Some Notes for my Fellow Writers

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
After having a brief work meeting tonight, we've come away with the following decisions and notes. Some of you have been asking for this info for a loooong time, so buckle up.

Planet/Quest Design

• We're expecting 10 main-line story planets per playthrough. The level cap for TiTS is 20.
  • Side planets like NT/Uveto do not count against this. Nor do they influence level progression or balance.
  • Alternative planets will be more common at low levels (eg. allowing you to go to either Phaedra or Mhen'ga at the start), but funnel towards a more linear end progression.
  • Alternative planets will have new Rival encounters -- you can either get the Phaedra or Mhen'ga probe, for example.
  • The other major storyline aside from the Treasure Hunt, tentatively called Tainted Space, begins on World 7-1.

Ship Combat (Basics)

• The Geddyvin Collective has convinced Fenoxo that having ship interiors is a Good Thing. Ships will now have interior maps... eventually. When we start implementing new ships.
  • Ships will have generic rooms with unique descriptions. Follower bunks will slot into generic hardpoints, and have their own unique descriptions/options/etc. 
  • Ships will be made up of several hardpoints. Some are dedicated directly to weapons; some are freeform. Your number of hardpoints and your ship's power generation determine what cool shit you can use.
  • The statistics of your ship will be modified by 20% of your character's Attributes like AIM/INT/etc.
  • Your crew will also be assigned various "skill ratings", and can be assigned to different tasks in combat. The higher their rating, the bigger the bonus they provide.

• Ships can be "refit" (ie, change your hardpoint gear) only at Vahn on Tavros.
  • Ships have a Hull rating -- ie, Health. Losing Hull sucks big time, and must be repaired at a shipyard (Tavros, Uveto Station) at a cost based on your ship's base value. Cheap junkers are easy to fix.
  • YOU CAN RENAME YOUR SHIP WHOO.

Ship Combat (Post Combat)

• There will be no "one-size fits all" resolution for post-combat in ships. Fights are relatively rare compared to foot combat, and will be more involved.
  • Post combat, enemies can board you. This may trigger a ground combat fight, or may progress directly into a loss scene. The reverse is true if the PC wins.
  • IT MAY BE POSSIBLE through dynamic group combat that certain followers can help defend the ship from boarding parties. MAYBE. DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP BUT MAYBE.
  • Of course, your ship can just get blown up and you all die.

Reactions: wallpaper

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
But where's the section for upgrading ships with breeding stations? We need something to keep our favorite Nuki in place so we can give her some butt-

Nah, I'm joking. Nice to see some clarification for some stuff. Totes good stuff.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
But where's the section for upgrading ships with breeding stations?

I have an idea for a breeding ranch on NT but writing multiple other-author characters into one project is basically impossible, so you sadly won't be able to put Anno in the stocks... probably... hmm. Well, no promises.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
I have an idea for a breeding ranch on NT but writing multiple other-author characters into one project is basically impossible, so you sadly won't be able to put Anno in the stocks... probably... hmm. Well, no promises.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I just want Wsan to finish Edan so he can get back to things that are relevant to my interests.

By the way, we already got things like the Egg Trainer on board. I'm sure there'll be more devious mechanical things.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Bess' sell scene (which i go through every playthrough as commentary on bess herself) implies that junker ships like the casstech are worth a bit less then 10k.  We can assume that a small but modern ship costs maybe 20k, which is easily achievable.  Likewise, a high end ship would cost probably 100k (after Lenore's friends, family & evidence disposal discount), which is easily achievable after completing all the current content.  

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Bess' sell scene (which i go through every playthrough as commentary on bess herself) implies that junker ships like the casstech are worth a bit less then 10k.

I wouldn't really take anything away re: assumptions of core economic mechanics from something I guarantee Fenoxo's never even seen before.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Bess' sell scene (which i go through every playthrough as commentary on bess herself) implies that junker ships like the casstech are worth a bit less then 10k.  We can assume that a small but modern ship costs maybe 20k, which is easily achievable.  Likewise, a high end ship would cost probably 100k (after Lenore's friends, family & evidence disposal discount), which is easily achievable after completing all the current content.  

ENTER THE MEGATHRON FEDERATE ISSUE UGC Milspec Casstech-14.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Thank you for this, it's very helpful.

Navy apoc UGC Milspec Casstech-11-2 wen

.You will take your Imperial Potemkin-25 and you will like it

FrankenApple

Mar 29, 2016
You can bet your sweet ass I will be all over spaceship content when the base framework is available. Probably because I enjoy writing actual space stuff more than smut.

I will torture everyone with my unsexable space trader waifu!

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
You can bet your sweet ass I will be all over spaceship content when the base framework is available. Probably because I enjoy writing actual space stuff more than smut.

I will torture everyone with my unsexable space trader waifu!

Quick, someone smut the sloot!

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016

For those of us that don't want to spend the rest of out lives figuring out every internet slang or personal reference, WHAT the fuck does this crap mean?! I'm NOT going to pull out the soapbox swear. Would like some clarification though.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Ahhh, popular culture reference. <.< should have known. >.> Not that it would have helped me much. 0.0 Thank you though Krynh.

Last edited by a moderator:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
For those of us that don't want to spend the rest of out lives figuring out every internet slang or personal reference, WHAT the fuck does this crap mean?! I'm NOT going to pull out the soapbox swear. Would like some clarification though.

It also references Anno's puppy count :^)

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Keep that up and Savin'll just make Anno OD on Sterilex or something.  B|

People forget he always has that option, but he never pulls the trigger because he loves you.

You love them, don't you @Savin? :D  

I don't forget these things because savin is the 'mander commander, and we all know what a mander can do to you.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Keep that up and Savin'll just make Anno OD on Sterilex or something.  B|

People forget he always has that option, but he never pulls the trigger because he loves you.

You love them, don't you @Savin? :D  

No harm meant. Anno is bae. We can all make jokes T~T

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
No. Joke ares banned. This is a No Fun Thread. It's about serious writan' things. Like a board meeting for smut forums. 

*straightens blazer and pushes up glasses*

You may want to put the blazer on right side out if you're going to bother straightening it

*watches the glasses slide RIGHT back down to where they were.*

Jan 22, 2016
We can all agree that Anno is the best character and we all love and thank Savin for writing her. However, as much as I'd like to just straight up hijack this topic and make it about her, we should probably talk about all the other kind of huge things that just got (sort of) announced, like the fact that a whole new narrative is going to be included or the many ways in which we could possibly alter our ship and have awesome space fights and all that.

Honestly by this point I was expecting the whole Tainted Space thing to be just for the acronym, but now it's gonna be like an actual thing? Like, before I even played I thought it was gonna be some sort of mechanic like corruption in Corruption of Champions, how we could start as human or some other mostly humanoid race and slowly gain more Taint as we veer further away from our original genetic makeup or something like that? But yeah anyone else can't wait to find out what it actually means? What do you think it'll be? Will it tie into the whole factions system we've been teased with for months now?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Savin has straight up admitted on the forums that sometimes he does things to troll us.