same doc AFAICT. :/
Ok, thanks for checking, i'l assume it wasn't finished and use the old doc then. I'l throw you guys a pull request when its done.

EDIT: nevermind found the document.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zavos

<><

Jun 22, 2017
This month development has been a little slow, expecting the next month to be the same.
I finished the Tarkus Clinic document, which i forget about in the previous update. This is where Makius starts out, making the project about half finished now.

Since the writer and editor of the project don't seem very active i'l expand the monthly report with some design decisions for people to scrutinize.

I've removed the line about the PC not knowing their cousin and Maki's response to it in the clinc intro. I think the convo still works well without them.
To make the clinic useful despite being old and underfunded i've opted for that the old methods they use, while more expensive, are more targeted. Allowing players to choose what to get rid of.
The talk scenes are inconsistent, with some of them ending with the pc leaving, others with makius asking what to do next. Currently following that in the coding, but seems annoying that some convos get you kicked out of his menu.
Some scenes end with a sex scene without the requirements (pc and makius naked and near a bed) Since I haven't written sex yet I don't know how bad that is, but i've noted where it happens.
I am planning on adding a status effect for when you get bandaged or licked by Makius (or bandaged by his apprentice). This would offset the higher healing cost and would be mobile if Maki is in the crew. Maybe a passive health(bandage) and energy(lick) gain when out of combat?
I've added a sickbay for the ship that can be bought and attached like any other module since makius speaks multiple times about lacking one (and there are some if's that ask if it exists) but I haven't found a scene that actually makes use of it in a big way, so I might have to scrap it if I don't find a reason for it to occupy a ship slot.

I'm currently supporting these image names for Makius:
* MAKIUS
* MAKIUS_BREED
* MAKIUS_PREG1
* MAKIUS_PREG2
* MAKIUS_PREG3
* MAKIUS_FEM
* MAKIUS_FEM_BREED
* MAKIUS_FEM_PREG1
* MAKIUS_FEM_PREG2
* MAKIUS_FEM_PREG3
* MAKIUS_NUDE
* MAKIUS_BREED_NUDE
* MAKIUS_PREG1_NUDE
* MAKIUS_PREG2_NUDE
* MAKIUS_PREG3_NUDE
* MAKIUS_FEM_NUDE
* MAKIUS_FEM_BREED_NUDE
* MAKIUS_FEM_PREG1_NUDE
* MAKIUS_FEM_PREG2_NUDE
* MAKIUS_FEM_PREG3_NUDE

These are the locations I've picked for Makius to show up in: first is the Clinic in Novahome, second his apartment when he is at the nursery and lastly the tile he will show up in at the nursery:
upload_2020-1-12_18-40-58.pngupload_2020-1-12_18-41-59.pngupload_2020-1-12_18-42-31.png

<><

Jun 22, 2017
Update: Due to the happenings of the last months I haven't been able to complete the sexual scenes. I have however taken the time to debug the rest of the content and sent it to LashCharge for testing and acceptance. I cannot give an ETA for the implementation of the sex scenes right now, but I will try hammering away at it when I have time.

Reactions: Droxzyn

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Update: Due to the happenings of the last months I haven't been able to complete the sexual scenes. I have however taken the time to debug the rest of the content and sent it to LashCharge for testing and acceptance. I cannot give an ETA for the implementation of the sex scenes right now, but I will try hammering away at it when I have time.

Thanks for your efforts :) I'm looking foeward to playing through this!

Reactions: <><

<><

Jun 22, 2017
Development on the project has picked up again. Currently I'm aiming for submitting it at the end of this month. I'm not familiar with the speed of reviewing, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it making it in the July public build since the project is pretty big, complex and made by a first timer.

TItsFan21211

Jun 25, 2020
Development on the project has picked up again. Currently I'm aiming for submitting it at the end of this month. I'm not familiar with the speed of reviewing, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it making it in the July public build since the project is pretty big, complex and made by a first timer.

Good luck :)

Reactions: Foxxling

Alyeska

Nov 3, 2018
Perhaps a sudjestion, I did not find it in the docs, might have missed. A few scenes where Maki is interested, and/or intent on making you pregnant with his child, as he can both father and mother a child.

<><

Jun 22, 2017
Perhaps a sudjestion, I did not find it in the docs, might have missed. A few scenes where Maki is interested, and/or intent on making you pregnant with his child, as he can both father and mother a child.
He can already impregnate the PC, he is generally oblivious about it until it actually happens or you ask him to take virility boosters.

I've commited my code and requested a merge. You can view it here.

Last edited:

Lolipop

Jun 21, 2020
Anyone know if this got accepted or not? This is so fuckin' good content I'll be sad if fen rejected it...

<><

Jun 22, 2017
The reviewing process of entirely new content is put on hold due to the death of flash, so we won't know for a while yet.
In this downtime me and @Lashcharge have been pushing a few tweaks to improve the odds of acceptance.

Reactions: Kesil

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Fuck man, can not wait for to go full alpha on this omega.
Or to preg him in lamer terms.